All cakes are not created equal

Amy Beck Cake Design is a luxury, custom cake company based in Chicago. Amy Beck is passionate about creating couture works of art for weddings and special occasions. We continually introduce new designs displayed in our studio and frequently showcased in magazines. Our cakes are made of the finest, natural ingredients to ensure every client receives a delicious, visual work of art.

Dietary Options

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

636 N. Racine Ave., Chicago, IL (312) 545-3655

Reviewed on 11/25/2017 Victoria P

My wedding cake from Amy from Amy Beck Cake Design was PHENOMENAL! I cannot say enough wonderful things about my wedding cake! Working with Amy was a delight, and she helped bring my dream come true! I came across Amy’s cakes during a Chicago bridal walk, and I instantly knew... Read More I had to have her design my cake. She based my cake off of the intricate lace designs on my dress, and they couldn’t have matched any better! It was even more beautiful than I ever could have imagined! The tasting was a blast where my husband, mom, and I got to match different frostings to different cakes! Our cake that we saved for a year later truly tasted just as delicious as it did for our wedding! I loved Amy’s cakes so much that she designed for me a Chief Illiniwek cake for my husband as a surprise for our rehearsal dinner! Her work is pure perfection and art, and I absolutely cannot wait to have her design and create cakes for future special occasions!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Marissa G

Amy Beck was amazing to work with! We loved our wedding cake and cake pop guest favors! I would recommend Amy Beck Cakes to anyone looking for a delicious wedding cake and a talented and professional baker.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Caitlin M

Everything about working with Amy and her team was fabulous! When I originally went looking for cakes for our wedding, my main goal was to get something that tasted as good as it looked and Amy and her team definitely achieved that! My husband was blown away by the design (it... Read More was a surprise) and it was so delicious that we had almost no cake left left.

Reviewed on 2/23/2018 Sarah M

Amy was absolutely awesome to work with, from the tasting to day of wedding! She was very responsive and even made a last minute change for us. The cake was delicious and we received so many compliments on it throughout the night. I would highly recommend reaching out to Amy... Read More for your wedding cake.

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Cearry S

Amy was such a delight to work with. She was so hospitable and assured me my wedding cake was going to turn out amazing, and it did. Our cake was so beautiful and also delicious.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 TJ K

I can not say enough about the amazing experience I had working with Amy! We worked with her on creating a "groom's cake" for my now husband that was Cubs themed. It turned out beautiful and it was the talk of the wedding! The detail she included was impeccable and she worked... Read More with me to add elements to it that was unique for us. Every aspect of the process with her was fantastic. The tasting was so fun and everything was delicious! She listed to our ideas on both what the cake should look like and different flavor combinations and created the perfect end product. I would 100% work with Amy again and highly recommend her for anything you are thinking of!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Marisa D

Working with Amy Beck was one of our favorite experiences of our wedding year. We loved the process and had an amazing time choosing our flavors. The cake was absolutely stunning and completely aligned with our vision. Thank you, Amy!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Ingrid T

AMAZING, book her now!!! Amy made my cake come to life, it was completely gorgeous and tasted delicious. I was so attentive to detail for my entire wedding so my vendors had to match my own attention to detail. Amy Beck Cake Design is the easiest, most beautiful delicious... Read More decision you will make. She is completely professional and more importantly personable. As a client she makes you feel comfortable and allows for you to ask questions as many times as you want. I told her my vision once and she ran with it and made my dream come to life. She is amazing and I look forward to using her for future major events. Thanks again to you and your team Amy!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Fallon P

Amy made our cake for our September 2017 wedding, and we couldn't be happier with the results. The design and taste were exactly what I was looking for, and for a very reasonable price! Amy's team executed perfectly, and I'd highly recommend her for your wedding cake needs.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Katie S

I was referred to Amy Beck Cake design and from the moment we started our cake tasting appointment I knew she was the one to do our wedding cake. Not only do her cakes look beautiful but they taste amazing! We were able to select a few of her previous designs and customize for... Read More the look we were wanting to do. We loved how you could mix and match different flavors and when we inquired about a flavor she didn't have- she took the time to see if she had it and brought it out. She was patient with us during the cake tasting process as we asked questions to determine our final selections. We received so many compliments at the wedding on the beautiful look but also how great the cake tasted. Our flavor combination of devils food cake with salted caramel and chocolate buttercream was a big hit!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Danielle S

Can't say enough great things about my experience with Amy! My husband and I just loved our delicious and beautiful cake! It was very unique, with a light passion fruit flavor (trust me, amazing). Our guests are still talking about the cake--there were no leftovers because so... Read More many people asked for seconds! It also was beautiful and unique, with live flowers and rose gold decor. To top it all off, Amy is just a lovely, kind person who really added to our wedding experience.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Lauren C

We had an amazing experience working with Amy Beck Cake Design for our wedding. Vanessa was so helpful in guiding us through the tasting process, and we loved that we were able to use two flavor/filling combinations (which I enjoyed both of at our reception)! They even allowed... Read More us to ship our custom cake topper directly to the bakery for safe keeping and to eliminate any need for us to make an extra trip. The finished product matched our vision (and venue) perfectly! We highly recommend Amy Beck to everyone!

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Hayley S

Amy helped me surprise my husband with a 3-D airplane-shaped groom's cake for our wedding. She was very responsive and worked with me to make my vision a reality (and within my budget). The design was perfect and the cake was absolutely delicious!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Renee P

The cake Amy did for our baby's gender reveal party, a 3-tiered cake with superheroes and princesses, was AMAZING!!! We only told her our favorite characters, and let her come up with the best artistic style. The cake perfectly tied into our theme, and the guests were raving... Read More about it. Not to mention the taste. Lots of people had multiple slices. I had enough to take home as well, which made my preggo self very happy!! I still get happy thinking about the chocolate devil’s food cake with Salted Caramel buttercream...mmmmm!!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Karen S

I never imagined that tasting and creating a wedding cake could be so much fun, but Vanessa at Amy Beck Cake Design did it! The shop is beautiful; full of all kinds of sample cakes and designs. My daughter came with some ideas, but the examples in the shop helped her and her... Read More fiancé visualize their concept. Every flavor of cake and frosting we tried were wonderful. It was really hard to decide, but Vanessa helped us through that part of the decision as well sketching-out the final design. Since Amy Beck Cake Design is a preferred supplier with our venue, I did not have to think about the cake again after we completed the contract. The venue even posted a picture of our beautiful cake through Instagram right after the wedding! I highly recommend Amy Beck Cake Design for a wedding cake or any other celebration where you want a tasty, custom-designed cake.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Meredith B

We had the most delicious wedding cake ever from Amy Beck! The cake tasting and selection was a highlight of our planning. The ordering process was simple and they staff was great to work with. There was a great selection of flavors. On the day of our wedding, the cake arrived... Read More with no issues and we enjoyed it so much! We definitely recommend Amy Beck Cake Design for your wedding day. (Married Oct 2016)

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Maria W

OUTSTANDING!! Second cake they have done for our family. We would not use anyone else ! Not only a gorgeous cake on the outside, but a wonderful tasting cake! Which is so unusual for wedding cake. These cakes make you want to go back for seconds. There are such a variety of... Read More flavors too. It is a really fun tasting! Amy created hand painted watercolor flowers and leaves that where on the cake which surrounded the custom monogram we had made, the cake was accented with fresh flowers which Amy coordinated with the florist. Who else would go to such detail? Only Amy Beck Cake Design! The watercolor flowers Amy created for the cake was so beautiful, and my daughter loved it SO MUCH, it was used for the church programs and the table menus! A true artist! The Grooms mother and many of our guests had gluten allergies, and Amy Beck was able to have gluten free cake for that those who needed it they were raving about! There was a storm the night of my daughters wedding and in the rush to leave the planner never took the top of the cake, my husband never tried it, I felt awful! I called Amy Beck Cake Design and they were so wonderful to us and gave us a small cake for our family to have when my daughter and new son in law came home from their honeymoon. How many businesses would do that? I can't say enough about our experience with Amy Beck personally, her staff, and Amy Beck Cake Design. If you want to be sure you are getting an outstanding, memorable, great tasting, and beautiful cake use Amy Beck. Once we picked flavors, set the design and ordered, we didn't have to give it a second thought. They are the best! Amy Beck Cake Design is Chicago's BEST!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Alexis L

Amazing cake! Amazing process and attention to detail! I even ordered a special birthday cake from them months after the wedding... our friends and family are still raving about our cakes!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jennifer D

As soon as we did our tasting with Vanessa, we knew Amy Beck was going to be the ones to design our cake. I came to Vanessa with a specific design in mind and Vanessa assured me the cake would be the vision I had dreamed of. Throughout the entire process, Vanessa offered... Read More suggestions such as our cake topper to make sure it fit the look I wanted & was extremely easy to work with! When I saw my wedding cake on the day of the wedding, I instantly ran to my photographer to make sure they took tons of pictures & looked for my husband to tell him how perfect it looked! They had put my precise vision into something absolutely perfect! I should also mention besides the design it was absolutely delicious! My friends are still telling me how awesome my cake is. I would HIGHLY recommend Amy Beck & Vanessa for an incredible wedding or special occasion cake!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Elia J

Amy designed my cake according to my vision and it couldn't have been more perfect. She was so easy to work with. The tasting was such a great experience and she had so many delicious options. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Dawn D

Amy Beck Cake is the only place you need to go for your cake!!! If you want the perfect tasting and perfectly decorated cake your search is over!! I wanted the perfect cake both presentation and tasting, I wish I had just gone her first. Amy Beck Cake designed the most... Read More

delicious and flawless and beautiful cake and petit fours I have ever seen!! I was simply blown away and speechless by the beauty of our cake!! THANK YOU AMY BECK CAKE!!!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Tamara O

We worked with Vanessa who was wonderful! She helped create my vision and emailed me back promptly. Amy beck helped add our dog on the back of the cake which everyone loved. The flavors were awesome and difficult to just pick two! We can't wait to eat our anniversary cake....no... Read More other cake place to go to!!

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Dan R

Working with Amy was fantastic from start to finish. During our tasting, she was very collaborative in helping us find something that was right for us--very tricky since my wife and I have essentially opposite dessert tastes. Once we found a cake flavor that worked well for... Read More both of us (almond!), Amy was extremely helpful in advising us on what flavors of buttercream would complement it the best, how many tiers, etc. Amy was also very accommodating when we requested that the almonds in the cake be ground up more finely, so that the cake wouldn't be crunchy. The eventually result was a tiramisu-inspired cake with delicious cappuccino/almond flavor that both we and our guests loved. It was really, really delicious--and we couldn't have put it together without Amy's help. We are counting down the days until we can unfreeze and try it again in a year!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Stuart C

Amy Beck made the best tasting cake I have ever had, and I consider myself to be a dessert connoisseur! I was hooked after the tasting, but the final product was much better than I ever imagined. She also was willing to deliver the cake to my destination which was a bit out... Read More of the way. Very good customer service. The cake design was beautiful! I have had many compliments. She created a lace pattern to mimic that on my dress. Each tier was a different flavor- all winners: vanilla cake w/ strawberry buttercream, devils food cake w/ salted caramel buttercream and red velvet cake w/ cream cheese frosting, all wrapped in fondant and decorated beautifully. The entire process was easy, from the online booking of the tasting, to the design and cake ordering, and paying online. I loved this cake so much, I am trying to find an excuse to order another one, without getting divorced, of course!

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 ChicagoBride B

My husband and I were so happy with our wedding cake from Amy Beck! The cake was absolutely delicious...every single flavor was awesome we had such a hard time choosing the final flavors for our cake. We worked with Vanessa who was amazing and so helpful! She sent me multiple... Read More quotes, was willing to work within a budget, and was willing to be creative to bring my vision to life! They seemed to have cakes in varying budgets we ultimately went with a cake outside of our original budget...it was pretty pricey but it was breathtakingly beautiful, we received so many compliments on the cake...we were blown away! I would highly recommend to any bride. I was the type of bride who over-researched and read every single review and I would go with Amy Beck again in a heartbeat!

Amy Beck

At age 10, Amy won her first specialty cake competition at the Racine County Fair, finishing with a 4-H Blue Ribbon. She was hooked. After graduating from Penn State University with a business degree and spending several years in the management consulting industry, Amy was finally able to act on her lifelong dream and passion for cake design. Amy launched Amy Beck Cake Design, a custom wedding cake bakery located in River West, Chicago. Since then, her trophy case has grown. Amy’s passion for beautiful cakes and focus on top customer service has been recognized by the event industry.