Real Performers+Real Musicians=Best Entertainment!

AffinitiNYC is a Top Tier Event Band Company specializing in Curated Playlists designed to bring into fruition the Clients Vision for their Special Event. Our expertise is Versatile, HIGH ENERGY, EXTRA CLASSY, Pleasingly Edgy, HEARTFELT, musical performance. Our LOVE of music and our desire to spread LOVE through the vehicle of music is our passion and Mission. The Bandleaders Chandlar & Karen J meet with clients personally taking them effortlessly through their musical journey exploding into Fun Filled, Memorable Events to last a Lifetime. Our Goal is to alleviate the stress factor and increase the Fun factor from the moment we meet with clients. We started this company to offer what we consider to be a breath of fresh air to the EVENT BAND industry.

Instruments

Cello, Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Violin, Vocals

Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Music

1650 Broadway STE 503, New York, NY TRI-STATE AREA - UNITED STATES - INTERNATIONAL (917) 309-4153
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Melissa M

AffinitiNYC were beyond incredible. As a NYC based live event producer, I've seen almost everyone in the business, but I couldn't have imagined anyone better for my own wedding. Chandlar was so attentive, and even spoke on the phone with me for over an hour prior to the... Read More wedding, where we decided which songs and versions of songs we liked. My dream was to have the dance floor packed at my wedding, and it was like that the entire night. To quote my cousin "can I book them for my daughter's bat mitzvah now" (note: she's turning 5 this year!) Thank you, thank you, thank you AffinitiNYC!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Liz S

WOW - AffinitiNYC is without a doubt, the best band out there. My husband and I interviewed MANY bands before finding AffinitiNYC. We both love music and believe the band is the most important part of a wedding. After booking another band, and then seeing Chandlar at a friend's... Read More wedding, we immediately cancelled our first band (lost our non-refundable deposit) and met with Chandlar and Karen. They were SO amazing to work with. Prompt with replies, kept us on schedule, and made the planning process very easy! When the big day came (two days ago), they were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I can't say it enough how unbelievable they were. EVERYONE at our wedding hasn't stopped commenting on their performance. Not only are they the most talented musicians I have ever seen, they MC'd the night to make sure everyone in the room was involved in the party. My husband and I can't thank this team enough for making our wedding the best night we could have ever hoped for!!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Jamie M

Chandlar and Karen are the absolute best! My husband didn't want to book a band through a management company so when a friend recommended AffinitiNYC, we knew we had found the band for us. Chandlar and Karen were extremely helpful throughout the entire process, answering all our... Read More questions in a timely manner. We even got to see them perform before booking which is unheard of in the wedding industry. The entire band was amazing all night - from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception. All our guests were raving about how much fun they had and how it was the best band they've ever seen at a wedding. We hope to be guests at another wedding with AffinitiNYC soon!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Nick A

If you closed your eyes you'd think the artists that sang their respective songs were performing. Affiniti is a group of the most talented musicians I've ever been around. I got texts and calls from my friends and family saying how their bodies are sore from dancing for so many... Read More hours. The energy that Affiniti brought was absolutely incredible. By far and away the best band I've ever heard. We chose a wide range of songs from rap and soul to grunge rock and top radio hits. They had the range to nail every single song. It's worth mentioning that Michael and Karen are the easiest people to work with. Planning a wedding is a stressful thing but I knew that we had nothing to worry about after our first conversation with them. Book this band right now and give yourself the peace of mind that you just booked your best wedding partner and the life blood of your party!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Jenna D

Chandlar, Karen and their band are amazing! We heard about them from friends who attended a wedding where they performed and were nervous to hire a band we had never seen live. We went to one of their showcase performances at Prohibition Bar and were very impressed. We knew... Read More they were good from the showcase but were blown away on our wedding day. We hired their 10 piece band which was awesome and we have received countless compliments about the band and their talents! Also- they were kind enough to welcome my husband (who plays guitar) into the band for a couple songs and encore! They rocked it and knocked the socks off our guests! Anyone who feels that the band can make or break the fun at a wedding will not be disappointed with AffinitiNYC.

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 b r

We know a band can make or break a wedding, and that's why we did an insane amount of research for this. We met with 5 different bands (including 2 of the most popular bands in the city) and chose Affiniti for numerous reasons. Here are just a few: 1. Our first impression of... Read More them was hearing the band play at Prohibition and as a musician myself, I was blown away. Chandlar and Karen are truly talented and surround themselves with amazing musicians. The drummer, guitarist, keyboards, bass, etc. are all amazing. 2. The band has known each other for years, are all friends, and constantly play with each other. They (we've been told this by numerous band members) have a lot of fun playing with each other and it really shows. Compared to other wedding bands where there's no synergy, they are a tight sounding band and bring so much energy into a room. 3. Chandlar and Karen are awesome to deal with and we loved the personalization. We got to know them through meeting a few times and seeing them play at Prohibition, and it's an amazing feeling dancing at your wedding and being able to look at the band and know mostly every musician. 4. We received so many compliments about Affiniti from friends and family. Some of these friends are also musicians and had amazing things to say about their musicianship and song arrangements, which, btw are awesome. If you want to connect with us as a referral or have any questions, please ask Chandlar and Karen (ask for Brett) and they will be able to put us in touch. I have so many amazing things to say but don't want this review to go on forever.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Mariel G

I completely agree with everything on the website. Real Musicians, Upscale, High Energy, Versatile! We hired AFFINITINYC for our October 2016 wedding and could not be happier! The band was incredibly talented and a pleasure to work with. Multiple guests told us “that was the... Read More best wedding band I’ve ever seen!” The playlist was awesome and the dance floor was packed the entire night, I didn’t want the wedding to end! The band also did a great job MC’ing the event and was very organized. They were complete Pro’s. We are grateful to Chandlar, Karen J and the rest of the band for such a memorable evening and highly recommend AFFINITINYC!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Whitney A

BEST . BAND . OUT . THERE . PERIOD. We hired Affiniti as a 10 piece ensemble (4 singers, 2 horns, guitar, keyboardist, bass, and drum). Here's the thing... I did A LOT of research on bands. In fact, before hiring Affiniti, I looked into over 60 bands and saw 14 of... Read More those bands perform in person. I am so very happy that we ended up with Affiniti. They are incredible and there isn't a guest we have talked to who hasn't mentioned how phenomenal the band was- from our 20/30-something friends to our 60/70-something relatives- everyone loved them and everyone danced- the whole time- right to the last minute. We had professional musicians (including one of the pianists for Hamilton on Broadway) among our guests, and they were especially impressed. Working with Chandlar and Karen was a pleasure. They are nice, accommodating, and make a great team. A few particular details: -Karen is a powerhouse vocalist and performer. Yes, they're all awesome, but she is really really special. -Chandlar is a warm and talented emcee and bandleader. -When they say continuous music, they mean it...and it's not just the drums and guitar plucking chords while the rest of the group goes on break...the sound is always full and someone is always singing (admittedly, the fact we went with 6 instruments and 4 vocalists might have helped us here). -When you watch their online videos, rest assured, as good as they are there, they are better in person. -If you go to see them perform at Prohibition or elsewhere, rest assured, they will sound AT LEAST as good as that at your wedding. - I know I've mentioned that we had the 10 piece group a few times, but I've also seen them perform with just two singers and four instruments, and they sound great that way too. There were a number of things that didn't live up to our expectations with this wedding. This band, was not one of them. (I am the groom's sister)

Reviewed on 11/02/2016

Wow! What. A. Night! This band was AMAZING from start to finish; the party never stopped. We enjoyed working with Chandler and Karen because they listened to everything that we wanted and incorporated it into an evening of non-stop fun and partying. We interviewed a few other... Read More bands prior to going with Affiniti and we were immediately drawn to their professionalism, knowledge, musical talent/range and prompt communication. Chandler made himself available to us whenever we needed and took the time out to explain the specifics of our special day down to the very last detail. Our wedding was three weeks ago and we are still receiving texts and phone calls about how great the band was. The versatility of music they were able to play was absolutely incredible-there was a seamless mix of oldies but goodies and new, hip/popular songs. So many of our guests said they felt as if they were at a live concert. The dance floor was packed throughout the entire evening. We could not have asked for more; this was the best party ever. Affiniti Band MADE our wedding and we are ever so grateful. They are so worth it!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Sandee T

Sensational!! I felt like I was at a live concert! You played for my daughter's wedding reception on 10/9/16 in Cooperstown, NY. I can't accurately describe how amazing you all are! Your high energy, talent and professionalism clearly got the crowd going! I wish you could... Read More have played all night long, and also that I had a CD of your performance . I would love to be able to listen to your band and the songs you performed at our event all over again and relive the night! Have you ever thought of recording the event performance and offering it for sale? All the guests had a fantastic time! Chandler, et al, thank you, thank you, thank you!

2016-10-13T15:58:10 Response from the vendor

It was an Honor and a Pleasure to provide our services for your family. Thank you so much for having us.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Jaclyn O

We loved Chandler and Karen from the moment we saw them at Prohibition in NYC. They have such a great energy between them that it immediately draws you in. After the night we saw them at Prohibition, we knew we had to have them. They were quick to respond and were so genuine... Read More when we met them. Throughout our engagement and preparation for the wedding they were very flexible with the changes we made far from and very close to the wedding. When you meet them and see them perform, you can instantly tell they love what they do. They also love making people happy and to enjoy the music they play. We got so many compliments at and after our wedding. Karen also got my husband from the bar with his groomsmen and brought him back to dance with me. The little things they did made a world of difference to us. I don't have the words to say how happy we were. They also let my cousin play with them on stage with made all of my family so happy. Thank so you much Chandler and Karen. We hope to see you soon at Prohibition!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Amotz S

How can I even begin to describe the energy and vibes this amazing group brings with them? Everything we hoped for and much more, from Chandlar, Karen and the rest of this talented, fun, chill group of people. We had the chance to meet not only a top notch professionals who... Read More delivered in the highest standards, but also amazing personalities. Chandlar, Karen, we feel blessed you were part of our big day. Thank you!! P.S. If anyone reads this review and would like to speak to me directly, I'd be more than happy to give more details.

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Jillian K

We had the most amazing time at our wedding thanks to Affiniti! All of our guests were on the dance floor the entire night and we haven't stopped hearing from friends and family that they loved the band. Chandlar and Karen were also so easy to work with throughout the process.... Read More We couldn't be happier that we chose to have them at our wedding. Don't hesitate to book them!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Danielle T

This band is kicking! We hire Karen, Chandler and three other members of the band to perform at our wedding and they sounded great! Affiniti brings an element of soulfulness to every song they perform, which is exactly what we wanted. They also are flexible and accommodating.... Read More For example, we changed the reception times the day before the wedding. We reached out to the band by email and they were super responsive and raised no concerns. We also requested particular songs not found on their song list and they were able to make it happen. Affiniti are well-experienced and it shows! Karen and Chandler acted as MCs for the night and everything went seamlessly, from introductions to speeches. There was a great flow throughout the reception and that is a testament to their professionalism. They can deal with every situation!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Kaci L

Chandlar and Karen were INCREDIBLE!!!! Everyone was raving about how awesome the band was!!! They performed a great mix of old and new and put in songs from the current top 40 hits (as requested). They were absolute rock stars and were so easy to work with and asked all of the... Read More right questions. They are bonafide PROS. A+++ Feel free to call for a personal reference. 516-317-3276 (ask for Adam - Groom).

Great Party

Reviewed on 1/24/2016 Samantha G

What a party!!! AffinitiNYC made it all happen. Our guests commented on our incredible band--some saying that this was the best they've ever seen (and I'd agree). They were spirited, talented, and kept the party going the whole night. The dance floor was packed throughout the... Read More entire wedding. Chandlar and Karen were a pleasure to work with and didn't even blink an eye when we added a few songs at the last minute. We had so much fun dancing the night away with the AffinitiNYC crew.

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Razili S

Affiniti NYC was absolutely AMAZING!!! It's 2 months after our wedding now -- and we're still getting guests calling and asking for the name of our incredible band. Karen & Chandlar are not only wildly talented, but they're awesome, thoughtful people. They took the time to meet... Read More with us multiple times, in person, to brainstorm and review every last detail of the evening. They also had some very creative ideas for how to make the evening flow perfectly. We got so many comments on the energy, talent, and sheer amazingness of the entire band. They truly made our night special & unique, I couldn't have imagined the party without them. THANK YOU Affiniti NYC -- we can't wait to bring you back to our anniversary party:)

2015-11-16T02:46:32 Response from the vendor

Thanks Raz! It was a Pleasure working with you guys! Make sure you come and see us at Prohibition when you guys come up for air!...lol Wishing you guys all the BEST!

What a great party

Reviewed on 9/01/2015

What a great job this band did at our daughter's wedding. Their musicianship was excellent, and they were extremely nice and easy to deal with. We had a number of folks tell us this was the best wedding they had ever been to.

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 justina a

We are truly grateful that we choose AffinitiNYC as our wedding band. I love their professionalism and precise attention to minute details. KarenJ is amazing, her voice is beyond beautiful. It was a pleasure to have them perform not only at the wedding ceremony but also at the... Read More reception and it was perfection. Will definitely book the band again for any personal or social occasion.

These Guys Are The Best!!!!

Reviewed on 3/30/2015

So, full disclosure, we didn't actually have a wedding. Our son is only 13. But he did have a fancy bar mitzvah reception in NYC in February 2015 and AffinitiNYC was the band we hired. More thoughts below, but here's a short review for those with a short attention span: they... Read More seriously kicked a%# from start to finish and turned our son's bar mitzvah into a party that no one will ever forget. First, if you're reading this, you obviously are considering having live music at your wedding. If you are on the fence between hiring a band and hiring a DJ, please do yourself and your guests a favor and hire a live band! No offense to all the great DJs out there. But when you hire the right band, live music brings life and energy to an event that can only be created by real-life musicians and singers, bringing all of their talent and energy to make your reception a joyous, one-of-a-kind event. Again, DJs have their place, but a wedding is a CELEBRATION and the best way to celebrate is with a real band, trust us! Second, when it comes to bands, these guys are the best. They were very easy to work with and put a lot of effort into understanding what types of songs - and what actual songs - we wanted to hear at our event. A few of our favorite songs were not on their (very extensive) song list, but they were happy to learn them. When it came to the event, all I can say is they delivered, and exceeded by a large margin our very high expectations of them. The band sounded great from start to finish - never too loud, but always bringing the right level of energy to get people up on their feet, in some cases literally jumping up and down, and smiling. The set list they developed based on our input was stellar. Our attendees ranged from young teens to octogenarians, and everyone found something to enjoy in the song choices, which ranged from class R&B, soul, pop and rock songs to current hits to Sinatra-esque standards (and softer stuff during our cocktail hour and the meal). Somehow, they made every style of music real and full of real life and joy - nothing sounded forced or canned - and, except during the meal, the dance floor was always jammed. The band is made up of first-rate professional musicians, without exception, and the stars of the show, Chandlar and Karen, are truly exceptional singers. Words cannot describe what they bring individually and together to the songs they sing. It's now almost April and we are still getting comments about how great the band was and how much fun people had on the dance floor at our event. We have never written a review for anything and we may never do so again. But we loved AffinitiNYC so much that we wanted to spread the word. Hire these guys already!

Best wedding band ever

Reviewed on 12/29/2013 Caren B

AffinitiNYC I’ll get right to the point. My wife and I had had over 250 people at our wedding at The Florentine Gardens in NJ. As we were making the rounds to speak to all of our guests, at least one person at every table made a point of complimenting the band. This included... Read More professional and semi-pro musicians exclaiming that AffinitiNYC was the best wedding band they’d ever heard. My wife and I could easily make the same statement... and we’ve both attended plenty of wonderful and fun weddings before our own. The point, obviously, is that the quality of the musicianship is exceptional. These are professional NYC gig and session musicians who also happen to run a cohesive and highly professional event band. The band leaders, Chandlar and Karen are talented vocalists. The nine-piece lineup we selected included two other vocalists alongside skilled rhythm and horn sections. Affiniti can play anything and everything: R&B, rock, jazz, hip-hop, pop from all generations. And they play it in a way that combines musical virtuosity with pack-the-dance-floor audience appeal for all ages. We knew what we wanted above all in a wedding band is someone who would keep the party going for the whole 5 hours; AffinityNYC delivered in spades. Affiniti also played instrumental music during our cocktail hour. They made sure to always have someone on stage during the reception, even when the rest of the band was taking a break. They controlled the sound and volume so well; pumping the music when everyone was dancing and having quiet instrumentals during dinner when our guests were talking amongst themselves. At many weddings you can’t hear the person next to you at dinner, but that was not the case for us with Affiniti. I had the job of booking the wedding band, and the challenge of doing so remotely from out of state. I spoke to at least 10 different bands leaders or managers, reviewed their audition videos and websites, and read reviews online. Amidst my nerves about booking a band “sight unseen”, my phone conversations with Chandlar put me totally at ease. Having been blown away by Affiniti’s DVD and the clips I’d seen online of them performing, I was pleased to discover that Chandlar was so friendly, patient, and down to earth. I was also happy to learn that despite their obviously superior musicianship, AffinitiNYCs prices were right in line with (if not lower than) a lot of the bands associated with the big “entertainment groups”. Once we booked them (about 7 months in advance), Chandlar and Karen remained incredibly responsive and fun to work with. They actually drove out to meet us for lunch one day (months in advance of the wedding) even though Karen had to perform that night, just because I happened to be in town. They took notes about our music preferences and offered suggestions for songs/genres. They expanded their song list to accommodate some of our “must plays”. Karen and Chandlar were instrumental in helping me select a mother/son dance song. They were professional in dealing with the event staff at our venue, and flexible with last-minute changes to the order of events. Finally, Chandlar did a great job of emceeing the reception. We really couldn’t have done any better than AffinitNYC for a wedding band. If you want a great party with a world-class soundtrack, book them and you’ll be glad.

The Most Talented Wedding Band in NYC - Bar None

Reviewed on 11/18/2013

Our experience with Affinitinyc started about nine months prior to our wedding date. We showcased 6 hyped-up, over-marketed NYC-based bands prior to identifying and meeting Affinitynyc. In full disclosure, I am an avid music guy, worked for several years for two major labels and... Read More have been around talented musicians for a sizable portion of my adult life. Music is a part of me and having the great music at our wedding was an absolute priority and became my sole focus. As mentioned, we had showcased a bunch of other highly-touted bands (we connected with them through personal recommendations, NYMAG, etc.) but every time we sat through those sets it felt like the movie Groundhog Day where the content was just monotonously stale and just so stereotypical of a wedding band where the bride and groom are just not that into music and want an out-of-the-box solution. This type of band was antithetical of what my wife and I wanted, as we were adamant about having the type of music played - and more importantly - the type of sound that suited our tastes and the tastes of our guests. When we were put in touch with Affinitinyc, we were skeptical because of our previous batting average with other bands. I must say, however, that after they set up a 'private' showcase for us (which is rare in and of itself) we were absolutely blown away. It was ten pieces of harmonious funkiness that you can tell from the first note to the last kick was pure synchronicity. This band has "it". Anyone who has been around musicians can tell you what that "it" is. You know how a couple in love usually knows what the other is thinking without saying anything; that’s “it”. Like all good musicians they can play. But unlike a collection of just good musicians there is an amazing magic that these guys (and gals) create when they play together. To boot, they can take most any song and make it their own, oftentimes sounding better than the original. We were sold after their showcase and spent the next 8 month working amongst ourselves and in concert with them on a set list for the evening, which again is rare, but was an absolute necessity for us given our love of music. They allowed us to be VERY hands on and we felt incredibly comfortable discussing the musical narrative of the evening with them. Our friends knew coming into our wedding that they were in store for something truly special from a musical arrangement standpoint. It's been a little over a week since we were married and I've gotten about 75 emails about how incredible the music was and how amazingly orchestrated it was start to finish. If I was still in the music biz, I would want to bottle up that night and put them on tour. It was that amazing!!The music and the experience were AAA++++ and that is super important. But, I would be remiss if I didn't mention how wonderful the band leaders (Chandlar and Karen) are. They made the whole experience possible for us and superseded every expectation we had. They are also some of the sweetest, most genuine people you will ever come across. You will fall in love with them same as my wife and I did as we came to know them over the months leading to our wedding day. Their singular goal is to make your wedding night special and they are so sincere and work so earnestly towards making you happy that it's truly remarkable. Any superlative you can say about someone you hire for a special occasion would fit the bill here. In a word they were "perfect" for us. Best decision we made.

2013-11-20T09:33:11 Response from the vendor

Ryan, your playlist was a pleasure to perform. It was an honor. We had a Great time partying with you guys! Congratulations!!!! Wishing you Happiness, Health & Wealth!!!!

Committee chair

Reviewed on 11/05/2013

I used affinityNYC for my $500 per person benefit. The audience was celebrities, broadway producers and the elite of NYC. I can't convey what a party the event turned out to be because of the vocalists and the band. Karen and Chandler are not only professional and... Read More extraordinary reliable, but are amazing vocalist! You can not (IMO) have a better party band then affiniti.

Chandlar & Karen J

Chandlar & Karen J are a husband and wife TEAM making them the perfect guides to take you through the process of planning the ENTERTAINMENT for your Special Event.