Clean . Authentic . Beautiful

Hi, I'm Amy, lover of unique photographs which capture the true spirit and authentic beauty of the people inside of them. By using a photojournalistic approach and soft natural light, your wedding day photographs will tell a story, communicating on their own, without a need for words.

Documentary

Engagement

$5,000+

Photo

New York, NY (276) 690-5343

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Francesca B

Truly an amazing photographer and person! Best wedding decision! Deserves more than 5 Stars! I did extensive research on the knot and simply stalked several photographers and weddings before making the decision to use Amy. Right away, Amy's work stood out to me as being clean,... Read More organic, and super romantic. Amy has the magical talent to make any picture look like a fairy tale (but a real life one!). From our first meeting, we knew that Amy was a genuine and sweet person that cared about her work and her contribution to making a bride and groom's days go as smooth as possible. I loved her red folder she gave us with all her red coordinating pieces in the folder. I could tell right away it coordinated back to her website and her business card. She loves details. I LOVE DETAILS. That's what sealed the deal! Amy captured our Engagement shoot and a couple days before, I asked her if we could change the shoot to the following day since it was supposed to rain, and she was very flexible. She knew that we wanted to capture a certain sunlight in the early morning to get amazing photos on the Brooklyn Bridge and I appreciated so much that she worked with us. Everyone obsessed over our engagement pictures and said "if this is what your engagement photos look like, we cant imagine what the wedding photos are going to look like!". She is just pure, raw talent and captures perfect feelings and images to convey love for each other. Amy is great with following up and delivers your pictures timely. She just is a very genuine person and you can't help but love her. Weeks before the wedding we touched base, to discuss wedding shots, etc and even when over a back up plan in case of rain. On the day of, Amy was incredible. She is so patient and sweet. She'll zip in and out of people and climb on things, to get unique shots. They say that your wedding day is never supposed to go as expected and our wedding really took us for a rollercoaster. Even with the hiccups and getting to our reception late, Amy and her assistant were really good about staying till the cake cutting to capture our important moments. I am so grateful for that and it's truly because of her passion. The thing I love most about Amy is that it's not just a business contract that she upholds, it's a relationship and a friendship. A couple days after the wedding we received our preview of wedding photos which is set up as our own page, with a song that coordinates to your day and people have the ability to view it. It was incredible. I loved every picture and cannot wait to see the rest of the pictures in 10 weeks time. Photography is one of the most important decisions to make to keep the memories alive for years to come. I wanted to make sure to capture everything from the smallest detail to the largest detail. Amy's work makes the day come alive each time we look at them. Best Decision!!!

Best Decision I Made For My Wedding

Reviewed on 4/22/2014 Melissa R

I booked Amy for my April 2014 wedding, and it was the best choice I made for my wedding. She is a wedding enthusiast, and was kind and cheerful throughout my whole wedding planning process. She was always available to chat about any questions or concerns I had, and even... Read More offered helpful suggestions for other aspects of my wedding that did not affect her. She is just truly such a nice, genuine person that she wanted to help -- and truly cared about my wedding and me and my husband. I believe you need a wedding photographer who is very cheerful and enthusiastic. Amy definitely fits that criteria, and her excitement is contagious. The day of the wedding, Amy had Mekina and Leandra help out. All three of them were very pleasant and fun to be around. They were great at arranging shots - very thoughtful and creative. At one point, they somehow were able to take a beautiful picture in my old bedroom at my mom's house of my wedding dress, and somehow avoid any of the clutter or old paraphernalia lying around that would have ruined the picture. In short -- they can turn anything into a beautiful shot, even if a room is messy, or there are outdated decorations in a room. The wedding pictures were beautiful and stunning -- words cannot describe how impressed I am with their work. People have been raving to me about how great my photographers were. Pictures are truly the most important thing at your wedding, and they truly exceeded my expectations. I have been to many weddings, and I have seen photographers who take pictures because it's their job. Amy and her crew take pictures because they see the beauty and magic in something and need to capture it. I remember distinctly telling Amy that my adorable nephew/ring bearer was getting his hair combed while in his tux, and I saw Amy's eyes light up -- she immediately rushed to ensure she capture the photo, and you could almost see the creative juices flowing through her mind. She is the most eager and thoughtful wedding photographer I have ever seen, and I am incredibly thankful that she was there to capture my wedding day. Amy, Mekina, and Leandra are true professionals. They are experienced and courteous, and were able to take charge - directing people where they needed to go and when - in the way in which you hope your photographers operate. Further, some pictures were even ready for my viewing the day of the wedding (which were then displayed on a laptop at the reception), and my entire picture collection was available electronically two weeks after my wedding. TWO WEEKS! I was pleasantly shocked. Amy's prompt, yet still unbelievably flawless service is impressive. Last but not least - there were a few "hiccups" on my wedding day that added some stress and caused some delays to our schedule (such as our limo being late, which caused me stress and delayed our pictures). Amy and her crew truly showed their true colors when this happened, by helping out. For example, while we were rushing to get to the church, they helped us make sure we had everything with us in the limo. They were there to lend an extra hand when something unexpected occurred, even though it had nothing to do with the pictures. I truly appreciated them going above and beyond what I hired them to do. Overall, I highly recommend Amy Rizzuto (and Mekina and Leandra) for your wedding. I wish I had another momentous life event coming up so I could book Amy all over again!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 3/17/2014 Victoria M

Its hard to find the words to say how captivating Amy really is as a photographer. From start to finish our engagement photos and wedding photos were breathtaking! She truly captured our love in photographs and the love our family and friends have for us as a couple. Amy is not... Read More only a professional but someone who truly cares about every single couple she shoots. I am an extremely picky person when it comes to photographs and Amy exceeded every expectation I've ever had. She answers emails or questions promptly, she really guides you when you need it for stances and poses, she allows suggestions so your own creativity can also shine through (not like you need it ! Amy has such visions and her photos are just stunning) On your wedding day you really want someone who knows what they are doing and who genuinely ENJOYS what they do, and that is Amy through and through. Amy truly made David and I feel warmly welcomed and completely comfortable in front of the camera at all times. I felt like a beaming gorgeous bride and I now have the photos to prove it! If i had to choose one thing from my wedding that I would never change or replace its Amy as my photographer.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Jamie B

There aren’t enough words to describe Amy and what she did for our wedding. She did such an incredible job that both my husband and I, and our parents, were all completely ecstatic. Our engagement photo shoot, coupled with everything on our wedding day, we couldn’t ask for... Read More anyone better. Not only is Amy very skillful, her personality and easy-going mentality made everything flow smoothly on our special day. She is always upfront and honest, and was easy to communicate with leading up to our wedding, even with our craziness and indecisiveness. Her sweet and kind demeanor put both me and my husband’s thoughts and feelings at ease. Her familiarity with our wedding venue and engagement photo locations made everything better. The quality and quantity of her photographs are unbelievable to the point where my husband and I can relive in that moment of each and every picture. Our wedding was very successful, and couldn’t have done it without Amy. This statement is supported by the fact that two couples from our wedding have already booked her for their respective weddings!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Fran R

Hiring Amy Rizzuto as our wedding photographer is a decision my husband and I will never regret. We're two medical students who are constantly stressed, and throwing a wedding into the mix was insane, but absolutely amazing! Through every step of the process, Amy made... Read More everything simple for us. Each time we look through our photos, we're amazed. Amy captured every moment perfectly. There are so many photographs filled with love, warmth, romance and most importantly, happiness. My husband and I are excited to put up our wedding photos around our future home. We're excited to one day go through our album with our children. And all those little, happy moments that we're excited for are possible because we chose Amy Rizzuto.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Natasha T

Amy is BY FAR the best decision we made in our wedding planning process! We got married in May in NYC and she was a ray of light from the moment she walked into the hotel room that morning until we waved her off as we left for our after party well after midnight! She is the... Read More sweetest, most hard working, most talented person I have come across and we are beyond happy with our photos from our big day. You cannot go wrong with Amy, she will truly make your day spectacular and provide you with photos you'll be GUSHING over for years to come!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Gabby U

I'm so grateful to have had Amy and her associate as my photographers for my engagement pictures at Grand Central Terminal and Bryant Park and on my wedding day in Downtown Philadelphia. Not only is Amy creative and talented, she is also enthusiastic, personable, accommodating,... Read More and highly professional when it comes to conducting her business. I was nothing but pleased with my experience working with her.

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Danielle D

What an amazing photographer. Starting from our engagement photos to our big day she nailed it... Also on our wedding day she made all pictures go over with ease! Her partner Mekina Saylor was also amazing! I would recommend Amy ten times over!!!!!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Saranna P

I cannot say enough about what a joy it was to work with Amy Rizzuto Photography, who was recommended by a friend. From the moment I first looked at her portfolio, I just HAD to have her shoot my wedding. I met Amy via Skype and immediately adored this sweet and professional... Read More woman who is a hopeless romantic. Not only that, but she makes you feel as though you are not only a client but a close, personal friend. This close connection and the raw talent that is evident in every single photo she will take of you will make you feel as though you are a feature in a bridal magazine. She will capture the emotions as they happen so that you can relive the happiest day of your life for years to come. Aside from the great work that Amy produces, she is also a pleasure to work with. She was super helpful to me during the planning process. She has a ton of resources on her website, including numerous wedding and engagement shoots which feature a variety of different themes and colors to help plan your wedding day. We purchased the package which included both an engagement shoot and wedding day shoot. On both occasions, Amy went above and beyond to capture the perfect pictures. She stood on tables, crawled into the bushes, literally anything she needed to do to get the shot. The result is simply breathtaking. On our wedding day, Amy and her second shooter Kristy were a calming presence for everyone. They were both amazing with my 2 year old flower girl and 3/4 year old ring bearers. Kristy spent a lot of time helping to make them smile for photos and keep them occupied when their parents were taking pictures. At the end of the night, Amy and Kristy said goodbye to us and then stayed for an extra hour taking shots of the dance floor and guests because they were so wrapped up in their craft and having such a good time. Stop looking now and book Amy while you can, it will be the best decision you make (after marrying that wonderful soul mate, of course).

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Amanda G

Amy Rizzuto was hands down the best decision my husband and I made for our wedding day. She is an absolute professional who not only understands photography, but is a pleasure to work with and be around. From her opening email when we first spoke all the way until I received my... Read More complete collection, it has remained clear that she takes pride in her work and is devoted to her clients satisfaction. Every person who saw my photos could not believe how beautiful they were and I am so proud to show them! You will not be disappointed with Amy Rizzuto Photography, I cannot stress that enough!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Stephanie G

I can't say enough wonderful things about Amy Rizzuto and her work. Not only does she listen to every idea/like/dislike, but she also truly cares about your big day and making it everything you had hoped it would be. She has an innate ability to look at the venue and find a way... Read More to flawlessly blend your bridal party into its surroundings. (No cheesy wedding pics here!) This paired with her quiet control of every situation will guarantee the most amazing pictures. For example: when Amy saw how gorgeous the sunset was after dinner, she grabbed my husband and I for more pictures without drawing any attention to our absence. They were above and beyond our favorite photographs from the day. She is kind, talented, and loves what she does. You couldn't find a better photographer for one of the most important days of your life. Thank you Amy!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Zara M

We hired Amy to photograph our wedding on 8/13/16 at the Essex House in NYC- she and Rosemary (the second photographer) were incredible! I met Amy nearly a year earlier at her home in NJ, right away I knew I had made a great decision. Amy has a great energy about her, she is... Read More kind, bubbly, and understanding. She genuinely wants to make sure you get everything out of your wedding photos that you want. On the day of the wedding Amy brought her amazing personality and skill to the event. She was easy to work with and was able to take charge to make sure that we got all the shots that we needed. One week after the wedding Amy posted a blog post with about 40 or 50 images from my wedding. The photos are all beautiful! Her work really speaks for itself. The images are warm and romantic and really capture the day. She was able to get every single picture I wanted. I had stressed to Amy how important our dog is to us (who was in the wedding) and how much I wanted to get some photos of him, Amy listened and we have so many gorgeous photos of our dog. Now, 2 months later I have all of the photos from the wedding and I can't stop looking at them. Every time I open up the online gallery I am able to relive the day a little bit. Hiring Amy was a great decision, I really recommend her, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Brittany M

Where do I begin? From start to finish, Amy was incredible. She takes the time to get to know the bride and groom and their love story. She also takes a lot of time understanding your wedding and all of the little details that took so long to plan. She is an effective... Read More communicator and doesn't leave you wondering- she is on top of it! The day of the wedding her and Ash did an amazing job. They didn't miss a single detail of the day and went out of their way to make sure everyone was happy. It seemed like Amy had learned who all of the important family members were and what to do to make sure everything went smoothly. She is positive and upbeat and the perfect person to capture our wedding day. We love our pictures so much!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Chelsey D

We can't even begin to explain how much we LOVE Amy and her pictures! I had a very specific type of soft light and whimsical feel I wanted and Amy was just the right photographer for us! Besides the fact that she is a SWEETHEART! I explained to my fellow Jersey shore girls that... Read More Amy is super nice, ya know, like the "not from Jersey type of nice". ;-) She will make sure you get every shot you want (from Pinterest haha) and do whatever it takes to get the shot! She literally got into the fountain! My husband told me he knew she was the best fit for us when she did that! We've only seen our sneak peek and the blog (Chelsey & Rich 6/17 if you want to look on amyrizzutoblog.com) We are hooked with anticipation to see the rest of our pictures! Without a doubt photography is one of the most important investments for your wedding... Go for Amy!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Jessica C

If I could give Amy more than 5 stars I would! She was absolutely incredible from start to finish!! I am a little late and slacking on my part to finish our album, but when I received the digital copies of all of our photos I couldn't have been more excited! From the start Amy... Read More was wonderful to work with and made us both feel incredibly comfortable in front of a camera. She truly is a total sweetheart! Our pictures came out incredible, not only because I'm partial to the subject matter, but the lighting and the emotion she is able to capture is truly awe-inspiring. Thank you Amy for all of your hard work! We love our engagement and wedding photos and I would recommend you to anyone!!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Elaine P

Amy did an AMAZING job with our engagement photos in the city. She had wonderful ideas for what would work and we had such a fun afternoon with her exploring our neighborhood. From the moment we first contacted her she responded to all our questions and really worked hard to... Read More get to know us and our story. Not only is she a great photographer, but she is the sweetest person who made every effort to get the best shots for us. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!!

Reviewed on 5/29/2016 Kelly R

Amy Rizzuto is absolutely fantastic! I cannot begin to recommend her enough. She is so helpful, efficient, sweet and makes sure each moment of your day is not only captured, but treasured and remembered. She makes you feel so comfortable and every person involved in our... Read More wedding gave her rave reviews. Her photos are stunning- once we received our preview I couldn't help but to look through them again and again. I know that they will last a lifetime and let us relieve all the special moments of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Lauren R

Finding a photographer for our engagement and wedding photos was not an easy task. With so many people out there and so many businesses, how were we going to find the right one? We searched online and looked through everyones portfolio and came across Amy Ruzzuto; Her pictures... Read More had this thing about them that made it almost seem magical. It immediately caught our eye and we knew this was the person who we wanted to capture these once in a lifetime moments. So we called and met Amy in a small coffee shop near times square. What an amazing night! Amy actually brought us cookies, macaroons and a portfolio to look at. The cookies were delicious! We just sat and talked and soon we began to realize, she must be the sweetest, caring person on the planet! She really made an effort to get to know us and develop a friendship. Fast forward to our engagement photos. What a day! Amy will stop at nothing to get the perfect shot. Lets just say "Danger" is her middle name. She was willing to climb, crawl or leap on any object to get the perfect shot. On Saturday, May 7th, 2016, we got married and Amy was there to photograph the day from beginning to end. Never without a smile, she is the most remarkable, talented and sweetest person you will ever meet. Everyone at our wedding quickly made friends with her and talk about what a sweetheart she is. We just received our pictures and we are just speechless. They are absolutely beautiful. We shared some with friends and they quickly made those their profile pictures and lets just say they are feeling like celebrities. Thank you Amy! We love you! Lauren and Jonathan Olmo

Reviewed on 4/10/2016 Kristin T

AMAZING! Central Park wedding.... Hiring Amy as our photographer for wedding and engagement shoot was the best decision. From the first time I met with Amy, through the whole process and on the wedding day, Amy was incredibly professional, kind, patient and beyond talented.... Read More Before the wedding, we touched base several times and Amy walked me through everything I needed to think about in terms of photography for the day of. This was very important and I was able to get all of the shots I wanted because she prepared me so well. Her demeanor is incredibly easy to work with. The day of, Amy arrived early with her 2 assistants, was so calming to have around and most importantly, captured every special moment! I would recommend Amy to anyone - near or far!!!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Emma m

Amy was AMAZING!! She is so easy to work with, so sweet, and such an incredible photographer. From start to finish everything went smoothly. She was so nice about meeting me in different places in the city during the planning stages and had so many great suggestions about... Read More locations and ideas and looks. On my wedding day, when I was running late she called down to the concierge and got a steamer to help my MOH steam my wedding dress while I was getting my hair done. Who does that?? Amy is so great and really goes above and beyond! Before the ceremony we took our photos in Central Park and they are spectacular! Amy knew just where to go to get the perfect shot and gave great suggestions throughout the day. During the ceremony, I had no idea she was there, and she got such great photos. She knows exactly how to capture incredible moments without being at all intrusive or having photos look too staged. Amy is not only an amazing photographer, she is someone who you will want to have at your big day to help you celebrate and you will cherish the photos forever!

Amy Rizzuto photography

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Jamie C

Not only is Amy an amazing photographer, she has a heart of gold. She came with us for our destination wedding in Mexico and captured all of our events. She is approachable, and always responds in a timely manner. I will never use another photographer for any event, and all of... Read More my girlfriends are already planning to use her for theirs!

Amy was great!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Kaitlin G

Amy was great! She was sweet and really helpful. She made sure that I got all the shots that I really wanted. She knew our theme for the wedding was UP and she went out and got balloons for the photos after the wedding because she knew I was not able to do it ourselves. I got... Read More so many compliments on how nice she was throughout the day and the days following.

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Erin G

Amy Rizzuto Photography is all I could ever imagine or ask for when thinking about my wedding day photos, engagement photos, and overall planning. Amy was truly fantastic right from the beginning, from our first meeting to get to know us, checking in, helping out with details... Read More and questions about the timeline, attentive to our personalities, etc she definitely captured us perfectly on our wedding day. We enjoy looking at all the fabulous photos all the time and reliving each special moment from our favorite day! Thank you thank you, Amy!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Kristin H

From start to finish, Amy was a complete and total joy to work with! My husband and I met Amy early in our vendor search and were blown away by her outgoing personality, sweetness, and her interest in our story as well as our vision for our big day. We knew we HAD to hire... Read More her! We had our engagement shoot shortly after initially meeting with Amy and she made us feel comfortable from the very beginning. My husband and I felt like we were spending time with an old friend. Throughout the entire planning process Amy was our favorite, and most reliable of our vendors. Her positive spirit, responsiveness, and flexibility made me feel like we were her only couple. I could not wait to see the magic that she would create on our wedding day! When our day finally arrived, Amy (9 months pregnant at the time) and her team surpassed all expectations. She was bursting with energy, had researched our venue for good photo locations, and captured every moment of our ceremony and reception. By the end of the night, Amy had put together a slideshow to be viewed by guests as they left. I'm not sure how she was able to accomplish so much in one night but I'm so thankful that she did. Amy is truly an artist with a passion for photography, and more importantly, for capturing love and memories. She is the BEST!

Incredible Photographer and Experience!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Casey R

Aside from picking out my dress, my biggest concern when my husband and I got married in May was choosing a photographer. I had seen some of Amy's photos from my cousin's roommates wedding that she had taken in Red Bank, NJ two years before I was even engaged. I always kept... Read More her name for when I got engaged and reached out right away. We met for coffee and I knew immediately she was the one for us. Amy was asking about our love story and really wanted to know us as a couple and our journey to our wedding day which I loved. What truly makes Amy so special is how passionate she is about photography. when my husband and I did our engagement photos it was the first time we were having them professionally done. She was so patient and made the experience so memorable. Amy paid such amazing attention to detail from the right pose, lighting, etc. My sister and nephew had come along to help hold our dog Ralphie when he wasn't in pictures and I loved that she had us take some photos with them as well. To this day they are some of my favorites. Moving to our wedding day, Amy and her team were right on time and just always made us feel comfortable. From getting ready in the hotel, to the church, beach photos and reception Amy was incredible especially being that she was 8 months pregnant! At the reception my husband and I were given a sneak peak at some of our photos from the day and I couldn't help but start crying. Amy and her team made our day so special by capturing each moment as it happened. With a lot of my friends getting engaged I am so eager to offer Amy's name as someone they should look into. Aside from her incredible talent, she is a beautiful person inside and out. She made us feel so comfortable during our year and a half engagement and I cannot thank her and her team enough. Each photo is more beautiful than the next and I know we will treasure them for all our years to come!

Amy Rizzuto

Before I was a wedding photographer, I was a bride. I had been planning my big day since I was a little girl, recreating it again and again with Barbie and Ken. When I received my wedding pictures, I was blown away. In front of me was a complete story of my day, details and all. I knew immediately I would treasure these photos forever. As a wedding photographer, I want my brides to feel the same overwhelming happiness that I did. When you look back at your wedding day photos, I hope you see a unique and authentic representation of your love, one you will cherish for years to come.