Cakes + Desserts

156 Center St, Wallingford, CT (203) 269-9408

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Katie B

I literally use Alyssa for every major event I’ve had in the last five years, and of course used her for my bridal shower and wedding as well. Everything was absolutely gorgeous, the decorations were meticulous, and the cake itself was so delicious! I received so many... Read More compliments on how perfect the cake was! I will never use another baker ❤️

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Kristin R

Alyssa created an absolute masterpiece for our wedding! We only needed a small cutting cake, but she made the most beautiful, and DELICIOUS, two tiered cake that we wished we had gone bigger! From the planning meeting to our first bite, everything was so tasty and well done! She... Read More went above and beyond adding floral accents to our nearly-naked cake; I got endless compliments from guests! I know we are "supposed" to save our cake and eat it next year, but we ate the entire thing and can't wait to order a replica for our first anniversary!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Lauren F

Alyssa made the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake for our big day! Her personality shines through in her work and the taste of her cake was out of this word! She is so easy to plan with, taking our ideas and adding professional suggestions of her own to really make a... Read More standout piece. Her and her work are absolutely amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Emma O

I have never seen a wedding cake table set up more BEAUTIFUL than what Alyssa provided for us! We opted for a small 6 inch cake with multiple flavors of cupcakes for all of our guests to enjoy. They were not only beautiful but SO delicious! Alyssa was such a pleasure to work... Read More with and so very sweet. She was available for any questions we had or last minute changes. I even ended up ordering a Giants grooms cake for my husband which he is still raving and bragging about! I urge you to consider using this bakery for any of your special occasions!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Brittany S

My cake was incredible! Alyssa did exactly what I wanted without question. We had so many compliments on how beautiful AND delicious it was! We didn't even have left overs! I highly recommend working with Alyssa for any occassion!

Best Decision I've Ever Made!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Gina S

I went and met with Alyssa after a few tastings and tons of research. She was instantly my favorite person I had ever met! She was so easy to talk to and easy to work with. My husband couldn't attend the meeting because of recovery from surgery and she made me a sampler to take... Read More home which was above and beyond! She worked with every request we had and her flavor selection was out of this world! We had a jumbo cupcake and mini's instead of a traditional cake and she knocked it out of the park! Luckily her business is down the street from our house and I will be a constant customer for years to come!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Brian M

My wife and I used Alyssa’s Cakery for our outdoor wedding reception on 9/27/2014. From the start, she listened to everything we wanted. After a few taste testings (all of which were delicious), we ended up with 3 cupcake flavors (pumpkin, chocolate squared, and french vanilla)... Read More for our cupcake tower and a different flavor for the little cake on top. When we requested french vanilla, she said she had not made that before, but went ahead and gave us three variations from scratch. Alyssa was with us every step of the way, flexible with any changes we gave her, friendly, and very professional. Cake delivery was early and ready for the reception. Her company provides cupcake towers if needed. We also wanted to get “to-go” boxes for our guests so they could take them home. She found wholesale boxes and provided them when the cake was delivered. The final product was beautiful and delicious. Our guests still talk about their cupcakes. She took into account all of our wedding details and seamlessly created a fantastic dessert that fit our wedding and personalities. We loved our red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and cannot wait to thaw it out for our 1 year anniversary.

Grooms cake

Reviewed on 4/11/2014 Rebecca B

Alyssa made a grooms cake for me for the rehearsal dinner. It was amazing! My guests and husband both loved it! She did an amazing job with the design and the cake was delicious. She goes above and beyond to make it what you want and is so easy and fun to work with!

Yummy!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Amanda C

We chose Alyssa because she is a family friend, and because she is extremely talented! Any bride looking for a cake in Connecticut should call up Alyssa right away! First, she is the sweetest person you could ever hope to work for. She loves what she does, and her enthusiasm... Read More helps to make you feel completely at ease about the process. She's very professional and organize - all we had to do was choose what we wanted and she did the rest! And, best of all, her prices are reasonable! Second, her cakes are DELICIOUS! We went with cupcakes for our wedding and then a small cake to cut. She made coconut, red velvet, carrot, and marble cupcakes and a funfetti cake for us. Everything was perfect! People were going back for thirds! And many took extra cupcakes home at the end of the night. Third, her displays are beautiful. She matched the frosting of the cupcakes to our color scheme so that they were a dusty lavender. Beautiful! She also put the cupcakes on an adorable birch, tiered stand. It was perfect! When we entered the ballroom at the wedding, they definitely made a statement. I've also seen many of Alyssa's wedding cakes, and they are really amazing. She is incredibly creative with her decorating! She also makes cake pops that are ridiculous. She made them for my bridal shower and no one could stop eating them! What else is there to say? If you're looking for a wedding cake, book her!

PERFECTION!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2012 Evelyn N

My wedding cake was PERFECT! I shared my ideas and "vision" with Alyssa and she created exactly what I wanted! The cake was also VERY delicious!!! The cookies & cream filling was a hit with our guests!

OMG

Reviewed on 10/23/2010 Melissa S

Alyssa's Cakery worked hand in hand with my husband and I to build a custom cake stand that held our cupcakes and 6" cake for cutting!!! Our cake was themed around a birch tree with the stand painted as a tree and the cupcakes (flavors: red velvet, strawberry, funfetti(my... Read More husbands fav), and marbel) had green frosting to look like leaves with sparatic purple cala lilies and orchids. It was absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our top tier (6" cake) was painted with edible paint to match our stand!!! She is so creative and very professional!