AUTHENTIC & FROM THE HEART

Wedding photography with a personal approach for non-traditional, laid back, & adventurous couples.

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Serving All of Texas & Beyond (210) 819-5971

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Emily J

I cannot say enough positive things about Anthony. My new husband and I live in Portland, OR, and found Anthony via The Knot. After looking through endless amounts of wedding photography, his stuck out instantly. His photos are so emotional, so natural, and we could tell... Read More instantly that he loves his clients like friends. We were lucky enough to have an engagement shoot here in Portland with Anthony, and it was so great to meet in person to get a feel for having a camera around, and for understanding how Anthony works. It was such an emotional shoot, I was in tears upon receiving the photos. I hate having my picture taken, and the photos of the two of us just made me so happy. He has a way of putting you at ease, at making you feel like nothing else matters but the two of you at that moment. For our wedding, Anthony made sure we were totally aligned on everything, and was an absolute rockstar. Our photos are everything I could have imagined and more. I only regret not having ten more of him there to take even more photos! We really appreciated his approach to weddings - as a couple who preferred not to do things in a traditional way, Anthony was an ideal partner. He was up for anything, and we felt so confident in entrusting capturing our day to him. Ours was only his second Portland wedding, but communication was a breeze and he was so easy to work with. We cannot recommend him enough for couples who are looking for something outside the ordinary for wedding photography. He is worth every penny.

2016-10-04T13:55:00 Response from the vendor

I'm glad you had a great experience! Next time I'm up in Portland, we gotta hang out again. I'll also need your food recommendations again. Lol.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Claire K

A++ 10/10 Would book again! Choosing the right photographer was the most important part of our wedding for me. It wasn't just about the capturing the emotions of our day, but more importantly, it was capturing the essence of our person. He was truly the perfect fit for both of... Read More us, in both style and execution. The best part? A beautiful friendship emerged from working with him! Anthony was nothing but professional, but because of the friendship that brewed from the first video chat forward, he was there to capture all of the moments that really mattered to us. He even cried at our wedding! That should tell you exactly how much he cares about the couples he works with. He chooses you, just as much as you choose him! If you want a quirky (ask him about pickles), great humored, stealthy, caring, hip (yes, I said it), photographer, he's the man for you!

2017-06-26T15:34:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing this with all the newly engaged couples on here. Means the world to me. You guys are awesome and I'm grateful to have gained two new friends that I can hang out with on Skype at the very least.... Read Less Read More

Reigniting the joy

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Elizabeth S

I could go on forever about how awesome Anthony was in capturing the best day of our lives! The day we got our pictures, which was in less than a month, I was overfilled with joy to relive our wedding through his eyes. He was amazing in capturing moments I did not get to see in... Read More the rush of the day and now cannot wait to share with others and display in my home. He came greatly recommended by another great photographer, Marvin Anthony, and it was truly the romantic, intimate feel of his pictures that convinced me of our choice. While Anthony is truly personable and cool to share a beer with upon meeting, there is no doubt about how dedicated and passionate he is about his work. He was very understanding and flexible with our busy schedule as well, which was a breath of fresh air with our kind of work. Honestly, there are no words to describe the emotions he captures in his photography. He's just got it! There has not been a single person yet who I have shared our beautiful gallery with who has not cried. That's all I have to say.

2015-04-02T14:58:49 Response from the vendor

You guys make my heart smile. Thank you so much! I know I've done a great job if I make people cry. Let's get together for a beer some day soon! :)

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Alex G

Anthony was the most authentic piece about our wedding. We last minute (4 weeks before the big day) found him to shoot our wedding, and even with the short amount of time we had to prepare/connect with one another he did so effortlessly and quickly at that. I mean this is the... Read More kind of guy you meet once and you want to invite him over to have bbq at your parents house, so we did just that! Even with the tight amount of time he squeezed in a shoot at my parents property just so we felt comfortable with the camera. When in all reality what made us comfortable was that it was him behind the camera reminding us to be ourselves. His effort, persona, communication, and work ethic is the kind you want to entrust with your captured memories. And don't let me forget, he gave us such a sincere gift at the end, this guy is the real deal to say the least.

2017-10-04T16:23:30 Response from the vendor

OMG Alex!!! Thank you so much for all that. I literally started to get teary-eyed just reading this. My ultimate goal with every since couple that is to have an amazing, comfortable, trusting, and stress free experience. Not only is that the way I feel... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Mary-Alice B

I can only describe Anthony as purely awesome. He was down to earth, professional, and fun to be around even when were awkward while getting our pictures taken. He's super passionate about what he does; he takes an amazingly artistic and creative approach to his craft. He's not... Read More your traditional photographer and he will inform you of that upon your first conversation with him. He has a very fluid, natural method that almost makes your forget that you are being photographed. Overall, I'd say Anthony is amazing photographer!

2016-10-27T13:06:07 Response from the vendor

You're so sweet! I had a really great time at the wedding. I can't wait for you to see your photos. :)

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Emily J

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 JONNA A

Amazingly Artistic & Authentic, nothing compares to Anthony's work and it's so much more than what you would get with a standard wedding photographer. Patrick and I have wanted Anthony to be our wedding photographer since 2011 and when we finally tied the knot in April of... Read More 2016, he was available and graciously accepted. We were ecstatic because part of what we always wanted was actually happening. He took amazing shots that we both admire and fell in love with. Anthony met with us a few months before to discuss what we wanted, but really it's more about hanging out and getting to know him and him getting to know us. That was really awesome. Patrick and I felt instantly connected with Anthony. He was also kind enough to get us some cider and topo-chico at our hang out/meeting. Well you just can't ask for more than that. :-). Anthony is a friend who was right there with us during the entire ceremony and reception; we would not have wanted anyone else to capture these moments. He was also willing to accommodate one request that we were super thankful for because he totally did not have too. All I can say is if you are lucky enough to have Anthony as your wedding photographer enjoy every moment because he captures it all in such a wonderful way; its indescribable. Anthony, thank you for making our special wedding day celebration even better than what we could have imagined.

2016-09-12T13:04:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jonna for the kind words. I appreciate it. I'm glad you had a great experience and love your photos!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Marlana S

From the very first time I came across Anthony's photos, I knew that was how I wanted to capture my wedding day. We met Anthony for beers, chatted, and saw a beautiful sample album of his work. I was instantly sold. Anthony captures moments, he captures the spark in people... Read More that doesn't come from a typical posed photograph. He is a beautiful person, who truly cares about his work and clients, his passion for his works comes flying out at you in a printed photo. I could go on and on about how beautiful and real his photos are, but for me, the biggest statement is how happy I was to arrive to my venue on my wedding day, and see Anthony there, like a trusted old friend, taking crazy awesome photos. That's the difference. Working with Anthony wasn't like employing a photographer to follow our direction and shoot our wedding, but like gaining a new friend who got to know us, and captured our story beautifully through his lens.

2016-08-24T10:36:43 Response from the vendor

You're so sweet. Thank you. What you've said means the world to me. I feel like I gain a new friend with every wedding. Makes life much more beautiful to be able to capture the love of my friends. I can't wait to hang out... Read Less Read More

Anthony will be your best friend & the best wedding photographer you could find.

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Taylor R

I've always been a huge fan of Anthony's work. He is creative, artistic, and captures intimate and beautiful moments. He's not just a photographer, but he's a storyteller. When my husband and I booked Anthony, we knew he would tell our story in ways we couldn't imagine. From... Read More every aspect of his booking & work, Anthony is kind, super funny, unique, and truly wants to be a part of your day. Never once does he feel like he's doing this for the "business" or for a "paycheck." He invests in his couples; he truly made us feel important. He was everything and more during our wedding! He fetched things/people, was kind to us and our guests, worked effortlessly and was pretty much a ninja (one second he was there, the next second he was across the room.) He was thorough, exciting, and he even "pop-locked-and-dropped" it with us on the dance floor. He told our story immpeccably. Every detail was captured, every shot was emotional, every moment told the story of our day. When we got our pictures in, his talent allowed us (and our family and friends) to relive that day again to its fullest. I can't even count how many times our guests/family said, "Your photographer is amazing!" "His eye for detail is incredible." "I didn't even notice him taking that photo." He is loved by everyone, and he can work that camera. If you're looking for a boring photographer who wants a paycheck before a relationship, Anthony isn't for you. But if you're looking for a friend, a photographer, a storyteller, a someone who will literally get on the dance-floor to celebrate with you, Anthony is your dude.

2015-09-15T12:53:12 Response from the vendor

Wow! Taylor... I'm speechless. Really, I am. Totally got teary eyed reading this and then laughed my ass off thinking about "pop-lock-dropping" with you guys. I told Amanda when I got back in town about that and she rolled her eyes. Lol. Seriously... from the... Read Less Read More

Tailored Filter

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Sam D

Our original wedding was postponed due to a family tragedy. When we re-scheduled, we decided on a tiny ceremony with just us and immediate family and realized we needed to find a photographer that would project that intimacy well in their work. We found Anthony very last minute,... Read More but he was surprisingly available and we LOVED his work! From the first contact to the last, Anthony was extremely professional, easy-going, and super nice. Our pictures are absolutely gorgeous, and I am so glad that we found him when we did! Anthony's work is excellent, and his personality makes it so easy to work with him - our wedding portraits were the first portrait session we've ever had and it wasn't awkward at all. Anthony met us at our favorite local park, and despite some terrible humid weather, the photos look like they were taken on a pretty day. My favorite part of our photos is that you can just SEE the love in them. It's so awesome to have these to look back on because they bring back all the emotions of the day :)

2015-07-01T20:56:47 Response from the vendor

Once again, it was absolutely wonderful meeting you both and being able to be apart of your journey. Thank you for choosing and trusting me. Keep in touch!

Fun, Communicative, and Professional!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Holly G

Anthony was incredible. His philosophy of photography is to really become friends with his clients and that makes the whole process so enjoyable. I never felt like I was worrying about the photography once we had chosen Anthony, unlike some other vendors I had. His contract and... Read More communication were so clear. His turn around time was SO fast and he gave us the best photos. I have said so much about him personally, but truly the photos were amazing and I'm so glad we went with Anthony. Our best day ever was documented perfectly and that's the point. You should definitely work with Anthony!!

2015-07-01T21:00:14 Response from the vendor

I feel so bad responding so late Holly, but once again... From the bottom of my heart, thank you both for choosing and trusting me. It was great getting to know both you and Bryan. And quite honestly, still awesome to keep in touch on... Read Less Read More

Authentic, artful photography deep from the heart

Reviewed on 3/29/2015 Greta A

My husband and I are a couple of creative makers – I am a graphic designer by trade, and we are always embroiled in various creative projects (from crafting home-brewed beer together to refinishing furniture). So, we wanted our wedding photography to reflect our unique... Read More personalities and all of the details we worked so hard to craft for our big day. I was thrilled to stumble upon Anthony's website, because his work immediately felt special and heartfelt – I think it can be really easy to fall into a cookie-cutter wedding style and it was clear that this is not what Tailored Filter is all about. Anthony felt like someone who had an aesthetic similar to our own, and beyond that, like someone we'd want to grab a beer with. So we decided to reach out. The inquiry form on the Tailored Filter website reassured me that we were making the right choice – Anthony asks pointed personal questions about his clients. He wants to work with people he feels a connection with, and that certainly comes through in his work. We are beyond thrilled with the portfolio of work he returned after our wedding. We feel he captured the day authentically and artfully – he even captured my father-in-law genuinely smiling on camera, which is a small miracle. I will say that Anthony is more about authentic photography than staging perfect shots – he is the perfect fit for a couple looking for an elevated documentary style vs. setting up a long list of staged shots. Overall I would happily recommend him to any couple looking for a non-traditional, beautiful photography experience.

2015-04-02T14:56:56 Response from the vendor

You guys are too sweet! Thank you so much for all the kind words, but most of all for trusting me with photographing such an important day in both of your lives. Hit me up if you're ever in my neck of the woods again!

Wonderful photographer!

Reviewed on 11/27/2013

Anthony and his team were the utmost in professional, dedicated, and talented. He made sure we were all on the same page with what type and style of pictures we wanted and was great with communication. The pictures turned out beautiful and are so artistic! I am so pleased to... Read More have all of his wonderful pictures as my keepsake and memories. I would highly recommend Tailored Filter for any occasion... he is so worth it!!

Tailored Filter is tops!

Reviewed on 11/08/2013 Tamarra M

We are so happy we hired Anthony at Tailored Filter to be our photographer! We loved that he did our engagement, bridal, and wedding photos for a fair price. All of our photos are stunning and we couldn't be happier. Anthony is professional, and he makes you feel like you're... Read More hanging out with an old friend, so you don't feel intimidated by the camera. His creative eye and ideas make for the best photos. Everyone at our wedding was so impressed with his skills, friendliness and professionalism, I had so many friends and relatives ask for a referral. He really goes above and beyond expectations and we love him for that. We will definitely be calling Anthony back for future photo sessions.

Anthony is THE BEST!!!!

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Nicole A

I cannot say enough about how great my experience with Tailored Filter was. First of all, the minute you meet Anthony he feels like an old friend. He's funny and cool and quirky and awesome. He's super responsive and flexible and he made sure we understood all the details of his... Read More photo delivery system, which I really appreciated. We had so much fun with him at the wedding and all the family and wedding party really enjoyed him. He's like a photo ninja, running all over the place and capturing all the great moments. I was shocked to see all the angles he captured at the ceremony when I looked at the pictures. I definitely don't remember him moving around that much! We received our pictures super quick (like, less than a month) and I'm thrilled with all of them. His work is gorgeous and I know we'll love looking at these pictures for the rest of our lives. Also, he's an amazing value. I researched a lot of photographers before I decided on Tailored Filter and many were asking at least twice as much for an 8-hour day and their pictures were not as good. I think the thing that sums up my experience with Anthony was the comments I got when my friends and family looked at the pictures. They all individually told me that the pictures perfectly captured the spirit and feeling of the wedding, which is the best thing I could have asked for!

Amazing Photographer with a Professional Experience

Reviewed on 11/13/2012 Randy D

Anthony was a very professional photographer who earned every penny off his payment. He is great at getting the candid photos of people in the moment. I would even dare to say that is his niche'. He was like a ninja hiding in the shadows taking photos. Anytime I wanted a photo... Read More with a friend or family member all I had to do was look his way and he was right there. His price was well worth the quality of the photography we received. I Would absolutely recommend him to anyone getting married, getting engagement photos, or any photos!!!!

Anthony Gauna

In August of 2012, with no business plan, no money saved up, and being fired from a job I hated, I took the risk of pursuing photography as a full-time career. Since then, I’ve been living a happier and fulfilling life collaborating with bad ass couples in love. For me, living a passion-driven life is more important than having a safe corporate job.