Local and Destination Wedding Photography

Appleseed is an award winning studio. When we capture your special day, we will be telling your love story through photographs. Your pictures are one investment that will last forever. We promise these will be the pictures you adore for years. Digitals in every package. *ASK ABOUT FALL 2016 SPECIALS*

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

Jacksonville, FL FL, GA, and destinations (904) 778-8855

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 2/11/2014 Tiffany

I recently got married in December and after much research decided to contact Dan and Marie. From the first email Marie was extremely nice, helpful and fast with responding. We spoke on the phone a few weeks before the wedding to finalize details and after our conversation, I... Read More knew they were going to be fantastic. She covered details I would have never thought about. On the day of the wedding...which was supposed to be an outside ceremony and reception it rained and we were forced to move inside. Despite the changes Dan and Marie were extremely flexible, compassionate and nothing short of wonderful. They are so creative and were able to capture beautiful photos despite the rain. Every detail and exciting moment from ceremony to exit was captured for us to look at and remember forever. Every picture is amazing and I could not be happier. The rain was no match for them or us and I am so grateful that they were willing to go out and take pictures in that weather. They went above and beyond and even after stalking their blog and facebook page, knowing we were going to get wonderful photos, they still exceeded my expectations. We even got our pictures early! I cannot say enough good things! I would recommend them to anyone that is looking for a photographer for any occasion. They even traveled 2 hours for us and were very reasonable on travel expenses. THEY ARE FANTASTIC!!!

Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Carlton H

Dan and Marie were AMAZING to work with. I cannot recommend a better photographer. From first meeting Marie I knew they would be a joy to work with. They were very responsive and I knew I would not have to worry a bit on my wedding day. They are great at what they do and it... Read More really shows in their pictures. They captured every single moment during my big day and I find myself constantly looking at our pictures. If you want a photographer who is easy and wonderful to work with, very creative, on time, and one that you can trust choose Appleseed Photography. Our pictures are amazing and we know we will want to look at them forever. There was not one bad photo. They are amazing.

Great Photo's

Reviewed on 5/10/2011 corelle b

Marie with Appleseed Photography was not only great at taking all the right pictures at all the right times, but she helped calm me down right before I walked down the isle. My pictures came out amazing, and I couldn't of picked a better company to go with. On time, great... Read More pictures, and very helpful what else do you need in a photographer? Thank you so much to Appleseed Photography, you made my special day even more special and gave me great pictures to show off!! -Corelle & Richard Benjamin Married 11/13/2010-

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Charlotte M

Excellent photographers! Marie and Dan did an amazing job on our wedding photos and I couldn't be more pleased with them. We had to relocate the wedding due to a hurricane and they were able to incorporate some great ideas in our pictures on the spot. They know how to position... Read More everyone in the frame just right! Also, the details, lighting, and special effects added to the pictures were stunning! We will definitely use them again in the future. If you are looking for true professionals to photograph an event, these are the ones!

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Erin C

Marie and Dan are incredible. I coordinate events as a living and I know I was probably very nit-picky with timing and shot lists. Not only were Marie and Dan accommodating, they were willing to talk about the creativity of the shot, the timing and schedule for the day knowing... Read More we had multiple locations, and truly went above and beyond the call of duty. Great folks and genuinely funny. They would crack a joke that was actually funny and get a candid laugh from my husband and I which resulted in some great photos. We loved Appleseed!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Shayna R

True Artist!!! I was introduced to Appleseed Photography by my wedding planner. She assured me that I would love their work and I did. I got married March 18th of this year. We had a Great Gatsby themed wedding so everything had to be grand and timeless. We first met with Marie... Read More and had the pleasure of Dan shooting our engagement photo shoot and our wedding day. When me and my husband received our pictures back we were immediately filled with emotions. The pictures were so perfect. We felt that we were living our wedding night all over again just looking through them. They did such a great job capturing every moment as well as embracing the theme. God has truly blessed them with an amazing gift. Thank you Appleseed Photography for photographing the best day of my life and making out memories look stunning!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Taylor H

Dan and Marie are wonderful to work with! Their photos and work speak for themselves. I received my finished photos today and am blown away by how many beautiful moments they captured and the artistic eye they have! Absolutely amazing photos that we will enjoy for many years to... Read More come! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Katie S

We loved working with Dan and Marie. Our pictures were amazing. They truly captured everything we would have wanted. They took the time to capture pictures of nearly all of our guests. Everyone was talking about how personable they were and how fun they made it!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Sarah R

Appleseed Photography was hands down the best decision I made for my wedding (besides my groom, of course!) I spent several hours researching photographers in the area but when I caught sight of Appleseed’s work I was immediately impressed… the photos were beautiful; so vivid... Read More and artsy! I was so excited about the opportunity to work with them (and have amazing wedding pictures too!) that I bypassed my wedding planner and called them right away. They were quick to respond. They are a husband and wife team (Dan and Marie). Very easy to work with. I read another review that said “They bring such a fun and laid back energy.” and I couldn’t agree more! Dan (my main photographer) made me feel comfortable and had me laughing when I was sure I’d be nothing but nervous. He really made it fun. At one point he asked to take a photo of me holding a bunch of Twizzlers like a bouquet! It was unexpected but turned out to be such a cool and very unique picture! My wishes came true many times that day thanks to Appleseed. We even got to take some special photos with our youthful dog (all dressed up in a bowtie & super proud) right after our first look. Appleseed was very helpful and I’m comfortable saying they went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure I was happy every step of the way. They were open to offer their professional advice on the set-up and placement of our homemade photo booth (paper-moon / starry night back drop) in terms of lighting, location, shadow, etc. And for our engagement shoot they reviewed photos of outfits I was contemplating and assisted me with selecting and coordinating the best options. They also helped me narrow down the options for engagement shoot location by sending me links to view previous sessions they photographed at the sites I was considering. So helpful. They gave me their honest opinions on the pros and cons of each place, like lighting restrictions, crowdedness/privacy issues, etc. When my wedding venue notified us last minute that we wouldn’t be able to have as much time to take photos (on-site) as we had originally planned, Appleseed kindly brought on extra support (3 people) to assure we got every photo possible. They made a point to ask about/become familiar with any sensitive family issues and managed to remember despite everything else they were juggling on my wedding day. True professionalism. I recommended Appleseed to my friend who needed a photographer for her maternity session. When I told her I was writing them a well-deserved review she asked me to add these comments about Marie (her main photographer): “She was very warm and accommodating to my (very pregnant) condition… always concerned with my comfort, making sure I wasn’t hot, tired, etc. She even called to make sure I brought water. She was so kind and I really enjoyed the shoot. It was much appreciated.” I’m so grateful I found Appleseed Photography. And I’m oh so grateful for my beautiful pictures- they’re absolutely incredible (Thank you Appleseed!!!)! I highly recommend Appleseed Photography to anyone seeking any kind of professional photography. I know they will be my go-to so long as I live in the FL/GA area!

Appleseed Photography is wonderful!

Reviewed on 4/26/2015

Marie and Dan from Appleseed were very responsive to all my questions before the ceremony. Marie helped me to create a wedding day timeline, and on the big day, when things did not go exactly as planned (weather and cranky wedding party member), Marie and Dan seamlessly... Read More adjusted the timeline and kept cool heads. At the reception, they were so pleasant in working with me to take all the photos I wanted of my and my husband's family. Although I have not yet seen the wedding photos, the engagement photos were gorgeous! I highly recommend Appleseed Photography.

The Best Around!

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Nancy E

My husband and I HIGHLY recommend Appleseed Photography! Do not even bother using anyone else because no one can compare. We loved working with Marie and Dan for both our engagement and wedding day photos. They are extremely hard workers and are so great and amazing at what they... Read More do as you can see in all of their pictures. They have such wonderful ideas and are willing to listen to your own ideas as well and they make you feel very comfortable as they take your pictures. Dan and Marie are willing to do whatever it takes to get the best pictures such as climbing on trees, laying down on the ground, and much more! Thanks for doing such a great job Appleseed!

True Professionals - White Room St. Augustine Wedding

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Margaux M

I decided to go with Appleseed Photography after checking out some of Dan and Marie's work on their blog/Facebook page. They were truly professionals throughout the entire wedding process - start to finish and Marie was always quick to respond to any questions via email. On... Read More the day of our wedding both her and Dan were hustling to get the perfect shots and totally went with the flow of the wedding. They were practically unnoticeable, but at the same time were right there in the middle of things getting the perfect shot! They were a pleasure to work with and would recommend Appleseed photography to any of my friends needing a professional photographer.

Wedding pics

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

My wedding pictures were amazing I will return to Appleseed over and over thank you so much.

Awesome Photographers

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Carin P

Marie and Dan were wonderful. They were able to get all of our pictures done in a professional manner yet fun and casual at the same time. They were able to put up with my family and all ther demands, which says wonders right there. We haven't got our wedding photos back yet but... Read More I know they will be great. They did an engagement shoot for us last minute and those photos were wonderful. This pair really knows their stuff.

Awesome to work with!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Katherine F

We had an awesome experience with Appleseed Photography. When I called for a consultation they were very helpful and walked me through the entire event explaining all of my options for photos. We chose the silver package with an extra hour. The day of we had Dan and Jeannie and... Read More they were both great to work and very flexible with any changes that occurred. The pictures turned out beautiful and we would totally recommend them to other Brides! - Katie E.

Appleseed Photography was GREAT!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Ashley C

Marie and Dan were a blessing that came to us through Facebook. They are so easy to work with, such wonderful energy, and so down to earth. They know how to work with people and make them feel comfortable. We cant wait to see our photos and we are patiently waiting :) We... Read More loved working with the duo and defiantly recommend them.

Friendly, accomadating, & perfect!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 charlotte a

This husband and wife team from Appleseed were heaven sent! We had a small wedding and reception two locations & both outdoors. As soon as we said our I do's it started to pour rain throughout the entire night. Somehow, Appleseed managed to capture amazing photos throughout the... Read More night. Some brides may have been upset but we all embraced mother nature & even held our toast in the rain! Even though I was satisfied, they encouraged a complimentary photo session just for the "more intimate" photos that we weren't able to get since it started raining cats and dogs immediately. We had the full package from the getting ready pics through the end when everyone started to head home... I am extremely satisfied and will continue to hire Appleseed for every family event :)

2014-10-29T13:36:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the amazing review. We had a blast photographing your wedding.

Perfect Memories and a great value.

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Megan S

We found Appleseed Photography through the knot. We were a little hesitant to use a photographer we hadn't met, but because our wedding was out of town we had to take a chance. We were glad we did. We made a trip to the venue about 3 months before the wedding to find other... Read More vendors and scheduled a meeting and engagement session with Dan and Marie. They were phenomenal and very easy to work with. We received the proofs after about 3 week and were very happy. Dan and Marie had great knowledge of lighting and so much experience with hidden gem locations. The day of the wedding they were on time and again amazed us with their ability. We had a Catholic wedding at the Basilica in St. Augustine. After the ceremony there was a 3-hr. break till the reception. Dan and Marie were like energizer bunnies, racing us from place to place to take pictures. We were amazed with both their energy and the amount of quality pictures we got. During cocktail hour they raced up to the reception venue and got many pictures of the setup before any other guests got there. They even paid special attention to the wedding party ensuring the entire event was well documented. We would happily recommend Appleseed to anyone looking for a photographer.

2014-10-29T13:36:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. It was such a pleasure being a part of your special day

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Rochelle B

Marie and Dan are absolutely amazing. From the first moment I sat down with Marie to discuss options I knew she was the right fit for us. She is very high energy, enthusiastic, creative, knowledgeable, and professional. It absolutely shows in her work that she sincerely loves... Read More what she does for a living. All of the emotions of our big day were perfectly captured! When all is said and done we ended up with amazing memories, perfect pictures, and lifelong friends in Marie and Dan.

2014-10-29T13:38:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for being so easy to work with. The pictures turned out amazing and we had such a fun time with you guys

Our new go to photographer!

Reviewed on 6/16/2014

Im so happy I chose Appleseed photography on such an important occasion! They did an outstanding job. Both are so personable, funny, friendly, fun, full of ideas, knowledgeable and professional. I will be going to them for our family pictures from now on. I really cant give them... Read More enough stars!

So Happy I went with Appleseed

Reviewed on 2/23/2014 Julie O

Marie and Dan of Appleseed Photography are very fun,creative, and professional photographers who make you feel comfortable and secure with your choice on your wedding day. I knew from the moment I sat down with Marie and looked at their work that this was going to be my... Read More photographer. I am an artist/graphic designer and have a very hard time choosing vendors because of my eye for creativity and detail. Marie and Dan's photos have that whimsical nature and artistic touch I am looking for with beautifully saturated colors and amazing lighting effects and editing techniques. They truly take pride and show passion for what they do. They made our wedding day look as if it was ripped from a magazine. Marie even worked through her cold/Flu to be with us on our day. The process has been fun, organized, and very fast! My sister had such a hard time getting back her photos from her photographer, I only wish she had had the same service that my husband and I had. The value of these photos is out of this world crazy. Appleseed photography is a hidden secret for brides looking for a value but who do not want to risk quality and that creative edge. I will be using Marie and Dan for any baby photos in the future.

Very Happy with Photos!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Sheila M

Dan and Marie were wonderful!!! Dan had never photographed a wedding at Jekyll Island before and he went prior to the wedding to look around the island and find good photo opportunities. Dan and his assistant showed up early on the wedding day and stayed late. They worked so... Read More hard and the photos turned out great. I could not be more pleased and would recommend them to anyone.

Best decision I could have made!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Hillary W

Appleseed Photography is the best of the best! Dan and Marie went out of their way to make our wedding special. They were even early for the event, and worked so hard to make sure we got the best pictures (and as many of them as possible!). The pictures are stunning, the rates... Read More are good for any budget, and you will not find friendlier or more professional individuals to work at your wedding!

They captured the day

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Angela K

Marie and Dan are absolutely wonderful. They will communicate and meet with you to make sure that they understand the pictures, feel, and memories you really want to keep from that day. They captured lighting, memories, emotion- everything I had wanted and asked for. I do not... Read More photograph well and was so worried- but the images they captured were amazing. I am very pleased and look forward to enjoying the pictures and memories for years.

Beautiful photos

Reviewed on 7/12/2013 Y Y

I looked at their blog and I really liked the pictures there. I was so excited when I received beautiful pictures of our wedding. I'm so glad that we chose Marie and Dan as our wedding photographers. They are easy and great to work with. They captured lots of beautiful moments.... Read More Photo delivery got delayed because of an accident, but they sent us updates and they were sincere, so there was no problem.