Candid Wedding Photography

When I photograph a wedding, my goal is to document as many moments from the day as possible in their most genuine form. I don't manipulate surroundings or orchestrate my couples-- I capture the day as it happens. I do my absolute best to create photographs that accurately depict the happiness, love, and laughter you and your loved ones experience throughout every part of your day (whether it's the ceremony, reception, or even the walk between the two) while making your day run as seamlessly (and fun!) as possible. If you're looking for candid, expression-oriented wedding photography, I know we'd be a great match! Over the past few years, I've photographed weddings in 11 different states, as well as in Mexico, Denmark, and Italy.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Boston | New England | Worldwide (518) 951-4083
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Chelsea R

Amy went the extra mile for us, flying to Denmark for our destination wedding! From planning the trip to our wedding day, she was prepared, professional, and full of great advice. We had a small ceremony and she accompanied us all day, getting the breathtaking shots we wanted... Read More and so much more (we still can't pick our favorites!). She was also key to keeping our event rolling and to give a helping hand if needed so we could relax and enjoy the good moments. She was always a step ahead of us! What we love about Amy is she is more than just a great photographer with a gorgeous portfolio - Amy is there make your day a day to remember. We can't imagine our wedding without her!

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Shannon M

Amy is absolutely amazing!! Not only does she take amazing pictures, but she is absolutely a blast to work with! She made our engagement photos and the wedding so relaxing and fun! I will absolutely contract her to complete family photos in the future!

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Emma H

Hiring Amy as our photographer was hands-down the best decision we made for our wedding. We could tell right away that not only would Amy help us capture our day beautifully, but she would pay incredible attention to detail and help ensure that our day ran smoothly - a factor... Read More that was really important to us. Amy traveled to NYC for our engagement shoot and we knew as soon as we met her in person that we made the right choice. And we were completely blown away by how amazing our wedding photos turned out - beyond our highest hopes! Not only is Amy an amazing photographer, but she's fun to be around and incredibly organized. Amy made sure that we got every single shot we wanted on our wedding day and then some, and she had such creative ideas for locations and special shots. We couldn't be happier with our experience with Amy, and we can't recommend her highly enough!

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Laura H

We couldn't be happier with Amy! Not only was her shining personality the perfect compliment to our special day, but her work is also amazing. She had a great vision, and all we had to do was follow along and enjoy! She is flexible and creative. She also helped us move the... Read More family photos along, which was important to us. I would recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Kaylen S

Having Amy as our photographer was the best decision we made when planning our wedding! She went above and beyond (even in the pouring rain!) to make sure that we got the photos we wanted- and they came out SO perfect! We had the best experience with Amy, and she was absolutely... Read More awesome to work with. From start to finish she was so personable, professional, and attentive. Amy is SO talented and exceeded our expectations. We can’t wait to work with her again in the future!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jennifer P

Amy is not only an amazing photographer, but she is an amazing person. We truly enjoyed every moment spent working with her. She is so creative and so fun to work with, we wouldn't have wanted anyone else to capture every moment of our special day. We were truly surprised by... Read More the amount of photos that she took. She so effortlessly captured the true essence of our wedding. Her candid photos make our wedding day come alive over and over for us. When we see pictures of our guests dancing or laughing or just enjoying the moment, the memories of the day come flooding back to us so vividly that we can almost hear the music, or smell the flowers, but most importantly we remember exactly how we felt in that moment. If you are lucky enough to book Amy for your wedding you will have stunning photographs that you will treasure for a lifetime.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Katie S

Amy was fantastic. She was super down-to-earth, friendly, flexible, great to work with. Not only did we hire her to take our engagement photos, but my mom liked those so much that she hired her AGAIN to take pictures at our rehearsal dinner. She then went way, way out of her... Read More way to accommodate my mom, and she made us 5 customized cardboard cutouts, that were not only perfect for the rehearsal and wedding, but that we're still using today (6 months later!). On top of all that, she had the best rates of any photographer we researched. Highly recommend--and thanks so much, Amy!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Brittany A

My sister (MOH) and one of my bridesmaids are both professional wedding photographers, so I had a lot of expertise helping me while choosing a wedding photographer for our wedding. My sister told me about Amy and said "I have a photo crush on her ... you should call her!" I... Read More did, and Amy was very professional, friendly, and I felt great about booking her. Amy captured our wedding day perfectly, despite some BIG last minute changes and running late the whole day, Amy was calm and made the whole experience enjoyable and fun. We just got our photos back and they are amazingggg!!! She has a wonderful eye for detail and was able to capture some really raw, beautiful moments. Don't hesitate about booking Amy, she's the best !!!! :)

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Olivia M

I cannot give Amy enough glowing remarks! I was very picky when planning my engagement photos because they have the potential to look forced or staged since there aren't things organically happening around you unlike during a wedding reception. But when I talked to Amy on the... Read More phone and told her my ideas about getting some ice cream and having some fun on the beach in Kennebunkport, ME, she was all for it!! I could not be happier with the way the actual shoot went - we had a blast! - and the way all of our photos look. They are exquisite! They are so fun and timeless. Amy did some research before the shoot to check out even more backdrops than I already considered. She was prepared and professional but fun and relaxed! And! She traveled from Boston up to Kennebunkport, ME to take our photos. For anyone who wants to have beautiful photos and to have a ball taking them, you have to choose Amy!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Corinne C

We were so grateful that Amy photographed our May wedding! I was VERY picky when it came to photographers since I knew these photos would last forever. After meeting with Amy, we knew this was the right fit! Amy has a calm and friendly demeanor that makes working with her so... Read More great. She works hard to get every photo you want and manages to capture the raw emotion of the day. We went to 3 different locations for pictures and still managed to make it to our cocktail hour! Our photos are absolutely amazing happy! We highly recommend Amy!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Samantha C

Do yourself a favor and hire Amy to photograph your wedding right now! She photographed our June 2017 Back Bay wedding and we are so happy that she did. Throughout the entire day she remained calm, cool, collected, and professional. We are enamored with every single image.... Read More She managed to capture genuine emotion in these special moments. We will look back at these photographs and relive our wedding day for years to come. Amy is amazing!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Shelby S

Amy is incredible, and a very talented photographer! We were absolutely blown away by the photos of our engagement shoot. She was awesome to work with - very communicative, and easy to talk to. Having your photo taken can be a very awkward experience, but she made it painless,... Read More and dare I say, fun :) You really can't go wrong working with Amy. We will definitely cross paths again in the future I'm sure!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Lauren B

We researched about 30 photographers and I can't imagine having any one else photograph our wedding besides Amy. I remember looking through her portfolio and not seeing one picture I didn't love. I have the same feeling now when I look at all of our wedding photos. I knew they... Read More were going to be great, but they are BEYOND amazing. There are pictures that I wouldn't have even dreamt of. They are both natural and classic, exactly what we wanted. Amy herself is so sweet, professional and clearly a hard worker. With both our family and bridal party photos at two different locations, we finished on time thanks to her. I can't say enough how thankful I am to have had her as our photographer for both our engagement and wedding photos.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Mary Kate A

All I can say is WOW. We hired Amy in October of 2015 for our June 2017 wedding and thank God we did! She's a young professional who is absolutely amazing at what she does. I knew after seeing her previous work and moments after meeting her for the first time, we had to have her... Read More as our photographer. Amy is so laid back and goes with the flow with whatever the day throws at you, but is always aware of the time and schedule of your day. She always checked in to make sure you got all the shots you wanted but also offered direction on pictures with not only family and bridal party, but between the two of us (which was perfect especially for a groom who isn't a fan of taking a lot of pictures.) Looking at both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures we are so grateful to have had her as our photographer, we couldn't have pictured anyone else to capture these memories. We can't wait to use her for life's future moments!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Mary G

Amy did our engagement and wedding photos and they were spectacular! She captured so many precious moments we will cherish forever. She was always professional and flexible throughout the whole process. Thank you so much Amy!!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Kelly B

11.26.16 State Room, Boston MA I am so lucky to have had Amy a part of our special day. She was truly a pleasure to work with. Amy’s work is outstanding and she captured the candid moments we will forever cherish. Amy’s fun and kind personality made it a joy to work with her.... Read More Her work is incredible and I am grateful that we chose her to photograph our wedding. If you are looking for a professional, genuinely kind photographer whose work is breathtaking, then Amy is your girl!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Emily B

Amy did an amazing job capturing our Vermont wedding! She was very organized and east to accommodate our busy schedules in terms of finding times to meet, chat, and do the engagement photo session. She made us feel at ease during our photo shoots and was inconspicuous during... Read More the wedding weekend while still getting AMAZING shots. She really capture the essence of the day with great candids. We recommend her highly!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Sarah C

Amy captured our wedding day in the most perfect way possible. We are so happy that we chose her. From the very beginning, she was so calm, understanding, professional and supportive in answering our questions and providing guidance. She has been an absolute joy to work with... Read More throughout the entire process. On the day of our wedding, Amy was a dream to work with. She stayed behind the scenes, yet was able to take so many amazing shots. We love every single one of the pictures and couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. We are so grateful for the joy and love she was able to capture on our wedding day and we will truly cherish our photos forever.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Samantha S

Amy is so incredibly talented! She shot our engagement photos this summer and the experience was fantastic. She made us feel totally relaxed and comfortable. When the forecast called for a downpour Amy kept in close contact with us during the afternoon and let us know about... Read More all the available options (change of location, umbrellas, rescheduling). Luckily, the skies cleared and she captured beautiful images that my friends and family adore. I can't wait for her to photograph my wedding!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Mae C

Amy is incredible! She did an amazing job capturing all the beauty and emotion of our wedding day, and delivered breathtaking photos that we absolutely love -- every single photo is bursting with exquisite details and candid emotion. In addition to being a talented photographer,... Read More Amy was also very professional and timely, immediately putting us all at ease thanks to her sweet, genuine personality. I'm so thankful we found Amy and can't recommend her highly enough.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Kristen M

Photography was so important to us and there's no better feeling than having all the confidence in your photographer! Amy was exceptional in her professionalism, timely responses to all e-mails and making us comfortable with her. You may not realize it, but you spend most of... Read More your day with your photographer; we wanted someone who takes direction and gets every shot you want but also isn't overbearing and Amy is perfect combination. If you want peace of mind, leave it in the hands of Amy and you will love your photos, promise!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Caitlin S

Amy Spirito is outstanding! I entrusted my wedding-photographer younger brother to find us an incredible, yet reasonably priced, photographer based in Boston, and he certainly did not steer us wrong! Our wedding was unusual in that the church ceremony was a few days before the... Read More reception, in a different state, but Amy devoted as much effort and professionalism to our three hours together as though it had been an entire day. She met with us months beforehand to carefully hammer out the details and was kind, excited, and highly professional right from the start. My husband and I made a special request for the day of our wedding to take pictures along the Charles River, where we had met. Although other photographers would have been reluctant to attempt taking waterfront pictures in the early afternoon on a sunny day, Amy recognized how important this place was to us and was totally game for the adventure! We really appreciated her flexibility and personal touch. We just got our photos sent to us and they are breathtakingly beautiful. She did an incredible job of capturing our immense joy that day, and the photos taken on the Charles River came out better than I could have possibly imagined! Amy has given us the incredible gift of boldly preserving our cherished memories forever, and we couldn't be more grateful!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Katie C

A friend recommended Amy to us for a wedding photographer. We would recommend her over and over again to others! She drove over two hours to our wedding in the White Mountains, NH and captured all the beauty the scenery had to offer. Our pictures were absolutely amazing and... Read More it’s so hard narrowing down the choices for a wedding album. Amy is a talented photographer and is a wonderful person to work with. She allowed for the proper amount of time for our first look pictures and family pictures after the ceremony to not feel rushed. Leading up to the wedding Amy was always an email away with a quick response and was very organized with specific requested photographs. If you want the most beautiful pictures to save from the most amazing day in your life, Amy is the person you want.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Lisa R

We were so fortunate to have Amy take our engagement pictures, document our destination wedding abroad, and cover our stateside reception as well! Needless to say, we're obsessed with her work. Our photos are breathtaking, precious, and timeless. Additionally, as an LGBT couple,... Read More Amy was a hands-down fantastic person to work with. I remember opening our album of our ceremony and feeling overwhelmed by the feeling that these are the images we'll have to forever remember this day, and we couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Christina A

When we were selecting the vendors for our wedding, photography was the most important one. It is so crucial that you find a photographer that is going to capture the day for you, as you will look back and only see a blur of events. Amy captured everything. We look back on our... Read More photos and know that she captured our day completely. We chose Amy because of her portfolio, professionalism, and personality. The photos she captured of us were natural and authentic. We don't have any forced smiles or stiff poses, and this is simply because of how she works. During the day, we barely even noticed she was there, which is why we believe she was able to capture so many tiny moments. We are so incredible happy with the photographs from both our engagement session and wedding and highly recommend Amy Spirito Photography to any couple looking for a wedding photographer.

Amy Spirito

From intimate Engagement Sessions to extravagant celebrations, Amy Spirito is an expert at capturing emotion-oriented moments and documenting couples' journeys through love and marriage. After moving to Western Massachusetts to attend the prestigious Hallmark Institute of Photography and graduating in 2012, she relocated to Boston to launch Amy Spirito Photography. Amy primarily photographs couples in and around Boston in addition to photographing weddings from Maine to Mexico, and is available for Destination Weddings worldwide.