Amy Kate Designs

Amy represents a style that is unique to each celebration. From the intimate gathering to a grand celebration each creation is truly scrumptious! Through her awe-inspiring floral designs, each detail and desire is brought to life, Completing an event filled with emotion and a lingering sense of awe.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Alternatives, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

Serving Northern Michigan (231) 264-6938
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Kendall C

Amy is absolutely amazing and went above and beyond anything I could have ever envisioned for my destination wedding in Mexico! Her professionalism, creativity, attention to detail, and expertise is unmatched, and she is a true genius when it comes to what she does. The... Read More bouquets, table center pieces, and other various floral arrangements were absolutely stunning, and she was such a joy to work with. Her designs are timeless, elegant, and so beautiful, and I would recommend her a thousand times over. Thank you, thank you, thank you Amy!! You truly are the best in the business!

2017-10-14T18:44:37 Response from the vendor

My dear Kendall, it was absolutely my pleasure. What a treat it was, traveling to Mexico with you and your family...(and your correct, I will be going back) Thank you for everything. It was beautiful on so many levels :)

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Bridget M

I can't even imagine our wedding day without Amy. She is literally THE BEST! Not only is she incredibly talented in her field, but her personality makes her a pleasure to work with. She went above and beyond her job description. After everything was said and done she was much... Read More more than just our florist, she was our wedding planner and a close friend. I honestly can't even begin to describe how beautiful and unique her floral arrangements were. They blew everyone away and were one of the highlights of the evening. Her work is truly breathtaking and left me speechless when I first saw it. The lush table runners she created had a unique blend of fresh flowers and seasonal fruits. We had a large arbor we were married under and the sweeping flowers and foliage made it a beautiful focal piece. I am still receiving complements on the flowers 2 months later. Amy's ability to work effortlessly with our other vendors made the entire day run smooth. I could not have done it without Amy! 100% RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 lauren h

Amy and her daughter Amanda blew me away with their creativity and their impeccable taste. They made our event so unique and memorable that people are still talking about the "amazing flowers" and the "incredible attention to detail".

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Maria R

Amy Kate designs wedding flowers were amazing. They couldn't have turned out any more perfect for my wedding day. thank you!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Leah D

Amy did a great job making my vision come to life! She was very accommodating, easy to work with, and very helpful in the planning process. It made it even better that she was familiar with my venue and could offer suggestions for things since I was planning it from another... Read More country!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Marcia P

Amy Kate did an excellent job for my daughter's wedding. Amy helped guide us to our vision with her professionalism, high energy, and creativity. She suggested color combinations that made the bouquets and venue pop. We have had so many compliments on her beautiful work. Her... Read More work is unique and her creativity shines through. The delivery and setup were seamless. Amy Kate worked well with our venue and other vendors. We are so pleased that we used Amy Kate and can't imagine the wedding without her. Her work makes a statement and is a step way above the rest. Thank you Amy Kate Designs!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Amy T

Amy, you have innate talent and such a love for what you do! You took the words/ideas whimsical, Harry Potter, & enchanted, and created floral decor that the bride loved, rave compliments were received from, and complimented the photos beyond expectation. You were a charm to... Read More communicate with from the planning process through the big day. Thank you for all your patience, guidance, and expertise in design! Northern Michigan is lucky to have you!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Margaret W

Amy did an amazing job, she goes above and beyond for her clients. Her attention to detail is flawless. I would highly highly recommend her!! We love Amy and her team very much!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Lioz L

I have nothing but positive things to say about working with Amy Kate Designs. From planning the flowers to setting up on the wedding day-Amy is very organized, detail oriented and accepts nothing but the best. She is able to take your vision and make it happen! The wedding... Read More flowers exceeded our expectations! Thank you for the guidance and support you provided to make sure the day come together! I can't begin to count how many compliments I heard about how beautiful the flowers looked! Her professionalism and creativity are top notch!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Katie F

Amy Kate helped pull the look and feel of our venue together. I wanted a warm romantic feel, with a dash of rustic charm and she hit it on the nose. She spent lots of time working with me to make sure I understood her vision and she understood mine. We had a slight misstep in... Read More communication as we neared my special day, but Amy handled it in stride and took the time to iron out the kinks. She is very talented at what she does and to this day I am thankful for her work.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Erin H

Amy Kate was great to work with right off the get go. Meeting with her while going through different floweriest she was able to help me with my vision and work with our colors and scheme. The table settings turned out to be more than what i though and the bouquets were... Read More absolutely amazing!!! She was able to work with me and my budget to make my wedding dream come true. I would not go any where else for flowers than her in Northern Michigan!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Holly H

I used Amy for my son's wedding in February of this year. He was married in Mexico. Amy came to Mexico and did the flowers and decor for the 4 day event. Needless to say she went over and above by just agreeing to take on this endeavor in another country but she made sure to... Read More make sure that every request we had was met. She found things once we arrived as well as hauling things with her. I have used Amy in the past for many different events such as birthdays, engagement parties, showers and this wedding, but I couldn't let this pass by with out writing this to let everyone know how great she is! I would highly recommend her to anyone. She is creative, courteous, attentive to detail and certainly does things out of the box.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Parker H

Amy was such a pleasure to work with and went above and beyond with every detail. She made the day stress free and knew exactly what we wanted and brought all of our visions to life. My wife and I would recommend Amy to anyone for their wedding or special event!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Annika W

Amy did an AMAZING job as florist for our wedding at Fountain Point Resort this summer. She went above and beyond during our planning process – and as a bride living in NYC organizing a wedding in Northern Michigan without a wedding planner, Amy stepped in to give me advice and... Read More recommended vendors along the way. She was very responsive and scheduled calls with me regularly to check in and go over our floral contract; she was so patient answering my questions and looking over Pinterest photos to make sure she knew exactly what I wanted things to look like. She was always mindful of our budget and continuously recommended ways to ensure we could achieve the look I wanted but also keep cost relatively low. On the day of the wedding, she was timely and efficient, and decorated our wedding so beautifully – from the centerpieces (greenery, candles and lanterns), to the bouquets and floral arrangements on wine barrels – we got so many compliments from guests on how amazing it looked. Amy is everything you want in a wedding florist! She is one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

2017-10-14T18:38:11 Response from the vendor

Oh my...what a day it was! Thank you Annika for including us. We just love working at Fountain Point, and you made it even more special. Thanks again :)

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Lindsey W

Not really knowing much about flowers....or weddings, we were very thankful to Amy for doing a beautiful job on my wedding. Everything was stunning, and she put together such beautiful pieces. We got married on the beach at Bay Harbor and when I came around the corned to walk... Read More down the aisle and saw the amazing arch she had made for us to get married under it just took my breath away! Awesome job, my pink flowers made me perfect day :)

2017-10-14T18:30:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We simply could not leave until we saw you walk down the aisle. The view was breathtaking and you were absolutely stunning. :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 N C

Amy Kate was great to work with. She is very relaxed and talented. There is a line of trust planning a wedding from a far and she provided me with no worry or stress!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amelia C

We chose Amy as the floral designer for our wedding. Amy is talented, knowledgeable, and attentive to details. She designed from pictures we provided, e-mailings and face to face meetings. Amy was familiar with our venue and provided guidance throughout the process. She saw... Read More our vision and brought it to reality at our wedding. Our bouquets and floral arrangements were perfect. We recommend Amy Kate Designs without reservation.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Caroline H

I loved working with Amy! I did not have a vision for what I wanted my wedding flowers to look like but told Amy about flowers and colors I loved. She was so supportive and from our first conversation I just knew I could trust her and that she would create something perfect! I... Read More never worried about how the wedding flowers would turn out and I'm glad I didn't because they were spectacular and we got countless compliments. Amy was so easy to work with. She was kind, thoughtful, fun and professional all at the same time. I would highly recommend Amy Kate Designs!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 lauren h

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jessica H

Amy Kate Designs were the best choice for our wedding !! They designed our wedding bouquets and worked with us to fit our price range while providing absolutely beautiful flower arrangements. They were kind, responsive, and professional. I absolutely recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kierstin J

Amy did an excellent job on our wedding flowers. I do not live where we got married, making it challenging to work with vendors at times. However, Amy made it a point to work with me and understand just what we were looking for via phone and pictures! We were very happy with... Read More the flowers on our big day!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Linda K

As Mother of the Bride, I immediately liked Amy and her approach on my daughter's wedding. She listened to us babble on for over three hours of all the wedding dreams and how my daughter envisioned her special day. Through the whole process, Amy was spot on with ideas and what... Read More would work for Mary's wedding. I never thought a wedding could be so overwhelming but Amy keeps a steady ship and on the day of the wedding delivered the most breath taking bouquets, centerpieces and floral effects! Little details I had forgotten about....were there. The flowers were fresh and beautifully designed. Not just squeezed together and tied in ribbon but designed. Our wedding was a month ago and it went by so fast but I will always, always remember my daughter's gasp of joy when she saw her bouquet for the first time and held it up to her dress! Thank you Amy... we are your biggest fans!!

Amy Kate Designs

Reviewed on 12/20/2015

Amy Kate Designs provided the floral decoration for our daughter's wedding in July of 2015. The wedding was not in our home town, so organizing all aspects was done via phone and email. At the very outset, when we met with Amy to discuss our ideas about the flowers, it was... Read More obvious that she was exactly the right person to turn these ideas into reality. Her research into exactly what our daughter wanted was very thorough, she freely offered advice and suggestions, and her manner was friendly, professional, and reassuring. She was a delight to work with! There were no cost surprises; everything was clearly spelled out; and Amy was not adverse to our using some of our own items rather than renting everything --- a fact that helped us keep the costs within our budget. When we arrived at the wedding venue on the day of the wedding, Amy had already been there and worked her magic! The bouquets, the centerpieces, and the aisle flowers were exactly as colorful and bright as our daughter had hoped. The blooms were of high quality, and remained fresh for days --- I couldn't bear it when they did finally wilt, far into the next week! We planned to use an antique, shabby-chic wrought iron arch as the focal point at the ceremony, and when I saw Amy's transformation of this piece, I was awed and thrilled! An abundance of vines, studded with tiny purple flowers, embellished the top of the arch, not obscuring the view through it, but creating a lush backdrop for the outdoor ceremony. The effect was elegant and spectacular --- I found it breathtaking! I could not recommend Amy Kate more enthusiastically! If she contributes her skill and wizardry to your event, you will be fortunate, indeed!

Amy Kate Designs made my wedding beautiful!!

Reviewed on 12/04/2015 Maggie A

I had a small destination wedding at a private residence in Suttons Bay during the fall. I wanted the event to feel seasonal and elegant but still relaxed--and Amy knocked it out of the park. From my lush bouquet elegantly finished with silk dupioni ribbon, to the ceremony... Read More arrangements, numerous decorative touches throughout the house, and the stunning harvest table that formed the centerpiece of the reception—Amy combined seasonal foliage, flowers, fruits, vines, and candles in a way that was cohesive, warm, and classy. Amy went above and beyond to ensure that I had local flowers even late in the season (despite frost and hail!), and on the day-of she and her team put everything together quickly and smoothly. Even more than the flowers, however, Amy herself impressed me. From our very first encounter, she was warm and generous and a true professional. I planned the event from out of town, and the entire process was well-organized and collaborative. Amy was always open to my feedback and questions, and she offered great suggestions based on her extensive experience. She was honest and helped me understand what was possible and how to achieve the style I wanted within my budget, and her detailed spreadsheet proposal ensured that I understood exactly what I was getting. She was not only timely in all of her communications, even reaching out unprompted during her busy times to let me know that she was still working on my event, but she was also kind. I always felt that she was not merely listening to what I said, but really hearing me. Having strong and sometimes contradictory likes and dislikes, I was not the easiest bride, but Amy was patient and able to decipher what I wanted (even before I understood myself) and then translated it into something more beautiful and tasteful than I ever imagined. I can't recommend her enough!

2015-12-05T12:10:15 Response from the vendor

Maggie, Thank you for your kind words. It was all great fun and of course your taste is certainly right up my alley ;). I hope you're well and you have a beautiful Holiday. ~A

Love, love, love Amy!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Heather H

Amy went above and beyond my expectations. Her creativity, professionalism and knowledge blew me away. She was able to understand my vision between conversation, photos and Pinterest and enhance it exponentially. She is thoughtful and honest in her work and completed things in... Read More a timely manner. She has a person/company that she can refer you to for just about anything; specialty desserts, linens, favors, caterers, etc. She was so much more than a florist; she was like my wedding planner. The flowers and decor turned out beautiful and Amy made it so I was able to focus on other things the day of the wedding. I would highly recommend Amy!

Amy Kate

My roots are firmly grounded in the natural order and beauty that surrounds me here in the Northern Michigan countryside. I have a deep appreciation for the natural resources of this environment and just how much they have the ability to infuse the soul. The natural beauties of these elements are firmly entrenched into everything I do. For many of us, appreciation for nature’s bounties comes naturally and for myself there are certain people who have greatly influenced my work and artistic abilities over the course of my lifetime and for those people I will be internally grateful…