Capturing elegant weddings and stunning couples

On my way home from every wedding, I always have a similar feeling of excitement and joy for my couples. A wedding is a journey that should be enjoyed. I feel so fortunate my couples trust me to be such an important part of their wedding story. Through candid moments, details, stunning portraits, and everything in between, your wedding will be a true reflection of who you are and your love for each other, and everyone around you. I get to know you, your interests, style, and often feel like we have been friends forever. I'm a team player and enjoy working with other vendors to make your wedding truly spectacular. I would love for you to reach out to me so we can chat more about your wedding day.

Artistic, Classic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles and Worldwide

Reviewed on 7/05/2013 Danielle P

Allison is amazing at her job. She certainly has a talent and an eye for capturing the best photos possible. We were on a tight schedule since we had to be out of the Church by a certain time and we had MANY pictures that we wanted to take with our families. Allison did such an... Read More amazing job at organizing everyone and making it run unbelievably smooth. WE got all the shots we wanted and were out with over 10 minutes to spare. She is great on directing everyone to get the shot she knows will work best. Her turn around on the pictures is so much faster than other photographers that I have heard about. She even sends you a few shots within 24 hours on Facebook.

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 5/24/2013 Kelly M

Allison was the most amazing photographer for our special day! She met with us multiple times prior to our wedding to lay out our plans. She was professional and answered all my dad's annoying questions. Allison was always available when I had additional questions and the day of... Read More everything went flawlessly! Her assistant did great with the boys ahead of time and she made it so much fun! We've seen some preview shots and i cannot wait to see the rest! The quality and love she puts into her work is clearly visable. Thank you Allison for making our day memorable!!!

Awesome Photographer

Reviewed on 2/22/2013 Brisette M

I had a wonderful experience with Allison Maginn Photography. We hired her for our wedding and engagement shoot. Allison is very friendly and easy to work with. She is very organized and made sure everything went smoothly. She is also very detailed and responds very quickly to... Read More emails, which I really appreciated. Our pictures turned out AMAZING and so did our Album! Her prices are also very reasonable especially for the quality of photos and service she provides. I would highly recommend Allison Maginn Photography to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. My Husband and I we very happy with her and all our wedding photos! A++++

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Sheida V

Allison was recommended by my wedding coordinator and I am so glad she was. She exceed our expectations with her attention to detail and her on-time delivery. Allison captured all the special moments and intricate details of our wedding day. We are so glad she was our... Read More photographer!

Amazingly Talented Photographer

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Alice M

Allison and Jason did an amazing job shooting our wedding in August! I recommend her to anyone who is getting married and wants to have great memories to look back on and cherish!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

If you don't want beautiful, classic, timeless wedding photographs, then don't hire Allison. If you don't want a talented professional AND very personal service, then don't hire Allison. If you want someone to not show up or care about nothing for the most important day in your... Read More life... then don't hire Allison... Because she's all things awesome. =D

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

She was the photographer for my daughter's wedding. She was present, as in "in the moment" for all vital shots, and many shots we didn't even know we had to have. Working with her was easy and took so much stress off the bride and, of course, the mother of the bride. I will... Read More be eternally thankful we hired her.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Kipp P

Words cannot explain what an amazing woman and photographer Allison is! From our initial meeting she was professional but still kind. She was very interested in any details for our big day, and on the actual day she kept a very simple timeline going to help myself and my... Read More bridesmaids get to the venue at the right time. Our photos were fantastic, but that is only half the equation in my opinion. Her personality, her style, and her demeanor are the perfect compliment to a well planned wedding. She was able to take the shots I really wanted, but bend a little when some of my family members wandered off and couldn't be found. She is a very lighthearted person, very bubbly, and an excellent photographer. Every person in our wedding party and family got along well with her.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Natalie L

Allison is fantastic!! Though our wedding hasn't happened yet (March 2016 is our date) she has taken our engagement photos and it was amazing!! Throughout the whole process Allison has been attentive, organized and the best part, fun! She has made us feel so comfortable and... Read More even while in front of the camera, natural. Which doesn't always happen for me :) I cannot wait for her to shoot our wedding in a few months!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Lisa G

Allison is an amazing and talented photographer! She captured some of the most beautiful moments at our wedding that we will cherish always. The pictures truly came out better than we could have expected. She also did our engagement photos which were equally stunning. Allison... Read More is easy to work with and makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera. I cannot say enough good things about her and I am so glad she was our photographer!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

What a joy to work with Allison. She fit right in with our scene, was totally easygoing yet confident, and made magic memories for us. My groom and family all commented how great she was to have there, and how glad they were we got to have her photograph our special day. She is... Read More incredibly thoughtful and absolutely blew us away going above and beyond. The only trouble was, having way too many gorgeous, once in a lifetime shots, and not being able to decide which to frame!!! :) Thank you Allison!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Allison has an eye for details. Her photos are stunning, timeless and elegant. Her wedding photography not only captures the emotion of all parties involved, it does so with timeless class infused in each photo. From a personal standpoint, Allison is a joy to work with and is... Read More always willing to go the extra mile to ensure her clients' needs and expectations are far exceeded. That's a quality you can't place a value on!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Lara B

Allison is amazing, and we loved working with her on our engagement photos! Having never posed for professional pictures before, we were nervous and didn't know what to expect, but her kindness and confidence made us completely comfortable, and she was able to bring out our... Read More best in the pictures. She has an incredible ability to capture the emotions and feelings behind the photos, and we are so grateful for what she did for us. The artistry, heart and soul she puts into her work is visible and affecting, and she will make your photos come to life and sparkle with the spirit of your event! Love her!

We loved Allison

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Susie M

Allison captured our day beautifully! She is incredibly professional,she really listened to what we wanted (and didn't want), and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. I am thrilled that our wedding planner connected us to her. Her photos are stunning! Five stars for... Read More Allison. I definitely recommend her!

Allison is the best!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Nicole K

We booked Allison to take our engagement photos as well as wedding photos and the images she captured were absolutely amazing. She was recommended to us by our videographer based on her great personality so we decided to meet with her and check out her work. She went out of her... Read More way to come to our house for the meeting and her personality sold us immediately but on top of that her pictures were amazing and we knew we had found the right photographer for us. For our engagement photos she accomodated us by coming to our home to capture some images of us with our dog and then went to the location of our choice. It was amazing of her to go above and beyond like that! The images she captured at our wedding were absolutely stunning. She brought our day back to life and captured all of those special moments. My family and friends all complemented us on how wonderful our photographer was. I still have not picked out photos for our wedding album because there are so many good ones and I just can't narrow it down. We can't wait to blow up some of these photos as well to hang in our home. Allison is incredibly talented and goes above and beyond for her clients. She was an absolute pleasure to work with.

Allison Maginn is an incredible photographer!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 nicole s

Allison is beyond amazing - her work speaks for itself! We got married in August and prior to booking Allison I looked at upwards of 15 photographers scrutinizing their work - all the top ones on every wedding website and I'm so beyond thrilled that we went with Allison.... Read More Allison's style, creativity, professionalism, prompt responses, accountability and willingness to go above and beyond (surveying venue, looking through a million of my pinned Pinterest pics to replicate the ones I wanted, staying past the booked wedding time and being prepared with random things like scissors), was simply amazing. She captured our wedding photos and our engagement photos with such an unbelievable eye. There are subtle moments she photographed and it really made the expression, "a picture is worth a thousand words" ring true. She's worth her weight in gold - 100% book her now if you want someone who is seasoned and extremely talented at her craft. On the day itself, she brought her second photog Robert and he is equally as skilled and talented and there is consistency across all our photos, which is really key in telling the story of your big day from a style POV. I highly recommend Allison if you're trying to capture the magic of a wedding or any other big event/moment. I'm sure we'll be using her again someday to capture more memories. Thank you Allison for getting us these gorgeous photos so quickly -- our family and friends can't stop raving about how great you are!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Kiko S

Allison is personable, a great listener - and took the time to get to know us so she could take engagement and wedding photos that reflected our taste. We enjoyed working with her and her team - and now, going through the wedding pics - they caught some hilarious candid... Read More moments! Allison was exactly what we were looking for - highly recommended!

Allison is the best wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Amy T

Full disclosure...I have known Allison since the 8th grade, however, I would not have hired Allison if I didn't think she was a fantastic wedding photographer. I had been a bridesmaid in one of the wedding's Allison shot a year before my own so I was able to see first hand... Read More how detail oriented and seamlessly she worked. When it came to choosing a photographer, Allison was a no-brainer because I knew she took amazing photos and, above all else, I knew I could trust her in capturing the biggest day of my life. From the beginning, through planning engagement photos, to the wedding and even creating an album, Allison was a dream to work with. She really listened to the vibe we were going for and made a lot of suggestions that I never would have thought about. She constantly reiterated that these were our pictures and she wanted them to be exactly what we wanted. Before our wedding day, Allison and I had an extensive conversation about the types of pictures we wanted, the various family members we wanted in pictures and the types of candid pictures I wanted of my husband and his 3 brothers throughout the day. On the day of our wedding Allison was a bride's dream! She effortlessly fit into the background so you didn't feel like you constantly had a camera in your face. When it came to family pictures, she took charge and made sure everyone was in their spots and that everyone looked good, no awkward spaces or poses! As a bride who just wanted to enjoy the day, it was SO nice having Allison take charge of organizing the wedding party and family members to make sure we stuck to the timeline and got all of the pictures we had previously discussed. I really didn't have to worry about anything. My parents had secretly planned for the USC Marching Band to show up at our cocktail hour. Allison was the only other person, besides my parents, who knew and needless to say my husband and I were very surprised. She was able to capture the entire sequence of the surprise without missing a beat and they are some of my favorite pictures. The day after our wedding we left for our honeymoon in Europe and when we landed I had received a "sneak peek" collage of pictures from Allison. It was SO nice to be able to see some of the first pictures of our day so soon after. A few days after that (maybe 4 days after our actual wedding) we received a slideshow of pictures and every time I look at it I cry! Again, not having to wait weeks, or even months, for a taste of your wedding pictures is such a treat! We received the entire album of our pictures (all 1200 of them) roughly a month after our wedding. We were beyond thrilled with how they turned out and there isn't 1 picture I wish we had taken but didn't. Allison had thought of it all and captured everything so beautifully. Downloading and printing pictures has been a breeze and even selecting pictures for our album was a lot less painful than I imagined. Allison really does make the process as easy and as fun as possible. I can't recommend Allison highly enough. If you are looking for an amazing wedding photographer that you can trust and make your wedding day as easy and seamless as possible, you need to book Allison. As I said earlier, even if Allison wasn't a friend, I still would have hired her in a heartbeat. Her work speaks for itself and she really is such a pleasure to deal with during, what can be, such a stressful time.

Captured our perfect day perfectly!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Meggan T

Our wedding photos look amazing and Allie did an incredible job telling the story of our perfect day with her photography. She was a delight to work with and made sure we got all of the specific photos we wanted of family and friends a midst all the craziness of that busy day.... Read More Everyone in our family loves our photos from the wedding. We have highly recommended her to all our friends and family.

Capturing our perfect day

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Allison and I have been friends since we were 12 years old. It was incredible to have one of my oldest friends help document our wedding. What struck me about her pictures most was her ability to capture emotion. Getting to look through the images, I truly feel like I am getting... Read More the opportunity to relive the best day of my life. Allison is incredibly talented and a great addition to our wedding. With all of her wedding experience, she was able to guide us and help us stay completely relaxed the whole time. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone who is looking for a talented, professional, and super fun photographer!

Fabulous Photographer / Stunning Photos!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Kathryn Y

Allison's photos of our wedding are stunning! We have received numerous compliments on our photos and several people even said the images brought tears to their eyes. So needless to say we could not be happier in our decision to hire Allison to capture our big day. She was... Read More professional, enthusiastic and made us feel completely comfortable. I know my family and wedding party adored Allison. I would recommend Allison to all my family and friends.

Photo Perfect

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Peggy K

I had the opportunity & pleasure to work with Allison Maginn Photography on a VERY important and special wedding at The Tradition Gold Golf in La Quinta. This was our first wedding together and from the moment we met we were on the same page. Allison is sensitive to time,... Read More knowledgeable, attentive, creative and most of all organized which one needs to be to get the client's full shot list. Allison's portrait shots capture emotion as well as detail. Speaking of details, from tables, to florals, food faire and wedding cake plus dancing the night away, she got it all. I am looking forward to working with Allison again on May 2, 2015 as we are back together at The Tradition Gold Club to once again celebrate love. Allison Maginn Photography is truly...Timeless!

Highest quality wedding photographer

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Kelley M

Allison was a pleasure to work with throughout our wedding process. She was easy to talk to and very responsive while we were planning, friendly and professional on our wedding day, quick to edit and deliver photos post wedding, and the final product was everything we hoped it... Read More would be. She's got a great eye and was able to capture stunning shots of our venue and ceremony as well as the candid shots of our reception that were so important to us. She gets our highest endorsement.

Amazing photographer!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 suzy k

Allison is an absolutely amazing, she took out engagements photos and provided us with the most beautiful pictures. She is very professional, made us feel so comfortable and created such beautiful, natural, stunning images. She has a great talent for finding beautiful light as... Read More well as capturing the natural beauty of her subjects and the surroundings. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and for better photos. I highly recommend her!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

Allison is one of the best wedding photographers I know! Over the last ten years I have been to and in A LOT of weddings. Comparing the photos of all those wedding, Allison's work is hands down the best. As a guest at the wedding she shot, I didn't even notice her there. And... Read More yet, when I saw the photos later there were great photos of everything that occurred, even ones of me I have no idea she had taken. Her subjects always look flawless. She is organized and on her game, but calm and collected, and puts everyone at ease. She knows how to position and make everything just right to ensure everyone looks their best, but without make it seem posed or awkward. If I ever get married, Allison's my photographer for sure!

My passion for photography started when I was a teenager and I studied photography at USC. I started photographing weddings in 2008 and haven't looked back. I love the emotion and excitement in creating stunning images of your wedding. I photograph up to 20 weddings per year, so I can give each of my clients the attention they deserve. I also do all of the editing, client communication, and album designs myself so you know you what to expect when you hire me. Outside of weddings, I love going on adventures with my family- my husband and I have a two year old son and two dog