Calla Blanche gowns are in!!!

Our intimate and quaint setting will leave you with a feel-good disposition. We are accommodating to your requests and take our time with each bride. Alexia Gavela Bridal will help you create the perfect appearance for your perfect day. Calla Blanche gowns are in 512 4197818

Flower Girl Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

3704 Crawford Street, Austin, TX (512) 419-7818

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Jill E

I want to give this Shop a 6th Star, but 5 is the limit. This small shop is jammed packed with talent. Geri is one of the owners and he is so amazingly talented I don't quite know where to start talking about him. Geri is an expert in bridal fashion. He will help you to find... Read More the perfect dress and then he will alter it to fit you perfectly. Customer service is top notch in a very relaxed atmosphere. Our initial visits (I am the Mother of the Bride) were when we had not yet decided on a dress or a dress shop. Geri never pressured us and just kept answering our questions and offering advice and wisdom. Even though we live in San Antonio and had to do some commuting during the wedding dress process, I still strongly recommend this Bridal Shop. My daughter and I will never forget our wonderful wedding dress experience at Alexia Gavela Bridal in Austin.

LOVE!

Reviewed on 4/20/2014 Suzette

Everyone at Alexia Gavela Bridal was SO accommodating and patient with me! I could not have asked for a better experience. I am not the kind of person that enjoys shopping or trying on clothes, so I didn't know what to expect. I went into the fitting room with 16 dresses, I... Read More believe. They patiently went through each dress with me and did not offer unsolicited opinions. They did go through the pros and cons of each dress as it applied to me, which I definitely appreciated! Getting alterations done was also a pleasant experience! I wasn't sure if or how I wanted to bustle my dress, and they pinned and showed me all the options before I decided just to cut off the train altogether. Alexia Gavela Bridal made an experience, that could have been full of stress and anxiety, a great one to remember!

Awesome shop, great people

Reviewed on 3/27/2013 Virginia W

I have to say, I had a pretty specific idea of what I wanted in a wedding dress. The problem is I had no clue how to articulate it and I HATE shopping. Malory was fantastic at listening to what I liked and didn't like about certain dresses and applying it to finding the... Read More perfect dress. Geri and Malory work seamlessly as a team and were so flexible. When I found the right dress, they worked with the designer to make it perfect. Changing the color, the back, neckline and even removing the beading to make it exactly what I wanted. When making so many changes to a dress there is a lot of axiety around it. Malory and Geri offered suggestions and critics to make sure the changes worked well together and really complimented the tone of the wedding. Right down to the 3 button bustle to axcentuate the lace. When it comes to service and making the process as easy as possible, these guys are the best! I purchased my flower girl dresses from another store (5) and the kids where arriving in the states just days before the wedding. Being unsure of the alterations which would be needed, Geri was sure to arrange staff to be on hand to assist. Luckily only 1 dress needed altering and 4 pressing- but he turned it around in just one day. He really took everything from a "how can I help" perpective, even things that were really not his problem to deal with. I cannot express my satisfaction enough. Many thanks to Geri and Malory, you really did make my wedding dress experience awesome. TIP: If you have miliary family let them know for a discount with miliary ID!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Allan D

My dress was MY DRESS by the time they were done with it. I bought it elsewhere and had it bustled and hemmed with Alexia Gavela. They came highly recommended and I will pass on the gratitude. They re-hemmed it multiple times, making sure to be careful and unhurried. The quiet... Read More women pinning my dress seemed to really love what she did based on how mindful she moved. I enjoyed watching her work. I wanted a dress I could dance in and not step on and boy (!) could I dance! Thank you for y'all's skill and patience with the changes over the weeks. I am so grateful. Sincerely, Alex

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 MichaelElaine S

Fantastic! I absolutely loved working with Alexia Gavela. I had been to several salons before this one and their service, attention to detail, and passion for brides is above and beyond any other place I experienced. One of my bridesmaids also used them for her wedding (this... Read More is how I found them) and was also absolutely perfect in her gown. The staff their truly takes each persons taste into account, and are never pushy trying to get you to try on something you do not want. They have a knack for finding the right dress for the bride. I would recommend them to anyone, regardless of wedding style or size, the right dress can be found here!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Michelle R

I went to this place with my dress already picked out. I'm so happy that I made my purchase through this bridal shop than the one I tried my dress on. The staff is super helpful and nice. I highly recommend shopping at this location for a wedding dress.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016

The staff at Alexia Gavela helped me to select the PERFECT dress for my wedding. I told the staff what I was looking for and they completely understood my vision. After trying only 2 dresses, I found my dress. My dress was absolutely stunning and affordable. It was a showstopper... Read More and I received so many compliments. I highly recommend Alexia Gavela to all future brides looking for the perfect wedding dress.

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Sara D

Geri and the dresses at Alexia Gavela were a breath of fresh air after visiting some of the other dress shops in Austin. The store is intimate and clean and the employees were all knowledgeable, kind, and helpful. I was torn between two Kenneth Winston Private Label by G... Read More dresses. Geri let me stay after store hours and showed me every possible option of how they could alter the dress shape, color and lace until we came up with my dream dress. I loved his honesty and attention to detail. Without me saying anything, he was able to offer suggestions on how to slightly alter the dress to flatter my shape. I was so excited at my first fitting at how perfect and beautiful everything turned out. I highly recommend Alexia Gavela!

Reviewed on 3/08/2016 Roya A

Beautiful dresses! Do not judge by the smallness or hiddenness of the shop. The store assistants were great. The most beautiful dresses I have tried out of three in stores in Austin.

Reviewed on 12/23/2015

Do not be fooled by the appearance of the little, old shop, it has AWESOME dresses and service!! Vanessa helped me find my dress and she was so great at helping me pin point exactly what I wanted. Plus my dress was in budget! Their selection of dresses is absolutely beautiful... Read More and perfect if you're looking for something non-traditional and more vintage style. I absolutely love mine, many tears were cried when it hit me that it was MY dress! Great place and great service, they really know what they're doing!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Skylar K

Geri with Alexia Gavela is amazing! I walked in, told him what my dream dress was, and he pulled one that had more sparkle than I had seen anywhere else - and only $5 over budget. It was my dream dress. Between that and the in house alterations he made me look AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Christian F

I purchased my wedding veil here and they had the most variety, beautiful lace, and best priced veils I saw in Austin. They have limited store hours, but were very helpful with walk-ins. Very satisfied!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Amber A

Geri is absolutely incredible!! I truly do not have space to say enough wonderful things about him and his talent. Not only did he make my entire experience totally positive and super easy, he took an Alvina Valenta gown I purchased elsewhere and transformed it into the most... Read More perfect original design I have ever seen. It fit flawlessly and his ideas were unique but also traditional. He took time to listen to me and get to know me. His prices are way more than fair for the services he provides. My mom and I were both so pleased she took her dresses there to have them altered as well. I would recommend this place to my dearest friends and family. A wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Nina M

(49 Reviews) My Review 5.0 out of 5.0 Quality of Service: 5.0 out of 5.0(5.0/5.0) Responsiveness: 5.0 out of 5.0(5.0/5.0) Professionalism: 5.0 out of 5.0(5.0/5.0) Value: 5.0 out of 5.0(5.0/5.0) Flexibility: 5.0 out of 5.0(5.0/5.0) Services Used: Dress & Attire... Read More Alexia Gavela came highly recommended to me by a friend and I would pass along the same feedback to any bride looking for bridal alterations. The owner is super nice and works hard to get that perfect fit for you! Excellent, friendly staff too. Even in the heat of wedding & prom season, they made me feel special and not just a number.

The Perfect Bridal Salon

Reviewed on 3/22/2015 Lauren

Alexia Gavela came highly recommended to me by a friend who works in the wedding industry. It was actually the second bridal salon I went to. I first went to another well-known salon in Austin, and I did not have a great experience there...it was very so-so. The salesperson I... Read More was working with did not make me feel great. I found a dress that I kind of liked, but I was anxious to get to Alexia Gavela to see what all they had. I had the great pleasure of working with Geri, who made me feel so beautiful and at ease. I showed him pictures of styles that I liked, and he pulled a few dresses, and my maids of honor that were there with me picked some dresses as well. I will never forget seeing "my" dress on me for the first time - it felt like it was made just for me. My mom, future MIL, maids of honor, and aunt were all there with me, and we all got teary-eyed. Picking out a bridal gown can be an emotional experience, and Geri and his team were so sweet and accommodating. Geri and his team did my alterations as well - they were perfect. Geri was a perfectionist (in a good way!) about getting the length of the dress just right to go with my shoes. I ended up ordering a custom veil through Geri as well, with lace to match the trim of my dress. It was absolutely perfect. I wish I could get married again so I could work with Geri again to find another dress!

Intimate Boutique with great service and selection of gowns!

Reviewed on 12/16/2014 Christina D

Alexia Gavela is a wonderful option if you are looking for a more personal experience in what feels like your own private dressing room. It feels like a boutique with tons of beautiful gowns to try on. They are very responsive and do a fabulous job on alterations, making sure... Read More they get the exact fit and look that you want. I requested they add beaded spaghetti straps to a strapless gown and they did a gorgeous job. The gown fit perfectly and was everything I had dreamed of for that day. It captured the look I wanted exactly as I imagined it thanks to Alexia Gavela. The entire experience from trying on gowns to having it preserved was easy and wonderful - definitely recommend them to anyone!

Unique dresses!

Reviewed on 8/03/2014 Morgan R

The dresses at this shop were very unique, and very gorgeous. Just a little pricey.

Wonderful Service

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Stephanie K

Geri and his staff were awesome! From the moment I walked into Alexia Gavela to begin shopping until I walked out with my dress, I was treated with great service. Geri helped me find the perfect dress and the perfect belt to add the finishing touch to my dress. The alterations... Read More team were great, even when they had to take my dress in numerous times. My dress fit perfectly on my wedding day, and I cannot thank Alexia Gavela enough for helping me find the dress of my dreams!

Great Selection

Reviewed on 4/01/2014 Jaclyn M

My mom and I shopped at 5 different boutiques in Austin when looking for my wedding gown. We fell in love with a dress at Alexia Gavela, even though it didn't have every single thing I wanted. Geri (the owner) worked with the dress designer in Spain and they customized the dress... Read More so that it was exactly they way I wanted it - and there was very little additional cost! The staff at Alexia Gavela is helpful and they truly want you to feel beautiful in your gown. Their seamstress is also the best and did a fantastic job with my alterations.

Geri is awesome !!

Reviewed on 3/12/2014 Angela C

I visited about 6-8 places before I went to Alexia Gavela…and I wish this would have been my first stop. I told Geri what I was looking for and he delivered. I felt like a real princess in my dress. He is amazing !!! Highly recommend them !!

Wonderful alterations!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Alisa H

I didn't buy my dress from this shop, but I did use them for alterations. My dress was a sample gown and needed a lot of work! There were several tears in the lace and the zipper would get stuck. In addition, there were some big alterations I wanted done (removing cap... Read More sleeves to turn into a strapless dress; attaching the lace overlay to the satin sheath). Their work was phenomenal, and they were very easy to work with! I absolutely loved the dress I walked out of there with.

Dress Alterations

Reviewed on 5/14/2013 Natalie

I bought my dress from Alfred Angelo but I heard terrible things about their alteration process. They basically pin you dress and ship it off to some large factory where most of the time is crooked. Being skeptical about this I was referred by a friend to Alexia Gavela Bridal... Read More who had the same type of alteration done to her dress as I wanted which is a sweetheart neckline. Now my friend had a nightmare of a story because she had 3 other places work on her dress and screw it up. However, Alexia Gavela came to the rescue and fixed her dress! Thank God! After hearing her story I knew I needed to go straight to them. They fit my dress perfectly. The woman who does the alterations doesn't speak English very well yet we communicated without a problem and her work came out perfectly. They also took in the sweetheart a little a time to make sure it didn't get too low.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 1/04/2013 Zoey A

I ordered my perfect gown with accessories from Alexia Gavela in June. However, my fiance and I ended up moving, and had to have the dress shipped. Everything arrived just as beautiful as I remembered, and they just couldn't have been nicer from the moment we walked in the shop... Read More to the confirmation that I had received everything in one piece.

unfortunately bad service

Reviewed on 12/18/2012 Patty W

I thought this place was going to be amazing. Geri was so helpful with selecting my dress and accessories, and the seamstress was helpful for my fittings. We scheduled my pickup date for my bridal photo's a month in advance, and I emailed a few days before to confirm (they... Read More emailed back- assuring me everything would be ready). On the day of my bridal photos, I arrived to pick up my dress, and they said it would be ready shortly. I ended up being over 45 minutes late to my bridal photo shoot, after hearing every excuse in the book- Geri was out of town, our steamer is broken, etc etc... it turns out they hadn't finished sewing the hem of my gown and were frantically hand stitching it in the back room! Needless to say, the hem looked terrible (thank God for photo shop). They didn't offer to pay for my time wasted at the photo shoot (again, I lost 45 minutes of a 2 hour block, which I had paid $85 for at Laguna Gloria). When it comes down to it, I am thankful this happened on my "trial run" day, but I would have preferred it not happen at all. If you choose to buy a gown from here, only trust Geri and none of the other staff.

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 11/18/2012 Michelle F

I decided to try Alexia Gavela after meeting with our wedding cordinator at Barton Creek. She recommended it and my mom and I went later that day. Within ten minutes of being there I found the most perfect dress! They were so easy to work with and stored my dress until the... Read More wedding.

Start a Conversation!