Dietary Options

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

636 N. Racine Ave., Chicago, IL

Decadent!

Reviewed on 7/28/2011 Shawn W

Being that I am a cake connoisseur, well, at least I think of myself as one, I was very involved in picking out my cake for my wedding day. I went to 6 different bakeries to taste cake! (The best part about planning a wedding!) Amy Beck Cake Design was our last tasting,... Read More and we were floored with the deliciousness of the cake. We tried all sorts of cake flavors and frostings; Amy Beck was there with us along the way informing us of various flavor combination's. She was very helpful, nice and down to earth and super easy to work with. We decided on the Devil's Food Cake with Creme Cheese Filling and Chocolate Ganache frosting...decadent! It turned out absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing. Guests couldn't stop talking about the cake and even months after the wedding I still hear how wonderful the cake was! She also did a fabulous cake for one of my friend's son's 1st birthday party. I can't wait to use her again.

Let Them Eat Cake!

Reviewed on 8/17/2013 Meredith W

Working with Amy Beck from the beginning was both a fantastic and delicious experience. The cake tasting was fun and Amy has such excellent ideas and talent. Our cake was exactly what we wanted and so beautiful, we can't wait to eat the top layer at our first anniversary!

Amy is the best for a reason

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 Anne M

So happy that we chose Amy Beck to design our wedding cake! Right from the initial tasting we knew she was the right choice. They have a ton of different flavor combinations to choose from and Amy's visions are spot on-- It's easy to see why she is one of the most popular cake... Read More designers in the Chicago area. We had a fairly simple but beautiful 4-tiered cake for our October wedding and received rave reviews on the taste of the cake. We did 3 different flavor combinations and my husband's only complaint is that the red velvet cake was long gone by the time he made it to the dessert table. Guess it really was delicious!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Renee P

The cake Amy did for our baby's gender reveal party, a 3-tiered cake with superheroes and princesses, was AMAZING!!! We only told her our favorite characters, and let her come up with the best artistic style. The cake perfectly tied into our theme, and the guests were raving... Read More about it. Not to mention the taste. Lots of people had multiple slices. I had enough to take home as well, which made my preggo self very happy!! I still get happy thinking about the chocolate devil’s food cake with Salted Caramel buttercream...mmmmm!!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Karen S

I never imagined that tasting and creating a wedding cake could be so much fun, but Vanessa at Amy Beck Cake Design did it! The shop is beautiful; full of all kinds of sample cakes and designs. My daughter came with some ideas, but the examples in the shop helped her and her... Read More fiancé visualize their concept. Every flavor of cake and frosting we tried were wonderful. It was really hard to decide, but Vanessa helped us through that part of the decision as well sketching-out the final design. Since Amy Beck Cake Design is a preferred supplier with our venue, I did not have to think about the cake again after we completed the contract. The venue even posted a picture of our beautiful cake through Instagram right after the wedding! I highly recommend Amy Beck Cake Design for a wedding cake or any other celebration where you want a tasty, custom-designed cake.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Meredith B

We had the most delicious wedding cake ever from Amy Beck! The cake tasting and selection was a highlight of our planning. The ordering process was simple and they staff was great to work with. There was a great selection of flavors. On the day of our wedding, the cake arrived... Read More with no issues and we enjoyed it so much! We definitely recommend Amy Beck Cake Design for your wedding day. (Married Oct 2016)

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Maria W

OUTSTANDING!! Second cake they have done for our family. We would not use anyone else ! Not only a gorgeous cake on the outside, but a wonderful tasting cake! Which is so unusual for wedding cake. These cakes make you want to go back for seconds. There are such a variety of... Read More flavors too. It is a really fun tasting! Amy created hand painted watercolor flowers and leaves that where on the cake which surrounded the custom monogram we had made, the cake was accented with fresh flowers which Amy coordinated with the florist. Who else would go to such detail? Only Amy Beck Cake Design! The watercolor flowers Amy created for the cake was so beautiful, and my daughter loved it SO MUCH, it was used for the church programs and the table menus! A true artist! The Grooms mother and many of our guests had gluten allergies, and Amy Beck was able to have gluten free cake for that those who needed it they were raving about! There was a storm the night of my daughters wedding and in the rush to leave the planner never took the top of the cake, my husband never tried it, I felt awful! I called Amy Beck Cake Design and they were so wonderful to us and gave us a small cake for our family to have when my daughter and new son in law came home from their honeymoon. How many businesses would do that? I can't say enough about our experience with Amy Beck personally, her staff, and Amy Beck Cake Design. If you want to be sure you are getting an outstanding, memorable, great tasting, and beautiful cake use Amy Beck. Once we picked flavors, set the design and ordered, we didn't have to give it a second thought. They are the best! Amy Beck Cake Design is Chicago's BEST!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Alexis L

Amazing cake! Amazing process and attention to detail! I even ordered a special birthday cake from them months after the wedding... our friends and family are still raving about our cakes!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jennifer C

As soon as we did our tasting with Vanessa, we knew Amy Beck was going to be the ones to design our cake. I came to Vanessa with a specific design in mind and Vanessa assured me the cake would be the vision I had dreamed of. Throughout the entire process, Vanessa offered... Read More suggestions such as our cake topper to make sure it fit the look I wanted & was extremely easy to work with! When I saw my wedding cake on the day of the wedding, I instantly ran to my photographer to make sure they took tons of pictures & looked for my husband to tell him how perfect it looked! They had put my precise vision into something absolutely perfect! I should also mention besides the design it was absolutely delicious! My friends are still telling me how awesome my cake is. I would HIGHLY recommend Amy Beck & Vanessa for an incredible wedding or special occasion cake!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Elia J

Amy designed my cake according to my vision and it couldn't have been more perfect. She was so easy to work with. The tasting was such a great experience and she had so many delicious options. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Dawn D

Amy Beck Cake is the only place you need to go for your cake!!! If you want the perfect tasting and perfectly decorated cake your search is over!! I wanted the perfect cake both presentation and tasting, I wish I had just gone her first. Amy Beck Cake designed the most... Read More delicious and flawless and beautiful cake and petit fours I have ever seen!! I was simply blown away and speechless by the beauty of our cake!! THANK YOU AMY BECK CAKE!!!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Tamara O

We worked with Vanessa who was wonderful! She helped create my vision and emailed me back promptly. Amy beck helped add our dog on the back of the cake which everyone loved. The flavors were awesome and difficult to just pick two! We can't wait to eat our anniversary cake....no... Read More other cake place to go to!!

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Dan R

Working with Amy was fantastic from start to finish. During our tasting, she was very collaborative in helping us find something that was right for us--very tricky since my wife and I have essentially opposite dessert tastes. Once we found a cake flavor that worked well for... Read More both of us (almond!), Amy was extremely helpful in advising us on what flavors of buttercream would complement it the best, how many tiers, etc. Amy was also very accommodating when we requested that the almonds in the cake be ground up more finely, so that the cake wouldn't be crunchy. The eventually result was a tiramisu-inspired cake with delicious cappuccino/almond flavor that both we and our guests loved. It was really, really delicious--and we couldn't have put it together without Amy's help. We are counting down the days until we can unfreeze and try it again in a year!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Stuart C

Amy Beck made the best tasting cake I have ever had, and I consider myself to be a dessert connoisseur! I was hooked after the tasting, but the final product was much better than I ever imagined. She also was willing to deliver the cake to my destination which was a bit out... Read More of the way. Very good customer service. The cake design was beautiful! I have had many compliments. She created a lace pattern to mimic that on my dress. Each tier was a different flavor- all winners: vanilla cake w/ strawberry buttercream, devils food cake w/ salted caramel buttercream and red velvet cake w/ cream cheese frosting, all wrapped in fondant and decorated beautifully. The entire process was easy, from the online booking of the tasting, to the design and cake ordering, and paying online. I loved this cake so much, I am trying to find an excuse to order another one, without getting divorced, of course!

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 ChicagoBride B

My husband and I were so happy with our wedding cake from Amy Beck! The cake was absolutely delicious...every single flavor was awesome we had such a hard time choosing the final flavors for our cake. We worked with Vanessa who was amazing and so helpful! She sent me multiple... Read More quotes, was willing to work within a budget, and was willing to be creative to bring my vision to life! They seemed to have cakes in varying budgets we ultimately went with a cake outside of our original budget...it was pretty pricey but it was breathtakingly beautiful, we received so many compliments on the cake...we were blown away! I would highly recommend to any bride. I was the type of bride who over-researched and read every single review and I would go with Amy Beck again in a heartbeat!

Excellent Cake, Excellent Service

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Jenna A

I was a last-minute planner in the whole wedding ordeal due to being a first year law student (yes just put myself on blast I am sure Amy Beck people know who I am now). As such, I was cutting it close for just about every aspect of my wedding including the cake. My... Read More family/friends are cake people big time, and it was one of the more important details of my wedding because who doesnt love CAKE?!?! Anyways, Amy Beck cakes was very accommodating to my unusual time frame but they still did an excellent job in working with us and creating an absolutely stunning cake that tasted AMAZING. We ended up having 3 flavors of cake, one tier specifically for my family who wanted a type of cake I wasnt too fond of (until I actually tasted it in its final form). Amy Beck's staff was great to work with, they really brought the image I had in my head to life. I must admit, we delved into the anniversary cake pretty quickly one night. Everyone was raving about how good the cake was at the wedding, including my photographers (who I told on many occasions that the cake was to die for) and they have had their fair share of cake tasting, and they told me it was one of the best cakes they have ever tasted (I was pretty close with my photographer so we had a 100% honesty policy on the cake issue haha). Overall they were exceptional. The only issue I think was that they are a bit pricey BUT, as with just about every aspect of wedding planning, you really do pay for what you get. Thank you Amy Beck cakes for such a wonderful job. I will admit though, I was kind of sad/butt hurt that they didnt post a photo of my cake on their instagram, I guess it wasnt one of the "coolest" designs they were doing haha.

Roth/Eisenberg Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Selecting the perfect cake for my daughter's wedding was very important. I found that working with Amy Beck, of Amy Beck Cake Design, LLC., as well as her staff, to be a very pleasant experience. Amy's bakery is an adorable Victorian style shop in Chicago, Ill. Since my... Read More daughter lives out of town, we were only able to make a cake tasting appointment on a Saturday. Unlike other bakeries we called, Vanessa gladly scheduled our appointment to fit our Saturday schedule. The tasting was an incredible experience. We sampled a beautiful presentation of many varieties of cakes and frostings. It was very difficult to make a choice because each combination was amazing. Amy spent quiet a bit of time with us customizing my daughter's cake to her specifications. The wedding cake looked gorgeous and a tasted delicious. We received many compliments and inquires about its origin from our guests. Unfortunately our top layer had been misplaced during the evening. I called Amy several days after the wedding and she couldn't have been more gracious and accommodating. She made another layer cake for us and refused to take any money. Wedding cake is regarded by many couples as the focal point of their reception. Amy Beck certainly creates a deliciously beautiful customized cake that the Bride and Groom will remember for the rest of their lives.

Amy Beck is the best!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Brittany R

My cake tasting with Amy Beck was one of my favorite parts of wedding planning and her cake was UNREAL!!! My mom and I had SUCH a blast tasting all her delicious cakes - and our wedding cake was as beautiful as it was delicious. I came into the tasting wanting a "funfetti" cake,... Read More but wound up going for the red velvet/cream cheese frosting (hands down the absolute best red velvet I have ever tasted - NOTHING like a boxed red velvet!) and a layer of the carrot cake, which is what I ate on our wedding day. A word about the carrot cake - it is absolutely DELICIOUS and although it's not the most traditional wedding cake flavor, our guests went nuts over it and Amy Beck's version is INSANE. Everything she offers is delicious. Her team also matched some of the watercolor flower details on our invitation and it was just beautiful. Even on a super hot August day! You can't go wrong with Amy Beck's cakes!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Megan B

We had a great experience with Amy Beck Cake Design. To start, the tasting was so much fun! We got to try dozens of cake flavors and frostings. We were able to choose our own combinations. It ended up tasting delicious. And the design was beautiful. It turned out exactly the way... Read More we wanted it to!

Delicious Cake!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Ryan M

Couldn't be happier with Amy Beck Cake Design. I had found a picture of a cake I loved from a bridal magazine, and Amy and her team executed it perfectly! It was beautiful! Not only, was the cake gorgeous, it was delicious! We had 2 flavor combinations and they were both... Read More fantastic! We had vanilla cake with chocolate butter-cream and also almond cake with hazelnut butter-cream and raspberry chocolate ganache and they were equally fantastic! Amy and her team also had great customer service answering all of my questions and recommending a rental vendor for the perfect cake plate!

Cake worth waiting 18 years for!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

The Supreme Court finally recognized our family and this summer we had our big gay wedding. A highlight of the event was the amazing cake that Amy and her crew made. The entire process with Amy Beck Cake was a breeze. The initial consultation was well organized and with their... Read More expertise the staff was able to put together a cake, frosting, and design combination that, not only one, but two brides loved. They also helped us stay within our budget without feeling like we were sacrificing quality. Then the final product…speechless. Not only beautiful but literally one of the best tasting cakes we have every had. Consider using Amy Beck for your wedding cake it will be one of the easiest and best decisions in your wedding planning.

I have used Amy several times

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

I have used Amy Beck for two showers, wedding and baby, and three birthday party cakes. She does incredible wrk and is a pleasure to work with. Our last cake was for a Cinderella Bsll for my disabled daughter's 30th birthday. It was incredible. I would recommend her hghly!

Extraordinary

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Austin W

The whole process was a joy: meeting Amy,the tasting, communicating with the staff, wedding day displaying,eating, and savoring each bite. The cake was beautiful and exactly how I wanted it to look. Most importantly, the taste was unbelievably refreshing. It was the right... Read More choice. I highly recommend Amy Beck. It will be worth it! Ralph and Austin

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Kayte F

My husband and I loved our wedding cake from Amy Beck. They designed it exactly as we asked and it was absolutely delicious! Our guests commented on how amazing it was. They also worked with us on the price to get us exactly within our budget. I would highly recommend Amy Beck... Read More cakes!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Erin S

Not only the best looking cake you'll ever see, also the best tasting! I used Amy Beck for my wedding. She made a custom wedding cake that was identical to my wedding dress, the detail was flawless!! Her and her staff also made a French bulldog cake for my husbands grooms cake,... Read More it was unbelievable how much the cake looked like our dog!! Our guests are still talking about how awesome the cakes were and how good they tasted. I can't say enough good things about Amy Beck and her staff!!

Amy Beck

At age 10, Amy won her first specialty cake competition at the Racine County Fair, finishing with a 4-H Blue Ribbon. She was hooked. After graduating from Penn State University with a business degree and spending several years in the management consulting industry, Amy was finally able to act on her lifelong dream and passion for cake design. Amy launched Amy Beck Cake Design, a custom wedding cake bakery located in River West, Chicago. Since then, her trophy case has grown. Amy’s passion for beautiful cakes and focus on top customer service has been recognized by the event industry.

Start a Conversation!