Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, Nails, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Facials, Massage, Waxing, Spas, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL
Chicagoland and Suburbs

Furthered my vision

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Kristin K

I knew the look I was going for on my wedding day and Appease hair/makeup helped make that happen. I had some particular major problems with my skin on my wedding day that they were able to hide- I was so grateful for their expertise. They were also really fun and willing to... Read More change things that I and my bridesmaid weren't totally happy about.

I LOVED IT

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Anna S

I loved the stylist, she was amazing. My makeup was great, I loved it the most because I still looked like myself just with great makeup, and my hair was also great. I loved my makeup because even after all the dancing, my makeup still looked great.

Very happy with Appease

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Audrey P

I was a little worried about using a "company" for our hair and makeup. But I was proven wrong. Carla did the hair for my entire bridal party and mine and my mom's makeup. I was INCREDIBLY pleased with how it turned out. Before planning my wedding, I had no idea this was a whole... Read More industry. Carrie was great in working with me to answer all my questions pre-wedding. Carla came to do a trial with me and really listened to my ideas and feedback. She is truly an artist. We were so happy we chose Appease. They were affordable and very talented.

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Karolina W

If I could give Carrie and her crew 10 stars I would. Love her and her crew. She did my hair and make-up for my Engagement session and also my Wedding day. She does an amazing job making me feel beautiful but natural and not overdone. She also made my mom, mother in law,... Read More bridesmaids, reader, jr bridesmaids, and flowergirl look great! Make-up lasted all day, and it was windy that day, and my hair was hair sprayed enough and it looked perfect all day. My Groom wasn't too fond of the fake lashes from the trial, so Carrie put in individual lashes on the day of the wedding and they looked more natural. Love her! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Melanie B

Carrie and team were amazing! They were thorough and very communicative during the process. She was great during the trial and AMAZING on my wedding day. Her make-up artist assistant was great as well -- but I would recommend Carrie to any bride. She will make you feel... Read More speacial and look beautiful :)

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Marion B

I looked for weeks trying to find the best look for my budget. I got much more than expected with Appease. My trial was at my house, and I was very happy with how my make-up and hair turned out. On my wedding day, my hair and make-up was even better. The girls knew I wanted a... Read More 1920s look for my bridal party and the outcome was perfect. They even used the feather clips I provided. Paying in advance made things much simpler. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Amy T

I used Appease for my wedding hair and makeup and loved it. From the very beginning Carrie was helpful and responsive. All of my bridesmaids looked amazing and felt beautiful. I did not have a lot of ideas for my hair and makeup but Carrie worked with the very little direction I... Read More had and made it work. I would highly recommend using Appease!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Elizabeth Z

Carrie and her team were fantastic to work with before my wedding and on the day of! I went to the Lombard salon for my hair and makeup trial, and loved everything. Carrie is so sweet and she did an amazing job replicating a vintage-inspired updo. On my wedding day, we had 3... Read More stylists/artists (Carrie included) to do hair and makeup for 7 ladies plus me. Everyone did a vintage-inspired updo and all my girls looked fantastic! My makeup and hair both looked amazing, and last all day, through the rain, dancing, and even late into the night at the bar we went to afterwards. I would highly recommend Appease, and especially Carrie. Thanks so much for making me and all of my girls look and feel beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Erica M

I contacted Carrie the week before my wedding reception for makeup for myself, my maid of honor, and my mom. She was great to work with and had availability on a short notice. I loved the fact that our makeup artist was able to come to my house (one less thing I needed to... Read More worry about). Our artist Sandra showed up and had us all ready to go just in time. I would recommend them to use again.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Lisa C

Appease was absolutely wonderful! I had Carrie for my hair and make up and she did such a great job! When I first hired Appease I was very nervous because I didnt know Carrier and her style and I wanted my day of to be perfect! I had two trials because after my first one, I... Read More realized I didn't want to wear my hair down. Carrie was more than willing to accommodate a second trial. Another concern I had was timing for all the girls hair the day of (I had 14 people). Carrie went above and beyond to create a time chart. The day of went great and everyone was happy. Also, everyone's hair lasted the whole day/night! I would highly recommend Appease as I thought they were a great company! One of the few vendors who actually cares about what they do!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Shannon P

My wedding was the third wedding we hired Appease Inc for and I would absolutely recommend them. Carrie had previously done two of my sisters weddings. In all three weddings she was punctual, kind, and accommodating. I loved my hair and makeup at the wedding and the girls in the... Read More bridal party looked fabulous and were happy with their hair and makeup as well. I had 8 girls. Carrie worked hard and had a great fun attitude throughout. On the day of the wedding she even made a couple suggestions to the photographer who was slow to get to work taking pictures.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Geralyn M

I am very happy to say that Carrie and her staff did an outstanding job from start to finish. With planning a wedding from Out of State with my bridal party in another state and a newborn at the time I was a little behind in booking hair/makeup and was ecstatic about the... Read More customer service Carrie provided with my original contact on May 14th, 2016. I trusted Appease and skipped a trial run as seeing so much proof of outstanding services, I was convinced they'd provide the same for me. From receiving a questionnaire and follow up questions to phone calls to confirm services to day of services. Staff showed up before us, was very patient with some outlets not working, and stayed on schedule. These were very friendly and professional stylists that I would book again. I received so many compliments on my airbrushed makeup and hair! Thank you Appease.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Janice S

I had originally booked with Sophia, but five days before my wedding she contacted us needing to change the schedule. That wasn't going to work for me, so Carrie stepped in and I couldn't have been happier. She gave me the exact hairstyle I was looking for and made my hair look... Read More beautiful. Super impressed! The makeup was also amazing. She saved my day, showed up on time and was able to create the exact look my mother and bridesmaid wanted, as well. I highly recommend Appease Inc., and could not have been happier. Thank you again, Carrie!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Anu H

Carrie and her team at Appease were amazing to work with! Carrie sat down with my husband and I and fully understood our vision. She took notes during our trial run and made some great suggestions. On the big day, everyone showed up on time and we were able to get 14 women... Read More done like clockwork. The final result was beyond our expectations, we could not recommend this company more!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Catie O

Carrie did an amazing job on my hair and makeup as well as my moms and bridesmaids she was recommended by a friend and I couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Katie M

I absolutely adore Carrie and Sunshine! They did the greatest job helping me, my bridesmaids, and my mom get ready for my big day and all at what I felt was a really reasonable price. They did a wonderful job balancing what I wanted for my pictures and playing up everyone's best... Read More features. I was most impressed with how they helped my mom. She is a self-confessed life long tomboy, and is really uncomfortable having her hair and makeup done. They worked with her to find a look that she loved, which naturally made her shine even more. They also were comfortable dancing and goofing around with us as we got ready, making the morning of my wedding a perfect prelude to the bigger party that night. Thank you so much to Appease Inc.!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Lyndsey Y

Such an awesome company to work with!! Everyone was really friendly and responded quickly to my emails. I had Laura for my hair and makeup, and she was so amazing and talented!! She came to me and the prices were incredibly reasonable! I definitely recommend them for any... Read More occasion!

Beautiful hair and make-up

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Heather T

Carrie was wonderful. She did my hair and make-up like I wanted, and it was beautiful. My hair and make-up stayed put the entire day, and looked wonderful in my photographs. She was very friendly, and was on-time getting to the hotel the day of my wedding. She also did hair... Read More for my bridesmaids and flower girls that came out wonderfully and also stayed put for the entire day. I can't thank her enough for bringing out my natural beauty to make me look and feel great on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 kristy l

Originally I was booked with Carrie but her husband surprised her with a vacation the weekend of my wedding reception. I slightly was freaking out on the inside but you just need to have a little faith. Laura ended up doing my hair and make up as well as my sisters. Laura was... Read More super nice and attentive! My make up looked amazing. One side of my lipstick was higher than the other but I ended up fixing it since she left. Red lipstick is tricky.

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Staci H

I used Carrie and Carla for my wedding in May and was admittedly a little skeptical about booking them for my wedding having never used them previously. That being said, I was extremely pleased with how everything came out and am so happy that I took the leap of faith on them... Read More From the trial run, where they invited me to their salon or offered to come to me they did a great job of asking questions and understanding what I wanted in my wedding day look. They asked for several pictures and really nailed the hair and make up that I wanted. They arrived on-time for our wedding day and even got ahead of schedule as they completed all of the bridesmaids looks! My makeup was just like I imagined and even though the initial updo on my wedding day wasn't "perfect" she was more than happy to make the adjustments that I requested so that I was happy. After Carrie was done she was even offered to run to the front desk at the hotel to meet my florist so that I didn't need to run down there myself.... she really went above and beyond. If you're looking for a service to come to you and that can do your entire bridal party you can't go wrong with Appease!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Nathan B

We used Appease for both our hair and makeup for all the bridesmaids, the bride and the mothers. To say people were impressed would be an understatement. Throughout the entire night and after the wedding we all got tons of compliments on how beautiful we looked and we owe most... Read More of that to the ladies of Appease. Thank you for making me look my best on the most special day of our lives!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Yuliya P

I would not recommend working with this company. They put me through a lot of unnecessary stress chasing them down and trying to figure out details with them. The day of my wedding, the makeup/hair people were also mean and rude for reasons I still don't understand. All of my... Read More other vendors seemed like they just love working with people to make their day special, but this was the opposite at Appease, I just don't think they care much about it at all, they just want to make money. If you want to avoid stress on your wedding day I would avoid working with Appease.

~$600 down the drain.

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Yuliya P

Nightmare. (Chicago) I honestly can't believe they have so many positive review on here. Booking: I booked them because answered my initial questions quickly - once I put down the $100 deposit that all changed. I filled out their questionnaire and sent it back to them within a... Read More week (2 months before wedding) I emailed them 3 weeks later asking if they had received it. Nothing. Again emailed them - nothing. Third time their reply was "we can't open it" I resent it again but it was obvious that they didn't bother reading it because I had asked a few questions and none of them were answered. I then had to email them over and over asking the same questions to get a response - about 3 different people would email me telling me they were my "contact" then a new person would email me asking me to provide info that I had already provided several times! They told me they were busy with 14 weddings and thats why they didn't have time to answer my questions - its great that you're busy but if you're not doing a good job and your clients are suffering then maybe you have too many clients. Also you had 3 months to answer my questions so 14 weddings one weekend isn't really an excuse. Day of (Amanda & Kaiilez) they told me they had to show up at 7 am day of because they had another wedding right after - not ideal because my wedding wasn't until 1 pm and I am not a morning person but I because I had no other choice. They showed up at 7 am and told me they have 30 mins per person - they were done by 10 am and then were like "oh the other wedding isn't until way later" ...so why did you come so early then!? Hair - the hair person was nice-ish, she asked me for my inspiration picture (a picture I had sent over with my questionnaire that she obviously had not looked at) I showed it to her - down, big waves. She then started to curl my hair - about halfway through I was like...so how does this turn into waves? I showed her the picture again - she said " you should have told me you wanted waves earlier, because I would have done it differently" .... um WHAT? I showed you a picture! I was pretty upset. She tried to do some wavy/curly mixture on the top layers- I had fixed it all after she left. Makeup- this was the worst of it all. I had specifically talked to them and wrote in my questionnaire that I have really dry skin and can't wear foundation because it flakes off - but don't really need it anyway because my skin is really even. I just wanted concealer under my eyes and a creamy blush (I was planning on doing my own eye makeup anyway). I told this all again to the makeup girl - she said "you should do airbrush, its only 10$ more".....I said "well I really cannot wear ANY foundation" (I have tried it all, even airbrush, all flakes off) She said ok but was huffy about it. After my hair was done she asked me to take a towel to my face to make sure I didn't have hairspray on my skin so that the foundation wouldn't streak..... I kind of just stared at her again NO foundation was requested! She seemed annoyed with me and was so rude to my bridesmaids telling them that "beauty is pain" when she hurt one of their necks by pushing on their face too hard....Also her makeup/brushes looked GROSS. I just left the room and asked my mom to tell her I wouldn't be needing her services. I doubt they will refund me for the makeup session I didn't get. This is not a company I would EVER want to work with again.

Hair makeup

Reviewed on 4/24/2015 Nandita S

Loved working with carrie, jen and jonathan. Best to work with!!! Good communication. Great personalities and great work!

Great Partner for you Wedding Day!!!!

Reviewed on 2/15/2015 Brie M

I could not be more happy and pleased with my hair and makeup wedding services from Appease! Cathy did an amazing job with my hair and was so willing to work with me to make sure I was happy. Laura did a great job with my makeup as well! I felt like I still looked like myself... Read More just a little more glamorous which is exactly what I wanted! Cathy, Laura and Carla also did a great job with all the bridesmaids, moms, flower girls and grandmas...all in all they did 12 people and everything went smoothly. I received so many compliments at my wedding and requests for who provided the service. Again, a HUGE thank you to the Appease team for making my day magical and exactly like I hoped!

Start a Conversation!