All cakes are not created equal

Amy Beck Cake Design is a luxury, custom cake company based in Chicago. Amy Beck is passionate about creating couture works of art for weddings and special occasions. We continually introduce new designs displayed in our studio and frequently showcased in magazines. Our cakes are made of the finest, natural ingredients to ensure every client receives a delicious, visual work of art.

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

636 N. Racine Ave., Chicago, IL

Decadent!

Reviewed on 7/28/2011 Shawn W

Being that I am a cake connoisseur, well, at least I think of myself as one, I was very involved in picking out my cake for my wedding day. I went to 6 different bakeries to taste cake! (The best part about planning a wedding!) Amy Beck Cake Design was our last tasting,... Read More and we were floored with the deliciousness of the cake. We tried all sorts of cake flavors and frostings; Amy Beck was there with us along the way informing us of various flavor combination's. She was very helpful, nice and down to earth and super easy to work with. We decided on the Devil's Food Cake with Creme Cheese Filling and Chocolate Ganache frosting...decadent! It turned out absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing. Guests couldn't stop talking about the cake and even months after the wedding I still hear how wonderful the cake was! She also did a fabulous cake for one of my friend's son's 1st birthday party. I can't wait to use her again.

Let Them Eat Cake!

Reviewed on 8/17/2013 Meredith W

Working with Amy Beck from the beginning was both a fantastic and delicious experience. The cake tasting was fun and Amy has such excellent ideas and talent. Our cake was exactly what we wanted and so beautiful, we can't wait to eat the top layer at our first anniversary!

Amy is the best for a reason

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 Anne M

So happy that we chose Amy Beck to design our wedding cake! Right from the initial tasting we knew she was the right choice. They have a ton of different flavor combinations to choose from and Amy's visions are spot on-- It's easy to see why she is one of the most popular cake... Read More designers in the Chicago area. We had a fairly simple but beautiful 4-tiered cake for our October wedding and received rave reviews on the taste of the cake. We did 3 different flavor combinations and my husband's only complaint is that the red velvet cake was long gone by the time he made it to the dessert table. Guess it really was delicious!

Roth/Eisenberg Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Selecting the perfect cake for my daughter's wedding was very important. I found that working with Amy Beck, of Amy Beck Cake Design, LLC., as well as her staff, to be a very pleasant experience. Amy's bakery is an adorable Victorian style shop in Chicago, Ill. Since my... Read More daughter lives out of town, we were only able to make a cake tasting appointment on a Saturday. Unlike other bakeries we called, Vanessa gladly scheduled our appointment to fit our Saturday schedule. The tasting was an incredible experience. We sampled a beautiful presentation of many varieties of cakes and frostings. It was very difficult to make a choice because each combination was amazing. Amy spent quiet a bit of time with us customizing my daughter's cake to her specifications. The wedding cake looked gorgeous and a tasted delicious. We received many compliments and inquires about its origin from our guests. Unfortunately our top layer had been misplaced during the evening. I called Amy several days after the wedding and she couldn't have been more gracious and accommodating. She made another layer cake for us and refused to take any money. Wedding cake is regarded by many couples as the focal point of their reception. Amy Beck certainly creates a deliciously beautiful customized cake that the Bride and Groom will remember for the rest of their lives.

Amy Beck is the best!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Brittany R

My cake tasting with Amy Beck was one of my favorite parts of wedding planning and her cake was UNREAL!!! My mom and I had SUCH a blast tasting all her delicious cakes - and our wedding cake was as beautiful as it was delicious. I came into the tasting wanting a "funfetti" cake,... Read More but wound up going for the red velvet/cream cheese frosting (hands down the absolute best red velvet I have ever tasted - NOTHING like a boxed red velvet!) and a layer of the carrot cake, which is what I ate on our wedding day. A word about the carrot cake - it is absolutely DELICIOUS and although it's not the most traditional wedding cake flavor, our guests went nuts over it and Amy Beck's version is INSANE. Everything she offers is delicious. Her team also matched some of the watercolor flower details on our invitation and it was just beautiful. Even on a super hot August day! You can't go wrong with Amy Beck's cakes!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Megan B

We had a great experience with Amy Beck Cake Design. To start, the tasting was so much fun! We got to try dozens of cake flavors and frostings. We were able to choose our own combinations. It ended up tasting delicious. And the design was beautiful. It turned out exactly the way... Read More we wanted it to!

Delicious Cake!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Ryan M

Couldn't be happier with Amy Beck Cake Design. I had found a picture of a cake I loved from a bridal magazine, and Amy and her team executed it perfectly! It was beautiful! Not only, was the cake gorgeous, it was delicious! We had 2 flavor combinations and they were both... Read More fantastic! We had vanilla cake with chocolate butter-cream and also almond cake with hazelnut butter-cream and raspberry chocolate ganache and they were equally fantastic! Amy and her team also had great customer service answering all of my questions and recommending a rental vendor for the perfect cake plate!

Cake worth waiting 18 years for!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

The Supreme Court finally recognized our family and this summer we had our big gay wedding. A highlight of the event was the amazing cake that Amy and her crew made. The entire process with Amy Beck Cake was a breeze. The initial consultation was well organized and with their... Read More expertise the staff was able to put together a cake, frosting, and design combination that, not only one, but two brides loved. They also helped us stay within our budget without feeling like we were sacrificing quality. Then the final product…speechless. Not only beautiful but literally one of the best tasting cakes we have every had. Consider using Amy Beck for your wedding cake it will be one of the easiest and best decisions in your wedding planning.

I have used Amy several times

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

I have used Amy Beck for two showers, wedding and baby, and three birthday party cakes. She does incredible wrk and is a pleasure to work with. Our last cake was for a Cinderella Bsll for my disabled daughter's 30th birthday. It was incredible. I would recommend her hghly!

Extraordinary

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Austin W

The whole process was a joy: meeting Amy,the tasting, communicating with the staff, wedding day displaying,eating, and savoring each bite. The cake was beautiful and exactly how I wanted it to look. Most importantly, the taste was unbelievably refreshing. It was the right... Read More choice. I highly recommend Amy Beck. It will be worth it! Ralph and Austin

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Kayte F

My husband and I loved our wedding cake from Amy Beck. They designed it exactly as we asked and it was absolutely delicious! Our guests commented on how amazing it was. They also worked with us on the price to get us exactly within our budget. I would highly recommend Amy Beck... Read More cakes!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Erin S

Not only the best looking cake you'll ever see, also the best tasting! I used Amy Beck for my wedding. She made a custom wedding cake that was identical to my wedding dress, the detail was flawless!! Her and her staff also made a French bulldog cake for my husbands grooms cake,... Read More it was unbelievable how much the cake looked like our dog!! Our guests are still talking about how awesome the cakes were and how good they tasted. I can't say enough good things about Amy Beck and her staff!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Lisa M

We were so happy with our cake, and the whole process working with Amy and her team! The cake looked beautiful and was very delicious (with layers of red velvet and passionfruit) We had lots left over and made sure to eat it ALL! We highly recommend Amy Beck Cake Design!

Amy Beck Cake Design

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

My daughter's wedding cake from Amy Beck was the most beautiful wedding cake I have ever seen! It was not only beautiful but was delicious too. We have received many emails and calls from guests of the wedding praising the cake. It was one of the centerpieces of the... Read More reception. I would highly recommend Amy Beck Cake Design!!

Out of this world

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Alex W

Ordering my groom's cake from Amy Beck was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding! She was able to replicate a gold Notre Dame football helmet with an incredible football field under it. My MOH and I went to taste the cakes and we had the hardest time choosing - each... Read More cake and frosting was amazing! We settled on almond (WOW!) with salted buttercream alternating layers with chocolate with raspberry buttercream. They delivered it to our rehearsal dinner and my husband was blown away (it was a surprise, he had no idea)! All of our guests thought it was a statue and definitely not a cake. When we had it cut, they were blown away by how amazing it tasted. Long story short: do anything you can to use Amy Beck. I can't wait to use her again in the future!!!

Delish!

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 Megan

My husband wasn't really into the whole wedding planning thing until we made it to Amy Beck. The cake tasting, blew him away. The creations that Amy makes, were so amazing! We actually almost fought over what flavors we wanted because they were all so incredible. Such a... Read More tough decision to make! I can't wait to order an anniversary cake from Amy Beck!!

Five Stars!

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 Samantha M

Our experience with Amy Beck was five star from the second we began our process with them. The tasting was fun and Amy is truly the sweetest to work with. The day of - our cake was incredibly tasty and exactly the style I envisioned. We couldn't have been happier with Amy... Read More Beck Cake Design!

Amy Beck's are phenomenal!

Reviewed on 11/23/2014

Amy Beck is a joy to work with on our wedding cake. I appreciated how responsive she was throughout the process - always responding to my emails without delay with a personal touch. At our first appointment, she shared with us her background and how she got her start in baking,... Read More she spent the time to get to know me, my fiancé, and mom, and understand our vision for our wedding. After taking a look at photos of my venue, flowers, color scheme and wedding dress, Amy got out a notepad, and whipped up a sketch of the most perfectly fitting cake I could imagine - inspired by my wedding dress, and a few wedding cakes I had pinned on interest. The detail of my wedding dress incorporated into the cake was unbelievable. She also handmade the most beautiful flowers I've seen to attach onto the cake for a pop of color, exactly what I wanted! Not only that, but we shopped around to many bakeries, and Amy's cakes and frostings were above and beyond the competition in terms of taste. My mom has a bakery of her own and has high standards and was blown away. The creative flavors, and the moist consistency - just amazing. No joke, at our wedding, people were requesting seconds and thirds, and there ended up not being any leftover cake (which made me sad the next day when I was dying to indulge in it)! I cannot wait for my 1 year anniversary when I get to eat it again, and would recommend Amy Beck to everyone!

100% happy: More than just a wedding cake

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Lauren E

What stood out to us about Amy’s shop, among the handful of cake tastings we attended, was the personal touch from Amy. She has since hired a business manager, but during our experience, Amy was the one who responded to our emails, Amy was the one who baked our cake, Amy was... Read More even there on our wedding day, delivering it herself. We were particularly impressed that Amy joined us during the tasting to learn our feedback and make real-time suggestions, when she could have easily left us to go cross things off her to-do list. She was confident from the first email that she could make us happy. Going beyond just the amazing flavor combinations (we chose chocolate bourbon cake as the base on all three layers, with different fillings on each level), we had several ideas about what it would look like. Amy was able to creatively take elements from each of our ideas to create one cake that made everyone happy. To sum up: my fiancée and I 100% enjoyed our experience with Amy Beck Cake Design. That’s 100% from the first email inquiry to eating the cake on our wedding day. There were no hiccups or concerns along the way, from our tasting, to the contract, to the delivery. And, if you're looking for a LGBT-friendly bakery, Amy didn't blink an eye when I told her ours was a same-sex marriage. Delicious cake. Beautiful design and execution. Stellar customer service. Thank you, Amy!

Best. Cake. Ever.

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Amanda N

Amy is not only a talented cake designer, but a kind, energetic woman, who was a pleasure to work with from the tasting through delivery of our beautiful wedding cake. Like other brides have mentioned, planning a wedding in Chicago while living out of state is difficult. Amy... Read More was flexible in the scheduling of our tasting, and upon first meeting her made us feel comfortable and pampered. This tasting is what my husband had been looking forward to most, and Amy did not disappoint! The plethora of cake and frosting options could have been overwhelming if not for Amy helping us narrow down our options by suggesting pairings that went well together and pointing out popular combinations. After numerous samples (with the husband trying his favorites multiple times :) ) we ended up with three combinations for our 4 tiered cake: almond cake + raspberry buttercream, spiced carrot + cream cheese frosting, and our absolute favorite, chocolate bourbon + salted caramel buttercream. On Pinterest, we had found inspiration from previous cakes that Amy had designed and brought them to our initial meeting. Amy was thorough in our discussion and had me describe what my bouquet was going to look like. From that she discerned the types of over-sized blooms to hand craft out of sugar. After our tasting, a sketch along with confirmation of flavor selections and design was sent to us for review. The cake that was delivered on our wedding day was everything we had imagined and more. Our guests raved about it with more than a few friends taking a couple pieces for the road! A big THANK YOU to Amy and her entire team for putting the sweetest touch on our wedding day!

Fabulous experience with Amy!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Maura M

My husband, family, and I are so thankful for Amy and her talents! With the added stress of planning a Chicago wedding from across the country we had only one day in town for one cake tasting! Amy is THE one! She was so sweet and patient in responding to my initial inquiry and... Read More in every correspondence that followed. Every detail counts with Amy. Our cake was inspired by her Romantic Lace design, but Amy and her team's artistry brought OUR vision to life. The design incorporated both my gown's lace detailing and complex and precise geometric designs as well as button closures down the back AND a delicate feather accent inspired by my headpiece! It was absolutely stunning... My mom, husband, and I visited Amy's shop for the tasting! We had a BLAST! Amy had countless delicious pairings ready for us to try. DELICIOUS! Our four-tier cake was as moist and flavorful as our samples at the tasting. A highlight of our wedding planning! We ultimately chose a fun combination... A little something for everyone! Each slice had vanilla butter cake paired with Jamaican rum butter cream on top, chocolate bourbon cake paired with raspberry buttercream on the bottom, split by a layer of chocolate ganache! Yummmm. Perhaps most importantly... Amy is honest! She's experienced and talented, and knows what works and what doesn't work in this fun process! Ask for her opinion. Trust her and heed her advice! You'll be so thankful you did! Thank you, Amy!

Exactly what we ordered!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Shari N

I love cake. I love wedding cake. It was very important to have a great tasting cake and a unique looking cake. It was so easy to talk to Amy, share the vision of what I wanted and being able to personalize it, while tasting delicious cake, which my fiance LOVED. The cake... Read More turned out beautiful and was so delicious. It truly has been the best carrot cake I have ever had. It was also my fiance's top choice and he is a chocolate cake fan to the core.(that was our second flavor) I was so happy when some of our guests asked "Is your cake based off your wedding dress?" Yes, it was!!! From the tasting, to ordering, payment and delivery, Amy and her team were the best. It truly added to the whole vision of our wedding. We are so happy. Looking forward to our 1 year anniversary and a top layer replica.

Tasted As Good As It Looked (which was amazing)

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Katie T

We used Amy Beck Cake Design for our August 2014 wedding in Chicago and she was definitely one of our favorite vendors we worked with. Here's why: SHE GETS IT: From our first consultation with Amy, we knew we found our cake designer. She listened to what both myself and my... Read More husband were looking for and came up with an idea that was exactly what we had in mind. Plus, you get to taste all of the yummy cake and frosting options in her cute bakery which was one of my favorite parts of wedding planning :) DESIGNS ARE GORGEOUS: It was almost impossible to choose just one design b/c as we flipped through Amy's iPad of previous work, nearly every single cake was stunning. Her cakes are truly one-of-a-kind and designed with amazing detail. I wish i could post a picture of our cake on here, but we had three large English roses tied around a tiered buttercream cake with "rope." The roses and rope were made out of frosting but were so well done that people thought the flowers were real. TASTES AMAZING: cakes are meant to be eaten. If it looks great but tastes like crap then who cares? We had an almond cake with chocolate ganache and chocolate and vanilla buttercream filling and let me tell ya' - it was delicious! I can't tell you how many guests told us they aren't typically "cake people" but our cake was awesome and the best wedding cake they've ever had. I'm looking forward to eating our frozen 1 year anniversary topper as i'm sure it will still taste good then :) PRICED RIGHT: We had 225 guests at our wedding and we definitely felt our cake was priced right ans worth every penny. Overall, if you want a stunning, one-of-a-kind cake that tastes as amazing as it looks - go with Amy Beck. She is also a pleasure to work with.

Amy is Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Amelia L

We used Amy Beck cake design for our June 2014 wedding. We chose a pretty ornate design with lace textures and a bunch of cascading flowers and Amy delivered. She even matched the lace on my dress from a photo. We are going to have her make a small anniversary cake for us... Read More soon.

Delicious cake, beautiful quality and strong professionalism

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Alisa L

Amy made the delicious and artistic wedding cake and grooms cake for our rehearsal dinner. She was professional and timely. Not only did the cakes taste better than any typical wedding cake, but Amy worked with us to make our cake design personal. We definitely recommend her to... Read More any bride or groom!

Amy Beck

At age 10, Amy won her first specialty cake competition at the Racine County Fair, finishing with a 4-H Blue Ribbon. She was hooked. After graduating from Penn State University with a business degree and spending several years in the management consulting industry, Amy was finally able to act on her lifelong dream and passion for cake design. Amy launched Amy Beck Cake Design, a custom wedding cake bakery located in River West, Chicago. Since then, her trophy case has grown. Amy’s passion for beautiful cakes and focus on top customer service has been recognized by the event industry.