Boutique Wedding Photography & Cinema

AJH Photography is high end wedding photography boutique that serves all of Texas. AJH Photography specializes in candid imagery with a focus on stylized portraiture, and creative lighting. The Reel Movie Co. is a wedding cinema company that provides central Texas with the best video around.

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Austin, TX (281) 794-9405

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Lauren E

About 4 years ago I got to see Leon Bridges in a venue with about 12 people. This was before he was selling out arenas, showing up on Grammy red carpets, and getting covers on Rolling Stone magazine. This is how I feel about Arol. He is so above and beyond talented, and should... Read More (and probably will soon) be doing the weddings of celebrities and royalty. If you know anything about photography, you don't need to read this review, because a few seconds on his website and you'll see that he's in a different league than the rest, and you've probably already booked him. Even without knowing much about photography, you'll still be able to feel his photos with your heart, and not just see them with your eyes. This is because he puts his heart into his craft. Something that websites also can't describe is personality. From the moment I met Arol I felt great. He has this happiness and passion that is truly contagious, and had he not been at my wedding taking photos, I would have wanted him there as a guest. He has so much fun taking the photos, and we all see and feel that, and it makes all of the photos that much better - because we were all happy to take them because he was behind the camera. Do yourself a favor and book him before he's too famous and too expensive for any of us to afford. He is without a doubt the best in the business, and by hiring him you will see this like we did.

2017-06-03T13:47:53 Response from the vendor

This is the most flattering review I have aver received. You guys were so wonderful to work with, and I am thrilled with the images. Many congrats to you guys, and have an awesome time on your honeymoon!

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Jackie P

I would hire Arol Horkavy again & again based on the fact that his photos are absolutely incredible & stunning. I can be quite picky with photos & how I look in photos, but Arol 100% satisfied everything I hoped for in our wedding photos!!! Our wedding portraits are AMAZING &... Read More he somehow was able to capture all of the special moments from our entire day. Arol made the whole experience really fun & his candid shots are unreal! We have so many awesome photos of our friends & family laughing with the best facial expressions, dancing & enjoying themselves & he captured such sweet moments between my husband & I without ever making us feel like we had a camera in our face. He made my husband Jol & I feel so comfortable around him & that says a lot because my husband isn’t always eager to have lots of photos taken of himself. When I look through our wedding photos it’s like reliving the day because you can feel the emotion & special experience come through the photos. I placed A LOT of importance & effort into making sure we chose the right wedding photographer & we definitely made the right decision with Arol. We had the very difficult task of planning a Texas wedding while currently living overseas in Australia. Arol went above & beyond helping out with anything I needed. He was always quick to respond to emails (even with the crazy time difference of Texas vs. Australia) & he really put in a lot of effort to get to know Jol & I as a couple & understand what we were looking for with our wedding photos. And he was happy to help recommend other wedding vendors, general wedding tips, & he even helped me find a place to buy sparklers for our grand exit after I realized the day before our wedding that I somehow had forgotten to buy the sparklers! Wedding planning can be SO stressful, but with Arol you can relax & know that you will be very happy with your wedding photos & your experience with your wedding photographer. He's awesome!!! Jackie Platt

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Rebecca J

I hired AJH Photography for my little wedding at Chapel Dulcinea. I love photography, and even though I was having a small intimate wedding I wanted to have beautiful photos to remember the day by. I found AJH Photograph's website and fell in love with his style of photography.... Read More My husband hates having his picture taken, and only allowed it cause he knew how much it meant to me. I warned the photographer of this, and he said no problem. I cannot say enough about how well he conducted the photography of our ceremony. He was super quick, and wonderful at making my husband feel comfortable. As for the photos, I could not be happier! He is so good at what he does! Our session was pretty short and he knew exactly what vision he had for us and set right out to it! The pictures came out beautifully! Even my husband was very impressed! We wish we lived closer so I could have him do all of our family photos as well. Hire this photographer, I guarantee you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Elinor P

The photographs speak for themselves; our pictures are amazing and captured the most precious moments of our wedding day. He was delightful to work with and we couldn't be happier!

2017-07-04T10:19:34 Response from the vendor

I loved being a part of your wedding day, Elinor! You guys were a blast to shoot, and your wedding was gorgeous! Many congrats to you and Rob!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Alexa P

Hiring Arol was the best decision we made for our wedding. Arol was attentive and kind, and the photos turned out awesome. We couldn't be happier. I was a little nervous when it came to our portraits, but Arol's posing and lighting skills are seriously impressive. The only... Read More hard part of the whole process was selecting our favorite photos. He delivered about 2000 of them!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Natalie M

We were sold on Arol the second we saw his work on his website. He is truly talented and when you see his photos they are different and stand out so much from the rest of the photographers out there. My family was so impressed by how he was right there for every moment and to... Read More capture every guest. He was able to lead and direct everyone to get the best photos...even those of us who are not so naturally photogenic. We received about 1,000 photos in color and the same set all in black and white as well. They are absolutely stunning and we couldn't have picked a better photographer for our special day. He captured what we thought could only be captured in our hearts and will cherish the photos for a lifetime. Arol, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for documenting the most important moment in our lives and hope to work together again in the future!!!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Alondra J

We enthusiastically recommend AJH Photography to any couple looking for a fabulous photographer and high-quality prints. AJH Photography came highly recommended by the first photographer we booked who wasn’t going to be able to shoot our wedding due to unforeseen events out of... Read More their control. With it being short notice, we appreciated Arol’s professionalism and his jumping right in. AJH Photography made the wedding photography process feel enjoyable and effortless. We loved Arol’s ability to bring out a classic, almost Old Hollywood cinematic elegance in our photos. Arol not only provided us with the prints but he also sent them in a beautiful wooden box along with a matching wooden USB. It was a nice touch. We definitely recommend AJH Photography for your wedding and hope you enjoy reliving your wedding over and over through your wedding images as much as we do!

2017-05-08T08:48:56 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for this amazing review, Alondra! You made my night. You guys were so nice to work with, and I love how your photos came out. Many congrats to you guys!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Claire h

Arol was the best! We hired AJH about a year out from our wedding. From start to finish Arol was on point. His photos not only speak for themselves, but he was as professional as can be. I highly recommend him if you are in the hunt for a great wedding photographer!

2017-05-07T10:20:53 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the lovely review, Claire! I really enjoyed shooting your wedding, and I wish you and Brian the best!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Christine S

Arol shot our wedding last month and we couldn't be happier. He was professional, courteous, and responded very quickly to emails (which is a big one for me). Brian and I knew the photos were going to turn out great based on his portfolio, so we had no worries there. All of... Read More the communication was key to helping me calm down and plan our big day. He did a great job with me, as Brian said I was a bridezilla! He sent us our gallery a couple days back, and they photos came out fantastic! We are thrilled with them, and would recommend him to anyone getting married.

2017-05-05T06:31:07 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words, Christine! I really enjoyed working with you guys and am very happy that you love the photos. Many congrats!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 T P

Arol is the best! I really mean it: THE BEST from start to finish. He was prepared, told us what to do to take amazing photos, was fun/cool and calm and delivered the images in amazing format too. We leave this delivery box out on purpose for people to ask about it. DO NOT... Read More HESITATE OR LOOK FURTHER AND JUST HIRE (if he's available).

2017-04-26T16:50:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words, Tuan & Kristin! I really enjoyed being a part of your wedding day. Many congrats!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 T P

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Linda N

We found AJH Photography through our venue’s suggestion of photographers. When we saw his work, we immediately knew he would be the one who would capture our special day. We looked at other photographers, doing our due diligence, only to come back to Arol over and over again.... Read More The way he uses lighting was amazing and we wanted our photos to look just as elegant. He was able to capture the essence of our union in a very professional and artistic manner. Every picture told a story designed to allow us to revisit these precious moments. We couldn’t have found a better photographer to document this most special of days.

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Jordan A

We found Arol on the preferred vendor list that our venue Vista West gave us. We did a lot of research of photographers in Austin and every time we always came back wanting to pick Arol. He is the most knowledgeable that we spoke to not only about his own profession but... Read More questions we had about wedding planning in general! His pricing is very reasonable especially for the top-notch quality of pictures you get but also because you are also getting a photographer that you can contact any time with any question and he is more than happy to answer it. I found that working with Arol was easy, fun, and stress free. He took the guess work out of everything and also communicated with us when changes needed to be made, etc. The day of the wedding could not have gone better, we owe a lot of that to Arol, he stuck to the schedule and made everything run extremely fast and efficient. He is so kind and makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera. We just got back out photos and we are obsessed with every single picture. There isn't one that we didn't love. If you don't hire Arol to photograph your wedding, you are SERIOUSLY missing out. Thanks so much Arol!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Melissa L

We found AJH Photography through a couple of friends that recommended Arol for wedding photography. Arol was stealthy, like a photographic ninja, for our wedding. Extremely professional yet somehow manages to mingle in so well with guest that he becomes one of them. His keen eye... Read More for lighting was able to capture the stunning chandeliers and overall beauty of the venue, Brodie Homestead. He was also able to capture the energy, fun, and laughter our special day and brought it to life through his photos. He provided us with a several beautifully crafted and artistically awesome photos to enjoy. Arol was very professional and easy to work with, I would definitely recommend him.

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Hailey E

Arol is the best of the best! He makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera, works quickly, and gets angles/uses lighting that make you look awesome! We are so excited to get our wedding photos in a few weeks, and we already know that we are going to have the hardest time... Read More picking our favorites! It is one of the nicest feelings to have on your wedding day to feel relaxed and at ease about the photography. At the end of such a special day, the photos and memories are all that is left to look back on! A great photographer(and videographer) is imperative for an easy going wedding day, and Arol is the guy for the job! :)

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Meghan F

Arol was absolutely amazing! Even before the wedding, with my scatterbrained forgetfulness and my million-and-one questions, he was always helpful and friendly! The day of our wedding, he was the epitome and helpfulness and patience as we attempted to wrangle all of the wedding... Read More party, family members, and other guests for photos. I could not have asked for a better photographer, and we were honored to have him document our big day!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Marissa F

My wife and I spent so much time trying to find the perfect photographer for our wedding until we came across Arol's website. After viewing his portfolio, we knew that he was exactly what we were looking for. Living out of town Arol, made the booking process easy and was always... Read More quick to respond to email. The day of our wedding, Arol made sure to not only give his recommendations for the best shots but also ensured we voiced our desires on anything specific we wanted captured. Our pictures came out absolutely amazing. We are so thankful we allowed Arol to capture our special day and would highly recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Matt K

My fiance and I chose Arol for our engagement photos and we were thrilled by the results. Arol has a great unique style, gives excellent directions, and has the energy to produce a ton of great photos in a 90 minute session. We loved so many of the photos that we're using them... Read More everywhere (save-the-dates, home portraits, etc.), and we can't recommend him as much as he deserves. You won't be disappointed if you choose him for your wedding or other event.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Lauren E

Can't say enough good things about Arol's photos! He photographed our elopement and though it was a quick session, he was able to get an incredible amount of high quality photos that were better than I could have imagined. His use of lighting is what drew me to hire him in the... Read More first place and even with the sun setting fast on us he did not disappoint! He was professional and friendly and made us feel completely at ease. SO happy we found him!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Chad P

Arol is an amazing photographer! He shot both our engagement and wedding photos. I initially contacted him to do our engagement photos and scheduling was super easy. He made the session such an enjoyable experience! He also had some great suggestions for locations, poses,... Read More and all of the smaller details which made the photos come out perfect! After seeing how good they came out, we had to have him for our wedding as well. Arol was very familiar with our venue (VWR), which was nice because he knew all of the cool spots with great lighting and whatnot. All in all, I couldn't be happier with Arol. I know I'll have these pictures for a lifetime, and I have him to thank for making them so beautiful.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Lacy L

Arol is a phenomenal photographer! My husband and I had a wonderful portrait session with him. He is super easy to work with, and helped two people who normally feel awkward in front of a camera feel very natural. His posing advice was easy to follow, and the images he produced... Read More really speak for themselves. I would definitely book another session with AJH Photography!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Lacy L

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

I almost can't find the words to say how pleased we are with Arol and the photos that he captured on our wedding day! On top of having a great personality and easy to be around, he has amazing talent that shows in every picture he took. We had a small wedding, but most... Read More important to me, I wanted some really awesome pictures to remember the day by and I am so happy we chose him as our photographer! He was very easy to work with from start to finish and the pictures were ready exactly when he said they would be. I love the style of his photography and the photos he provided will be cherished for many years to come!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Dara T

Arol took beautiful pictures of our wedding. He made sure to grab us at appropriate times to get fantastic shots but also knew when to stay behind the scenes. He was also very professional, answering emails quickly. We’re very happy with the end result.

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Erin B

Having Arol as our photographer was one of the best vendor choice we made! We absolutely love our photos and he made the process so easy and relaxed from beginning to end. My husband and I have been in lots of weddings and experienced bossy, barking photographers with bad... Read More communication skills, but Arol is none of these! He was wonderful to work with and we are so happy with the end result as well!

Arol Horkavy

I am a career wedding photographer located in Austin, TX. I have a lovely wife named Kim, two boys (Miles & Porter) and a Boston terrier named Olive :)