Exceeding Your Cake Expectations

Design the cake you want at a reasonable cost, with a designer that will help you decide on a scrumptious flavor, a unique style and design for your wedding cake. We will exceed your guests' expectations and have them asking for another Piece of Cake!

$ – Inexpensive

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cakes + Desserts

2433 Home Road, Powell, OH (740) 917-9031

Delicious!

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Shelly Q

Alice was definitely the right choice for us! We did cupcakes instead of the traditional cake. She incorporated our flower theme to make it a gorgeous display. We had 3 different flavors to choose from and they were all amazing! She delivered the cake and had it all set up so I... Read More didn't have to worry about a thing. My only regret is that I don't still have a carrot cake cupcake in my hand!! Perfect!

Alice is AMAZING.

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Erin W

Alice is fabulous, truly one of a kind. To start, she was amazing to work with. She would get back to me quickly, answer any questions I had, met with me and my family several times, and was on top of things like no other. She is an expert in her field. I am a picky bride, I ask... Read More a ton (and I mean a TON) of questions. I emailed Alice probably 40 times over the course of my engagement-- and she responded with excitement every time. Now to the good stuff-- her cake? Amazing. People are still raving about the cake from our wedding. We had three flavors and I saw dozens of our guests going up for more. The cake design was beautiful, she really took our vision and make it our own. I would highly recommend Alice to anyone!! I have already given her name to all my friends who are engaged :)

Gorgeous and delicious cake!

Reviewed on 10/13/2013 Sarah

Alice exceeded my expectations. Not only was the cake delicious, it was absolutely beautiful. I was in awe when I saw the cake at the reception. The spice cake is the best! It was a joy working with Alice. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Gina L

Alice made our wedding cake and it was absolutely delicious! Everyone was saying it was the best wedding cake ever. Not only did it taste amazing, but it looked beautiful! We couldn't have been any happier with how to all turned out! We had a two tiered cutting cake and two... Read More sheet cakes and just about all of it got eaten at the wedding! The little left didn't make it through the weekend :) She was amazing to work with and so flexible. We would highly recommend Alice for anyone wanting a beautiful and delicious cake!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Scott H

Alice was amazing throughout the entire process and made us feel welcome in her home from our initial meeting with her! She was so nice and helpful and made everything super easy! She made our wedding cake for our venue at St. Charles and it was more beautiful than I imagined... Read More and she delivered it herself on the wedding day! Thank you so much Alice, you were absolutely wonderful and loved working with you!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Brittany R

My husband loved the cake and we got so many compliments on the almond icing, from people who weren't icing fans.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Kat S

My daughter and her then-fiance weren't excited about having cake at their wedding, but several caterers, the florist and the venue events manager convinced us that guests expect cake at a wedding. After tastings at several bakers, we chose Alice's Piece of Cake. In addition... Read More to being VERY easy to work with and reasonably priced, Alice is a terrific baker. The cake that she delivered, on time, was not only beautiful, but was the most delicious wedding cake we have ever tasted. The almond-flavored cake was very moist, with a perfect texture, and there was exactly the right amount of rich chocolate ganache and raspberry filling. The buttercream frosting was lovely, and not overly sweet. The bride and groom, and all of our guests thought it was delicious as well. We wholeheartedly recommend Alice. P.S. As a compromise, we also had the caterer provide a sundae bar, but the cake was so good on its own that the sundae bar didn't really see much action.

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Kasey P

Alice made us a beautiful AND delicious cake! It was so much more perfect than I could have imagined, and I was almost too sad to cut the cake! Alice was also great to work with. We met at her home, and it was evident how much she loved creating works of art with cake. She was... Read More flexible in coordinating with our florist to add flowers to our cake at the venue! I'm already looking forward to our one year anniversary to eat some of her cake again!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Katie W

Alice did a great job of making a cake for my fiance's graduation. It was delicious and we are very happy to have gotten the cake from her. We wish we could use her for our wedding but are getting married out of town. Thank you Alice!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Ruth H

Alice did a phenomenal job with our cake and it tasted so good! From the presentation to the price, I would recommend her to anyone! We got many compliments on the cake during and after the wedding. She truly did a phenomenal job!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Jaela N

Delicious and beautiful cake. Very low key process with exquisite and tasty results.

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Katie H

My sister had Alice do her wedding cake 7 years ago, and it was hands down the best cake I have literally ever had in all of my days on earth...and I love cake. When I got engaged there was no question that wherever we got married, Alice would be doing the cake. The tasting was... Read More wonderful and we decided on the raspberry filled white cake with almond icing. I went with a simple design where the cake was somehwat ruffled and later had fresh flowers put on the cake when it made it to the venue. My cake was everything I wanted it to be and guests are still raving about how amazing the cake was, because let's be honest the cake is a huge deal to your guests so it needs to be good. I do not know what Alice does to her cake but it's moist and the icing is perfect, she is one talented woman whom I will recommend to everyone I know!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Michelle C

A friend of mine recommended Alice's Piece of Cake to me and I'm so glad she did. Alice was the only cake vendor we met with because it was clear that she was the right choice for us! Her cake is amazing, she is very responsive and helpful, and she offers so many options so you... Read More can remain on budget. She created the most beautiful 3 tier cake for our wedding that was exactly what i had envisioned. She also created the most amazing Star Wars themed Grooms Cake that my husband absolutely loved! Alice is absolutely wonderful in every way!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Elizabeth M

ound Alice's piece of cake off of the knot. I was so excited for my wedding cake. Ive dreamed of how it would look since I was a little girl. We met with her before the wedding and the tasting was magnificent. The pictures of cakes she had in the past were beautiful. I found a... Read More picture off pinterest of the cake I wanted. We went through how i wanted it to look anf i gave her the picture. When my cake arrived at my wedding, I was devastated. It was the worst cake I have ever seen. She insisted in our meeting that she could make butter cream look like fondant because after all she has been doing this for over 20 years. I can assure you she cannot. I complete made the pinterest fails list. My cake had horrible pointed flowers on the bottom. My second teir had huge pearls in random places and had patchy pink coloring. I think she airbrushed it, which made the buttercream color very patchy. I was supposed to have flowers on the second teir, they were not there. The top teir had this horrible broach on it that looked nothing like the picture or what we discussed. It also was supposed to be champagne colored. It was a horrid burnt yellow color. I was so disappointed. my mother called her to let her know how dissatisfied I was. She offered to drive to the venue to fix it but my weddong was starting soon and we were an hour and a half away. Im not sure she could of fixed it anyway. She said she would give a full refund and we went on with the wedding. After the wedding My mother tried to talk to her about getting the refund. Alice was extremely rude and said that she made the cake perfectly and that it was exactly what we discussed. So I talked to Alice and explained that I did not like the cake and that it was not what i wanted. She was extremely rude with me and went on that she said I needed buttercream. And that she has been doing this for 20 years and no one has had a problem And that the cake was what I wanted. Obviously it wasnt. It wasnt even close. The taste was off as well . After arguing with her she finally decided that she would refund me half. After saying she would refund the whole $400 she only gave me half back! The cake was absolutely hideous and it did not help that eveyone at the wedding had a negative comment. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about this now other than leave this review.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Erin W

Alice is very friendly and very easy to work with. Her original quote was a little higher than we expected but she worked with us to get us exactly what we wanted and still making sure there was enough cake. The cake was delicious and we got so many compliments on how good it... Read More was.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Krystal D

Alice did an exquisite job on our cake! On the outside it was so beautiful and exactly what we had asked for. Her rustic cake stand that we used gave it the perfect touch to match our day. Unfortunately our day was so hectic that the groom and I didn't get around to having a... Read More full slice to taste but guests were talking up the cake AND cupcakes all evening!! One of the groomsmen had at LEAST 5 cupcakes haha! I will say that during our tasting with Alice I immediately had my mind made up that she was the one for our cake. The samples we tried were so moist and flavorful. Alice's flavor selection is also amazing - we are talking Mint Chocolate Chip people!! Thank you to Alice for making our day complete with a cake that was not only delicious but that complimented the style and design of our day perfectly!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Chelsea W

I went with Alice for both the Groom's cake and our wedding cake. I was so impressed! My fiancé and I first met with Alice about 8 months before the wedding and I showed and sent her a photo of my dream wedding cake. She totally understood my style- classic and a little preppy.... Read More The cake was absolutely beautiful. My maid of honor said if a cake could look like you - that's what the cake would be. She placed the flowers on the cake flawlessly. The cake was in the middle of our dance floor during dinner and toasts because it was so beautiful and we wanted to show it off :) The cake was delicious and I'm not even a big cake girl. Everyone loved it. I couldn't believe how reasonable her price was for what a talent Alice is! You could not possibly go wrong with using Alice's Piece of Cake!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Casey C

The first thing out of my mouth when Alice delivered our cake was 'Oh my god that cake looks amazing!'. Our cake is exactly what we asked for and imagined. It tasted just as good as it looked too! Alice came highly recommended from a family friend, and we will be spreading the... Read More word about her! Do yourself a favor a book Alice for your wedding cake!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Marie B

When we were searching for a baker for our cake for our wedding, we wanted someone who could put our vision into reality and Alice did just that! When we met for our tasting she was so welcoming and very excited to show us what she could do. She had so many photos of cakes she... Read More had created in the past so we knew she was going to do a phenomenal job with our cake. Her services also go beyond just baking the cake, she also provided us with a beautiful cake stand to go along perfectly with our wedding decor. Her cake was so delicious we went home with only half of our kitchen cake left over! All of our guests raved about how tasty the cake flavors were. I will definitely reach out to her for our other cake needs in the future.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Anna B

Alice's cakes are DELICIOUS, her prices are very reasonable, and she is kind and easy to work with.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Mary B

Alice was so easy to work with and the cake was delicious. We got in for a tasting and consultation very easily and had a blast trying all her different flavors and looking through her past cake albums for ideas. She helped us figure out what we liked and let us customize the... Read More size, decorations, and even different layers of flavors all in one cake. She was up front with her prices so there were no hidden surprises and she delivered right to our venue so we didn't have to worry about picking it up and storing it before the wedding. And the cake? Oh the cake was delicious, so much so that we almost ran out at the reception from people taking multiple pieces to try all the flavors. We couldn't wait for the full year to eat the cake top so it's already been eaten after barely a month married but I'm not worried. I'll just order a fresh top layer for our anniversary, probably for as long as we live in this city.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Megan E

Alice has the most amazing cakes! I couldn't have asked for anyone easier to work with or a more delicious cake! It was so beautiful too!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Cassandra G

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! It was even more perfect than I could have imagined. We were referred to Alice by a friend and we are so glad we chose her to do our wedding cake! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Erica W

Our cake turned out beautifully. We had taken online photos of the cake we wished to have (a rustic tree stump with initials carved into the side), and Alice was able to replicate this very nicely. She was easy to work with and quick to respond to any emails. Cake tasted... Read More really good, lots of compliments from the guests.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Chelsea H

Alice was so incredibly wonderful. We met with her once, tasted her flavors and have her a basic idea of what we wanted and she delivered above and beyond our expectations. She was so easy to work with. She worked with my venue to deliver the cake and get it set up so that I... Read More didn't even have to think about that detail. She was like a magic cake fairy who snuck in with delicious sweets in the night. We cannot thank her enough or recommend her more highly! Oh and the White raspberry cake is amazing!!