Amy Kate Designs

Amy represents a style that is unique to each celebration. From the intimate gathering to a grand celebration each creation is truly scrumptious! Through her awe-inspiring floral designs, each detail and desire is brought to life, Completing an event filled with emotion and a lingering sense of awe.

Flower Crowns, Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Alternatives, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

Serving Northern Michigan (231) 264-6938
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Linda K

As Mother of the Bride, I immediately liked Amy and her approach on my daughter's wedding. She listened to us babble on for over three hours of all the wedding dreams and how my daughter envisioned her special day. Through the whole process, Amy was spot on with ideas and what... Read More would work for Mary's wedding. I never thought a wedding could be so overwhelming but Amy keeps a steady ship and on the day of the wedding delivered the most breath taking bouquets, centerpieces and floral effects! Little details I had forgotten about....were there. The flowers were fresh and beautifully designed. Not just squeezed together and tied in ribbon but designed. Our wedding was a month ago and it went by so fast but I will always, always remember my daughter's gasp of joy when she saw her bouquet for the first time and held it up to her dress! Thank you Amy... we are your biggest fans!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 lauren h

Amy and her daughter Amanda blew me away with their creativity and their impeccable taste. They made our event so unique and memorable that people are still talking about the "amazing flowers" and the "incredible attention to detail".

Love, love, love Amy!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Heather H

Amy went above and beyond my expectations. Her creativity, professionalism and knowledge blew me away. She was able to understand my vision between conversation, photos and Pinterest and enhance it exponentially. She is thoughtful and honest in her work and completed things in... Read More a timely manner. She has a person/company that she can refer you to for just about anything; specialty desserts, linens, favors, caterers, etc. She was so much more than a florist; she was like my wedding planner. The flowers and decor turned out beautiful and Amy made it so I was able to focus on other things the day of the wedding. I would highly recommend Amy!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Kendall C

Amy is absolutely amazing and went above and beyond anything I could have ever envisioned for my destination wedding in Mexico! Her professionalism, creativity, attention to detail, and expertise is unmatched, and she is a true genius when it comes to what she does. The... Read More bouquets, table center pieces, and other various floral arrangements were absolutely stunning, and she was such a joy to work with. Her designs are timeless, elegant, and so beautiful, and I would recommend her a thousand times over. Thank you, thank you, thank you Amy!! You truly are the best in the business!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 N C

Amy Kate was great to work with. She is very relaxed and talented. There is a line of trust planning a wedding from a far and she provided me with no worry or stress!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amelia C

We chose Amy as the floral designer for our wedding. Amy is talented, knowledgeable, and attentive to details. She designed from pictures we provided, e-mailings and face to face meetings. Amy was familiar with our venue and provided guidance throughout the process. She saw... Read More our vision and brought it to reality at our wedding. Our bouquets and floral arrangements were perfect. We recommend Amy Kate Designs without reservation.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Caroline H

I loved working with Amy! I did not have a vision for what I wanted my wedding flowers to look like but told Amy about flowers and colors I loved. She was so supportive and from our first conversation I just knew I could trust her and that she would create something perfect! I... Read More never worried about how the wedding flowers would turn out and I'm glad I didn't because they were spectacular and we got countless compliments. Amy was so easy to work with. She was kind, thoughtful, fun and professional all at the same time. I would highly recommend Amy Kate Designs!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 lauren h

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jessica H

Amy Kate Designs were the best choice for our wedding !! They designed our wedding bouquets and worked with us to fit our price range while providing absolutely beautiful flower arrangements. They were kind, responsive, and professional. I absolutely recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kierstin J

Amy did an excellent job on our wedding flowers. I do not live where we got married, making it challenging to work with vendors at times. However, Amy made it a point to work with me and understand just what we were looking for via phone and pictures! We were very happy with... Read More the flowers on our big day!

Reviewed on 12/20/2015

Amy Kate Designs provided the floral decoration for our daughter's wedding in July of 2015. The wedding was not in our home town, so organizing all aspects was done via phone and email. At the very outset, when we met with Amy to discuss our ideas about the flowers, it was... Read More obvious that she was exactly the right person to turn these ideas into reality. Her research into exactly what our daughter wanted was very thorough, she freely offered advice and suggestions, and her manner was friendly, professional, and reassuring. She was a delight to work with! There were no cost surprises; everything was clearly spelled out; and Amy was not adverse to our using some of our own items rather than renting everything --- a fact that helped us keep the costs within our budget. When we arrived at the wedding venue on the day of the wedding, Amy had already been there and worked her magic! The bouquets, the centerpieces, and the aisle flowers were exactly as colorful and bright as our daughter had hoped. The blooms were of high quality, and remained fresh for days --- I couldn't bear it when they did finally wilt, far into the next week! We planned to use an antique, shabby-chic wrought iron arch as the focal point at the ceremony, and when I saw Amy's transformation of this piece, I was awed and thrilled! An abundance of vines, studded with tiny purple flowers, embellished the top of the arch, not obscuring the view through it, but creating a lush backdrop for the outdoor ceremony. The effect was elegant and spectacular --- I found it breathtaking! I could not recommend Amy Kate more enthusiastically! If she contributes her skill and wizardry to your event, you will be fortunate, indeed!

Amy Kate Designs made my wedding beautiful!!

Reviewed on 12/04/2015 Maggie A

I had a small destination wedding at a private residence in Suttons Bay during the fall. I wanted the event to feel seasonal and elegant but still relaxed--and Amy knocked it out of the park. From my lush bouquet elegantly finished with silk dupioni ribbon, to the ceremony... Read More arrangements, numerous decorative touches throughout the house, and the stunning harvest table that formed the centerpiece of the reception—Amy combined seasonal foliage, flowers, fruits, vines, and candles in a way that was cohesive, warm, and classy. Amy went above and beyond to ensure that I had local flowers even late in the season (despite frost and hail!), and on the day-of she and her team put everything together quickly and smoothly. Even more than the flowers, however, Amy herself impressed me. From our very first encounter, she was warm and generous and a true professional. I planned the event from out of town, and the entire process was well-organized and collaborative. Amy was always open to my feedback and questions, and she offered great suggestions based on her extensive experience. She was honest and helped me understand what was possible and how to achieve the style I wanted within my budget, and her detailed spreadsheet proposal ensured that I understood exactly what I was getting. She was not only timely in all of her communications, even reaching out unprompted during her busy times to let me know that she was still working on my event, but she was also kind. I always felt that she was not merely listening to what I said, but really hearing me. Having strong and sometimes contradictory likes and dislikes, I was not the easiest bride, but Amy was patient and able to decipher what I wanted (even before I understood myself) and then translated it into something more beautiful and tasteful than I ever imagined. I can't recommend her enough!

2015-12-05T12:10:15 Response from the vendor

Maggie, Thank you for your kind words. It was all great fun and of course your taste is certainly right up my alley ;). I hope you're well and you have a beautiful Holiday. ~A

Many Thanks!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Janna C

After we got dumped with the first florist, Amy jumped in and helped us. She is so creative and very easy to work with. We saw eye to eye on everything. We made a friend for life.

2015-11-06T14:55:59 Response from the vendor

You poor thing :) It was my pleasure. I still think I was the winner, getting to know you and Pete. (I giggle as I picture him the morning of the wedding...such a cute NERVOUS little thing)!!! Thanks for your friendship. Hugs to you both.

Helped my vision come to life

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Liz M

I was probably not the easiest bride to work with since I had very general ideas of what I envisioned for my wedding and not a lot of time to search and plan (working mom at the time I got married). I provided some ideas with Amy's guidance and entrusted the end result to her... Read More (I had seen her work on her website and had full confidence that it would be great). When I finally saw what she created from my bouquets to the table arrangements, it brought me to tears. I was stunned by how she captured what I wanted with very little direction from me. Still tear up thinking about it! To boot, this was an out of town wedding for us, and she made all of the planning a breeze for us. I would definitely recommend Amy Kate!

2015-10-28T07:22:09 Response from the vendor

Liz, I enjoyed every bit of our time spent planning. I hope to see you up this way again real soon. Thanks for everything. Hugs ;)

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Lindsay

From our very first meeting Amy was so friendly and personal, yet very professional. That was the best part about working with her- she made me feel so comfortable, like we had known each other for years, always made me feel like my wedding was a priority, like I was her only... Read More client, and yet balanced that with maintaining the utmost professionalism. I was always comfortable being honest with her, she was so receptive and willing to collaborate with me and I felt so confident she understood my vision. She took every single like and dislike I offered her, put together a very detailed proposal of every aspect she was covering and gave me so much time and dedication to perfect it. After many, many emails, phone calls and meetings, Amy executed my dream floral arrangements, centerpieces, signage and various details. She let me lead the vision, but guided me from her experience and offered alternatives or ideas I never would have thought of on my own. She is so creative and talented, and beyond a pleasure to work with. I had so many compliments about my décor from my guests, the venue, and now two magazines that will be featuring my wedding... much in part to do with Amy's beautiful designs! While you may be initially intimidated by her pricing (I was), don't let that scare you away- the flowers and hard goods (not to mention her service) are of the highest quality I've seen (and I'm in the event industry). She works within your budget and every penny you spend with her is SO worth the peace of mind and that moment when you see your vision come to fruition.

2015-10-28T07:20:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Lindsay, It was magical...and you were gorgeous! XOXO

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Amy was the floral designer for my daughter's wedding this past August. Her talent and creativity are endless. She took the time to understand our vision, made suggestions and gave direction. We quickly recognized her dedication and commitment and knew we could trust her... Read More completely. In the end, everything was even better than we expected! She was an absolute joy to work with, both an excellent floral designer and a wonderful person! We couldn't have been happier!

2015-10-28T07:27:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you...it was my pleasure ;)

Amazed

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Cathryn K

Trying to plan a wedding out of state can be a challenge, Amy made everything so easy for us. We were amazed when we saw all of the flowers! My bouquet was stunning, the beach was decorated beautifully. The centerpieces for our dinner were stunning, I could not have been more... Read More pleased! Amy did a fantastic job and I would recommend her to anyone! She took everything I had ever thought of and make it look spectacular!

2015-10-28T07:28:37 Response from the vendor

XXOO,I loved working with you. Thanks for making it so much fun ;)

Beautiful Flowers

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Natalie H

Amy did all of our wedding flowers including bouquets, men's flowers, corsages, centerpieces, aisle decor, and more! She made my vision come to life and she coordinated our colors effortlessly. My bouquet was gorgeous and I received so many compliments. She is a very busy woman... Read More so book early-she is worth it. She also helped my centerpiece vision come to life and gave great feedback on it. Overall, great experience!

2015-10-28T07:40:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you Natalie....You're the best,(mom too ;) I just love love love when I can work with my hometown brides.

Creative, talented, and service focused business!

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Libby V

I absolutely loved working with Amy Kate for our wedding flowers and decor - from our first meeting, she was professional, creative, and incredibly helpful! She went out of her way countless times to make sure everything was perfect throughout planning and on the actual wedding... Read More day. She has a wide variety of decorations and I was blown away by her flower arrangements when I walked into my reception! The bouquets were also really gorgeous - she has a keen sense of design and was able to make my somewhat confusing visions become a beautiful reality. Her attention to detail is notable - even lining our cherry buckets with moss to pull in the green accents we had throughout the flower arrangements. I seriously cannot say enough about Amy as a person and a florist! I would recommend her in a second!!

Amy Kate is Amy Great!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

Amy is so wonderful to work with! We spent a lot on flowers and decor but it is worth it!!!! And what's better- we took all the flowers home and if course it looks like a funeral home- but it's 2 weeks later and they haven't fallen limp at all! She captured the bright fall... Read More colors I wanted! I loved my flowers and I got do many compliments. Also- let her go free with her creativity- she will make it look amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2014

My husband and I were married in an art sculpture park in Elk Rapids Michigan on June 28, 2014, in a small intimate ceremony with family and friends. I will remember my flowers for the rest of my life! They were that beautiful. The artistry was second to none. Amy was so... Read More attentive and personable all along the way. My wedding was small, however Amy treated my flower arrangements with the same TLC as a larger wedding. At my reception, other patrons of the restaurant were taking photographs of her flower arrangements on the tables, they were that stunning !!You would be a fool not to hire Amy!

2015-10-28T07:26:35 Response from the vendor

...and to have your hubby call me requesting I recreate your bouquet for your one year anniversary gives me such great joy knowing you loved it that much!

A true Artist!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Chandra D

I have worked with Amy on many many events and every time she amazes me!! She does such a beautiful job and is so easy and wonderful to work with! She is a true artist and I love her creativity. I would highly recommend her to anyone and they would be so lucky to have such a... Read More talented florist for their event!!

2015-10-28T07:43:32 Response from the vendor

Thanks Chan...I love working with you too!

Amy Kate Designs is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Katie K

When I first started to plan my wedding I reached out to AKD to talk about my thoughts and Ideas for my wedding. I had a great conversation with Amy and we were on the same page from day 1! She and her staff were not just "florists" but helped me design my entire event and... Read More walked me through the entire process!!! Even when my makeup artist cancelled on me they were there to suggest local artists in the area. I could not have asked to work with a better team, they made my wedding unforgettable down to every last detail! I cant speak highly enough about AKD as my wedding wouldn't have turned out as great as it did without them. I would use them over and over again if i had any more events in northwest michigan and didn't live in Florida :( my nerves were absolutely put at ease with planning a wedding from so far away. Love you guys!!

2015-10-28T07:42:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you :) When are you coming back?? I think I owe you a glass of wine!

Amy Kate is AMAZING

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Kelsy P

I could not have been more blessed to have Amy as my florist for my 2014 Labor Day wedding at Castle Farms. She was my absolute favorite vendor to work with throughout the wedding planning process. I came in to this not knowing much about floral so I entrusted Amy with my vision... Read More and boy did she DELIVER! Things were beyond my wildest dreams and even better than all the pinterest photos I had sent. She is so creative and talented. My guests cannot stop talking about how my wedding was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. She is always available to talk whenever you need her and is so organized as she keeps an ongoing worksheet and updates it every time you speak or have a change. She is super sweet and I would HIGHLY recommend her to any bride having their wedding up north Michigan. I was taking a chance by going with a vendor that wasn't on my venue's preferred vendor list but it was honestly the BEST decision I made. I could not have been happier with Amy Kate designs!

2015-10-28T07:44:05 Response from the vendor

The Best!!

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Alison A

Amy is creative, incredibly nice, and her works is outstanding. I had an idea of what I wanted but she turned it into something better than I could have ever imagined. The flowers were gorgeous and the centerpieces were stunning. She was also able to create a menu board and... Read More seating chart that were both so cool. She provided decor and flowers which made everything easier. You must use her!

2015-10-28T07:44:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you!

Amy Kate

My roots are firmly grounded in the natural order and beauty that surrounds me here in the Northern Michigan countryside. I have a deep appreciation for the natural resources of this environment and just how much they have the ability to infuse the soul. The natural beauties of these elements are firmly entrenched into everything I do. For many of us, appreciation for nature’s bounties comes naturally and for myself there are certain people who have greatly influenced my work and artistic abilities over the course of my lifetime and for those people I will be internally grateful…