Alicia Oblander Photography + Short Films

Alicia specializes in photojournalism and video documentaries for weddings, shooting in a laid-back manner while creating an poetic visual narrative. Light, composition, and every unique moment are the driving forces in her imagery, as well at the deep responsibility of beautifully capturing what will become your most cherished family heirlooms.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Cleveland and Akron (216) 777-9251

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Julia F

Working with Alicia for our wedding day was a pleasure! My wife and I hired her as a solo photographer on Aug 8th, 2015, and she was very relaxed, professional, and a lot of fun to be around. Her personality was perfect for collaborating with our ideas and the resulting photos... Read More certainly prove her talented eye. Hire her! You won't regret it.

A joy to work with!

Reviewed on 1/23/2015 Ariela B

Alicia Oblander is a phenomenal photographer! My wedding took place many states away from where I live and I was coordinating across multiple time zones. Alicia was easy to communicate with and answered all my questions. We had a small intimate wedding and I wanted to have the... Read More ceremony at sunset. Alicia took this on and impressed me with how quickly and comfortably she handled the changing light and the challenge of shooting family portraits (including a two-year old!). Alicia captured genuinely beautiful moments for me and my family. What I appreciated most is that she put everyone at ease which allowed us to be ourselves. We received gorgeous pictures that we will cherish forever. She is a true professional and I would not hesitate to hire her again. -Ariela

10/10, Would hire again instantly

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 E A

Alicia was so nice and professional. The photos she took are all excellent, and me and my husband are some of the most unphotogenic people ever, so that's really saying something. During the ceremony we completely forgot she was there because she was so unobtrusive, and we still... Read More got really good shots! She was very easy to get in touch with and communicate with, provided clear pricing with multiple options to get exactly what we wanted, and was overall fantastic to work with.

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Jonathon T

This review is LONGGGG overdue. Alicia is a photographer & fellow vendor that we have worked on many weddings together. I was always impressed with her professionalism & attention to detail on the wedding day. She has a flare for creative shots as well, which made her an... Read More excellent addition to any wedding we were at. She is so kind, a gentle soul, creative, & a lot of fun to be around. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Danielle F

What can I say, Alicia is amazing. Not only is she incredibly easy to work with, her attention to detail really shows through in the results. We had her photograph our wedding and take some shots of us getting our marriage license. I could not be happier! She managed to capture... Read More the day beautifully. Our wedding video was brilliant as well. She was patient as I asked her to tweak certain things over and over, and even after that she did a little extra work to make sure we had the best video possible. The time she took to perfect it was well worth the effort because our video looks like a short film about some cool people in love, how she managed to make us look that good I'll never know lol. But working with Alicica was one of the best choices we made during the process!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Megan D

Alicia is an amazing, talented, and creative photographer, with a wonderful eye for detail. She is a dream to work with and knows how to roll with the punches. She made myself and my husband feel so comfortable in front of the camera. And, her rates are much lower than many... Read More others in the business! Thank you, Alicia, for capturing so many special moments. We'll be sure to tell all of our friends and family about you! ^_^

Reviewed on 2/19/2016 Alyssa T

Let me save you time in your search for a wedding photographer… the name is Alicia Oblander! Great to work with and the final product is truly amazing. We have shared our pictures and videos with countless people and they always ask, who was your photographer? I love it! I would... Read More recommend Alicia for your big day and for any future photo/video needs. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Erin D

Just had our wedding in October and we are SO happy with our photos/video! Alicia is incredibly talented and personable. She did a great job with our pictures and was so easy to work with! She captured our special day perfectly and we are thrilled with everything!

Absolutely Amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Tammy D

Alicia was wonderful to work with!!! Her eye for what is going to work makes her one of a kind. I cried while reviewing the pictures because it was like I was back reliving every moment of our wedding again. I definitely recommend her!

AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER!

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Lisa Z

Alicia is SO unbelievably talented!! She was SUCH a pleasure to work with. Alicia has all the qualities of a professional while being SUPER friendly & nice :) I will always work with Alicia if I ever need pictures as well as refer her to ALL my friends!!! She captures the... Read More moments and the pictures are SO clear, it is unreal! THANK YOU Alicia for making our day even more special and stress-free!!!!!!! GO BOOK HER NOW BRIDES!

Alicia Oblander

In 2009 Alicia earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in photography. While attending the Cleveland Institute of Art she discovered a strong interest in portraiture and documenting the many genres of human life. She has been photographing professionally since 2011 and spent 6 years living in San Francisco before returning back to her roots. Currently she resides in Lakewood, Ohio. When she's not shooting weddings, Alicia does family portraits, events, editorial, and commercial photography. When she's not working she's still taking photos, kayaking, riding her Miyata road bike, or making pizza