"Whatever is lovely, think of these things."

More than 8 years of experience, and 255+ weddings. Whimsical and timeless photography that you will treasure for a lifetime!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

297 Prince Ave, Suite 15, Athens, GA Greater Atlanta Area, Available Worldwide (706) 352-9335
INSTAGRAM

Awesome photographer!

Reviewed on 7/22/2015

Alyssa and her assistant were so great on my wedding day from running to the church from the hair salon to pick up my earrings and the groom to organizing the family after the ceremony for pictures. No detail was left unturned. They were both very professional and kind. I let... Read More them do their jobs to the best of their ability, fully trusting that the pictures they took would be spectacular. So far, I've only seen one and it is absolutely stunning. :) I can't wait to see the rest! Alyssa will make sure to capture your special day in the best possible light. She is very talented and made my day very special.

Reviewed on 3/03/2016 Marguerite G

Alyssa is nothing short of amazing. She is a professional and talented photographer who's images took my breath away. I shared with her the feel and aesthetic I wanted for my wedding and the pictures exceeded my expectations! Her creative eye and mind really produced some... Read More incredible images from our special day. I truly couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Sarah P

We could not have had a better experience with Alyssa! She did our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures, so we had a great opportunity to get to know her, get used to working with her, and see how her photos came out. They were so beautiful--soft, intimate, and... Read More romantic while still crisp and colorful. She was easy to work with, both during the photos and via email and text while planning. She always got back to me very quickly, and the turnaround on edited photos was 3 weeks for the wedding and even less for the engagement pictures. She gave us access to our photos in an online gallery, and we could download those photos and post them on Facebook, Instagram, etc. For the wedding photos, she also mailed us a flash drive (and a bottle of champagne!). We have the digital rights to our photos and can use them online, which is great. During the actual photographs, she made us feel at ease, and not awkwardly posed, and she knew how to pose us and use the surroundings to make our pictures come out a lot prettier than we actually are ;). She was good with our family for group photos at the wedding. She sent us a detailed questionnaire prior to the wedding to get an idea of what we wanted, and to get a list of photos, so there was no last-minute scramble to round up the correct family members or fight over who should be in which pictures. I would highly recommend Alyssa to anyone looking for a photographer. We had a low-budget wedding, but we were willing to put some money into photography to make sure we had beautiful keepsakes and memories from what turned out to be a whirlwind of a day. The investment was so worth it. Even my husband, who is an accountant and never lets me spend money, said that she was the right choice.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Katherine B

Alyssa was honestly the best photographer I ever could have asked for. Not only are her photos stunning, but her personality behind the camera brings out the best in everyone she photographs. The moment I met Alyssa, I immediately felt at ease and knew that we would be on the... Read More same page for the type of photos that I wanted for my wedding. Her sense of calmness kept me completely relaxed throughout my entire wedding day and it is evident in the photos that we received. She truly captured my husband and my personality while also capturing the entire spirit of our wedding. Once we received our photos, we were immediately in love with the entire collection. Alyssa never missed a shot and made a point to capture each specific moment that meant the most to me. The final album that Alyssa put together was beyond anything I imagined. In just 20-30 pictures, she was able to sum up what our wedding really meant to us. The time Alyssa takes to get to know a couple, their wish list, and the idiosyncrasies of the wedding is what makes her and her photos stand out above her peers.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Angel J

As someone who has done professional photography, I had very strong opinions about what I wanted and didn't need from my wedding photog. I expected an uphill battle with the poor soul that would end taking the pictures. Boy was I wrong. Alyssa was an absolute delight to work... Read More with. She had really good ideas for the shots and the results left me speechless. Absolutely recommended.

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Mina B

What a great photographer! I should've written this review as soon as we ended our session in November 2016, but she's amazing (I'm plagued with procrastination) . My fiancé and I didn't feel awkward at all. Alyssa was so friendly and easy-going that her vision was so aligned... Read More with ours. It was casual, yet she knew exactly what we were going for and she was extremely efficient. Alyssa is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Abby H

Alyssa was a delight to work with from the first time I reached out to her through getting our photographs back. She is very laid-back, easy to talk to, and exactly the kind of person you want around you all day on your wedding. The photographer will be by your side (almost) as... Read More much as your groom, so you want to make sure you have someone likeable and fun - and Alyssa was definitely that! She was at our rehearsal dinner as well, which gave us the chance to start the wedding weekend off on a more casual note and gave her the opportunity to meet the "key players" :). Alyssa made the entire process easy and made sure everyone was comfortable and happy throughout the process. She was quick to get us a few pictures to post right after the wedding, and we had our entire collection back before a month. The pictures are amazing and truly capture the moments from the entire day. We couldn't be happier with our choice!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Kelly W

Hire Alyssa right away!!! She was wonderful to be around and made me look gorgeous in all the photos! She captured amazing moments even in the low light of the reception/dance floor. I have priceless photos of my groom when he first saw me, my dad and I dancing, and all the... Read More little details that I will cherish forever. She did not miss a single thing. She got us the photos very quickly too! And everyone who met her adored her. Seriously, hire her!!!

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Lindsey W

Alyssa was amazing! She was recommended by a family friend and from day one of meeting her, I knew we had chosen the right photographer! All the pictures from engagement session to the wedding were fabulous! She was so easy to work with! Her skills are amazing and anyone who... Read More gets to work with her is lucky!!

Reviewed on 3/24/2016 Kayelyn S

Alyssa was a great choice of photographer! I am not normally comfortable in front of the camera, but she made it such a fun and enjoyable experience for my husband and I. We got so many great photos from our wedding day! I highly recommend her for anyone looking in the CSRA!

Reviewed on 2/08/2016

Alyssa captures the day of your wedding in a beautifully artistic way. Her style is soft and sophisticated, but also demands your attention. She has an eye for beauty, and captures the unique moments of your wedding day. I cannot recommend working with Alyssa enough. Her... Read More work speaks for itself, and she is a joy to work with!

Excellent photography and services

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Meredith J

Absolutely beautiful wedding photography!!

Alyssa Alig Photography

Reviewed on 7/03/2014 Sarah P

Alyssa was a wonderful photographer. Her pictures for our wedding turned out beautifully. While taking pictures she was very timely and organized! She truly captured the emotions of every moment throughout our special day.

A Very Talented Photographer

Reviewed on 11/03/2012 Lindsey A

Alyssa was great because she really worked within our budget. It is hard to find a good photographer on a budget, and most of them are pretty rigid when it comes to pricing. However, Alyssa was kind enough to work with us and still take gorgeous photos.

Best Photographer!

Reviewed on 6/23/2012 Jill H

I can't gush enough about Alyssa! When we were looking for photographers, it felt like they were all trying to sell us their photo albums, not their photographs. A lot of the time, it seemed like we didn't even get to see a lot of their work. The entire meeting would be about... Read More what colors the albums come in. But not with Alyssa! She sold us her work, not the albums. She had plenty of samples to show us, and answered any questions that we had. I was also really impressed because she is full of great ideas. She made sure that she had a list of photos that we wanted (and double checked that she had them all on the day of the wedding), and was really open to suggestions. But don't worry, if you're like me and have no clue as to what kind of pictures you want, she's full of great ideas for awesome pictures! Alyssa is great to work with, super nice and very professional. She's easy to get a hold of with any questions. And most importantly, her photos will blow you away!

Great photographer!!

Reviewed on 12/12/2011 Judy W

Alyssa was the best! She was very professional and very easy to work with. She captured a lot of nice candid photos in our wedding and did an AWESOME job! I definitely recommend her for any Athens bride looking for a great photographer.

Posed, Candid, and Artistic

Reviewed on 8/14/2011 Katie R

Aside from her awesome at ease personality, she was very professional and took amazing shots. My husband hates having his picture taken, but she was able to calm him down and direct him through some great shots. My bridesmaids and I had some fun ideas and she was more than... Read More willing to play with and different ideas.

Alyssa Alig

My interest in art led me to get my B.A. in Fine Art from the University of Georgia in 2007, and I have been a wedding photographer in Athens and all throughout Georgia ever since. I’ve even gone across the country a time or two! My wedding photography tends to be whimsical yet intimate, and I enjoy capturing couples’ love for one another through quality, classic, romantic photos that will last a lifetime. In order to ensure each couple gets my highest quality work, I only take a certain amount of weddings per year. Please submit your contact information so we can discuss your big day!