Bridesmaid Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation

3015 Simms Rd, Serving Colorado, CO (719) 635-7197

My overall rating by far is more than 5 stars

Reviewed on 9/27/2015

My daughter is getting married in October 2016 and wanted to start 'looking' now. Patty not only took care of us by helping find the perfect wedding dress, but we also got a grandmothers dress, and 4 others dresses (2 mother dresses and 2 dresses for her Aunt's). I highly... Read More recommend any bride to be contact Patty.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 6/17/2015

Patricia is a very sweet lady that purchases discontinued dresses and resells them to girls not wanting to spend a fortune on their wedding dresses. I was in a tight budget and still managed to find a dress that I absolutely FELL in love with. It was the first dress I tried on... Read More at her place, and I know I've made the right decision. Patricia is really good at what she does, and she's been around the block with her OWN marriage of 41 years! She's worth a visit and worth the business. I greatly recommend her.

Great Service!

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Nicole C

An Affair of the Heart is the perfect place to find your bridal gown! Patty was very helpful and not pushy in the least bit- she accommodated our party and helped me find the dress of my dreams. I wanted to shop around a bit so after visiting with Patty, I went to another local... Read More salon. The prices were astronomical compared to An Affair of the Heart's, and their staff was very aggressive. I left and called Patty right away, and picked up my dress the next day!

2015-06-16T00:29:33 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy I was able to help you find your dream dress. I wish you the best on your new life.Kind regards, Patricia

An Excellent Bridal Shop

Reviewed on 4/20/2015

My daughter found Patty's shop and made an appointment to try on dresses. Patty was so personable, patient, helpful and gave the best one on one service. She listened to what my daughter was looking for and found different gowns that matched what she wanted. My daughter found... Read More the dress she will wear as well as her veil at fantastic prices. It was like working with someone we had known for a long time. I would highly recommend Patty and An Affair of the Heart.

Great Inventory, Great Experience

Reviewed on 3/31/2015

I first made an appointment with Patricia to see and try on dresses when I first got engaged. Patricia welcomed me to try on dresses with her even though I wasn’t quite ready to purchase a dress, I just wanted to have fun and try on wedding gowns. She was so sweet and knew a lot... Read More about the designer gowns I was trying on. Almost one-year later, I was finally ready to purchase my wedding dress. I went to David’s Bridal and Danelle's Bridal, both low quality dresses, especially for the price, and not a great experience. I went back to Patricia and I was welcomed with a smile and her memory of what dresses I loved one-year ago was amazing, she knew exactly what looked good on my and I loved. Her inventory is incredible, she carries so many jaw-dropping designer gowns for a tearfully pleasant price. It was hard to pick just one dress, as many of her gowns we “the one”! After her patiently and pleasantly putting the same dresses on me again and again so I could compare, I finally purchased an Enzoani Gown for a MASSIVE discount compared to what the designer regularly charged. I had so much fun with Patricia, her wisdom, patience, personality, inventory and knowledge made for an outstanding experience. I highly recommend An Affair of the Heart.

Great Dresses, Great Experience

Reviewed on 3/22/2015 Anna E

I very recently went to The Affair of the Heart and found my perfect dress. Owner has such a large selection and variety, plus great accessories. She took the time needed to help me into dress after dress. My family and I were so pleased with this experience! I would... Read More definitely go back to her and recommend her to all of my friends. Not to mention, her prices are AMAZING!! I could easily stay within my budget, a thing I expected to be impossible. Thank you so much for the beautiful dress!

Wonderful Wedding Dress Experience!

Reviewed on 3/05/2015 Paulette A

I truly cannot say enough great things about my experience wedding dress shopping with Patty at An Affair of the Heart! Her dress selection and prices are outstanding! She was very patient, helpful, we were not rushed and were given that one on one attention every bride wants.... Read More There were so many beautiful designer dresses it was hard to choose, but I did find my perfect wedding dress and way under my budget! I highly recommend going to An Affair of the Heart....you truly won't regret it!

In love with my dress!!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Danielle M

Patricia patiently assisted me as I tried on dress after dress, until I found "the one". I got a brand new lace wedding dress for under $500. Patricia was very knowledgeable and gave us great local resources for dress alterations. I can't wait for my future husband to see it... Read More on me!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 12/15/2014

Patty was so wonderful at helping us. She had many dresses and helped my daughter find her perfect dress in 1 hour! We have to get it altered some where else but for the price, it's worth it.

Best place to get your wedding dress!

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Katie H

I cannot say enough good things about Patty and her shop! I had been dress shopping to a few shops in Colorado Springs already. After trying on some dresses I found the style and look that I knew I wanted. However, those dresses were so expensive at those other stores! And I am... Read More talking a couple thousand dollars for the dress, and I definitely could not afford that! After visiting another shop and seeing that they did not even have a dress like I was looking for, I got worried. Then someone recommended Patty's shop. I called her and explained what I was looking for in my dress, and she said she had three dresses that fit the criteria. Once I got there, she was immediately welcoming and it was so much less pressure than a big bridal shop. I tried on three dresses, and found the ONE! And for a price I could not even believe! I absolutely recommend An Affair of the Heart to anyone looking for a dress! I wish I had gone in sooner to see Patty!

Phenomenal Dress Shop Experience

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Lauren R

Patty is so great to work with. She is flexible, easy going and very supportive. Her prices are wonderful and I was truly amazed by her selection of dress in all shapes and sizes. Even if you're not a size 4 Patty will have a dress for you. She is great and I recommend her... Read More highly over my other experiences with pushy commissioned sales people in other stores.

Beautiful wedding gowns on a budget

Reviewed on 5/03/2014 Jenny P

This place is awesome!! I just couldn't bring myself to drop over $1000 on a wedding dress. I was search david's bridal and I could not find anything half decent within my budget. This place has off the rack designer gowns that are super affordable. I paid $375 for a... Read More beautiful Mori Lee dress that was originally $1200. Worth the trip!

Invitations

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 April C

I ordered my invitations on line. Patty was so helpful in helping me with the wording and spacing. She is the BEST! She is very patient and helpful. Her desire for your day to be special shows in everything she does.

Wedding Gowns

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Jessica B

Patty was so wonderful and patient. She has a great selection of beautiful gowns in a variety of sizes. Working with her was a great experience.

A nice little shop

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Stefani R

This little shop is very personable

nice little boutique

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Nicole F

Patty was lovely and so was her boutique. It was a very low pressure intimate atmosphere at her home. She helped my find a great dress and matching veil. She was a sweetheat! Totally recommend her.

2013-09-19T21:40:46 Response from the vendor

Why Thank you! It was my pleasure helping you find YOUR DRESS! I myself, am not fond of high pressure so want to help my brides be at ease when shopping for a major purchase, as their wedding dress is. You look gorgeous in your... Read Less Read More

Kim

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 Kim M

Patty was so nice and helpful. I knew before I went the location was in her home, but she has a great set up. She had several dresses for me to try on. I had been to Danelle's and found a dress I really wanted but the price was just more than I could choke down and no room to... Read More make payments. Well, Patty had me try on 2 dresses then gave me #3 and it was THE ONE!!! SO beautiful, more than Ihad ever hoped for. It was discounted and in my budget. Patty has worked with me so I could make this my dress. I can't say enough grest things about her service. Selction is limited but that didn't stop me from finding the perfect dress. A designer dress, my dress... for just under $1000. 5 Stars!!! Kudos

2013-08-13T01:17:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kim! The dress was definitely the one for you! Are are going to be a very beautiful bride on your wedding day. Kind Regards, Patty

One Happy Bride

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 chelsey s

I heard about An Affair of the Heart from my cousin who recently got her dress there. So I called and talked to the owner Pat and made an appointment. My wedding is not til June but I wanted to start looking around for dresses and prices. Pat was so kind and professional all her... Read More wedding dresses are beautiful and there are many to choose from and many different sizes. After trying on a couple dresses I told Pat I was looking for a vintage style dress and no poof! She said she might have one downstairs so she went and to my surprise she brought up the dress I had been picturing. I tried it on and BANG I fell in love this was the dress! I was so excited and the price was just right! Thank you so much Pat for making this Bride extremely happy!

2013-08-13T01:20:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you! You look just perfect in the dress. It was a pleasure helping you find the dress of your dreams! Patty

An Affair of the Heart, Colorado Springs, CO

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 nancy s

My experience with Patricia owner of Affair of the Heart was amazing, personable and professional. My daughter had tried on over 100 bridal dresses between Colorado Springs and Denver. None of which she could say “yes to the dress”. When we called Affair of the Heart, I will... Read More a little taken back by the location. But after talking with Patricia I thought what is a few more dresses to try on, after all I had been thru this 100+ times. When we arrived at Affair of the Heart, Patricia immediately listened to my daughter’s wants in her dress. After 3 dresses, yes 3, my daughter said “YES TO THE DRESS”. My total experience at Affair of the Heart was more professional, heartfelt, personal than I had experienced from any other bridal shop or bridal boutique in Colorado Springs or the Denver area. Please give Patricia a chance to help you find that perfect bridal dress for your wedding day. Thank you Patricia for making this Mother of the Bride watch her daughter walk down the aisle in her dream bridal gown. Nancy/July 2013

Affair of the Heart

Reviewed on 7/18/2013

I looked everywhere for a dress. I must have tried on 200 or more. At Affair of the Heart I felt comfortable, not pressured and FINALLY found my dress. (It is a designer dress that had never been tried on..)

2013-07-19T16:42:43 Response from the vendor

It takes just that special one! And you found it. The gown looks exquisite on you. I enjoyed sharing this event with you. Patty

Stunned

Reviewed on 7/07/2013

I still cannot believe how lucky I was to find this shop. Patty at An Affair of the Heart listened to what I wanted, made sure I stayed in my low budget, and was even fun to try in dresses with. She was very flexible and down to earth. She has so much more value to offer brides... Read More than other shops. My gown would have cost three to four times what I paid if I went elsewhere. You do not have to spend thousands on a dress! Give Patty a shot!

2013-07-19T16:45:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you! That's what I want to do is help a bride find a gorgeous gown at a fantastic value. Thanks again for coming in. Patty

In Love with An Affair of the Heart

Reviewed on 6/02/2013 Penny M

I would highly recommend checking out the dresses at An Affair of the Heart. Patty has an large selection and her prices are AMAZING. You never feel pressured or rushed while at he shop. I actually tried on the gown that I ended up getting 3 times! Patty was very helpful and... Read More patient. She is proof that you can have a gorgeous dress and not have to break the bank to get it!

2013-06-03T20:02:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you. I know buying a gown is very important and I want my brides to be happy with the dress they get! My Best Wishes for you. Patty

An Affair of the Heart

Reviewed on 3/05/2013 Lois H

My daughter and I enjoyed our time at An Affair of the Heart. We were treated with respect, courtesy, and kindness. We enjoyed our time, and experience. I would absolutely recommend "An Affair of the Heart"

Wonderful Experience for a Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 2/25/2013 Heidi H

I got a great dress for a great value. I did not want to break the bank for a dress and I didn't have to. I am so happy with my dress, I am so happy with the experience, Patricia was a wonderful lady and a huge help! I am so glad I purchased my dress here rather than a big... Read More chain store and no one will have my dress!

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 12/19/2012 Laurie P

I would not hesitate to recommend An Affair of the Heart! What a wonderful and personal experience I had. It was intimate and I felt I could take my time and make the right decision for me. I never felt rushed or pressured to make a decision like I did at the other salons. I... Read More was able to take the time to think it over and when I was ready I went back and purchased my beautiful gown and I can't wait to wear it on my wedding day! Thank you so much! I plan to return with my maid of honor to purchase her dress also.

2013-07-19T16:39:14 Response from the vendor

I am so happy I had a share in your wedding. You will look beautiful in your dress! Patty