Cuisine

Gluten Free

Buffet, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Food + Catering, Service Staff

1141 Elden Street,, Herndon, VA DC Metropolitan Area (703) 938-3800

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Brad P

Easily one of the best choices we made in our whole wedding planning saga was to hire Amphora Catering. Xochitl was an absolute rock star. Not only did she cover with the traditional food, table, chair, and china choices, but she helped us figure out exactly how the evening... Read More should flow, the best way to flip the room from ceremony to reception, where the buffet should go, etc., even going as far as to send us pictures of other weddings she worked at our venue in the meantime so we could see different options in the space itself. On the food side of things, I can’t count the number of complements we got. Everyone loved the creativity and selection Amphora offered, and the cake balls disappeared in the blink of an eye! The staff working the day-of were equally amazing. They helped set up the space before the ceremony, made us plates so we didn’t forget to eat, guided guests through the buffet line, as a few examples of the many ways their hard work made our wedding perfect. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Stefanie R

We had the opportunity to work with Xochitl at Amphora and she truly made our wedding magical. She worked so hard to make sure everything was exactly as we wanted it. Many of our guests commented on how awesome the food was. Thanks for everything!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Kristen H

I cannot recommend Amphora enough! They were one of many caterers on our venue's preferred list. They were by far the easiest to work with! Very quick response times, and knowledgeable and professional staff! We had a super small wedding (19 total) and honestly had a hard time... Read More with several vendors giving us the time of day. Not the case with Amphora! We had such a fun time at our tasting, picking out our menu with Candace. Our wedding was this past Friday and everything was amazing!! We ran super behind schedule and I was worried about how they would keep our food fresh and tasting good, but they clearly know what they are doing! Their staff at our wedding were great, and everything was just perfect!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 valerie k

I have no hesitation in recommending Amphora Catering. Their food and presentation were delicious and we continue to get so many compliments from our guests...I mean mini chicken&waffle hors d'oeuvres?? amazing. There was a change in the lead catering manager a few weeks prior... Read More to my wedding but Amphora promised a seamless transition and delivered, Ali was great to work with and really looked for ways to improve my experience and she accomplished that! While there was a slight hiccup with the wine not immediately being served with dinner, Amphora quickly recovered and got the wine served by the time the entrees came out. From the tasting to the planning meeting to the actual wedding, Amphora was a pleasure to work with and afforded myself and my guests a wonderful experience.

No regrets

Reviewed on 2/24/2015 A H

We got married on Saturday, August 30, 2014 at Oxon Hill Manor. Amphora catering did a great job catering my wedding. I worked mostly with Marcelo and then Munira closer to the wedding. They consistently were very professional and I never doubted their capabilities. They... Read More executed our contract exactly as agreed upon. I received no complaints about their service from my wedding guests. Originally I was going to hire a smaller catering company but realized that I was better off paying more for a full service caterer. I do not regret this decision. Munira quickly adapted to an issue that occurred at the venue (that was of no fault of theirs) and handled the pressure very well. I have much respect for vendors in the wedding business who maintain their professionalism from the moment of first contact through to the end of the wedding. Working with Amphora was a breeze and I wish I chose them originally.

Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Traci S

Munira and crew were AWESOME to work with. They were professional and fun. She gave me great suggestions and went above and beyond to make sure that everything went smoothly and my guests were happy. They raved about the food. Will def use them again!

Great food, poor communication

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Jill M

We loved the presentation and the food itself at our wedding. There were no issues with the catering that I was aware of on the day. We did find that the communication when we had questions more than a week before the wedding was below par. I wanted to get a lot of details... Read More squared away early, and there were many emails that we never got a response to. I know we were only one of many events to the company, but when you're paying someone over $10,000 for food, I'd expect a little customer service on top of the food itself. Overall, it was fine, but they did cause us some stress leading up to the day.

Food that is truly fantastic - Guests were raving!

Reviewed on 5/25/2014 Kerstin R

Amphora catering was by far the most incredible tasting food I ever had at a wedding, and luckily it was mine! By far, I had guests going back for seconds on the Buffet, they couldn't get enough! Amphora work with you from day one, setting up your tasting session, and working... Read More with you regarding your numbers all the way up to presenting the food so beautifully and with great taste on your wedding day!~ even ordered box lunches for my bridal team, while doing hair and makeup - gourmet to a tee! We also used their Bakery for the wedding cake! Class act company - they know their job and do it very well! Highly recommend!

Patricia rocks! Thanks Amphora!

Reviewed on 12/19/2013

Amphora catered our wedding at the Winery at Bull Run in October 2013. The food was truly amazing! Our guests loved the meal and all of the appetizers! We could not have been happier with Amphora Catering. One of the biggest reasons for that was our coordinator, Patricia... Read More from Amphora, she is incredible!! She made our entire catering process so simple and she was on top of every detail. She provided guidance and advice to help us make our catering decisions, but always highlighted that our wedding was for us and she was willing to make anything happen. She was incredibly responsive and very engaged in our planning process. Thank you Patricia!

Amphora made my wedding wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/15/2013 Pamela H

We used Amphora as our caterer for our wedding at the Winery at Bull Run in June. To say that Amphora went above and beyond our expectations would be a vast understatement. Angela and her team were professional, efficient, and easy to work with from the first tasting. They had... Read More wonderful suggestions and their primary goal was always to give Lou and I the wedding we wanted. They worked their tails off the day of the wedding in non-ideal conditions, but their staff were highly efficient, professional and also unobtrusive. The food was wonderful! We had a selection of passed and plated appetizers during the cocktail hour. We are still hearing rave reviews from our guests! Amphora also set up a really cute Sangria station in addition to the bar. They also handled making all of the place cards, and all I had to do was provide the names and table assignments. We had a selection of three plated dinners at the reception: beef, chicken, and pasta. All of them were excellent and we couldn't have been happier. Not only was the food wonderful, but they also provided a number of unique touches. For example, they set up citrus water and tea at the outdoor wedding site. This helped keep everyone cool and refreshed while waiting for the ceremony to start. Amphora catering is the primary reason my wedding day was so wonderful and stress-free. My husband and I HIGHLY recommend Angela and her staff to anyone who is looking for a caterer.

So helpful!

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Lariah P

We were on a tight budget, but Marcelo worked our "light hors d'oeuvre" reception so it was as cheap as we could get. The food, from the little I had (I danced all night lol), tasted amazing, and his tables and tablecloths completely transformed the room. Amphora Catering was... Read More just THE best I could have found.

Food is fabulous

Reviewed on 8/10/2011 Kelly C

Amphora is one of my favorite restaurants. They are always wonderful.

2011-08-17T13:52:18 Response from the vendor

On behalf of Amphora we are so happy to hear that you enjoy our restaurants! Just to clarify and clear up any confusion for other brides and brides-to-be, Amphora has two restaurants, but we also have a full service Catering Team that is a total... Read Less Read More