Appassionata Players

Hudson Valley/Westchester/Catskills/NYC

Appassionata Players

The Appassionata Players will provide a refined, modern elegance to your wedding day. We perform a large selection of repertoire, featuring classical, Broadway, and contemporary music. Please visit our website to learn more about our musicians, hear samples of our playing and to see our repertoire.

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

49 Timberline Drive, Poughkeepsie, NY Hudson Valley/Westchester/Catskills/NYC (914) 204-2812

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Amy L

The Appassionata Players added the perfect touch to our ceremony and cocktail hour. The string trio was exactly what we were looking for. We were planning this wedding in New Paltz from out of town and the communication between John was excellent especially leading up to the... Read More wedding. He answered all of our questions promptly and accommodated all of our needs and requests. They played a mixture of classical, oldies and modern music and it was absolutely wonderful. We could not have been happier with our choice to use Appassionata Players and 100% recommend them.

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Julianne L

We booked two violinists and a cellist from the Appassionata Players for our ceremony on the hill at Red Maple Vineyard in November. John was so easy to work with and played all the music we requested from our ceremony, despite many of them not being on the repertoire on the... Read More website. Definitely book John, you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Taylor L

John was easy to communicate with throughout our entire planning process. Their group website was easy to navigate and we were able to listen to samples of their songs. On our wedding day everyone sounded amazing. We received so much praise for their performance during our... Read More cocktail hour as well. Would definitely recommend to all future brides!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Martina D

We definitely made the right choice hiring Appassionata Players! Communication with John has been seemless throughout the whole process and, on the day of the wedding, they went above and beyond to deal with all the last-minute happenings (for instance, the bus coming to New... Read More Paltz from NYC was late, so they had to play the prelude twice). Everybody complimented us on the music and we couldn't be any happier about how everything went!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Katie B

Appassionata Players were easy to work with, quick to respond to emails and questions, and FABULOUS day of. They played at our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were familiar with the space (Locust Grove) so they knew where to set up for the sound. We received so many... Read More compliments on their playing during the cocktail hour, they had a great mix of classical and pop songs, that added to the atmosphere.

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Kristen V

What can I say, other than amazing! Very responsive to my multitude of questions, open and honest about what to expect and how everything would work, and willing to work with me every step of the way to make our day special. From start to finish, the Appassionata Players were... Read More professional and courteous the whole way through! We worked together to make sure the mood was fun and exciting for all involved. Our guests had a blast, and I will definitely recommend them to anyone in the area!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Lizbeth B

The Appassionata Players were wonderful for my wedding! They played everything that I asked and even found an arrangement of a piece from the Harry Potter soundtrack that I wanted for my bridal processional. John, the main contact of the group was very professional and easy to... Read More work with. I highly recommend them for your wedding ceremony!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Melanie D

We hired Appassionata to play music during our wedding ceremony on July 29th of this year. The music was beautiful and they were very accommodating for specific song choices. Correspondence with John via email was always timely and professional. This group is a top notch pick... Read More for anyone looking to add a touch of elegance to their wedding! Highly recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Lauren L

They were amazing! Super talented bunch. They played at our cocktail hours. Played exactly what we wanted! It gave our cocktail hours such a nice vibe and set the tone for the reception! They were also super professional and easy to work with!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Nicole B

The Appassionata Players played for both our ceremony and cocktail hour and they were wonderful! We even had some special requests they were more than happy to accommodate. I highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Cheryl R

Appassionata Players did such an amazing job on our big day! They were very professional, arrived on time and set up on their own while I was having pictures taken. We were able to pick specific songs which made our wedding more personal. Unfortunately, I only had the... Read More opportunity to hear the music while i was walking down the aisle, but what I heard was beautiful and the guests raved about the music as well. I would definitely recommend Appassionata Players to those looking for musicians!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Kathryn E

We hired Appassionata Players to perform as a string trio for our wedding ceremony. They were very professional, sounded fantastic and really made the ceremony! At our request, they put together a version of “Then He Kissed Me” which was perfect and great way to end the ceremony... Read More and lead into cocktail hour. I highly recommend Appassionata players!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Kate Q

We used Appassionata Players (string duo) for our wedding at Dutchess Manor on September 23rd. John was great to work with, and I'm so happy we made the decision to go with him! My husband and I wanted to be sure our ceremony music reflected us, which meant not the typical... Read More classical music you hear at weddings. When we sent John a list of songs we were interested in, he was more than accommodating and said they would all work- we were thrilled! Although we didn't get to hear a lot of the ceremony music ourselves, my guests told me how beautiful it was, and added such a nice touch to our wedding. Highly recommend Appassionata Players to anyone! Thanks John!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Bianca B

The appassionata players were amazing!! We got married this past Sunday and had the group play during our ceremony as well as the cocktail hour. The music was phenomenal and they have a broad range of genres, which worked perfectly for us. John was organized and very responsive... Read More when I reached out with questions. I am so happy we went with this group and would highly recommend them to any other bride/groom for a wedding or even just a party!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Lindy R

We had a rustic outdoor barn wedding and the Appassionata Players were the finishing touch. They showed up early to set up, were very professional and well dressed, played everything we requested, and even stayed longer than they were supposed to due to our shuttle bus being... Read More delayed. Commutation with John via email was always pleasant and we received a prompt response answering any questions we had. We would recommended the Appassionata Players to anyone looking for an elegant string trio to play at their wedding.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Hanna G

We recently hired John and his trio for our Sept. wedding at Locust Grove. John was easy to work with and flexible with song requests. The music for our ceremony and cocktail hour was absolutely wonderful. We received many compliments and I would highly recommend him to other... Read More couples!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Ashlee R

The Appassionata Players were AMAZING! From the first communication with John about playing at our wedding, to the actual wedding day, there is not a single thing I would change. John was very responsive to emails throughout the entire planning process. The day of the trio... Read More showed up on time and played our ceremony and cocktail hour just as we had discussed in our planning. I am so lucky to have found this group. Thank you for making our wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Jennifer C

They are amazing!! They were attentive to all my requests and needs. Very reliable. My guests were so pleased with the music that was being played during my ceremony. My wedding could not have been any more perfect thanks to Appassionata Players. We loved you!!! We highly... Read More recommend everyone to use them. :)

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Olivia G

John and the Appassionata Players were absolutely brilliant! We originally hired them as a string duo for our wedding ceremony, but decided later on to make them a trio. We communicated via email (we are in NC and our wedding was in NY) and John was very timely with his... Read More responses to us. He even gave us a slight discount on adding the 3rd string and didn't charge us a travel fee. We told John we wanted the music to be familiar - we really didn't want too much "classical" music played. We asked him if they could play "Best Day of My Life" by American Authors as our recessional song, and when he said they could I was a little amazed and almost didn't believe it. But after we kissed for the first time as husband and wife, I heard it!!! It was really incredible! We had a small snafu with our payment. We sent Appassionata Players a deposit and owed them the balance on the day of. We gave envelopes of payment to our wedding planner for all our vendors, but left the envelope for AP at our house! During our receiving line, our planner asked if we had it... we told her we must have left it at the house and she said it was no problem. She paid our balance for us and we squared up afterwards. We ended up mailing the tip to AP along with a thank you note the next day. John emailed me letting me know he got it and that he was so happy they could provide the music for us. We are really happy that they didn't mind that we mailed their tip the next day and didn't make a big deal about it during our receiving line! The Appassionata Players were FANTASTIC! They played all modern songs that we requested - we got a ton of compliments on the music from our guests. Overall we would HIGHLY recommend them!!

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Margaret C

Appassionata players were great, amazing, awesome! We can't say enough about them. We had a very small ceremony for our 1/2/16 wedding but I really wanted music for our guests and the entrance and exit. They were easy to work with, played beautiful music and even took a special... Read More request. I know one of the players personally, Gretchen and was seeking her out especially about playing for us. She told me about Appassionata players and I booked them right away! I!

Instrumental for our Ceremny

Reviewed on 11/27/2015 Melinda S

My husband and I hired the Appassionata Players for our 11/8/15 wedding . They really added a romantic and personal touch to our wedding ceremony with their music.Their playing was just beautiful . It was a pleasure to hire such professional and gifted people to be apart of... Read More our special day.Everything was perfect we couldn't have asked for more !Thank you so much :)

Great Ceremony Music!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Caitlin C

The Appassionata Players performed exactly how I had imagined. They elevated the experience of our mass by performing traditional and more modern songs prior to our ceremony and during the entrance and exit. They even performed my request of "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri... Read More for the bridesmaids entrance! The group was easy to work with, responsive, reliable and talented, which as a bride is exactly what you are looking for. I highly recommend Appassionata Players for weddings and other events!

Incredible

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Julie

The Appassionata Players were amazing! The process of reserving and scheduling their time was extremely easy, freeing our time to focus on other items. They were respectful to our music needs, offered advice, and the result was incredible. When our officiant learned that we... Read More hired Appassionata, she was delighted—stating that they are such a joy to work-with (further putting our minds a ease). Having a string trio was a dream of my lovely bride and the Appassionata Players greatly exceeded our expectations.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Leigh C

The Appassionata Players added so much to our ceremony. They were super easy to work with and added so much to our ceremony. We received many compliments. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Corey C

We booked the Appassionata Players for our wedding ceremony in July 2015 and it was one of the best choices we made while planning our wedding! They couldn't have been more professional - just wonderful to work with. The music was beautiful - the selection perfect for our... Read More ceremony. We highly recommend them for any special event - you won't be disappointed!