We tell all kinds of stories.

We are photo and video team and we love telling stories of love, cheer, dreams and passion. Stories that embrace and celebrate people as the individuals they are. We don’t believe in boxes, categories, or generic stories.

$$$$ – Expensive

Wedding

Online Proofing, Video, Photo + Video

Bow2010

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Brad E

My wife and I just got our wedding video from Anecdotally Yours and we've already watched it a dozen times or so. We were dead set against any sort of staged, "photo op," type moments in our wedding day. Instead it was really important that our day was captured as it unfolded... Read More so we could truly relive the day when we watched our videos. We got married on New Years Eve and we found Jeff and Erica to be so helpful throughout the day, in staying a bit later than normal and really capturing the essence of a New Years wedding and our loved ones that were there. The time lapse shots, the multiple vantage points for the speeches, the clips of our friends and family in the moments that we weren't there have really helped us cherish this day more than we could have hoped for. Would recommend Anecdotally Yours to anyone in the future!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Margaret L

We loved working with Jeff and Erica on and before our wedding in August! They both made us feel comfortable the entire day and even stayed late to get the best footage. We haven't seen the video yet but love the pictures and are looking forward to watching the video! We loved... Read More having them be part of our day!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Sonya R

Anecdotally Yours is exceptional at what they do. Erica takes such care in telling her clients stories through photos. She takes the time to get to know your personalities and what is important to you, and captures the day from big moments to those little details (oftentimes... Read More that mean a lot to you) that most people may not even notice. Erica gives you a tangilbe memory of your wedding day through photographs; her work is absolutely amazing. We had so many great photos, both from our engagement session and the wedding, it was hard to choose. Erica is wonderful to work with. We can't say enough good things!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Natalie M

I wish I could give them 10 stars! I found Erica and Jeff through my sister who worked with them for her wedding. They did such an amazing job working with my sister and after getting to know our family, I knew I couldn't imagine a more perfect couple to work with for my... Read More wedding. They have such a professional yet down to earth nature that make working with them both really fun. Everything from the day to day communication, to the weekend logistics, to the final products was done absolutely first class. Throughout the planning process, Erica and Jeff were incredibly gracious and accommodating to our many requests, our very large wedding party (30+), both of our families needs, the travel that was required, and so much more. They have amazing communication - when things came up throughout the process, they always reached out to discuss, made sure we felt comfortable and happy, and always gave us lots of options. Several times throughout the process they went above and beyond to deliver an amazing experience and photo/film for us - extra travel, extra effort to film different areas of our wedding venue during off times of our wedding weekend, extra family photos, and so so much more. I truly believe they are unique in that they put as much love and thoughtfulness into the photo and films as we would if we could do ourselves. It's not just a business for them, it's really about creating memories and sharing stories with others to have for a lifetime. My husband and I (and our families) still watch our wedding video all the time and cherish our beautiful photos! Couldn't imagine a better couple to do our wedding!! So incredibly thankful for Erica and Jeff!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Shelby W

I was that bride that decided last minute that I wanted a videographer. My photographer, Deanna (A Day to Adore Photography), asked me what I had in mind. She recommended Jeff immediately and even found out he was available our wedding day. The first time I spoke with Jeff I... Read More knew he was the perfect fit. He is extremely genuine and truly loves the work he does. He made a point to say he thinks each story is unique. His goal is to provide you a personal video of your day. I would recommend him to anyone looking for someone whose goal is to make your wedding video as unique as you and your partner are. My husband and I could not be happier with this last minute decision. He is worth every penny, and his professionalism is off the charts. My bridesmaids, family and anyone who met him thought he was a great guy! I am so thankful Jeff was recommended to us. We definitely lucked out!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Mimsy W

I'm not one to write reviews, but for Anecdotally Yours, especially Erica, I am going to. The most important thing to me for my wedding was the photography and videography. I was really looking for someone with a photojournalist approach, who would capture all the moments and... Read More tell the story of my day, and I found that with Anecdotally Yours. I received over 1200 digital photos from the 10 hours that Erica and her second shooter, Keshia were taking photos, and each and every one was outstanding. It's too hard to even find my favorite! The best thing about the photos, is that Erica knows how to take an action shot. There wasn't a single one that looked blurry, and she got the best shots of my friends and family dancing. She was also great about capturing the wedding guests' emotions, and I loved seeing all the smiles on everyone's faces, and the tears on some from the wedding ceremony. I know that as the years go by, and I look at my wedding pictures, I will be able to remember every single moment of that day because of all the great photographs!! :) If you're looking for a wedding photographer in Kansas City, go with Anecdotally Yours!!!! And to see some wonderful examples, check out their blog for a great explanation of all their work. And take a peak of Mimsy and Jeff's wedding on June 25, 2016 for what I think are the best ones ;)

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Alexandra O

If you are looking for someone who captures the emotions and special moments of your entire wedding day/weekend, Anecdotally Yours is the perfect choice. Erica, Jeff and their entire team made a beautiful film that told the story of our wedding through the perfect choice of... Read More music and scenes that my husband and I (and our families) will cherish for the rest of our lives. Thank you, Anecdotally Yours!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

I knew Erica through our small town that our families grew up in and knew that she was a photographer in KC! I am also a photographer an artist so I was excited to check out her work when I became in engaged. Everything I saw was like a work of art, and I knew we had to have her... Read More shoot our day! Erica is so easy to get along with and made us feel so at ease throughout talking about what we wanted before our wedding, and the actual day of the wedding. I am so in love with our photographs. They are something that Jordan and I will have forever, and there is nothing sweeter than that. I feel like she captured our friends, family, and us in the best way possible and would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Heidi M

The best $ we spent on our wedding was on these two! The product they produce is amazing and they are delightful to work with. We still watch our short film often:) ❤

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Madi R

I am a wedding planner that has had the privilege of working with Anecdotally Yours and I am consistently impressed by the work of Erica and Jeff and their service to our couples in Kansas City. They both have a calming presence that make a client feel at ease. They truly work... Read More like a "fly on the wall" capturing the big moments and the intimate (and just as important) moments that make each couple's day personal and special. Their photography is top quality and the results are always stunning. Their approach to get to know a client before booking is so important and yields beautiful photos because they know what moments are most significant to a couple. They focus on relationships and that is something I admire greatly. Every time I have seen their work, it takes me right back to the emotions and the feeling that surrounded the day. When it came time to assist a very dear family member in planning her wedding, Anecdotally Yours was my first suggestion because I knew the standard of excellence that they deliver. (And there are so many talented photographers that I am able to work with, so I believe that says a lot!) They are one of a kind and it would be a wise choice to hire them for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Melissa P

After reading numerous "I wish I would have done this..." type lists I knew one thing about planning my wedding - I wasn't going to skimp on documenting my wedding day. Growing up with Jeff, choosing Anecdotally Yours was a no-brainer. Regardless, working with Jeff and his... Read More staff exceeded all expectations. He was very professional and always available for any questions/concerns. Day of, we hardly knew they was there which is a reflection of how amazing they are! Their exceptionalism was confirmed when we finally saw our final product. Our wedding video was absolute perfection and told the most beautiful story. I will always treasure being able to watch our video and relive our day which my husband and I have done numerous times over the past year. If you're considering a videographer, I would highly recommend doing it - it's the best investment and something you'll be able to share with family and friends for years to come. Once you decide to hire a videographer, hands down choose Anecdotally Yours. Many thanks to you and your team, Jeff. You're truly amazing at what you do!

Best decision we made!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Danielle Y

We made it a priority to include a videographer in our wedding to help us to remember our special day. Jeff and Erica helped keep my stress at ease as we led up to the wedding, they are very organized and prompt! They blended in well during the day were just a part of our... Read More group, we hardly noticed they were there. We were blown away with how great out video turned out. If I were to do it again, I would still use them.

Delightful to work with; we cherish our video

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Madison M

Erica and Jeff were so lovely to work with. They really made an effort to get to know us before our wedding to determine what was most important to us. I know they listened based on what our wedding highlighted. They were so kind and took care of everything that needed to be... Read More done for our day to be perfect. One of my favorite things they did is set up a first look with my dad and I. We absolutely love our highlight video and watch it constantly. I've heard from several brides that their biggest regret was not getting a videographer. Don't have that regret! Hire Anectodally Yours and have something that will last far beyond your wedding day.

Your story deserves these two

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Rachel K

Let’s face it. There is going to be so much emotion packed into this one day, you are going to be focusing so much on all the feels that you’ll remember very, very little about what actually happens on your big day. Someone clued us into this early, so we knew we’d need to... Read More document it well enough that we’d be able to feel all of that emotion again through pictures and video. So, we started looking for a photographer and videographer 2 years before our wedding. We researched what I believe to be every single “professional” photographer in KC. What it ultimately came down to for us was two things: their talent and how they genuinely wanted to tell our story. We met with a few photographers before meeting Erica and Jeff. All of them had wonderful work to show us and made sure we knew how great their product would turn out. When we met Erica and Jeff, they didn't show us any of their work. They asked us about how we came to be and got to know each of us. They were the last ones we met with and the first ones who asked us about ourselves. No one else cared about who we were as a couple, they only cared to know the details- where was it, what our theme was, how many in our bridal party, etc. Erica and Jeff listened to us tell our story, and we could tell they were committed not only to giving us phenomenal pictures and video but also were committed to telling our story as we would want it told. Think of them as biographers who tell their stories with photos and video. I felt they put that much work into getting to know us. They told our story so.freaking.well. They had listened to everything we told them and documented every last thing that was important to us on one of the most important days of our lives. There is not a thing they left out, and I still feel all the feels I’d forgotten I felt that day. I say this as a woman who had a 10-year history with her husband. We had a lot of story to tell, and they told it perfectly. You will know it as soon as you meet these two- they are the ones who were meant to tell your story.

The absolute best!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Ashley C

I don't even know where to begin! My husband and I used Anecdotally Yours for both photography as well as videography. From the day we first met Erica and Jeff we knew that there were no other people we would want to work with. They are an amazingly talented duo, and captured... Read More our wedding day in a way that we will always cherish. They aren't just photographers/ videographers, but they are story tellers. when you look at their craft you get a sense that you almost know their clients. Only a truly talented team would be able to capture moments like these. We feel so lucky to have found Anecdotally Yours, and are excited to use them for future milestones in our lives!

Was reluctant to do a videographer, but was totally worth it

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Sarah B

Erica and Jeff did an absolutely amazing job, and I couldn't have been happier with our video. My dad pushed us to get the video, and I was pretty indifferent to begin with, didn't think it would be worth the money. But it absolutely was! Erica and Jeff were barely noticed on... Read More the day, but managed to capture all of the very best moments. We have watched our video probably 30 times in the first year of marriage, and we look forward to watching it on every anniversary. If you are on the fence, go for it! You will not regret it!

Book Anecdotally Yours!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Gillian J

My husband and I booked Erica as our photographer for our wedding on May 30th, 2015! I knew from the moment I met her that she was perfect for the job. Not only is she incredibly skilled at her profession, but she is personable and lovely to be around. She took a genuine... Read More interest in our love story, and made sure it was illustrated in our pictures. We talked extensively before the wedding about what I envisioned for the feel/mood of the day, and she made all those dreams a reality. She was a calming force on the day of the wedding,and made sure she captured every special moment while still staying on schedule. She is exceptional and I highly recommend her services!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

We had a small country wedding at my parents house in Kansas this spring in May and Erica did a wonderful job capturing the event! From the getting ready, brides first showing, ceremony and the visit reception. I was in love with the photos she took before the sun went down of... Read More just the groom and I. I'd recommend her to everyone! Shes kind, sweet and has an eye.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Megan C

Erica photographed our wedding back in 2009, and it was such an amazing experience. After seeing some of her work online, I knew I wanted her to do the job. Her availability, plus the venue and pastor, decided our wedding date. That's how much I wanted her! She was wonderful to... Read More work with, and the pictures turned out beautifully. We got a professional book done by her (highly recommend), and have even had the pleasure of her taking baby and family pictures for us after the birth of our daughter. Book her now!

Beautiful work by an incredible business!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Amanda B

We were incredibly happy with the work Anecdotally Yours did for our wedding. We hired them for photography. Erica shoots very professional photos in an unobtrusive way during your big day. Unobtrusiveness was a big selling point for us when we hired Anecdotally Yours because my... Read More husband and I wanted the day to unfold naturally with photography there to document it and tell our story. Erica did just that. She was a calming presence through the hectic day and I felt like she was there to help me, the bride, with anything I would have needed. Erica met with us several times over Skype (because we live in different states) to get to know us and what we were looking for in our photos. We stated our desires and gave her a list of all the poses we just had to have. She was very patient and helpful with our families as we cycled 20+ different arrangements of people through the formal group/family photos. Several weeks after the wedding we received a disk with all the rights to the images which allowed me to make our thank you cards from our photos. Having the rights to the images also allowed me some extra time to decide which photos I REALLY liked and wanted to put in an album instead of having to decide right then and there in a photographers studio. We loved her work so much that we had her take photos again around our first anniversary. Overall, I love working with Anecdotally Yours. Erica captures beautiful images for a very fair price.

By far the best investment we made during the wedding process!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Abby W

Erica and Jeff with Anecdotally Yours were fantastic to work with from start to finish. When I first saw their work I immediately knew I wanted to work with them. Because of how talented they were, I was afraid they would be out of our budget. However much to my surprise they... Read More were right in line with the competition. In retrospect I would have been willing to pay more because of the value they offered and the wonderful film we got in return. Not only do we have a amazing film, to share with our friends and family for a lifetime, they were a great addition to our wedding day as well. They are just really great people, that we felt completely comfortable sharing our wedding day with. Throughout the processes Erica and Jeff were 100% professional. We met before the wedding to talk about what we wanted, and we felt completely confident they would get the job done, and they did. They were very clear setting expectations ahead of time and delivered on all of their promises.

Care Professionalism and Quality that's rarely found anymore

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Gracie C

My positive experience with Anecdotally Yours and Erica started from the first phone call, she was so upbeat, informative, and took time to answer questions and make suggestions. It was wonderful with my all my other vendor calls to have someone sound positive and interested... Read More instead of rushed and pushy. The wedding day they were a fun, comfortable, and professional presence to have getting ready, during posed photos and the ceremony and seem to blend and already be there every time I was thinking "I'd like a picture of that" during the reception. I couldn't have been happier with my end results. Tons of wonderful pictures with beautiful color and subject matter. I LOVED all the pictures of my guest interacting (full of real smiles!) and little moments during the evening that I don't think many other photographers would capture or capture so amazingly well! My favorite pictures are of my groom and I that I wasn't even aware they were taking :D

Absolutely loved working with them!

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Rebecca M

From the first emails we exchanged, I knew Jeff and Erica would be amazing to work with. And they didn't let us down! They cared about every little detail, and were able to help me score a big surprise on my groom at the end of the night! The final video was amazing, and... Read More something we'll cherish for years to come!

Muchas Gracias (Mexico Destination Wedding)

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 trevor w

We couldn’t have been more impressed. From our very first encounter, we knew “Anecdotally Yours” was the best choice for us. We found Jeff and Erica after an expansive search of destination wedding videographers. We spoke to multiple companies, previewed video after video,... Read More looked everywhere from Hawaii to Mexico, we received quotes in excess of $10K and were scared that a wrong decision could ruin one of the most important memories of our lives. Our worries were entirely negated with the team at “Anecdotally Yours,” they delivered the most beautiful wedding video we could have imagined and completely exceeded all expectations for half what others were offering. THE EXPERIENCE: Our first Skype meeting was spent getting to know each other and developing a relationship that we never would have anticipated from a wedding videographer. They were interested in us as a couple and made the whole nerve wrecking wedding prep experience very personal and friendly. Although Erica was not able to join us in Mexico, Jeff and his second shooter Nate were absolutely amazing. Since our wedding venue was “remote” to say the least, we picked up Jeff and Nate and immediately we became friends on our 1 ½ hour journey into the desert. They were completely open to any ideas we had and were full of incredible ideas we would never have thought of. The entire time they were in Mexico they made themselves available to us. Any activity or adventure we went on they were happy to join us which was welcomed surprised. Their personalities were contagious, as everyone in both of our families had fallen for their charm just like we had; but when it came to shooting an important event or the most discreet detail they were experts and professional through and through. THE VIDEO: It was so incredible to see our wedding weekend pieced so perfectly together. Their attention to detail was flawless and the subtle editing techniques they used allowed our story to flow so effortlessly that family and friends who were not able to join us could watch the video and feel as if they had stayed the entire weekend. My wife and I are eternally grateful for all the hard work that Jeff, Erica and Nate did for us. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We cannot wait to work with you again in the future.

Amazing Experience!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014

We hired Anecdotally Yours to video our wedding ceremony and reception. They went above and beyond in all aspects of their job. They were incredibly easy to work with and the product they delivered was exceptional. My wife and I have watched our wedding video multiple times and... Read More been more and more impressed each time!

Erica

I love my husband, Kansas City, happy people, golden sunset light, Betty Rae's ice cream, our two little boys, and photography (not in that order). :) We love getting to know people and their stories, and everything we do is focused on creating imagery that tells that story in a beautiful yet real way.