Andrea Juarez: Hair + Makeup Artist

Austin, Hill Country, Central Texas, Birmingham, Alabama

Andrea Juarez: Hair + Makeup Artist

To put it simply: I love being part of my bride's big day. By helping maintain a calm environment, I'm able to focus on the bride's needs while connecting with family and girlfriends. Bridal beauty is so much fun! I'm able to create a wide range of looks from soft and romantic to dramatic and on to GLAM! I'm a native Austinite with a passion for hair and makeup. During the week, I work behind the chair at Pearl Hair And Makeup Studio. I'm trained in cuts and color with the Vidal Sassoon Academy. Along the way, I cultivated a love for styling both in hair and makeup and as a result also style for editorial shoots as well as bridal work.

Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Beauty

Austin, TX Austin, Hill Country, Central Texas, Birmingham, Alabama (512) 828-2929
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Therese R

Andrea, I'd give you 10 stars if I could! Brides and people looking to get glammed up - look no further Andrea is your girl! She did my hair for my wedding and when I first met her on my trial she was so fun and friendly and oh yes, she made me look like a total knock out. Fast... Read More forward 5 months to my wedding day and because of my dress and the weather I decided to change my hair style on the DAY OF the wedding. :) Oops! I came to Andrea and requested one hair style and she was very honest with me and said it likely wouldn't hold up as I wanted considering the rain, but she gave me a different recommendation instead and OH MY GOSH I cannot thank her enough. My hair throughout my entire wedding night rain and all looked AMAZING and I got non stop compliments. In fact, despite the wet floors you couldn't even tell it was raining when it came to my glam squad look with her :). Thank you, Andrea for giving me honest awesome advice!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Angela B

Andrea is extraordinarily talented/ she made the whole hair and makeup process effortless and fun. You should go out of your way to book her for your wedding or other important event. Book early!!! That was one of the best decisions I made. When it comes to wedding hair and... Read More makeup, your decision is extremely important because you will literally be looking at those photos for the rest of your life. I met with Andrea for hair and makeup trials to craft the look that I wanted for the wedding. Andrea really listens to what you want and adds that it factor that you need for your pictures. I felt beautiful, glamorous, and most importantly, like my best self. Andrea placed a bridal headpiece I had purchased and also a veil for my wedding day. I also went to have my hair done for the rehearsal and I received SO MANY compliments both days. She is really, really good, and as a bonus, super easy to work with and uncomplicated! I was so extremely happy and give highest recommendations.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Leslie C

Andrea! What can I possibly say about the woman? She is just the best. I was so nervous going into my trial - I had flown down from NYC just for the trial a month or so in advance of the wedding and was kind of thinking.... "God, I hope I don't hate this? Because if I do....... Read More there's no coming back for another trial, really...." WELP - didn't hate it. In fact - she blew me away. She took this complete mish-mash of 50 pinterest inspo photos (that were only loosely related, if I'm being honest) and gave me PERFECT hair and makeup. She also did hair/makeup for my two ladies on the day of, and they both looked FLAWLESS. Also - fun fact that I didn't think about when booking hair/makeup - but like.... hey - you have to hang out with your hair and makeup artist ALL DAY. For real - she will be there first thing in the morning right up until the end. Trust me when I say that you DO want to hang out with Andrea. A true professional, and a super fun broad!! LOVE YOU, LADY!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Teresa D

Andrea is amazing!! I worked with her for my wedding hair and she also did all 5 of my bridesmaids. Everybody looked amazing. My hair was perfect and held all night (Which is not an easy feat!). Thank you Andrea!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Lisa F

Andrea was amazing! I met with Andrea to do a trial ahead of time, which gave me a great idea what my original inspiration looked like on me. It also helped me to decide that the hair style I had first pictured wasn’t the best look for me. Between the hair trial and the wedding... Read More day, I decided that I wanted to change my look for the wedding day from down to a full updo. Andrea created a beautiful updo the day of my wedding, that incorporated the flowers from my florist perfectly! She did an amazing job on my makeup - It was beautiful and natural and I still felt like myself! Best makeup I’ve ever had done before by any professional. I couldn’t have been more pleased with her as were my bridesmaids and Mother. She is very talented!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Lindsey C

Andrea is the absolute best! She did my hair and makeup on my little sisters's wedding day and it looked amazing! But beyond that she was just awesome to be around on the big day. She helped keep things light and fun and memorable.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Nicky M

Andrea in team were absolutely fabulous and a blast to have in the bridal suite leading up to my big night. She made everyone look spectacular and was a joy to work with! Would highly recommend to anyone looking for bridal (or non-bridal) hair/make up ANYWHERE!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Theresa G

I don’t even know where to start! Andrea is professional, talented, and dependable!!! She will make you, your mother, and ALL of your bridesmaids have the most memorable experience getting ready for the big day. Even after going through a traumatic experience in her personal... Read More life, she still honored her commitment and worked her magic! We will forever be grateful for everything Andrea has done for us! You would be crazy to hire anyone else!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Madeline B

Andrea did an amazing job for my wedding! I have a lot of hair that doesn't like to hold curls or up-dos but she made the up-do work and did a beautiful job! I also just enjoyed being around her while we were getting ready. She has a fun attitude and let me relax. I recommend... Read More hiring Andrea for your wedding or events.

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Shannon N

Loved my hair and make up from Andrea. I got married in June and now three months later people still tell me they loved my wedding hair! I was super anxious and switched up literally everything about the look I asked Andrea for on the day of my wedding and she rolled with it. I... Read More felt so beautiful and confident all day and night! Her airbrush make up was amazing.

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Heidi W

Andrea is the best! she did my hair for a trial, my bridals and my wedding and she did a fabulous job. My hair is always flat, but Andrea worked her magic and it turned out great! I really couldn't be happier with the work that she did. She is sweet, professional and punctual.... Read More Book her! you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Marissa S

Andrea was great working with my schedule coming from out of town. She was able to schedule my hair trial in my short time frame and I loved the look she created. She was also wonderful with my mom and sister on my wedding day. Couldn't recommend more!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Shirl M

Andrea exceeded my expectations. From first contact, to setting up my trails, and the day of our wedding-- she made everything so smooth & easy. When I had my first hair and make up trail, I showed her pictures of the look I wanted and she nailed it. She was so helpful,... Read More professional, and I honestly think she is the reason I remained so calm the day of our wedding. If you are looking for someone who is professional, helpful, and can give you the particular look you are going for-- she is your girl! Thank you Andrea for making hair & make up a breeze!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Samantha N

If you want to book hair and make-up for your wedding in the Austin area, look no further than Andrea and her team. Andrea's team did hair and makeup at my daughter's recent wedding. We had the bride, three bridesmaids, two moms, and the flower girl. Andrea's team arrived... Read More promptly, had everything necessary to perform their work, and were friendly and helped create a relaxed, fun atmosphere. Andrea is quickly responsive to emails and questions and created a timeline to make the day more organized. She is very easy to work with in setting appointments, arranging payment, etc. Andrea did two trials for us with the bride. Her salon is at a great location and easy to find. The ladies working there were fun and it had a very nice vibe. Our bride has long, curly thick hair and, at first, we thought we wanted it down. Andrea did a beautiful job but we decided, after the visit, that we would prefer an up-do. At the second trial, Andrea designed a gorgeous, relaxed up-do that was exactly what we wanted. She designed it with a jeweled hair vine and in a way that we could easily attach the veil for the ceremony and remove the veil for the reception without screwing up the hair design. My father passed away unexpectedly the week of the wedding and on the day of, we were feeling all sorts of emotions. As mom of the bride, I was especially stressed, exhausted, and really disorganized. Andrea insisted I come up late in the day (as I had missed my allotted time) and the and her team did my hair and makeup beautifully. It was seriously the first time in over a week I sat down, closed my eyes, and took a breath. Had Andrea not done that, I would not have been ready for the wedding and I really appreciate her making me take that time. As for the hair and makeup, she did a gorgeous job. The hair designs were ethereal, romantic, and not fussy. She created hair designs that worked with each girls' type and length of hair and coordinated everyone. They photographed beautifully. Andrea and her team will be the perfect match for your special day!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Molly E

Andrea and I had so much fun putting together my hair and makeup wedding look. She completely understood my love for makeup and my neurotic tendencies about doing my own eyebrows. ;-) My hair was full and gorgeous, and stood up the to the head of a Texas "fall" wedding. I could... Read More not be happier with her work.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Janice M

Andrea was PERFECT! Everyone looked so beautiful on my wedding day. I really enjoyed working with Andrea. Everything was easy and hassle free. Andrea is organized and does a AWESOME job. We got married on a very humid day in September. My hair was still amazing by the end of the... Read More night after dancing and running around. I highly recommend her for you wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Rikki P

I loved having Andrea do hair and makeup the day of my wedding! I've actually known her for a few years, and when I got engaged I knew right away that I wouldn't want anyone else. She did an amazing job - she is so even-keeled in the midst of a very hectic day and I felt at ease... Read More knowing that I was in good hands. I was so nervous the night before that I only slept about two hours, and I genuinely looked like it. By the time Andrea was finished, I looked completely perfect - 100 times better than I would ever have imagined. I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Rikki P

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Lauren B

Andrea Juarez is the BEST of the BEST. I searched FOREVER to find the perfect hair and make up person and Andrea surpassed all of my hopes and expectations. Not only did she do an AMAZING job and make me feel like a million bucks but she went way above and beyond to make my day... Read More perfect. I opted for extensions to add some volume and a few days before the wedding I decided that the color was not a perfect match compared to my natural hair because I have balayage with a million different shades. Andrea spent HOURS last minute making them ABSOLUTELY PERFECT and brought them the day of. Her personality is one of a kind, she is so fun to be around and I refer her to everyone I know. I love her so much that I travel all the way from San Antonio to Austin so that she can cut and color my hair! Go for Andrea and you will thank yourself later!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Alex H

Andrea and her team are absolutely amazing. They not only made my bridesmaid's hair and makeup look fabulous, but also did an incredible job on my mother and grandmother! Everyone looked gorgeous. Andrea is extremely patient and caring. After being talked into my hair going into... Read More an updo before the wedding and not feeling like it was the right decision, Andrea knew immediately what I really wanted! Even though it took longer than expected, she was professional the whole time and didn't stop until it looked perfect. I am so glad I had her on my big day!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 shane p

Andrea and her team did amazing work on me and my bridesmaids. Andrea made my bridal hair dreams come true! When I made a mistake in my count on who wanted to get their hair done, they were so professional in handling the situation and they were so flexible when we were running... Read More out of time. Definitely book her! She is awesome!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Elizabeth S

Andrea is truly an expert as a hair and makeup artist. During my trial appointment, I showed Andrea a photo on how I wanted my hair to look and she easily did the hairstyle with no issues. Andrea did an AMAZING job on my hair, my mother's hair and my bridesmaid's hair on my... Read More wedding day. She was extremely helpful by coming to our hotel and having everything she needed on hand. The time she spent on each bridesmaid was perfect and she had us looking stunning! We had so many compliments the day of the wedding and I continue to get compliments when I show my wedding pictures. I will definitely continue to go to her for all my special events. Andrea is the best!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Abby H

Loved having Andrea do my hair on my big day! She did exactly what I wanted, which was a loose up-do fitted with a flower head piece, and the result was perfect! Easy to work with -- I couldn't recommend more.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Susan J

Andrea was awesome on the wedding day and also for the trial! She is laid back and also a very sweet person. Everyone was happy with their hairstyle and Andrea did a great job listening to what everyone wanted.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016

Andrea and her team are amazing! I was so overwhelmed on my wedding day, so Andrea's calm attitude was just what I needed. I was a little nervous because there was a bit of a miscommunication at my trial, but things went smoothly after that and the team was very professional.... Read More My wedding party's makeup was natural and beautiful and the hair was to die for! Each of my bridesmaids got a different hairstyle and I can't even pick a favorite. Andrea and her team were really able to understand the aesthetic we were going for, even if we were not able to verbalize it well. She just gets it and will not let you down!