Alexandria Pastry Shop & Catering Company

Alexandria, VA

Outstanding Wedding Cakes For Over Two Decades!

In 1988 we opened our bakery to provide our customers with special occasion cakes, pastries and hand crafted bakery confections. We have created delicious memories for a generation of customers! Also, we offer a variety of breakfast, lunch, hors d'oeuvres & dinner catering services for any event!

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cakes + Desserts

3690 H King Street, Alexandria, VA (703) 578-4144

Gorgeous Cake

Reviewed on 8/10/2011 Krystle C

I brought a picture of a wedding cake that I found online in and the ladies assured me the cake would be done exactly the way I wanted. The original cake had four layers but due to the number of guests I had, I opted for a 3-layer. I didn't get to see the cake until the actual... Read More wedding and when I saw it...it was absolutely gorgeous!! I noticed it first because all of my guests had grouped around it to take pictures! Each layer tasted even better. I would definitely recommend Alexandria Pastry Shop. They were very accomodating and courteous.

2011-08-11T08:09:15 Response from the vendor

Krystle - I'm so happy that you loved your cake! I assume this means it made the trip to your location with no problems. I would love to see any photos that you have. Congratulations again on your wedding. Tess

Cake & Catering!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Sarah

I hired the Alexandria Pastry Shop for both my wedding cake and catering, and I highly recommend for any wedding! Their cakes are stunning and delicious, and they were quite flexible with our dietary needs (gluten-free please!). I had a small wedding (50 guests) and had a... Read More small three-tiered cake. The bottom layer was a delicious apricot & passionfruit confection, and the top two layers were a gluten-free triple chocolate mousse. I must say, even after the wedding, this cake is the gift that keeps on giving. The catering was superb. The staff was very courteous and professional. One waiter even cleaned off my shoes when I came in from rain! The food was delicious, and per my request, completely gluten-free. Our guests raved about the appetizers and the meals, with a few even asking for recipes. Everything was served exactly as ordered (hot, medium-rare, etc), even though everything had to be cooked off-site. If you live in the NoVA area, definitely stop by their shop. They have an excellent bakery and provide some delicious lunch items as well. This is a lovely, well-run place and should seriously be considered not only for your wedding cake but for your cocktail hour and reception catering as well.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Kathryn D

Anti Republican establishment....in my opinion. My wife ordered a cake with a Republican theme on it and they butchered what she requested it to say on the cake. Wrong words and mispellings, etc...a clear purposeful move by the baker.. super disappointed.. my wife had been... Read More going here for years and no longer going back.. super offended

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Heather M

Hands down, amazing wedding cake. Alexandria Pastry Shop was one of our possible vendors through the Westin Georgetown and it was the first tasting we had. Right away we were super impressed with the flavors and texture of the cake. Our consultant was also the nicest woman - she... Read More was very calm and casual and even let us try a flavor we hadn't mentioned when we set up our appointment. I went to a tasting at another bakery and it didn't even compare. We ended up ordering a 3-tier cake with 3 different flavors: lemon raspberry, strawberry shortcake, and (our personal favorite) passionfruit with apricots. The decoration was a plain white buttercream but we wanted fresh flowers from our florist. The team from Alexandria bakery made the cake absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much for a great experience!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Ashley W

The Perfect Cake! Alexandria Pastry Shop is right up the street from where my husband and I live. We began our initial Cake Testing and search for The Perfect Cake at Alexandria Pastry and we are so happy we did! We had a picture of what we wanted the cake to look like and it... Read More turned out identical - that was the easy part! We then had to decide on the flavor. We ended up creating our own cake and Alexandria Pastry Shop was so wonderful for making this accommodation for us! We went with a Raspberry Buttercream with Raspberry Jam on yellow cake! It was PERFECTION! My husband and I bought a trial cake to make it was "The One" and I only got 1 slice because my husband ate the rest of the cake within a week's timeframe! Thank You for everything Alexandria Pastry!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Jessi K

Excellent group to work with! They helped us select the flavors and design of the cake at the tasting. They checked in with us about a week before the wedding. On the wedding day, the cake was 1) on time, 2) beautiful, beyond beautiful, and 3) tasted DELICIOUS! What more can... Read More you possibly ask for ? :)

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Lauren C

Our wedding cake was beyond amazing. I wanted a simple decorated cake (Just tight fondant and blue strips) and the cake was perfect. If you also want a cake with amazing flavor which guests will love we picked a lemon cake with raspberry jam and lemon frosting. IT WAS... Read More INCREDIBLE! Everyone of our guests were saying it was the best cake by far they have had at weddings. Alexandria Pastry was easy to work with and communicated well the week of the wedding.

Great Cake!

Reviewed on 7/18/2015 Sowmya B

We had a few cake tastings for our wedding and Alexandria Pastry shop had hands down the best tasting cakes! We matched our cake to our wedding invitation card and color theme and did they a great job with the icing! We received several compliments from our guests on the... Read More cake. Very professional and great value. Highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 William C

Alexandria Pastry Shop did a great job in helping us create the perfect cakes for our wedding day. From the very beginning, Alexandria Pastry ensured we tasted each cake we were considering and helped us design the cakes so they arrived exactly how we wanted them. Delivery was... Read More seamless and incredibly easy. Throughout the entire process, Alexandria Pastry was there to answer all of our questions and in the end, created two delicious cakes that everyone enjoyed on our wedding day – we even have the top layer saved for our first anniversary! I highly recommend going with Alexandria Pastry Shop for your wedding. Great job!

Wonderful Cake

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Katie V

Wonderful! Staff was great to work with, VERY reasonable cost, fantastic tasting experience, DELICIOUS cake.

Best CAKE Ever

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Kelley G

Alexandria's Pastry Shop was one of the vendors I had to choose from with a package deal for the Fort Myer's Officers Club. We ordered a round 3 layer cake for 120 people. The top and bottom layer was white chocolate mousse cake with rose details. The middle layer was gold... Read More painted chocolate truffle cake. I could not have asked for a better cake, beautiful and yummy. The lady who took our order at APS&CC was super nice & easy to work with. Everyone at the wedding loved the cake. My groom and I are not big cake eaters but every time we visit the shop we get a slice of the white chocolate mousse cake, because its absolutely AMAZING!

Yummy!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Marley m

Delicious cake. Everyone loved it! The baker met with us a month before and helped us pick out the design. The only thing I'd have to add was the tasting samples were smaller than I expected, we would have liked to try more than three flavors.

I have never. Eaten better cakes. Ever.

Reviewed on 6/06/2013 KJ L

Our wedding cake was GORGEOUS. That's a must, for a wedding cake. We chose a simple and elegant three tiered design, with small embellishments, including lace that we delivered to them to add. But while many wedding cakes are beautifully decorated, not all wedding cakes are... Read More equally delicious. Oh my good god. Our cake was amazing. Seriously, I was so proud to present it to our guests. Alexandria Pastry Shop was one of two vendor options for our wedding package with Fort McNair-- I knew we were making the right decision when we went for the cake tasting. If you want to stagger your guests with how good a wedding cake can be, go with Alexandria Pastry Shop. My girls even ate up the fondant, that's how good this cake was. They use nothing but imported Belgium chocolate and other high quality ingredients.

Awesome cake!

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Laura B

The cake we ordered was absolutely delicious! It was soft with a delicious cream filling. Not over sweet on the icing. And it was beautiful. It was the last worry I had over all the vendors.

the best!

Reviewed on 5/23/2013 Gee K

What great small place in such a large busy area. I loved that I found Alexandria Pastry Shop & Cafe for my wedding. They helped me design a wedding cake to match my vintage style wedding. I brought in lace for them to place on the cake which matched my wedding gown. Everything... Read More looked spectacular! They were very easy to work with and their reputation matches their service!

service was great!

Reviewed on 5/23/2013 Mussia R

This bakery met all my expectations. My husband and I loved our wedding cake. We are recommending it to all our friends that are getting married. Their shop also has great sandwhiches and salads. After our wedding cake tasting, we ate a late lunch and discovered this. We are so... Read More glad we found this location. If you are new to the area, check this place out! Local great bakeries are getting harder and harder to find.

unreal!

Reviewed on 5/23/2013 Chas B

I was so impressed by Alexandria Pastry Shop! The wedding cake was perfect. It was my gift to the bride and groom and they couldn't have been happier. The bride's family provided the dessert table which was a combination of pastries from Alexandria Pastry Shop. They were the... Read More bomb! Very pleased and I recommend it above all the other bakeries in the area!

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 Dashe

Everyone could not stop talking about this cake! It was absolutely delicious. Highly recommend if you're more into the taste of the cake than what it looks like. They were worth it!

awesome!

Reviewed on 4/25/2013 Zach C

Wonderful people to work with and more importantly, wonderful results. We decided to go with a navy themed cake (blue stripes, with gold dots and white fondant.) Their fondant was the best we ever tasted. We were against it at first but once we tried it, we completely agreed to... Read More go for it. Now married, we are recommending this place all our friends. Must try the Tiramisu!

perfect!

Reviewed on 4/23/2013 Tina a

Most delicious wedding cake ever! I brought my fiancée and my parents to our wedding cake tasting, hoping a few extra opinions would help me decide since my wedding was quite large. I also had a few guests that were not able to have gluten so I felt my options were going to be... Read More limited. I was wrong! We tried their gluten free triple chocolate mousse cake and it was amazing. Even better, we found out that we could have a different type of cake for each tier. Since I had 5 tiers, I decided to go with each tier a different flavor. I left ECSTATIC because I know all my guests would be happy with desert and have plenty of have options. On the day of my wedding, they dropped off the cake during my cocktail hour. It looked GORGEOUS! Since my colors were navy blue and sliver, I wanted to make sure both were in the cake some how. The sliver pearls they added made the cake just glow in the ballroom and the navy blue ribbon I decided to go with gave it such a classy look. My guests thought the cake was wonderful. I would highly recommend this place for anyone getting married!

Great place!!

Reviewed on 4/19/2013 Ella H

The wedding cake that Alexandria Pastry Shop made for us was absolutely wonderful! During our appointment we tasted three different types of cake (and believe me, it was hard to choose just 3, they have so many!). We decided to go with a chocolate mousse and raspberry white... Read More chocolate mousse for our guests. Our design was simple because we had a small wedding. But man, our cake tasted like a million bucks! Our close family and friends loved it and wanted to know where we got it so they could go and get some themselves! We are so happy with our decision to have the pastry shop part of our big day. And, we found their prices to be very reasonable.

EXCELLENT!

Reviewed on 4/18/2013 Joce G

Our cake was beautiful and just like what we discussed during our appointment. Since our wedding was in July we wanted to go with flowers for our cake. We had purple lilies cascading down the side of our cake, all which were edible. They looked stunning and matched perfectly... Read More with our wedding colors. We are very happy with their service!

Soo beautiful and delicious too!

Reviewed on 4/18/2013 christine H

Our wedding cake arrived perfectly and more importantly, it tasted just amazing. My family/friends could not stop raving about how moist the cake was. Even though everyone was full from dinner, everyone wanted a slice. Our bottom tier was their Fruit Bavarian and it was such a... Read More great hit for our summer wedding. Recommend it to anyone planning a wedding in the D.C. area!

Beautiful Cake with Great Taste!

Reviewed on 4/10/2013 Temesha M

I am so glad that we selected Alexandria Pastry Shop to make our wedding cake. Our initial appointment set the precedence for great service and care. They took time to review all of our options and incorporate our personal style to help create a cake that would love. It turned... Read More out perfectly. We loved the visual aspect and the taste of our cake.

Can't complain

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Takesha W

The hotel that I was originally getting married at, offered this company as their personal vendor. I was to get my cake free through the wedding package at the hotel. I made some upgrades to the cake to give it some flair which added some additional costs.The cake turned out... Read More fine but I had to walk them through some aspects of the decorations of the cake because they werent knowledgable with how to use bling ribbon. However, they were very proffesional and the cake was tasty but if you are looking for extreme cake design, this is not the place to be.