Alex W Photography

Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Francisco & Destination

Alex W Photography

Film + digital fine art photographer devoted to capturing your story while in the pursuit of beautiful light and a keen eye for detail. Based out of Los Angeles and available internationally.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

$5,000+

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100

Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Francisco & Destination (310) 701-8979

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Melissa O

Alex is THE BEST!! Seriously. We hired Alex a few months ago for our wedding and after our first meeting I was sold. Alex is not only an amazing photographer, but also a genuinely wonderful and beyond interesting guy! Having carefully reviewed (aka stalked) his previous photo... Read More shoots, I couldn't wait for our engagement photos! Alex was really helpful in choosing the location and deciding on outfits. He also sent us a guide for the day, which included advice and pointers on what to expect and made our job really easy! On our way to our destination, Alex told us our original spot was closed due to weather, but he was well-prepared with a backup plan. When we arrived at the new location, Alex and Lindsey had already scouted the new location and were ready to shoot...in 30+ MPH winds! I have to admit, when I saw/felt the weather, I was skeptical that I would a) survive the freezing cold in my dresses b) that the photos would be what we imagined given the cold, winds and a different location. I'm happy to report that I survived the cold and, most importantly, our photos turned out amazing!! Alex and Lindsey were so helpful in making the process run smoothly, which was important given the weather (I can't tell you how cold it was!!). Alex never once complained or seemed intimidated by the cold or insane winds. He constantly made us feel comfortable and made sure we were having fun!! The day was full of both amazing pictures and fun adventures with Alex and Lindsay! We were also celebrating my fiancé's birthday and Alex went above and beyond to document a surprise cake and champagne I brought to celebrate. Our photos are magazine/gallery-worthy! Alex turned the coldest, windiest (most otherwise miserable weather) day into a fun day that we will remember forever! I've gotten so many compliments on our pictures and am SO happy with the finished product! We can't wait for Alex and Lindsey to shoot our wedding!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Megan A

We were so lucky that a friend of ours recommended Alex! We looked over his website and booked him almost a year in advance because we loved his work. From the first call to the finish photos he is truly the best professional I have ever worked with. His passion and eye for... Read More photography is like nothing I have ever experienced before. He met with us the day before the wedding and already had so many wonderful ideas of photos and areas he wanted to shoot. Being the first time I ever met him he was so easy and friendly to have around. Alex and his assistant Lindsay were so organized and the kept everything on schedule. We wanted to keep things tradition and not do a first look photo, this was difficult since my room was very close to where my husband was staying. Alex and Lindsay made sure that we both never saw each other and kept other guests from seeing me before as well. They really felt more like friends and everyone loved having them around. He captured all of our memories in the most fantastic photos. I gave him very little direction on what I wanted and he made our wedding photos a dream come true. I felt so comfortable with him and trusted his artistic approach. We got married at Mission Ranch in Carmel and he knew the area very well. He suggested that after the ceremony we take a quick drive to the Mission. Those photos ended up being my very favorite and I love looking at them over and over again. He made sure to capture every moment of our wedding from the rehearsal to the last song. The next day after the wedding he already sent us a sneak peek. We felt so lucky to have such an amazing photographer from our wedding. I would recommended him to everyone I know!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Michelle C

Alex is a wonderful, professional, talented wedding photographer and is also just a genuinely good person. He really cares about developing a relationship with each of his clients and does not see shooting weddings as just a way to pay the bills. He truly loves his job and it... Read More shows. I felt like choosing a photographer was one of the most important decisions I had to make while planning the wedding, and we ultimately went with Alex because we connected immediately and I loved his photos. Alex will go the extra distance to make sure your wedding day is perfect. For example, Alex took the initiative to scout out our venue and the surrounding neighborhood for good locations to ensure that everything went smoothly on the day of. Driving all the way out to Joshua Tree for our engagement shoot was no problem. Staying an extra hour during the wedding day to make sure we got all of the photos we wanted was something he was happy to do. These are only a few of the big and small gestures that represent the kind of photographer Alex is. I admit that I can be the type of person who is a perfectionist and cares about every little detail and was worried on our wedding day about making sure all of the wedding details were captured. However, I felt completely reassured when Alex told me that "anything you paid for deserves a photograph" and that he was at our disposal for any additional photo ops we wanted with family and friends. He knows his way around a wedding and understands how important capturing the day in its entirety is. And by the way, did I mention that I could not be happier with our wedding photos! We did not get a videographer and I do not regret it for a second because Alex did a phenomenal job. The photos were a mix of classic, fun, dramatic, artsy shots...exactly what I wanted. I would recommend Alex to anyone; he will take note of what is important to you and run with it to guarantee you amazing photos. Thank you Alex!

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Chelsy D

When it came to planning I knew that the photos were a priority. Other gifts and items from that day may be lost, get broken, replaced etc. but photos last forever. They are the memories you get to keep from your special day and look back on during the lifetime you share with... Read More your partner. We wanted to invest in a top-rated photographer who will produce the best quality of work and that was Alex. Working with Alex was a dream! Alex was professional and efficient. He knew exactly which poses would result in amazing photographs and used the natural beauty of our venue to enhance our photos. His assistant, who was with the boys, made my now husband feel comfortable and he enjoyed working with her as well.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Chloe F

We hired Alex to do our wedding and engagement photography, and we are SO happy we did! He is so passionate about what he does, and it really shows. He is personable, friendly, and makes you feel as though you are the most important client in the world (even though he has tons... Read More of others!) He is very responsive to emails and texts, and is a good communicator throughout the whole process. We put total faith in Alex starting with our engagement shoot. When he suggested driving a handful of hours to sand dunes in the middle of nowhere, we were on board. We shot through high temperature, crazy wind, and sand in our eyes, but it was so worth it because the pictures are EPIC. After that, we couldn't wait for Alex to capture our wedding. Our wedding was just a few weeks ago, and Alex made us, our family, and friends comfortable in front of the camera. Plus, he is really good at managing his time, so we were able to get through our desired family shotlist pretty quickly (but with care!) so people could head to cocktail hour. Alex spent some extra time with my husband and me to make sure we got awesome photos of us in different locations around the venue. I'm so glad we did that because the photos look beautiful, and it's nice to have a variety. All of the photos - from the bridesmaids and groomsmen getting ready, to our first look, to the ceremony, to family photos, reception, details, and candid moments - really captured the spirit, beauty, and fun energy of the day, and I'm so excited to have these forever. Thank you, Alex!

2017-11-08T14:13:59 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you, Chloe! I can't wait to capture more momentous occasions of you and Evan .

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Leann L

Alex took our engagement photos in the DESERT and he is AMAZING! Everything went super well and all of our family and friends were wowed by the photos! We really enjoyed the entire session and had a great time that day. Thank you Alex for the excellent work and wonderful... Read More memory! We highly recommend this professional, talented, passionate photographer and artist to everyone!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Jack P

Alex is a photographer that you can count on. He is prompt and professional with his communication, is reliable, arrives early to the appointments he sets and produces amazing photographs. My fiancé and I couldn't be happier with the moments he captured for our engagement shoot.... Read More But my favorite piece of feedback to share is that we didn't have to wait weeks 'n' weeks to receive our photos. He shared the first few teaser shots fully edited within 72 hours and the rest of our photos were delivered to us 6 days after our shoot. We have so many photos to choose from that are seriously perfect. I highly recommend Alex for all your wedding photography needs.

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Catie C

Alex is simply phenomenal! His work is beautiful - perfect lighting, perfect lines, perfect framing. Not only are Alex and Lindsey (and of course, Dennis!) incredibly talented, but their professionalism and organizational skills make the entire process effortless. My husband and... Read More I live in New York, yet thanks to Alex, we were able to coordinate every detail from across the country. Everyone in my bridal party and family raved about Alex and his team after the wedding. The photos from the day were better than I could have imagined, and everyone agreed that they perfectly captured the day. Most importantly, Alex and Lindsey are genuine and kind, who I have no doubt will go far in their careers.

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Stephanie G

Alex is amazing -- I have to say that I'm so uncomfortable in front of a camera since I'm normally the one behind it myself...but he made the process so easy. He's so calming, and he throws out these hilarious quips that really brings out his personality too. Seriously, this is... Read More the type of person that I'd want to have around for all life events after our wedding. My fiancé and I did our engagement photos through him, and we can't wait for him to capture our actually wedding day in a couple of months. I highly recommend Alex!

2017-02-28T12:25:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you Stephanie! So excited for your wedding!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Janssen C

Hiring Alex for our engagement photos is the best decision my fiancé Marc and I made during this whole wedding planning process…that is apart from deciding to marry each other. Alex’s fun and calm demeanor paired with his sense of adventure and passion for creating art helped... Read More make our engagement photo dreams come true. Alex is meticulous in his craft, carefully honing every pose and editing every photo until he’s absolutely positive it’s up to his standards. During our engagement session, we spent a fun afternoon exploring the gorgeous Angeles National Forest, bonding over our mutual love for the Bay Area, shared tips on great places to eat, and climbing mountains to get “the perfect shot.” A little over 2 weeks later and we had the most amazing and beautiful photos sent directly to our email. We are floored by how magical our photos have come out, Alex’s usage of both digital and film was exactly what we were looking for in our photographer. I can’t help but want to share our photos with everyone and it’s because of Alex that we have these photos and memories that we’ll treasure for a lifetime. Looking forward to working with him again in September for our wedding day!

2017-01-19T18:44:26 Response from the vendor

I had the BEST time working with you and Marc, Janssen! Thank you so much for braving the cold and hiking a mountain for me. You both are so much fun to work with and I can't wait until September! :)

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Margaret C

WOW! ALEX IS AMAZING! Alex shot our engagement photos at El Matador Beach in Malibu and made my dream vision come to life! He made my fiancé and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera. We had such a great time shooting with Alex, we didn't want the experience to end. Each... Read More photo we received from the shoot is gorgeous. His use of light is incredible and his ability to capture genuine moments is excellent. We could not be more pleased and are truly grateful to have found Alex. We highly recommend booking him as your photographer.

2016-12-30T13:11:00 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words, Maggie! It was truly a pleasure working with you.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Jennifer S

My fiancé Ryan and I were so fortunate to have the opportunity to work with Alex for our engagement session! This was Ryan's first photoshoot ever. Thankfully Alex jumped right in to give Ryan and I some pointers and helped Ryan feel more comfortable. Alex and his assistant... Read More Lindsay did a phenomenal job keeping the session running smoothly and on time (being that we shot up to sunset, he made sure to time it out perfectly), as well as keeping it relaxed and fun! I also think it's great that he shoots both film and digital. Most photographers don't, which makes Alex very unique. Ryan and I couldn't be happier with the photos! They are beautiful!! In my opinion the difference between a good photographer and a great photographer is whether or not they're able to capture those special candid moments. When looking back through the photos you can see and feel the emotion that was felt at that very moment... Thanks to Alex we'll be able to relive those moments forever!

2016-12-30T13:12:01 Response from the vendor

I had such a great time working with you and Ryan, Jen! Your photos turned out even better than I imagined!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Seth B

Alex is incredible. Hands down, best vendor for our wedding. When my fiancé and I started researching photographers, we knew we wanted a fine art photographer with a timeless and classic look. We knew Alex was the one we needed to book as soon as we saw his portfolio. But what... Read More makes him my favorite vendor isn't just his amazing photos and an incredible eye for capturing beautiful moments, but it's his personality and genuine commitment to his couples. Neither me nor my fiancé had ever had our picture taken professionally and we were both very nervous. But Alex made us feel comfortable and confident in our own skin and it shows in our pictures. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. From our casual downtown LA engagement session to our black tie wedding, Alex captured everything beautifully. Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Samantha S

Alex is seriously the best. I'm so glad that we ended up choosing him to work with on our most special day. Alex and his team had the energy that I wanted and needed on my wedding day. He is calm cool and collected while not only directing the shots but more importantly the... Read More whole flow of the day. He gave direction with such ease and made me feel so comfortable and beautiful all day long. I highly recommend him to all couples looking for someone who will really take care of them on their wedding day. ....Our friends are still mentioning even months later how gorgeous our photos are and that is all thanks to Alex!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Tammy P

My husband and I spent a long time searching for our wedding photographer...we were so incredibly fortunate to have found Alex. Alex's talent is indescribable. His pictures are so polished, refined and effortlessly beautiful. He took the time to get to know my husband and I and... Read More climbed (literal) heights to achieve the best pictures. We were so fortunate to have Alex take our engagement and wedding photos. So many of our family and friends have commented on his immense talent! Alex cares deeply about his brides and grooms and wholeheartedly does everything he can to capture the wonderful and beautiful moments in your special day. Be sure to book him before there is a waitlist! :)

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 rebecca B

Alex was so wonderful, so talented, sweet and one of the best decisions of our wedding! He went above and beyond for our engagement shoot, which was in a snowstorm and still turned out incredibly gorgeous. On our wedding day he made sure we felt so comfortable and that our whole... Read More bridal party was having a blast. Not to mention our pictures turned out more beautiful than we could have ever dreamed. I still look at them every day, we are in awe! We could not have imagined our whole journey without him!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Mandy T

Alex is a very professional photographer with an amazing eye. We hired him to take our engagement photos and my fiancé and I are absolutely blown away at how beautiful they came out. We couldn't be happier. He understood our vision and made it come to life. I love the diversity... Read More of his work, he is very adaptable and able to deliver a variety of different amazing options. He also has an amazing attitude and is a very pleasant person to work with. I would recommend him 100 %!

2016-09-02T01:18:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words Mandy! Such a pleasure working with you!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Michelle M

Alex was wonderful to work with from the start. He is very friendly and personable, which I think is really important to find when looking for a photographer. He made both the engagement shoot and the wedding day very comfortable and a breeze. He is very detailed orientated and... Read More gives direction really well. I couldn't ask for a better photographer. And of course he is super talented! The photos he captured are beyond words and everyone who has seen them are more than impressed. I couldn't be happier with my choice to use Alex as my photographer and I would recommend everyone to choose him as well. Thanks again Alex (and Lindsay)!

Reviewed on 4/10/2016

Alex is a phenomenal photographer. He's the kind of photographer you hire if you want the most stylish and creative photographs for an important event. My partner of 25 years years and I were married at the Terranea Resort a few weeks ago. Before the wedding I called Guest... Read More Relations at the hotel for a photographer recommendation. They gave me Alex's contact info, and he turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. Alex is a really nice and personable guy, and makes you feel comfortable right away. That is so important since I had so many things going through my head before the ceremony, and my nerves were on edge at the time. Alex swiftly guided us on terms of what we should wear and what props to use for some of the photos. He knew exactly which locations to bring us to for some great shots, and suggested poses all the way through. He made the entire process very easy and fun. The photos came back a week later, and they were SPECTACULAR! Great compositions for the staged photos, and was always quick and ready to capture those spontaneous shots. I received so MANY compliments from friends and family for the photos. Quite a few even mentioned the photos made them weep. Alex is really a tremendous artist and an absolute great choice for a photo shoot!

Reviewed on 3/09/2016 Stacy S

Alex did our engagement photos and we had a great time with him and his assistant, Lindsay. Alex was very easy to work with and communicate with throughout the entire process (very responsive via email, clear about timing and directions, had good suggestions for locations), and... Read More made us feel comfortable and at ease throughout the shoot. The pictures are gorgeous! Would absolutely recommend Alex for photos.

Reviewed on 2/29/2016 Jenny C

I will never forget my first meeting with Alex. My first impression of the photographer that he was very hungry and passionate about the industry. I had the privilege to be able to partner with Alex for our client's wedding in November 2015. Alex was punctual, professional... Read More and took the lead in taking the couples and producing the shots that he knew that the couple wanted. He was very consistent in reaching out to the clients and making sure to communicate my client's visions and expectations from their wedding photographer. His work speaks for itself. Just look at his photos, his work is incomparable. There are a lot of photographers that gravitate towards a generic style, but Alex truly created his own! For wedding and event planners, Alex is the ideal photographer because he never misses a single detail in the event design photos. For clients, he is perfect for couples because he makes sure to capture the timeless and candid photos that most photographers seem to miss. From the candids, to the most important time of your wedding, he really knows how to show the excitement and the happiness from that moment into your photos. We are proud to have partnered with Alex Warschauer Photography. Alex, thank you so much for always helping us throw a rock n' event!! Check out the work we were able to produce at rocknevents.com/the-vera…. Jenny Chang Rock N Events

Awesome Service...true artist!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

Alex did a fabulous job for my wife and I. It was a bit of a unique job because we had sort of a destination wedding in the Eastern Sierra's, but Alex did a great job accommodating us and capturing the moment perfectly.

Great to work with!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Parnell N

Finding the right photographer was probably the most difficult search that my fiancé and I had to do. We took it very seriously as we knew that these photos would last a lifetime and we did not want just someone to shoot them. We came across Alex's page on the knot and... Read More immediately got captivated by his photos. We made time to meet and from that first meeting, I knew he would be the right guy for the job. Upon meeting Alex, I quickly learned his passion for photography. He has the ability to capture the essence of reality and turn them into a beautiful artwork. I knew this just by looking at his albums that he presented my fiancé and I but I truly got to experience it first hand when we shot our engagement pictures. He was approachable in a way where you feel comfortable and very natural around him. He just takes you in and guides you to take the most amazing shots. We felt that trust in him where we didn't doubt his abilities to capture something great. When we got our engagement pictures (he got them to us within 24 hrs of the shoot, simply amazing!), we were blown away with the photos. We couldn't have asked for a set of more beautiful pictures. Alex has a natural ability to take pictures, his vision is definitely a work of art. He's great to work with, very fun and so down to earth. Alex is great with communicating, he has been very responsive and timely with all our questions emails. He's been very helpful with any type of wedding questions or concerns that we've have. He has the experience and the network to be able to help out in anyway that he can. . We can't wait for him to shoot our wedding day, we all ready know the pictures will turn out great! Would definitely recommend Alex as your photographer, I guarantee that you won't be disappointed! Thanks Alex and Lindsey, you guys are great! -CnP

2015-10-28T14:09:55 Response from the vendor

You were both fantastic to work with Parnell + Cheenky! I had so much fun with you both and can't wait to capture your wedding next year! :)

Warschauer's Photogophry

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Alex made my fiance and I feel extremely comfortable during our engagement shoot. His lax attitude and modern professionalism was spot on. His ability to work with us and improvise when needed could not have worked out better on our special picture day. We will definitely be... Read More using him in our wedding!!! CHEERS

2015-10-27T16:01:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words, Joseph! Can't wait to capture you and Alyssa tying the knot! :)

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 ellie f

Alex is a true artist! He is so professional and have an incredible eye for details! Every single picture is a masterpiece! We are so happy that Alex captured the most important day of our lives! He really managed to capture every moment and emotion! Would love to work with... Read More Alex again!! Thank you for making our day even more special and memorable!!

2015-11-02T14:11:31 Response from the vendor

Ellie, your wedding was beyond spectacular! I am so honored that after all of our years apart you still thought of me to document your wedding day. It was wonderful getting to see you marry Charles and start your lives as a married couple together.... Read Less Read More

Alex Warschauer

Film + digital fine art photographer devoted to capturing your story while in pursuit of beautiful light and a keen eye for detail. Currently based in Los Angeles and available for travel worldwide.