Appease Inc.

Chicagoland and Suburbs

Wedding Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists and more!

Appease Inc. is an on-location bridal hair, makeup and spa team. We give our brides the celebrity treatment! Hair styling, Airbrush makeup, tattoo coverage, eyelashes, massage, mani/pedi's and hair extensions are only a few of the bridal glamour services we offer. Call us today!

Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, Nails, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Facials, Massage, Waxing, Spas, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL
Chicagoland and Suburbs

Furthered my vision

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Kristin K

I knew the look I was going for on my wedding day and Appease hair/makeup helped make that happen. I had some particular major problems with my skin on my wedding day that they were able to hide- I was so grateful for their expertise. They were also really fun and willing to... Read More change things that I and my bridesmaid weren't totally happy about.

I LOVED IT

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Anna S

I loved the stylist, she was amazing. My makeup was great, I loved it the most because I still looked like myself just with great makeup, and my hair was also great. I loved my makeup because even after all the dancing, my makeup still looked great.

Very happy with Appease

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Audrey P

I was a little worried about using a "company" for our hair and makeup. But I was proven wrong. Carla did the hair for my entire bridal party and mine and my mom's makeup. I was INCREDIBLY pleased with how it turned out. Before planning my wedding, I had no idea this was a whole... Read More industry. Carrie was great in working with me to answer all my questions pre-wedding. Carla came to do a trial with me and really listened to my ideas and feedback. She is truly an artist. We were so happy we chose Appease. They were affordable and very talented.

Beautiful hair and make-up

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Heather T

Carrie was wonderful. She did my hair and make-up like I wanted, and it was beautiful. My hair and make-up stayed put the entire day, and looked wonderful in my photographs. She was very friendly, and was on-time getting to the hotel the day of my wedding. She also did hair... Read More for my bridesmaids and flower girls that came out wonderfully and also stayed put for the entire day. I can't thank her enough for bringing out my natural beauty to make me look and feel great on my wedding day!

~$600 down the drain.

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Yuliya P

Nightmare. (Chicago) I honestly can't believe they have so many positive review on here. Booking: I booked them because answered my initial questions quickly - once I put down the $100 deposit that all changed. I filled out their questionnaire and sent it back to them within a... Read More week (2 months before wedding) I emailed them 3 weeks later asking if they had received it. Nothing. Again emailed them - nothing. Third time their reply was "we can't open it" I resent it again but it was obvious that they didn't bother reading it because I had asked a few questions and none of them were answered. I then had to email them over and over asking the same questions to get a response - about 3 different people would email me telling me they were my "contact" then a new person would email me asking me to provide info that I had already provided several times! They told me they were busy with 14 weddings and thats why they didn't have time to answer my questions - its great that you're busy but if you're not doing a good job and your clients are suffering then maybe you have too many clients. Also you had 3 months to answer my questions so 14 weddings one weekend isn't really an excuse. Day of (Amanda & Kaiilez) they told me they had to show up at 7 am day of because they had another wedding right after - not ideal because my wedding wasn't until 1 pm and I am not a morning person but I because I had no other choice. They showed up at 7 am and told me they have 30 mins per person - they were done by 10 am and then were like "oh the other wedding isn't until way later" ...so why did you come so early then!? Hair - the hair person was nice-ish, she asked me for my inspiration picture (a picture I had sent over with my questionnaire that she obviously had not looked at) I showed it to her - down, big waves. She then started to curl my hair - about halfway through I was like...so how does this turn into waves? I showed her the picture again - she said " you should have told me you wanted waves earlier, because I would have done it differently" .... um WHAT? I showed you a picture! I was pretty upset. She tried to do some wavy/curly mixture on the top layers- I had fixed it all after she left. Makeup- this was the worst of it all. I had specifically talked to them and wrote in my questionnaire that I have really dry skin and can't wear foundation because it flakes off - but don't really need it anyway because my skin is really even. I just wanted concealer under my eyes and a creamy blush (I was planning on doing my own eye makeup anyway). I told this all again to the makeup girl - she said "you should do airbrush, its only 10$ more".....I said "well I really cannot wear ANY foundation" (I have tried it all, even airbrush, all flakes off) She said ok but was huffy about it. After my hair was done she asked me to take a towel to my face to make sure I didn't have hairspray on my skin so that the foundation wouldn't streak..... I kind of just stared at her again NO foundation was requested! She seemed annoyed with me and was so rude to my bridesmaids telling them that "beauty is pain" when she hurt one of their necks by pushing on their face too hard....Also her makeup/brushes looked GROSS. I just left the room and asked my mom to tell her I wouldn't be needing her services. I doubt they will refund me for the makeup session I didn't get. This is not a company I would EVER want to work with again.

Mel and Jonothan, what a NY/NJ team!

Reviewed on 1/04/2015 Tracy M

Getting married in the NYC area can be stressful and your hair and makeup are an integral part of your day. Everyone is staring at you all day long! I scheduled a trial with Appease after reading some reviews online. I was a little hesitant at first because there were tons of... Read More reviews in Chicago but not many in NY. NO FEAR though... Appease was professional and amazing!! Mel (hair) and Jonothan (makeup) came to my house on the day of my trial. They are both very sweet and personable. I showed Mel a few pics of what I envisioned and she created it! I loved it. I also debated with two hairpieces and she contributed her opinion. Love me some honesty! Jonothon is a doll! I told him that I wanted to look natural, but with a J. Lo glow (Hehe) and he made my face flawless! I took pictures after both treatments were done and I made sure to take notes of what I wanted to tweak. I sent my notes to Appease and they were acknowledged the day of the wedding. My hair and makeup also came out better than the day of the trial!! Professional, friendly, and affordable! My bridesmaids enjoyed their services too!

Wedding Hair and Makeup

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Janice M

We used Appease Inc for our wedding day makeup and hair services. LOVE the fact that they travel to your location, it makes things a lot easier then going to a place when you are already running all over the place the morning of! I spoke with Appease mostly through email.... Read More Sometimes they were fast at responding and sometimes it took a little time for them to get back to me. We originally only had 2 girls coming for Hair and Makeup and they made a schedule for us starting at 6AM when our ceremony was at 2:30PM! When I asked if another girl to come for hair, they were flexible and added another girl making the start time at 8AM instead, which was a lot better! We had Carrie and Stephanie for hair and Kim for makeup. They all were on time. Carrie did my hair and it turned out great and beautiful and exactly how I wanted it! However, a few curls came loose within a couple hours. :( Carrie also did, along with Stephanie, the bridesmaids hair. Majority of the girls loved how their hair turned out. Kim was awesome, absolutely loved how my makeup turned out! You can tell she is a perfectionist - which is great because everyone wants to be near perfect on their wedding day! THANK YOU APPEASE!

Amazing Airbrush Services

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Jen

Carla did a great job with my airbrush make-up. She was very professional and very friendly.

Great service

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Aimee S

We were very happy with how our hair and makeup was done for the wedding day. Carrie and Carla were great to work with, they did a great job.

Good for the price

Reviewed on 7/03/2013 Jillian O

Appease was one of the very few vendors I could find for hair and makeup for a bride + 2 for under $750. I think I paid about $500 overall. My artist was very friendly, the trial went great. She came to my apartment and we had fun chatting while she created a beautiful hair and... Read More make up style for me. The day of, she came to the hotel where we were getting ready and started with a bridesmaid who wears almost no make up. The makeup on this bridesmaid was done pretty heavily, despite her request for extremely light makeup, so she ended up removing a lot of it. She did a great job on the second person. My hair and makeup turned out lovely, but the hair wasn't the style we had done in the trial. I couldn't see this until it was finished and too late, which was frustrating. The style was pretty, just not what we had planned. Both the updo and makeup held up very well throughout the night, which was great.

great service

Reviewed on 6/19/2013 Katrina R

Carla Was There For Me Every Step Of The Way. She Was Very Helpful And Flexible. EveryoneS Hair And Makeup Was Beautiful.

Looked great in the end, but with changes

Reviewed on 6/06/2013 Jennifer E

I loved how I looked the day of my wedding, and how my maids and moms looked. The trials were great, and helped determine what we wanted for myself. The day of, my hair was not done the same and needed to be adjusted. It was still not done the exact same, although close. One of... Read More my maids took quite some time to get her hair after many changes because it just did not look good. Very curly hair. In the end everyone looked amazing, just took some time. Overall the prices were some of the best for this service. I also liked knowing if one of the artists was sick, they have subs on hand.

Hair and Make-up

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Merideth H

SO AMAZING! Carrie and Laura were incredible! Carrie showed up and did hair for hours! Every single bridesmaid (I had 6), plus my mom and my flower girl as well as myself. We all looked amazing! Everyone loved their hair (how often does that happen where everyone loves... Read More their hair...never!) She was so sweet and friendly, too. My hair was incredible and stayed all night long-in fact everyone's hair held up through hours of dancing! Laura was the make-up artist and she was fantastic. People who didn't pay for make-up ended up getting it done because it looked so good. I've never felt so beautiful in my whole life! Pay the extra for the air-brush...so worth it! Plus they give you a foundation, lip liner, and lip gloss for touch-ups!! I wish I could have them do my hair and make-up everyday!

FANTASTIC

Reviewed on 1/17/2013 Lindsey T

I hired Carla and her team for my New Years Eve wedding. Carla did an awesome job on both my hair and makeup. I normally don't wear makeup or do my hair and we were able to work together to create the exact look I wanted. The best part of the experience was having a trial a... Read More few months before the wedding. I was able to update my look for the wedding without the anxiety of not knowing what I would look like. Plus they came to my hotel room for the wedding which was super convenient. Carla is very sweet and easy to work with. I would recommend her a million times over. FANTASTIC!

Professional, Experienced, WONDERFUL!

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 Katerina S

Laura did my hair and make-up and she was awesome! She is very professional, completely knows what she is doing and made me look like a million bucks! I love that Appease takes on lump sum from you (tip included) and they are very good about getting back to you and setting up... Read More your appointments. Great to work with. Definitely, 100% recommed!

Recommend hair by Carrie!

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Alissa G

Appease came to our hotel to do hair and makeup for the girls and moms. I also did an at-home trial with Appease. In the beginning, I had great communication with Appease (via email). About 6 months before the wedding, someone else within the company began responing to emails... Read More and she was not always very organized or responsive. My trial went fine, although there were things I wanted to change. On my wedding day, Carrie did the hair and she nailed it! I made some changes after the trial and she understood them all and it turned out beautiful. Sunshine did the makeup and after all of the changes I had, she did a fantastic job as well. Both girls did hair and makeup for the wedding party and everyone absolutely loved their hair and their makeup. There was only one girl who did not have the right foundation color on. I pointed it out to Sunshine but she checked her and thought it was fine. Maybe it was the lighting but she looked even worse during the evening when the lights were dimmed. My girl didn't say anything but I felt bad because it should not have looked that way. Overall, I would recommend Appease. I'm not giving them 5 stars because of the email communications and because of the girl with the orange-ish foundation color.

Expensive!

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Kimberly B

Ok, don't get me wrong. The stylist did my hair and make-up beautifully. It was how I wanted it...However, I thought it was overly-expensive for me and my bridesmaids. The cool thing is they will come to you...

great company!

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Kelly R

very quick to respond to emails and phone calls, good pricing, and great makeup and hair stylists! Iris did my hair and makeup and was so fun! she helped me relax while i was in the chair and made me feel at ease. They got there a little early and got right to work. They... Read More actually finished with me, my maids, and the mom's an hour early. so that was great because i didnt feel rushed!

Amazing hair and makeup artists!

Reviewed on 8/16/2012 Melanie H

I used Appease for my hair and makeup for my wedding (in addition to hair for bridesmaids and mother) and everyone loved their look on the big day. I had some changes to make after my hair trial and they really listened to what I wanted and made sure everything was right on my... Read More wedding day. I had Cathy for my hair stylist and Sunshine for my makeup artist. Both women were extremely nice and professional and did an excellent job!

Hair and Makeup

Reviewed on 7/19/2012 Lauren K

The women who run Appease are very friendly and professional. The girls who came to do the hair and makeup were prompt and were friendly as well. We did have an issue two days before my wedding day where the girl who I had my trial with became, what I believe was,... Read More indefinitely unavailable. When Carrie called to inform me of this news she already had a backup ready for me and my girls, but I no longer had the benefits of having the trial. Carrie did refund my money for the trial. On the day my hair came out great, and my makeup looked nice in the mirror. The only issue was when I saw my friends and family photos with standard point and shoot cameras, I came out kind of ghostly. My makeup was, I feel, a few shades lighter than my skin. I also asked for more dramatic eyes because I like to focus more on my eyes then anything and in the photos they looked kind of dull and gray. I had mentioned the girl that I had that I like that bridal glow look, but I looked more matte. This is why trials are so important! So I do not blame the girl who did my makeup because it was too hard to figure it all out on the day of. It's just a bummer that my face wasn't what I hoped it would be. I am hoping that the professional photos come out better because it will be less of the direct harsh flash. The girl who did the mom's and the BM makeup did a wonderful job, her name was Peggy.

Pretty Good

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Jessica M

I was generally happy with our hair and makeup services. Appease was great about accommodating a very early start for me and 3 bridesmaids (5:30am - ready by 7:30am). I did feel a little pressured to go with more dramatic makeup, even though I expressed several times that I... Read More only wanted a very basic, simple look (I NEVER wear makeup and didn't want to look dramatically different at my wedding). I let my makeup artist try the dramatic look at my trial, but neither I nor my fiance liked it, so she went with a subtler look for my wedding day. We also booked a mani-pedi party for about 10 people, and they came right to the hotel and did everything for a great price. The one thing I was unhappy about was my waxing service - I booked through them and said multiple times that I had never had a wax. They told me very little about what to do beforehand (when to stop shaving, etc), so that some of my hair was a little too short. The people I booked with were different than those that provided the services, and my waxer said that it's a common problem and she wishes the bookers would give more information. She did the best she could, and it turned out okay, but it wasn't as good as it should have been had I received more thorough instructions like I asked for.

Great experience!

Reviewed on 6/05/2012 Kimberly C

Carla and Carrie were amazing. I couldn't have been happier with my hair and makeup and my bridal party looked great too. They were on time and fun to have around. They kept us right on schedule for the day even with some redos for one bridesmaid's hair.

Hair only

Reviewed on 5/14/2012 Kristin G

Carrie did a fantastic job! She also did hair at my sister's wedding. We all got compliments all night at both events!

Loved them!

Reviewed on 11/07/2011 Erica M

Appease Inc. great to work with for my wedding in September 2011 at the Westin in Lombard. I was recommended to Appease by a friend at work whose sister recently used them for her wedding and had a great experience with them. My main point of contact was Carla, and she always... Read More responded to my emails and addressed my questions and concerns right away, which was great because I definitely had a lot! I chose Appease because of their reasonable prices, especially with the discount for my Friday wedding, and the fact that they come to you on the day of your wedding and for any trials beforehand. At my original trial, the makeup artist and I got along fine but couldn’t quite get on the same page about what I was looking for, so I let Carla know, and she was very happy to send a different makeup artist to me for another trial at no extra charge (who happened to be Laura, my hair stylist). The 2nd trial was much better, and I am so glad that Carla was understanding and wanted to make sure that I was happy with my look so there would be no surprises on the day of my wedding. My mom, 3 of my bridesmaids, and I all had our hair and makeup done at the hotel where the ceremony and reception were being held. It was so nice to have everyone in one place getting ready so I didn’t have to worry about where everyone was and when they would be arriving at the hotel. Carla and Laura arrived right on time the morning of the wedding, and they did such a wonderful job on all of us! They listened to what we wanted and were happy to make changes to our hair and makeup if there was something we didn’t like the first time around. My mom and bridesmaids were extremely happy with their hair and makeup, and I absolutely loved mine – it looked even than I could have ever imagined and went perfectly with my wedding gown. We all looked and felt beautiful, and the airbrush makeup looked natural and felt like we weren’t wearing any makeup, which we loved. I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup all night, and some people that couldn’t make it to the wedding but saw the wedding pictures even made comments about how good all of our hair and makeup looked. I would absolutely recommend Appease Inc. to anyone needing their hair and makeup done for an event, and I would definitely use them again in the future!

Great, creative service

Reviewed on 10/26/2011 Amanda M

Loved my hair and makeup as did my maid of honor and mother. I highly recommend their services!