Antebellum Design & Event Co.

DALLAS, TX

Charming Southern Stlye

Antebellum Design and Events Co. is a unique combination of sweet southern style and charming details. We offer a wide range of design for all budgets. Whether your wedding is local or a destination, our 35 years combined experience will help create a lasting and timeless day.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Arrangements

2431 SHORECREST DR, DALLAS, TX

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Leigh E

I knew from my first meeting with the ladies at Antebellum that I was in good hands. Marian and Christine took my ideas and ran with it. They created a beautiful look for my wedding and it was exactly what I was trying to achieve. The flowers and décor used at the reception... Read More made it look magical and the bouquets made for the wedding were gorgeous. They pop in pictures and I couldn't have been more pleased. I highly recommend Antebellum Design!

Reviewed on 1/23/2016 Jenny W

Marian and her team were great! We got a detailed quote with pictures after our first meeting and they were able to work with our budget. They even made recommendations to help us save money like using the bridesmaids flowers as part of the reception decor. Everything turned... Read More out exactly as promised, the flowers were on time and looked amazing! They even came back at the end of the night to pick up all of the rented items after the reception. I was referred to antebellum by a friend and I would also highly recommend them!

I will recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Jenna C

I was so impressed with Antebellum Designs from the moment my mom & I first met with them. I wasn't really sure what I wanted as far as floral arrangements went, I just knew I wanted to keep it simple. Marian & Christine did such an amazing job, showing me pictures to get an... Read More idea of what I liked. They were incredibly knowledgeable about my venue as well & while it seemed like other florists were trying to "up-sell" me, Marian & Christine were very honest. They made me feel like they were truly focused on my vision for my wedding, as opposed to adding on extra arrangements that I didn't really need or want. I think that was really what sealed the deal for my mom & I. Their pricing is very fair & they were very conscious of what would be in season for my New Year's Eve wedding - suggesting seasonal alternatives that fit my style. They were incredibly laid back & put me at ease. I truly felt like I was able to leave everything in their hands. On the day of the wedding, they delivered everything promptly & it was so beautiful! My bouquet was amazing, the bridesmaids all looked perfect, as did the guys & I was so happy with what they came up with for the moms & our "house party". I really can't recommend them enough! Thank you both for making my day beautiful & special!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Thanh T

Antebellum definitely exceeded my expectations. I had quite unusual centerpieces chosen out, such as trees and birdcages. A few days before the wedding I was freaking out about what I had chosen but when I saw my centerpieces on my wedding day I was completely blown away.... Read More Marian and Christine did an amazing job and all of my centerpieces and boquets were breathtaking. The flowers ended up costing more than my dress but they were gorgeous, unique, and looked beautiful in my pictures. Both Marian and Christine were very easy to work with, professional, and they always quickly responded to all my emails.

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Peng K

We were out of state clients and never got to meet with Marian or Christine at Antebellum. They made the flower picking process so easy and the final product was amazing, more beautiful than I had hoped for. Everyone loved the flower arrangements! I had a few changes throughout... Read More the process and Christine was so helpful in guiding and advising me to ensure my vision was fulfilled. We also ordered flowers for our wedding cake and that too turned out amazing. It was a wonderful experience and I would recommend Antebellum Design to anyone local or out of state.

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Jessica W

Thank you ladies at Antebellum! I had a lot of questions and some changes while planning my wedding. Marian and Christine were completely accommodating. They were both great communicators and answered all my questions so quickly. Oh yea, and the flowers, they were gorgeous! My... Read More new sister-in-law told me the wedding was simple yet elegant. The floral designed by Antebellum was a huge reason why. I couldn't have asked for better!

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Courtney M

Marian and her team at Antebellum Design are amazing! I am not much of a flower girl, however after leaving my initial meeting I was SO EXCITED. Marian was wonderful with bringing my floral ideas and color scheme to life. She spent extensive time with us, showing pictures,... Read More sample flowers, and sample arrangements to ensure our florals were nothing less than perfect. She even designed a specialty color and leash for our “flower dog”. She had wonderful ideas on reusing certain elements from the ceremony to the reception which was very helpful regarding costs. She arrived early on the day of and the set up was immaculate. I was also blown away by her walls and walls of beautiful vases including the collection of both gold and silver mercury glass. Marian and her team were so easy to work with and the results were perfect. I would recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 3/19/2016

What wonderful flowers and decorations. In and out efficiently! Great to work with and made the wedding and reception extra special. You can not do better with any other florist!

Reviewed on 3/15/2016 Kathleen H

These ladies were a pleasure to work with! They took the time to understand my vision and they made sure it was correct to the smallest details. They were also very flexible with my budget and created a plan that worked within it. It is obvious they love what they do and I could... Read More not have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 3/11/2016 Morgan S

Marian and Christine were fantastic. I came in and showed them exactly what i wanted. They weren't costly and they knew exactly what they were doing. Communication was timely and they were very prompt. My wedding came out extremely beautiful. Thank you so much Marian and... Read More Christine.

Reviewed on 3/07/2016

Antebellum was very disappointing, in terms of flower quality, longevity, and customer service. The flowers wilted halfway through our wedding day. This was most noticeable on the men's boutonnieres, and the women's corsages. By the time of the reception, every single... Read More boutonnière had clearly wilted. The table centerpieces fared better, but the centerpiece itself looked cheap and had a do-it-yourself appearance. We paid a significant amount of money for these flowers, and we expected the flowers to last a single day. They did not, and we were very disappointed. In addition, Marian was difficult to work with, she was pushy and rude, both to the bride and to the groom, in the weeks leading up to the wedding. We considered backing out of our agreement because of this poor customer service, but we did not need another thing to add to the list of wedding preparations. Looking back on it, we would have used Central Market for our flowers. Antebellum was poor all around, and the flowers ended up being the only thing that went poorly during our wedding day. We do not recommend Antebellum Flowers for your wedding day.

2016-03-07T16:41:14 Response from the vendor

I am sorry that your boutonnieres and corsages did not stay fresh for the entire day and evening. They were fresh and beautiful when they were delivered that morning to your hotel at 9 am, for a 2 pm ceremony start time per your request.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/31/2016 Ashleigh L

Went to Antebellum on a Thursday evening and told them our budget and they immediately changed their whole demeanor. Started telling us everything was impossible and that our ideas weren't good because our guests wouldn't be able to see across the tables, etc. Now almost two... Read More weeks later we still haven't received our quote. Needless to say, we went for a florist who worked with our budget and gave us a quote immediately! I wouldn't recommend this florist unless your willing to spend an incredible amount of money and aren't in a rush to get a quote and book a florist for your event.

2016-01-31T19:55:42 Response from the vendor

I was really surprised at this review. I know we had sent your quote 8 days after you were in. Upon checking on it, we realized we sent it to a wrong email address and I forwarded it to you. I apologize for that. It... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Jackie S

Antebellum was absolutely amazing to work with! They truly worked with me throughout the whole process to make sure that everything was created exactly the way I wanted and they definitely delivered on the big day! I highly recommend them!!

Very pleased with Mirian and Christine

Reviewed on 12/17/2015

In my opinion, flowers add so much to the details of the wedding/reception. Antebellum brings your choices together to create a work of art. They are wonderful at making the arrangements versatile. We were able to use the wedding flowers in the reception area with great... Read More ease. Our venue was the same for both events, but if you must transfer locations, they still make the transit simple. My daughter and I met with Marian and Christine and they were very attentive to the overall look, atmosphere, and desires of my daughter. They listened to every detail making suggestions on ways to get the look at the best price. When you have questions along the way, they are prompt to respond. When we arrived at the venue, I was able to see them and glad I did at that time, for they did their work and were gone before I realized. I would have loved to share with them how beautiful I felt everything was! Marian and Christine are artists! You will not be disappointed!!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 nina l

I had 3 friends who used Antebellum for their weddings and insisted that I contact them when I got engaged. I was not disappointed! Marian and Christine are an absolute JOY to work with. Their studio is lovely and they take such care for what they do. They are incredibly... Read More talented and made the entire process so easy. Do not hesitate in contacting these ladies. (I wish I could post pictures here.The flowers were insanely gorgeous!)

Hire them now!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

Marian and Christine were fantastic to work with! They replied to all calls and emails right away, making coordinating with other vendors easy. We walked in with a hodgepodge of pictures of things we liked, and they created stunning arrangements, centerpieces, and tablescapes... Read More that our guests are still talking about. Working with them was an enjoyable process from start to finish! I highly recommend!

Just Lovely!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Christina B

Flowers turned out beautiful with almost no direction from me. Very responsive with changes.

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Clayr S

From my first meeting with Antebellum I knew I would be using them for my Florist. They are professional and truly understood my vision. They worked with us on getting everything just right and made the entire process stress free! If you are looking for a florist who is not only... Read More creative but also professional look no further. Book them today - you will not be disappointed!

Gorgeous!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Laura P

Not only were the centerpieces for the reception stunning, but every flower was perfect! I gave them very little to go off of, and they took it and made something AMAZING!

Beautiful and Perfect Price

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Hope F

Marian was wonderful to work with. The flowers were the most beautiful I have ever seen and they were exactly what we discussed I wanted. She came in way under our budget so we were able to order extra flowers. They were one time professional and even set out extra decorations... Read More that I brought and wanted to have with there flowers. They assisted with the clean up at my venue and gave me no stress on my big day. They are also very nice to work with, Marian knows her flowers.

Reviewed on 6/24/2015 Iana G

I love Antebellum Design!! I met with several of the top florists in Dallas, but my visit at Antebellum Design made the casting easy. Marian and her team were genuine and personable. Instantly, I was so comfortable. Planning for florals became joyful, not stressful. Throughout... Read More the process, antebellum went above and beyond to make each detail as I imagined, only more beautiful. I had a late request to add letter to a floral and amazing Marian took care of it after hours. I felt as they cared as much about my wedding as I did! This is truly a dedicated, dependable and talented group that deserves all the accolades!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Lillie C

Marian and Christine were amazing!! They allowed me to come in multiple times and talk through what I envisioned for my wedding. They listened to all of my ideas and brought them to life to create the wedding day of my dreams. I was thankful that they were considerate of my... Read More budget and chose flowers and centerpieces that would be appropriate. The colors and style of the bouquets and arrangements were better than I could have imagined. Everything was perfect. THANKS ANTEBELLUM DESIGN!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Jennifer F

The Dallas wedding market is saturated with flower vendors, but Antebellum stands out from the rest. Our wedding was absolutely gorgeous, from my bouquet right down to the smallest flower adorning the cake. Marian and Christine took my vision and breathed in to it beauty and... Read More life. Their warmth and caring is met every bit by their professionalism and precision. I could not have asked for more. They exceeded every expectation I had in every regard. Our wedding (5.23.15) was the first day of the Dallas Monsoon Season and my cake lady was running almost 2 hours behind. Knowing I wanted floral on my cakes, Christine and Marian patiently waited for her to arrive to put the flowers on the cakes. I was absolutely floored - talk about above and beyond. I so highly recommend Antebellum for ANY event requiring the utmost is product, price and service.

Best Wedding Flowers

Reviewed on 6/05/2015

As an artist herself, my daughter's main priority at her wedding day was the arrangement of flowers. Antebellum Design successfully turned a 21st century wedding into a fairy tale. We got so many requests about the flower design; I wish I had a stack of Antebellum business cards... Read More with me. My favorite comment at the wedding was,"I never copy people, but I am using Antebellum Design and I want these exact flower arrangements." At the time of "Catch the Bouquet" my daughter threw the bouquet and stuck it high in the chandelier. A second later she was holding another bouquet, just as beautiful, ready to throw again. Antebellum Design was prepared even for such rare situation. Marian and Christine, the image of Antebellum Design, have impeccable taste and class. We will hire them again for our next big event. Thank you Antebellum Design! We are forever grateful! Veronica Gaidarski

Beautiful

Reviewed on 6/04/2015

Marian created the bright, casual look we wanted for the rehearsal dinner. She found the exact containers I wanted and work with us to stay in budget and get the colors just right. I worked with her via email as this was an out of town event for me. Terrific.