Angela Mia Italian Pastries

Norwalk, CT

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cakes + Desserts

247 Connecticut Ave, Norwalk, CT (203) 838-0003

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Sade s

Extremely Unprofessional & Racist Establishment: PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COSTS. It hurts my heart to write this review because I was very excited to purchase a cake from this well known bakery for my mother's wedding. They put 0 effort into the cakes we ordered (we ordered a... Read More miniature version of the wedding cake as well to keep for the home THEY DID NOT EVEN SHAVE & SHAPE THE CAKE). My aunt who owns her own bakery in Canada was 100% appalled and upset and this is just the beginning. Next, the cake we ordered made incorrectly and delivered late to the venue (which sadly turns out to be the smallest of issues I now have with this company). When I called this morning (the day after the wedding) to inform them that the cake they delivered was not what we ordered the employees denied any wrongdoing and proceeded to laugh at me while I was on the phone. The lady who did the tasting with us claims to not to remember us ? Then we were told that instead of the manager assisting us the owner would call us in two days about the issue? When I returned to the store for the second visit today to actually speak to the manager (Donna) she did not let me get a single word in. She publicly embarrassed me and yelled at me right in front of her employees, when I walked out I broke down in tears in my car, never have I ever had such an experience in my life. Honestly with God as my witness the manager of this store screamed at me, refused to let me even speak, and declared I wasn't actually the customer (although the cake was paid for with my money and purchased there by my recommendation). I couldn't imagine her speaking to their "typical clientele" that way. Lastly, when I finally was able to get a single sentence out to her I informed Donna that I would recommend that the company I work for (which regularly orders from this bakery) to not do business there again she replied " That is perfectly fine". <--- The MANAGER thinks it is perfectly fine to lose business!!! Shame on whoever gives her a paycheck cause she is a liability. If you are a person of color or a person who values spending your money at businesses with customer service and respect for ALL customers please please please PLEASE go else where. Luckily for us the rest of our vendors exceeded our expectation!! This establishment however, in their entirety is one big disgrace.

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Patricia M

Died and gone to dessert heaven! Our Wedding was on October 16, 2015 at The Water's Edge at Giovanni in Darien, CT. Our package included a wedding cake with choices from 3 bakeries. My husband and I decided to do unscheduled visits one Saturday to each bakery and try... Read More various products to make our choice on the bakery. Let’s just say, Angela Mia won hands down (as we tested their cupcake and cookies and were in heaven)! We worked with Donna, who was very outgoing and was able accommodate our requests. She gave us three options of cake filling - Cannoli, Chocolate Mousse, or a combo of Chocolate Mousse with Cheesecake. We wanted a three tier cake. Each tier had 2 fillings and three layers of cake – Cannoli and chocolate mousse. Donna was ok with making this extra adjustment as part of our package. She came up with a special lighter butter cream, which was more like a whip-cream, tasted amazing, and still allowed decorations. I wanted a pattern on our cake that matched our cake topper. Donna's team matched it exactly! Additionally, this bakery provided three trays of cookies for our dessert table at an additional cost (with no extra delivery charge). As a bride, I never had to worry about Donna delivering for us – I knew she had it all covered! Our Wedding Experience...I remember looking at our wedding cake at its table in the venue. It was exactly what we wanted, both the look and the taste! I am pretty picky with my desserts, and I have absolutely no complaints! And on our 6th month anniversary, we went back to Donna for another cake!

Gorgeous

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Kim E

Our cake was included in our package so I'm not sure of the actual price but what an astounding cake it was! It was exactly the way we imagined it to look and tasted wonderful! Our guests were raving about how beautiful it was and great it tasted.

Scrumptious!

Reviewed on 3/18/2015 Christina R

Angela Mia was recommended and provided to us through our vendor to do our wedding cake. (If we wanted to go elsewhere, it wasn't included in our package.) We called the bakery after we booked the venue and set up a taste testing. When we got there, we were provided with 3 or... Read More 4 samples of cake (it would've been nice if we were offered coffee, tea, or milk to drink with them). We fell in love with one-their chocolate mousse cheesecake. We discussed what we wanted the cake to look like and left. I was a little uneasy leaving and not having a picture drawn out or sketched as to what it really would look like, but we left. I had to change the wedding date and when I called to do so, it wasn't an issue and they did it no problem for me. A couple of weeks before the wedding I called and gave them our final count and we had to downsize a tier, but she explained how she would do the cake (two layers were textured one way and the other two were going to be smooth with snowflakes), the amount of flowers she needed the day before, along with the cake topper. It was simple enough. We got to see our cake and it was beautiful! It looked how I pictured it too without being able to see a picture beforehand and all the guests loved it! It was delicious and is my favorite now. I highly recommend checking them out.

wedding cake

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 christine z

They did an amazing job on my wedding cake!! very talented people. also, the cake was delicious, highly recommend this place for a wedding cake!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Jennifer P

I have been to Angela Mia a few times before for cakes and cookies, but my wedding cake was by far the best thing I've tried from them. We had Italian sponge cake with raspberry and lemon curd filling. It was amazing! We worked with Donna on design ideas and then left the... Read More smaller details up to her. The cake turned out beautiful and they were a pleasure to work with!

December Bride

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Stacey M

My cake was simply amazing..... I have gone to many weddings where cakes are just awful and sit on the tables. As I looked around my room I noticed that everyone was off the dance floor and eating cake! The number one compliment of my wedding was the cake and a dozen guests... Read More asked who was the Bakery? Even my best friend is going to be getting the same cake for her wedding.If you want a simply amazing cake, skip that awful fondont that other bake shops use and go with the delicious Angela Mia!

Beautiful and tasty

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Iris L

Donna was so full of excitement when we met with her about our wedding cake. She listened to us and whipped up the perfect combination of cakes and flavors. We decided to go with her suggestion: layer of chocolate cake, topped with a thin layer of chocolate fudge, tiramisu... Read More filling and a NY style cheesecake with a light buttercream icing. We were not disappointed and neither were our guests. We have gotten multiple compliments on how delicious our cake was and definitely not too sweet at all. Our reception venue saved us our top layer but our families promptly ate it the following day!

Tasty, affordable, attentive

Reviewed on 12/12/2012 Kristen W

The staff of Angela Mia were very attentive to requests and in my opinion they have the most reasonably priced cakes in Fairfield County. We went with two different types of cakes; four layers decorated and an sheet cake (with frosting, but not decorated) in the kitchen. All of... Read More our guests thought the cake was very tasty...I recommend the three layer cake which has cheese cake, chocolate mousse and chocolate cake.

Gluten-Free Delicious

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Liz H

Donna made us a delicious gluten-free cake for our wedding. It was a chocolate base with a layer of cheesecake, topped with a light buttercream frosting. This was my perfect cake, I really could not have asked for anything more! Also I was really expecting to have to bring... Read More my own gf cake to eat at my wedding so I was delighted to learn that she was able to accommodate us. 3 cheers!

YUM!

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Christina C

Great cake!! It was included in our package!

Cake so good and beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/25/2012 Cinthya A

I want to start by saying that I am sooo glad I went to this bakery, because everyone absolutely loved my wedding cake! They are so meticulous with everything they do, and will make the very delicious and beautiful looking!

Great

Reviewed on 7/28/2012 Dana G

Angela Mia did a great job with our cake. We did a funfetti with chocolate mousse and it was very tasty! It not only looked great but tasted great as well. Everyone loved it.

Hmmm.....

Reviewed on 11/09/2011 Lisa P

There are two things to look for when finding the perfect wedding cake. The design and the taste. Hands down, Angela Mia's has the best tasting cake (think Entemanns!). The designs, well, simple designs are doable. Complex are not. I brought pictures of a design I wanted... Read More and the cake was delivered and looked nothing like what I ordered. These days, a lot of people want fondant cake and this place isn't a fan of it.

The BEST wedding cake ever!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 Diana K

Angela Mia did an amazing job on our cake. We wanted a funky looking cake for our wedding. In our first meeting we told them everything we wanted on our cake, they LISTENED and ran with it!! The cake was tasty, fun and met all of our expectations as they went above and... Read More beyond. Thank you!!

Hands down the place to go.

Reviewed on 5/31/2011 Sandra C

If you want a delicious cake that was made fresh and looks eatable. Not like a plastic fondant toy…this is the place to go. You’ll get a beautiful delicious cake that won’t cost as much as your wedding dress. Hands down the place to go.

Great experience

Reviewed on 3/10/2011 Katherine L

I got my wedding cake here. I first shopped around at other bakeries and everything was 3 times as expensive. I went to Angela Mia last and got exactly what I was looking for for 1/3 of the price. The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing. They are very reliable. I would... Read More definetly use them again.

Great cake and service!

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Erica S

The cake from here was awesome. It was delicious and the people were really easy to work with. I would highly recommend them.

Really affordable and delicious

Reviewed on 10/25/2010 Aylin K

If you are looking for a basic and classic wedding cake this is the place. The price is truly unbelievable compared to all the fancy bakeries out there that charge an arm and a leg for inedible fondant. Angela Mia is a true Italian bakery that may not be ready for a reality... Read More show, but the cakes still look and taste great.

Review for Angela Mia Italian Pastry

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Angela F

The cake was the 'best wedding cake ever' as rated by the guests. The flavor was superior.;We allowed the cake lady complete freedom in design, and instead of getting an interesting cake, we got a plain one. I thought that the opposite would happen. Looking back, I would... Read More still use them but be a bit more involved in the design.