Andrea Juarez: Hair + Makeup Artist

Central Texas, Hill Country, San Antonio

Andrea Juarez: Hair + Makeup Artist

To put it simply: I love being part of my bride's big day. By helping maintain a calm environment, I'm able to focus on the bride's needs while connecting with family and girlfriends. Bridal beauty is so much fun! I'm able to create a wide range of looks from soft and romantic to dramatic and on to GLAM! I'm a native Austinite with a passion for hair and makeup. During the week, I work behind the chair at Pearl Hair And Makeup Studio. I'm trained in cuts and color with the Vidal Sassoon Academy. Along the way, I cultivated a love for styling both in hair and makeup and as a result also style for editorial shoots as well as bridal work.

Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Beauty

Austin, TX Central Texas, Hill Country, San Antonio (512) 828-2929
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/22/2016

Andrea and her team are amazing! I was so overwhelmed on my wedding day, so Andrea's calm attitude was just what I needed. I was a little nervous because there was a bit of a miscommunication at my trial, but things went smoothly after that and the team was very professional.... Read More My wedding party's makeup was natural and beautiful and the hair was to die for! Each of my bridesmaids got a different hairstyle and I can't even pick a favorite. Andrea and her team were really able to understand the aesthetic we were going for, even if we were not able to verbalize it well. She just gets it and will not let you down!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 shane p

Andrea and her team did amazing work on me and my bridesmaids. Andrea made my bridal hair dreams come true! When I made a mistake in my count on who wanted to get their hair done, they were so professional in handling the situation and they were so flexible when we were running... Read More out of time. Definitely book her! She is awesome!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Elizabeth S

Andrea is truly an expert as a hair and makeup artist. During my trial appointment, I showed Andrea a photo on how I wanted my hair to look and she easily did the hairstyle with no issues. Andrea did an AMAZING job on my hair, my mother's hair and my bridesmaid's hair on my... Read More wedding day. She was extremely helpful by coming to our hotel and having everything she needed on hand. The time she spent on each bridesmaid was perfect and she had us looking stunning! We had so many compliments the day of the wedding and I continue to get compliments when I show my wedding pictures. I will definitely continue to go to her for all my special events. Andrea is the best!!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Marissa S

Andrea was great working with my schedule coming from out of town. She was able to schedule my hair trial in my short time frame and I loved the look she created. She was also wonderful with my mom and sister on my wedding day. Couldn't recommend more!

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Therese R

Andrea, I'd give you 10 stars if I could! Brides and people looking to get glammed up - look no further Andrea is your girl! She did my hair for my wedding and when I first met her on my trial she was so fun and friendly and oh yes, she made me look like a total knock out. Fast... Read More forward 5 months to my wedding day and because of my dress and the weather I decided to change my hair style on the DAY OF the wedding. :) Oops! I came to Andrea and requested one hair style and she was very honest with me and said it likely wouldn't hold up as I wanted considering the rain, but she gave me a different recommendation instead and OH MY GOSH I cannot thank her enough. My hair throughout my entire wedding night rain and all looked AMAZING and I got non stop compliments. In fact, despite the wet floors you couldn't even tell it was raining when it came to my glam squad look with her :). Thank you, Andrea for giving me honest awesome advice!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Shirl M

Andrea exceeded my expectations. From first contact, to setting up my trails, and the day of our wedding-- she made everything so smooth & easy. When I had my first hair and make up trail, I showed her pictures of the look I wanted and she nailed it. She was so helpful,... Read More professional, and I honestly think she is the reason I remained so calm the day of our wedding. If you are looking for someone who is professional, helpful, and can give you the particular look you are going for-- she is your girl! Thank you Andrea for making hair & make up a breeze!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Samantha N

If you want to book hair and make-up for your wedding in the Austin area, look no further than Andrea and her team. Andrea's team did hair and makeup at my daughter's recent wedding. We had the bride, three bridesmaids, two moms, and the flower girl. Andrea's team arrived... Read More promptly, had everything necessary to perform their work, and were friendly and helped create a relaxed, fun atmosphere. Andrea is quickly responsive to emails and questions and created a timeline to make the day more organized. She is very easy to work with in setting appointments, arranging payment, etc. Andrea did two trials for us with the bride. Her salon is at a great location and easy to find. The ladies working there were fun and it had a very nice vibe. Our bride has long, curly thick hair and, at first, we thought we wanted it down. Andrea did a beautiful job but we decided, after the visit, that we would prefer an up-do. At the second trial, Andrea designed a gorgeous, relaxed up-do that was exactly what we wanted. She designed it with a jeweled hair vine and in a way that we could easily attach the veil for the ceremony and remove the veil for the reception without screwing up the hair design. My father passed away unexpectedly the week of the wedding and on the day of, we were feeling all sorts of emotions. As mom of the bride, I was especially stressed, exhausted, and really disorganized. Andrea insisted I come up late in the day (as I had missed my allotted time) and the and her team did my hair and makeup beautifully. It was seriously the first time in over a week I sat down, closed my eyes, and took a breath. Had Andrea not done that, I would not have been ready for the wedding and I really appreciate her making me take that time. As for the hair and makeup, she did a gorgeous job. The hair designs were ethereal, romantic, and not fussy. She created hair designs that worked with each girls' type and length of hair and coordinated everyone. They photographed beautifully. Andrea and her team will be the perfect match for your special day!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Molly E

Andrea and I had so much fun putting together my hair and makeup wedding look. She completely understood my love for makeup and my neurotic tendencies about doing my own eyebrows. ;-) My hair was full and gorgeous, and stood up the to the head of a Texas "fall" wedding. I could... Read More not be happier with her work.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Janice M

Andrea was PERFECT! Everyone looked so beautiful on my wedding day. I really enjoyed working with Andrea. Everything was easy and hassle free. Andrea is organized and does a AWESOME job. We got married on a very humid day in September. My hair was still amazing by the end of the... Read More night after dancing and running around. I highly recommend her for you wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Rikki P

I loved having Andrea do hair and makeup the day of my wedding! I've actually known her for a few years, and when I got engaged I knew right away that I wouldn't want anyone else. She did an amazing job - she is so even-keeled in the midst of a very hectic day and I felt at ease... Read More knowing that I was in good hands. I was so nervous the night before that I only slept about two hours, and I genuinely looked like it. By the time Andrea was finished, I looked completely perfect - 100 times better than I would ever have imagined. I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Rikki P

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Lauren B

Andrea Juarez is the BEST of the BEST. I searched FOREVER to find the perfect hair and make up person and Andrea surpassed all of my hopes and expectations. Not only did she do an AMAZING job and make me feel like a million bucks but she went way above and beyond to make my day... Read More perfect. I opted for extensions to add some volume and a few days before the wedding I decided that the color was not a perfect match compared to my natural hair because I have balayage with a million different shades. Andrea spent HOURS last minute making them ABSOLUTELY PERFECT and brought them the day of. Her personality is one of a kind, she is so fun to be around and I refer her to everyone I know. I love her so much that I travel all the way from San Antonio to Austin so that she can cut and color my hair! Go for Andrea and you will thank yourself later!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Alex H

Andrea and her team are absolutely amazing. They not only made my bridesmaid's hair and makeup look fabulous, but also did an incredible job on my mother and grandmother! Everyone looked gorgeous. Andrea is extremely patient and caring. After being talked into my hair going into... Read More an updo before the wedding and not feeling like it was the right decision, Andrea knew immediately what I really wanted! Even though it took longer than expected, she was professional the whole time and didn't stop until it looked perfect. I am so glad I had her on my big day!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Abby H

Loved having Andrea do my hair on my big day! She did exactly what I wanted, which was a loose up-do fitted with a flower head piece, and the result was perfect! Easy to work with -- I couldn't recommend more.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Susan J

Andrea was awesome on the wedding day and also for the trial! She is laid back and also a very sweet person. Everyone was happy with their hairstyle and Andrea did a great job listening to what everyone wanted.

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Jennifer B

Andrea was great! Very cool and laid back and does beautiful work. I was nervous the day of and she made sure I was ok and had water and got something to eat. She also did my engagement pics and my hair held up great until the end because it was very humid, yay Texas weather.... Read More She did my bridals as well and it was the most humid day ever and the curls fell a little but still looked good. My wedding day was perfect my hair held until the next day and I was so happy!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Amy W

I was a ball of nerves the morning of our wedding until I sat down and Andrea began her magic. She was relaxed and professional and asked all of the important questions to insure my hair and makeup turned out the way I envisioned. Andrea also did hair and makeup for my... Read More bridesmaids. We had the best time sitting around drinking mimosas, laughing and getting ready for what was the most amazing day! Everyone looked great and i wouldn't change a thing about the experience.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Vanessa D

I booked Andrea for my friends wedding and I couldn't be more pleased! I felt prettier that day than on my own wedding day! She was very professional but she kept it fun and relaxing. She set the mood for that amazing day and I feel confident saying the bride felt as gorgeous as... Read More she looked. I will absolutely use her in the future!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Natalie T

Andrea is simply the best. Not only did she make me look like the most gorgeous version of myself for my wedding and engagement photos, she is the most calming presence. On my wedding day, having her there with me was like having a best friend, body guard, and hair and makeup... Read More artist all in one because she kept me centered on the real meaning of the day, kept people who might be stressing me out at bay, and she made me look stunning. Also, my hair and makeup lasted through Texas July heat, and I even was able to wear it into the first day or two into my honeymoon. Andrea is incredible, and I highly recommend that you hire her!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Heather M

Andrea was SO accommodating and was able to come and do my wedding hair on very short notice!! She not only did an amazing job on my hair, but was also kind, cheerful, and very interested in what my personal style was. She was efficient and is SO talented! I would definitely... Read More recommend her for wedding hair, or any hair for that matter! :) She did an amazing job!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Lauren P

Andrea is one of the most down to earth people I have ever met. Not only did she do amazing hair, but she made me feel so at ease and comfortable. My hair was exactly what I wanted and she definitely kept me smiling. :) I couldn't have picked anyone better to be part of such an... Read More important piece of my wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Anne C

We got married on July 11th and Andrea did hair for me, my bridesmaids and our moms. She did an AMAZING job on everyone's hair- exactly what we were looking for. She also helped me out with my hair for my rehearsal dinner. The whole weekend was amazing and she helped make... Read More everything perfect. I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Lauren H

Andrea did an amazing job with my hair and make-up for my both my portrait and my wedding day. She was able to completely recreate the same look twice and did an excellent job. She listened to my input and had some suggestions of her own that turned out just like I imagined!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015

I've been seeing Andrea for hair color and cut and she has brought this once raggedy mop back to life. Everything about my hair is amazing! The color is rich and the texture is so silky now that brushing it is no longer a pain. I had a friends wedding coming up and wanted to... Read More make sure my makeup would not melt off seeing as how June is a hot hot month! If I try any kind of shadowing or contouring, I look like a bruised fool. I had heard so many great things about her hair and makeup. After looking over her bridal photos, I decided I needed her expertise. Andrea worked her magic and my hair and makeup were on point! I received so many compliments about how natural yet stunning I looked. The only time I reapplied was after crying with the mother/son dance and after eating naturally. Otherwise I was golden all night and yet I didn't feel like I was wearing pounds of makeup! She applied individual eyelashes that blended so well with mine one girl wanted to pull on them lol! My hair never fell flat and thats with all the dancing! She gave me my confidence that evening. I highly recommend Andrea. You Wont Be Disappointed!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Samantha P

Andrea made me feel absolutely beautiful! She takes the time to make sure every aspect of your hairstyle is perfect. We had the honor of having Andrea style my hair and my bridesmaids, we looked absolutely stunning. What I greatly appreciated besides her work is her relaxed... Read More attitude. She makes you feel very calm and at ease throughout the entire process. For our very big day I felt so relaxed and excited and I am very thankful to her for that. She will not disappoint, she is truly an amazing artist. -Samantha