Alex's East End Floral Shoppe (Alex's Flowers)

Pittsburgh, PA

Centerpieces, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Arrangements

236 Shady Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA (412) 661-6071

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Maura J

I knew as soon as I got engaged that flowers would play an important role in setting the tone for our wedding. I wanted bright, fun, colors and fresh bold textures and Alex and his team 100% delivered. He was very accommodating to my hectic schedule, often meeting with me after... Read More hours to sort out details. I wanted the flowers at my reception to bring color and energy to the tables without feeling overwhelming and Alex was so great at taking my vision and bringing it to life. Thank you to Alex and the whole team at Alex’s East End Floral!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Maddie W

Our wedding flowers were amazing-even better than I could have ever expected! Alex was incredibly helpful, made sure we understood everything we were getting and his staff was incredibly friendly the day of the wedding. They delivered all the flowers right on time and... Read More transported everything to the reception venue with ease. Incredibly easy to work with and highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Nicole I

We loved working with Alex! We had a very complicated and specific request for the flowers at our wedding and Alex rose πŸŒΉπŸ˜‰ to the challenge! The flowers were absolutely beautiful and were exactly what we were looking for. We had several guests compliment the arrangements and... Read More they all absolutely loved throwing the rose pedals at the end of the ceremony! Alex and his staff made the venue look even better than we could have imagined. Not only were his services spectacular, he was a pleasure to work with, he was calm and confident about any last minute changes we made, and just a fun person in general! We would definitely recommend him to other brides and grooms! THANK YOU ALEX!!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Angela Z

Alex was such a pleasure to work with. He was patient and very thorough when we met at his shop to discuss centerpieces and bouquets. He did my sister's wedding last year, and my wedding last month. Alex is not only very talented, but his prices are even better! He was so... Read More accommodating, thorough, organized, and detail oriented; a bride's dream!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Elana B

Alex and his staff provided the most beautiful flowers for our wedding this past weekend. When my then-fiance and I first met with Alex, he really captured our vision and while he gave great suggestions, I never once felt that he was trying to up-sell me or pressure us into... Read More choices we didn't want. We wanted simple but beautiful centerpieces, and that's exactly what we got. The bouquets were gorgeous and everything ended up being very affordable. He was great to work with, easy to communicate with, and I would definitely recommend him to others (in fact - I already have to a girl I know, and she booked with him too!).

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 MonaLisa L

Alex was very nice and organized. He had the flowers delivered on time to the church, and they were amazing. The bouquets and flower pins were done beautifully. The only reason why two of the flowers broke off was because I wasn't very careful with them. He gave me a free throw... Read More bouquet, and it was with real flowers (which I expected to be fake). Lastly, very affordable! The price they offered was the cheapest compared to other florists I have visited in Pittsburgh. Thank you Alex!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Anne N

I can't say enough wonderful things about Alex. He made the flowers for our ceremony and provided to floral decorations on our wedding cake. From the moment I first talked to him on the phone he was so kind, passionate, and truly cared about me as a person and that my wedding... Read More was special. During our first meeting we brought me examples of flowers to really help me visualize our ideas come to life. He was SO flexible as well. The week of the wedding I made last minute changes and he was so nice about it and made. He provided amazing guidance (when I really didn't know 100% what I wanted). Getting to the actualy arrangements, THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL! They were the perfect size, so full and wonderful. I wanted a very 'whimsical' look and he captured it beautifully. Everything arrived on time and so smoothly and I could't be happier. He even touched base with me the day before to make sure I didn't need anything. I highly recommend Alex and his shoppe!!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Ellie C

Alex was a pleasure to work with. Our wedding day flowers were absolutely beautiful and even better than I envisioned. Alex was very responsive and always available to answer my questions or make a change to my flower plan. He also provided many helpful recommendations. He... Read More did all the coordination with the church, baker, and reception the day off leaving me with nothing to worry about. The church, reception, and cake looked beautiful thanks to him. Thanks Alex for helping to make my wedding day special!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Jessie K

I was pleased with the quality of the flowers we received, overall. My bridal bouquet featured coral roses, september daisies, seeded eucalyptus, other greenery, pink hypericum berries and succulent accents. The succulents were not the nicest regarding quality - they looked a... Read More bit sickly, but they completed the bouquet as I'd hoped. Our bridesmaids bouquets featured many of the same folliage as mine, minus the roses and succulents. They also had dusty miller, which was wilting by the time the ceremony completed. I was a bit disappointed that the flowers weren't delivered in some kind of water - or even if the florist had just recommended to me that the flowers be placed in a vase pre-ceremony, that would've been helpful. The florist messed up almost all of our boutonnieres as well. The only one correct was the groom's, which included a coral rose, hypericum berry and hint of baby's breath. The fathers and officiant were to have the same as the groom, and I think they were correct, however they weren't labeled as such. We had extras too - including one for a ring bearer, which I explicitly said I didn't need. Lastly, the groomsmen's were supposed to just be hypericum berries, greenery and september daisies. Instead, they matched my husband's. Not the look I was going for. All in all, I was pleased with the flowers, although working with Alex could be difficult at times. I emailed him corrections at one point, and when he called to verify, he had them mixed up. I'd still recommend this florist, but I also felt like it was a bit overpriced ($10 for two sprigs of baby's breath for my bridesmaids' hair!)

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Dianne H

We couldn't be happier with Alex's Flowers. My daughter had somewhat of an idea of how she wanted her bouquets to look for her wedding, but didn't know which flowers to use. Alex, ever so patiently, weaved through her thoughts, asked questions, showed her flowers and found... Read More exactly what she she was looking for! With every change he was calming, patient, accommodating, nothing but professional! The flowers arrived at the church and the reception looking better than we ever imagined! I would absolutely use Alex's Flowers again!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015

Alex was a delight to work with. We learned about him because he is the flower vendor for my church. We worked with him directly and given that I am ignorant with flowers, we put it all in his hands and it came out beautifully. He is a very relaxed and easy man to work with - I... Read More explained our colors and thoughts for the style (what we wanted and did not want) and he ran with our idea and made it an amazing reality. The man knows his flowers and knows what he is doing completely. I trusted him 100%. He was very responsive through email, given that we live abroad, and even sent us pre-wedding emails to make us feel assured that he was on top of it all. And he was. We were very grateful for his work and dedication to his passion.

Reviewed on 7/12/2015

Alex's Flowers was wonderful. Alex talked through everything with us, laying out our options and making very helpful suggestions. He was very flexible and accommodating, based on our changing needs. Our bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, and ceremony plants were all... Read More beautiful, and stayed beautiful throughout the night...and days after! :) The prices were VERY reasonable. We can't recommend this florist highly enough. And his office is right in Shadyside, which was very convenient!

Reviewed on 7/08/2015

Alex's attentive approach to my couple was the beginning of a perfect floral presentation at their wedding! Every arrangement and floral bouquet was outstanding, reflecting Alex's professional signature! -Chris Taylor, Day of Ceremony Services

Great service and value

Reviewed on 8/08/2014 Emily H

Alex is wonderful and very helpful and accommodating. He was willing to do anything and also willing to help cut down prices in any areas I needed. I loved my bridal bouquet. The centerpieces were nice, but not as full as I would have wanted them. I was a little disappointed... Read More with them. Overall though, great service and very enthusiastic!

Choose Alex's Flowers!

Reviewed on 7/06/2014 Beth W

I looked around at several florists- and by far Alex was the best! He is the most professional florist that I met with. He was always in contact with us through the year long planning of the wedding. He worked with me to choose great flowers- and helped again when I completely... Read More changed my mind! He gave us options the help save money- and worked with us to make the bridal bouquet the best it could be for the money I could afford. I would HIGHLY recommend Alex to any bride. You never have to worry about Alex- his commitment to quality and customer service is top notch. Thank you Alex's Flowers for my beautiful wedding flowers!

Everything was PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Tyler

I received Alex's information from a co-worker who had used Alex for her wedding --and who had a glowing recommendation regarding his work! I have a very simple and not cheesy taste when it comes to flowers, and wanted to keep everything fun yet classy. Alex listened to all of... Read More my requests, and had some great ideas himself! Not only were our wedding flowers perfect, but Alex's services are offered at a great value. I would highly recommend Alex's Flowers for anyone looking for beautiful yet affordable flowers for their wedding!!

Alex's Flowers is a Pittsburgh wedding gem!

Reviewed on 9/14/2013 Tony D

We highly recommend Alex's Flowers! We had a very specific vision and aesthetic for our wedding flowers, and Alex took lots of time to meet with us to look at pictures, understand exactly what we wanted, and make recommendations based on our preferences. On our wedding... Read More day, he got everything exactly right and just like we had imagined! Alex is a professional who has years of experience as a florist in Pittsburgh. This is what sets him apart - You can fully trust him to make the flowers perfect on your wedding day and go the extra mile for you to make sure everything is just right. We HIGHLY recommend that you go meet with Alex - you will see what we mean!

AMAZING FLORIST AMAZING PERSON

Reviewed on 9/04/2013 Jessica B

Alex did the flowers for our reception and ceremony. They were stunning. STUNNING! Working with Alex was not only so much fun, it was simple and he was so flexible and reliable. And to top it off a great person! I had a specific request for our centerpieces, and he went above... Read More and beyond to make sure that it happened. I would recommend Alex to anyone for their wedding. Every flower looked amazing and to top it off, he was the most affordable florist that I spoke with and that did not influence the look or quality at all. Bottom line, Alex is your guy, and he will not disappoint.

Great Wedding Florist

Reviewed on 7/06/2013 Lauren C

Alex did the flowers for our ceremony and reception, and it was exactly what we wanted! He was very professional, friendly and responsive throughout our planning process, and provided helpful opinions and feedback. He had experience working with our (somewhat uncommon) venue as... Read More well, which was reassuring to us. The flowers looked beautiful, and really pulled the spaces together.

Such a great guy

Reviewed on 6/23/2013 Brenna D

Alex is the owner/operator of this shop and he will work with you directly. He was the guy there on my wedding day. He really cares about you and your wedding. Super friendly!

April 13 - Heinz Chapel and Pittsburgh Zoo

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Becca T

I highly recommend Alex's Flowers for your wedding florist. Alex was wonderful to work with, and he offered many great ideas for both my wedding flowers and my reception flowers. He knew how to accommodate my style in my venues using in-season flowers perfectly. I received many... Read More complements on his bouquets and centerpieces. I really appreciated that unlike other vendors I consulted, Alex was very upfront about the costs of specific flowers and arrangements, and was always suggesting lower-cost, equally-beautiful alternatives. He's definitely the friend of a budget-conscious bride and very willing to work with your specific requests. I loved his creations!

Great Service, Disappointing Flowers

Reviewed on 1/28/2013 Bethany R

For me, there were good things and bad things about Alex's Flowers. Good: He was very friendly, helpful on the wedding day, and affordable. Bad: I guess you get what you pay for, because I was not happy with what my flowers looked like. They were wilted and the bouquets were... Read More falling apart. The centerpieces at my reception were sparse and chintzy, and looked nothing like the test design that Alex put together for me.

Loved Alex!!!

Reviewed on 12/16/2012 LaTrese B

We all know that planning a wedding is challenging but planning a wedding out of state, 1200 miles away from your venue was even more challenging. I found Alex's website on theknot.com and after our first conversation I had full confidence that my flowers would be beautiful and... Read More exactly what. Alex was understanding,extremely easy to work with and always available by phone or email to discuss any concerns. My flowers were absolutely gorgeous and exactly what I had envisioned for my wedding day. I would definitely recommend Alex to any bride getting married in the Pittsburgh area.

Alex was spectacular!

Reviewed on 11/19/2012 Les R

My daughter's wedding was two weeks ago and we were really fortunate to have chosen Alex's Flowers. His designs were creative, memorable and very reasonably priced. He was extremely easy to work with and coordinated his Sunday morning efforts with the caterer, the venue and the... Read More religious folks too. He and his team arrived early and made sure everything went smoothly, especially when we had to convert the ceremony space back to a ballroom quickly. His team was great - the bride and groom were ecstatic and all the guests commented on the beauty of the space. He helped make it a really terrific day...

Beautiful, affordable flowers from a wonderful sho

Reviewed on 9/12/2012 Erin K

We had a great time working with Alex! He knew what my "vision" for my wedding was, even when I wasn't able to really explain it (all I had was a pile of pictures and some color preferences). My bouquet was the perfect size, and I absolutely loved the colors of my bridesmaids'... Read More bouquets paired with their dresses! Alex worked with us to customize centerpieces - he even searched for, and found, me a blue delphinium orchid to be submerged instead of the standard white that he normally used. He had worked at our venues before, and gave us peace of mind about both the chapel and reception site. At times during my planning period, communication got slow, but I was probably worrying when I didn't need to (in the last few weeks before our wedding, we confirmed all details and everything worked out perfectly). Alex decorated our cake table with lovely accents, and really all of our choices looked beautiful - he often suggested more affordable types of flowers for us (no up-selling)! I couldn't have been happier with our choice! We had a rather large reception, so the cost added up with table centerpieces, but we are very happy with Alex's work!