You see the importance of documenting all of the details you worked so hard to bring to life on your wedding day. Everything will be moving fast and you will be having so much fun. Your photography will bring it all back: The smiles and laughter, anticipation before the ceremony and excitement after the recessional, all of the details from your wedding dress to the flowers on the cake. As you dance with your best friends into the night, I follow along and capture these moments.

Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

2522 32nd Ave W, Seattle, WA
Seattle and beyond

I have an affinity for Affinity! Haha, seriously though, they're awesome

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Liz C

We loved our experience with Affinity. Sean was the first photographer we met, and we knew instantly that he was the right choice for us. I'd checked out his online portfolio pretty extensively -- amazingly gorgeous -- and just wanted a meet and greet to make sure we were on the... Read More same page. Chris and I immediately clicked with Sean and his wife Candace; they are funny, warm, talented, and were very excited to be involved in our wedding day. You never have to ask Sean to go the extra mile; he is always ready and willing to accommodate ideas. We got married on Orcas Island, and he and Candace traveled up to the island with us a few weeks ahead of time to do a preliminary scouting mission. He also did a two part engagement shoot with us in different locations. Sean's assistant, Kiel, is wonderful as well. The whole team is easy going, easy to work with, and take beautiful, creative photos. We wanted our wedding to be fun, whimsical, and a little quirky, and Sean and Kiel definitely captured the essence of the event. Worth every penny! We couldn't be more pleased with the results. Artistic photos + great personalities = can't go wrong!

Affinity Photography is amazing!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014

Sean Hoyt of Affinity photography is truly talented! He is creative beyond belief and balances that with his technical skills to capture this special day. Sean kept everyone loose and smiling with his humor. He was always in position to capture all "the action" and did so... Read More without us even being aware. Sean works hard to capture the memories of your day. Worth every penny! Supremely satisfied Mother and Father of the Bride

Best Photography in Seattle!

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Taryn H

Sean and his assistant for the day were absolutely amazing to work with. They were with us from start to finish and made our wedding day flow smoothly while also making sure we were having fun. I was beyond excited to see the final product, there was not one photo that I did not... Read More like. Sean listened to what style of photos and locations were important to us and came up with some amazing shots. His expertise and artistic touch really shine through his work. I would recommend him to anyone that asks. My bridal party was very impressed with him and we are still getting comments about how professional yet fun he was to work with, which is important on your wedding day in order to keep the stress and nerves to a minimum! Thank you Affinity Photography for capturing all those important moments for us and helping us to treasure them forever!

Highly recommend Affinity

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Photos last forever and they capture one of the biggest moments of your life. It was a priority for me and Anna to pick a photography who was extremely professional, someone we trusted, valued their expertise and we were very comfortable with. Sean was all of these things and... Read More more. Your photographer is with you during the private moments you share with your partner, not just the big event. You are letting them into your life. I felt he really listened to what we wanted and got to understand how he can bring out the best pictures out of us. I generally don't like to taking photos so I was apprehensive about our first engagement session. Sean made it fun, let us do our thing and I loosened up right away and had a great time. Before we even saw the first photos, I knew we made the best decision and got the best value.

Affinity is the best

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Anna K

We had such an amazing experience with Sean and his team. I'm not a very photogenic person and am super awkward when posed. I was pretty nervous about our engagement session since I don't like to be the center of attention. Sean was fun and really captured the moments Jeff and I... Read More shared rather than trying to force the shot and direct the session with his agenda. It was our day. There wasn't a time limit for our engagement sessions so we didn't feel rushed. He helped us relax and just enjoy the moment being together. I really wanted to have some photos with our dogs so he even schedule a second session with us which I really appreciated. He got so many great pictures of my tiny and extremely excited pups. I've recommended him to all of my friends and coworkers who have gotten engaged. The day of our wedding my entire wedding party all had fun and his team did a great job directing everyone and keeping them focused. I was so happy with our online album and our physical albums they really told our story. Sean was just as excited to create the album with us which really showed through in his worked. The pictures were thoughtfully placed. He took our input. We had absolutely no complaints. Sean has a great eye and is extremely talented. We felt really lucky to have found and worked with him.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Over the top amazing! Sean & His team are so talented and gifted. Photography is so important for a wedding, this is what you hold on to for the years and decades to come. Sean, Candace & Lydia are worth everything we spent. Sean is flexible to do an engagement photo set that... Read More fits you. He went above and beyond for us to get great photos and let us go on an adventure to do so! He scouted out areas for us and our wedding photos and created a rain plan in case it rained! (January wedding). His eye for light, beauty, how to pose, is off the charts. I can't say enough positive things. The photos fit us and aren't overly posed or stuffy looking. The books he made us that come with the package are beautiful and high quality. He also has done 2 other family weddings and he will certainly be my friends & family go to for years to come! Affinity Photography is the place you go back to as life changes happen. I look forward to having him take photos as our family grows and changes. Thank you!

Highest Recommendation

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Paula S

Sean's photography is simply stunning. He enjoys his work, which is evident in the final product -- and his enthusiasm makes the process even more enjoyable for the bride and groom. He listened to what we wanted but incorporated his own creative flair into the shoots... Read More (engagement and wedding). I cannot recommend him more highly!

Fun, professional, amazing!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We first met with Sean and Candice based on their amazing photos featured on their website and blog, and after meeting with them we knew that we had to have them photograph our wedding. It was the best wedding decision we made! Sean and his crew are a creative force to be... Read More reckoned with. If you’re looking for a vanilla wedding photographer who will document your event with plain, boring pictures, look elsewhere. Sean, Candice and Kiel captured the energy, essence and emotion from every minute (literally, from early morning until the very end) of our big day. Sean can capitalize on any opportunity – an interesting venue, unique vantage points, guests laughing with each other, pretty much anything - to create images that are not only memorable but beautiful and stunning. Affinity represents the perfect mixture of everything we wanted in photography and in photographers; a sense of fun, creativity and whimsy juxtaposed with an eye for style, class, detail and composition. Sean and Candice really make it a point to get to know you as a couple, and they will take your own ideas and run with them when it comes to ideas for creative photography. They are as easy-going as can be, but they have the drive to get things done and stay focused (no pun intended) on the timeline throughout the hectic pace of the day. Can’t recommend Affinity enough!

Top notch wedding photographer!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Lisa L

My husband and I are so happy we decided to go with Affinity Photography. Sean was amazing at what he does! I am not the bride that knows what poses looks good and usually feel awkward when I'm the center of attention but he was wonderful at directing me on how to pose and he... Read More made me feel really comfortable and all of our pictures turned out amazing. He was able to catch candid memorable moments throughout our special day. It was so awesome to see all my family and friends enjoying themselves as they celebrated with us! Without Sean and his talented team we would not have our special day captured in beautiful photographs that we will cherish forever. Lisa and Jordan

Affinity goes the extra mile

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

My wife was particularly intent on finding just the right photographer for our wedding. The market in the Seattle area is pretty loaded with talented people, which at one point, was becoming overwhelming to both of us. Sean was the first photographer we spoke with and became... Read More the baseline for us in terms of service, communication and quallity. This wasn't just us, by chance a couple with whome we are very close, selected them for their wedding in the same year, and largely for the same reasons. They make a commitment to your event for the whole day. They don't put you on a six hour time budget, only to increase their rate if you need more time, like a lot of photographers tend to do. Beyond that, the photos were great, and they made certain that we were happy with everything, and we got the shots we wanted. Their commitment to their clients and their professionalism is second to none.

Made our wedding day better!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Gabrielle

After so much deliberation and debate over which photographer to hire, my wife and I could not be happier with the work of Sean and Candice / Affinity Photography. I don't know how to better express our satisfaction other than to say they *added* to the awesomeness of our... Read More wedding day. They were just so great to be around... positive, supportive, helpful, relaxing, funny. The whole day was better with them than without. I never expected to say that about anyone involved with the wedding that we didn't know heading into the event. And I haven't even really addressed the photos, which are really amazing! Throughout the entire process - meeting, interviewing, planning, practicing, getting ready, shooting, partying, reviewing, approving, printing - they were available, easy to understand, great listeners, intent on making us feel special and happy, clear on expectations and deliverables, always on time, always delivered what they said, and went above and beyond in more ways than I can count (and often with the little stuff which otherwise would have been distracting and annoying). I strongly, strongly recommend them!

Over the top awesome!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Sean, Candace, and Lydia did an incredible job with our two engagement shoots and wedding! They really took the extra effort to get to know us throughout the process. It was apparent that it was important to Sean that he get photos that capture who we are. He was willing to... Read More spend an entire day with us driving up to the mountains to get the pictures in the snow on the perfect day. I will go out of my way to recommend Sean and his team to any of my friends who get married in the future!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015

Working with Sean and Affinity was one of the highlights of our wedding. From the start we knew that a photographer and the resulting images were top priority in our budget and wedding plan. As designers both of us are extremely picky with aesthetics and the visual aspect of our... Read More wedding. We wanted a photographer who was as picky and demanding with the visual nature of the photos, but was easy to work with, professional, and excited to try new things. That was Sean and his team. We interviewed a few different photographers via FaceTime sincere weren't Seattle residents. Sean made himself available and was easy to talk to. He was excited about our ideas and happy to contribute his own to make the results as succesful as possible. Affinity shared multiple albums and proofs of different types that we requested to help us make our decision. They were patient and understanding in our decision making progress as we compared other photographers. At first glance, Affinity's pricing seamed high, but as we spoke to other vendors and got some details on the actual deliverables from Affinty, the value was evident. Not to mention the exhaustive preparation Sean did prior to the wedding day, and the exceptional quality of the photography itself. As part of their package, Affinity offered an engagement portrait session, which I was not terribly excited about, but very glad we took the time out to meet Sean and do the shoot. We shared some ideas on backdrop and Sean physically scouted a few locations and sent a comprehensive email with the scouting details, down to time of the sunset and how it would affect the shoot. It was a great experience and the results were an amazing guest book for our wedding day. The same diligence was applied when it came to our wedding. We brainstormed some ideas and Sean scouted a bunch of great shot locations. He was willing to combine his ideas with our desired schedule, we didn't want to spend hours standing around taking pictures. His second shooter Lydia was great as well, lending a second set of eyes and an additional lens that you didn't even know was there. They orchestrated a fantastic first look, managed our rather large wedding party, and made us laugh and feel comfortable the entire time. We can't say enough about the Affinty team and our experience with them. The pictures speak for themselves. Sean applies a practiced and deliberate eye to all his work and it shows. From staged to candids, black & white to color, action to stills, he not only captures all the emotion and energy of the shot, but does so in an incredibly skilled artistic manner. We are so glad we found Affinity and got to work with them for our big day. Professional, organized, communicative, fun, and highly skilled, Affinity is a top notch operation.

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 A A

Sean was super easy to work with, and the fact that his team will be with you for the ENTIRE day is absolutely priceless. He has some unique ideas that made for some amazing (and special) photo's - we couldn't be happier! :)

The Best Quality & Service

Reviewed on 12/16/2014 Sallye S

Affinity/Sean was a pleasure to work with. We love our wedding book. It's worth spending the money to have quality that will last.

Too long to get our weding photos

Reviewed on 11/01/2014

The quality of the photos was great and they were great at the wedding taking the photos. What was unacceptable was the overall service. It took us 9 months for us the get our photos from our wedding (wedding book) and our engagement book.

A Magician with the Camera

Reviewed on 11/01/2014

Aileen and I were really happy to work with Sean. For our engagement pictures, we did a session for each season. It was challenging as it was all dependent on the weather, but thankfully Sean was flexible and accommodating. It's very impressive how Sean can capture the... Read More moment in a way that is even more beautiful than what you see live. Sean is magical with the camera, as if he's able to create fire out of thin air. We haven't see our wedding pictures yet, but Sean has given us a some previews that has us excited. We look forward to having Sean capture our other life's moment.

A 5-Star Photographer All-Around!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Lois F

We hired Affinity Photography for my daughter's wedding on 8/9/14, and highly recommend them. Unlike many photographers who only work for 7 hours on a wedding day, adding per hour charges if you want him to stay longer, Sean is there from start to finish (if you wish) covering... Read More everything from the bride getting ready until the last guest goes home. He brought THREE assistants with him and, other than when we did the 'posed' shots (which he had organized ahead of time on paper so they were over in a breeze), I honestly was not even aware of any photos being taken...THAT is how unobtrusive they were! Having more than one photographer provided us multiple perspectives/views for the photos and allowed different photographers in two places at the same time...all done very unobtrusively! I had always been one to list "pictures" lower on my list than wedding priorities than other things but that has all changed. After all the planning, once the day is over all you have are your memories and the photographs. When we got our photos, I was literally brought to tears as it brought back every emotion and feeling I had on that day. Sean's photos are that amazingly beautiful. I think he took over 1300 photos that day and there is literally not a bad one in the bunch. His package price includes engagement session(s), all day wedding coverage, an album for the bride and groom, and free downloads of every wedding photo taken (even for your friends and family!) For a very nominal cost, he is glad to print out photos and send to you as well. The photos did take 2 months to arrive after the wedding, and we were very anxious for them, but it was peak wedding season and I have heard that this is a typical wait time. They were well worth the wait though, I promise... they were absolute perfection.

Affinity is great!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Amy D

Sean and Candice at Affinity are wonderful! We knew we wanted to meet them as soon as we saw Sean's portfolio. About 10 minutes into the meeting we knew we wanted to hire him. His eye and passion for photography are top notch. We love our photos! His approach won me... Read More over. He's not the kind of photographer who shows up on the day and tries to make it work. He scouted our location well in advance and came with ideas. He was also terrific at seeing something in the moment and suggesting we try it. He had great ideas but was never pushy when someone was uncomfortable being photographed. Since we don't get dressed up like that... well, ever, one of my biggest fears was that the photos from the wedding would feel like photos of strangers. Sean really captured who we were, just in fancier clothes and looking beautiful. We are thrilled with the work he did and highly recommend him and Candice!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

On a scale of 1 to 10, Affinity Photography is a 20!! Everything about our experience was positive in every possible way; they are absolutely professional & reliable! Sean is incredibly talented! His creativity & expertise is truly amazing. Candice keeps everything moving... Read More along beautifully so time isn't wasted, while Sean captures the most glorious photographs. As we told our daughter when she began her search for a photographer, "Following The Wedding, your lasting memories will be centered around The Photographs! HIRE THE BEST!!" .... and she did! Many thanks to Sean & Candice and their talented team!!

Best Wedding Photographer in Seattle!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Lili E

Hiring Affinity Photography was, hands down, the BEST decision I made for my wedding. Sean and Candice are wonderful to work with - extremely thoughtful, patient, professional, creative, and talented people. Sean's dedication and passion for his work was the selling point for me... Read More - I knew I wouldn't be getting another typical wedding photographer, but a true artist who would capture my wedding in a one-of-a-kind way. He is such an easy going and fun guy to spend time with - we thoroughly enjoyed all our planning sessions because he was always coming up with new ideas for what we could do with the photography and above all, wanted to make it a fun experience for everyone involved! From engagement photos to the wedding day itself, I was amazed by the level of thought and planning that went into every shot, and the way he was able to capture and deliver what felt like a full representation of "our experience," rather than just a series of photos. We were so impressed with the way Sean and his team worked with us on the wedding day itself. They had multiple photographers available to capture all the important moments, spent unlimited time with us during the day and did not leave until the last guest left the dance floor. The way they worked during the ceremony and reception was also impressive: they were so respectful of the ceremony and the experience of our guests and were expert at blending into the crowd while still getting all the shots they needed. Affinity is worth every penny, and the cherry on top is that they also happen to be wonderful people! You will LOVE working with them, and the photos they provide you will blow your mind, I promise!

Affinity is #1

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Worth every penny. Sean & Candice were the most pleasant and helpful people I've ever worked with. The quality of the photos were out of this world. Don't waste your time with anyone else!

Affinity photography

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Great experience with affinity photography! They did an incredible job of recognizing what was important to us and capturing all the special moments. Sean's artistic eye is unparalleled to anyone we've ever worked with.

Affinity is fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Karen D

We met with several photographers, and from the first meeting we knew that Sean was the right photographer for us. He was organized, prepared and really connected with us personally. His desire and ability to "tell a story" is incredible, not to mention the great value for the... Read More service he provides compared with other photographers. We were the only wedding that Sean shot on that day so he was available well before the ceremony for photos, throughout the event, then came back for our post-wedding casual event (that wasn't even part of the original agreement). Sean also did all the planning for our engagement photos on location in Seattle, and created a fabulous photo guest book from this shoot. Sean taps into what you want in a photographer, not the other way around like many photographers who need to "run the show". We have since sought out Sean for business photo needs and will continue a personal relationship with him. I highly recommend that you meet with Sean at Affinity before choosing your photographer!

Your search stops here - hire these guys!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Sean and his team are flat out amazing. Sean is an amazing photographer that is able to capture the event with a photo-journalistic style that captures the event from start to finish, but he introduces his own style that makes his photography unique and original. The photos... Read More from our wedding are terrific. Sean did an amazing job capturing the essence of the event, and did so with a style that reflected us. When we received our wedding album, I was completely blown away. The way that he put the album together tells the story of our day, captured everything that was important to us, and illustrated just how much Sean listened to us - and our story. It is obvious to me that Sean loves what he does for a living. He has a great team backing him up, and they were all excited to be a part of the biggest day of our lives. If I could do it all over again, I'd hire them again in a heartbeat, and would happily refer my friends and family to Affinity without question. Thanks Affinity!!!

Sean Hoyt

West Coast native, I love Seattle and am a UW graduate. You'll find me biking and hiking, drinking a ton of awesome coffee, hanging with my wife Candice and shooting weddings and family portraits.