April and Steven Photography

New Jersey, New York, PA

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

4 Ziff Lane, West Windsor, NJ New Jersey, New York, PA (908) 913-0814

They are amazing photographers!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Amazing! April and Steven are simply amazing photographers who produce beautiful photos for real people like us! My husband and I were quite camera shy and did not want to do cheesy pose. However, we did freeze when the camera was pointing at us. April and Steven knew exactly... Read More how to get us relaxed and be natural while they snapped many photos of us. They really have great eyes for beautiful shots. On the wedding day, they scouted the venue quickly and found many beautiful locations for us to take pictures. We couldn’t believe how lovely the pictures came out until we saw them. We received countless compliments on both our engagement and wedding photos. We feel lucky to have them as our wedding photographers.

Authentic

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

As I review my wedding photos weeks after my wedding, I couldn’t help thanking God that I picked the right photographers. The photos are not only beautiful, but lively and real. I can totally relive the wedding day through them. Not just ordinary fragmented memory of the event,... Read More but all the details, emotion, atmosphere, energy, and tons of special moments that were captured so BEAUTIFULLY allowed me to have a complete memory of the day. And since they were so beautiful, I wanted to review the photos and thus the memory again and again. Right after my wedding, I started worrying if my make-up and hair were a bit overdo, and if my dress looked too loosen on me, and etc.. I checked FB for the photos our friends posted and thought to myself “that couldn’t be representative of the way I looked!” I contacted April and Steven, and they quickly sent me a few professional photos of myself on my wedding day. What a relief I had after seeing their photos. I look great! The color, the shape, the angel, and everything were just right! Now the photos and video are the only things left that keep the wedding day alive for us and our families and friends. The photography cost worth every penny, and I am so glad that I picked the right photographers for our wedding!

They really love what they are doing!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

April and Steven is fantastic! They did a really great job on our engagement and wedding day! They really love what they are doing. Sometimes they got more excited than us by occasionally show us some of the photos they took on the camera. You get to feel the excitement in... Read More their heart when they got some good shots. Maybe it's just me, but I feel really secure and relaxed knowing someone who love what they are doing is doing our wedding photos!

Excellent

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

April and Steven are great. They did our engagement photo session. The experience is wonderful and fun. They are friendly, passionate and creative. They don't just pose us, but they direct us through out the session. It was fun and relax. My fiancee and I were having a... Read More wonderful time. During a time we actually forgot we were in a photo session. Photos turn out great! We highly recommend April and Steven Photography.

Great

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

April and Steven are really friendly. Their goal is to capture good moments, and that's what they did on our wedding day. My wife and I had a wonderful time working with them. Usually we are both camera shy but they made us relax and comfortable during the photo shoot. We... Read More highly recommend them.

It was fun!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

We were so happy we hired April and Steven! They arrived a bit earlier than scheduled time then they started to take detail photos. After a short while, Steven left to take care the preparation for groom. I heard they had a great time. April took many candid shots of... Read More bridesmaids and I. She also directed a little bit to make us look great. They were everywhere and nowhere. Most of the time we weren't even notice them, we were busy partying of course, but they sure took tons of photos and captured all the moments. Both of them knows how to speak Mandarin and April even knows how to speak Cantonese so that's a big plus to all my oversea relatives when it comes to organizing group shots. They are friendly and passionate and lively. Some of my family and friends even took a group selfie with them! We had a blast on the day, and April and Steven surely made us worried one less thing because we know we can trust them in terms of taking beautiful photos!

Wonderful photographers

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

My husband and I decided to use April and Steven as our wedding photographers and couldn't be happier. They are friendly, helpful and professional. They gave some good suggestions that we didn't think of during the first meeting and emails later to make our whole day run... Read More smoother without having to rush everything. We love our engagement and wedding photos. I didn't miss a moment since they were all captured in the photos. April and Steven did a wonderful job!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

April and Steven worked as a team. We hardly notice their existence during ceremony and reception, but apparently they were everywhere taking photos. There were some moments that we didn't know but all relived in the photos. The photos are beautiful, and we are so glad that... Read More we found April and Steven to record our wedding day.

Very satisfied

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

The photos came out wonderful. On our wedding date, April took care of the bride, and Steven came to take care of groom. The bridesmaid and bride had a great time and fun during the preparation. I can see it later on in the photo, didn't miss a thing. Steven hang out with... Read More us, took tons of photos and made us look cool. Saved the day by helping and teaching us to fold the pocket squares. Must be hard to be a photographer these days that you need to have multiple talents. The day went smoothly and we are very satisfied with the photos. They are beautifully done.

Beautiful photos

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

My husband and I were so glad that we chose April and Steven to capture our engagement and wedding. The photos are beautifully captured. They don't mind going extra miles to get the perfect photos. When we were "stiff" at the beginning of our engagement photos, they didn't... Read More push us to get the photos done. Instead they took it slowly and made sure we looked good and lively. By the end of the photo shoot, we were completely relaxed and had so much fun. The photos, both engagement and wedding, came out really beautiful. It was a pleasure working with April and Steven!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

April and Steven took beautiful pictures on our wedding day, and the value you get for your money is just incredible: two expert photographers all day for a really low price. We had an engagement shoot as part of our package, which was really helpful in getting to understand... Read More their style, and for just learning in general how to have pictures taken of us. We got more comfortable making suggestions, creative in interpreting their ideas, and more willing to try new things. If we were uncomfortable trying something, they didn't push us at all. On the wedding day they were totally prepared for every eventuality. April hung out with me for getting-ready photos, while Steven was with the groom. They both seemed to have our shot lists and timelines memorized because they nailed everything. They also had all kinds of supplies for keeping us looking our best. We didn't have any spinach-teeth but I have no doubt they had floss just in case. They were always available to run over to take a group shot on request, but otherwise were completely unobtrusive, especially during the ceremony. The pictures themselves were awesome, and when I consider they had to contend with the ill-timed camera flashes of my photo-crazy relatives, it's even more of a miracle. One particularly difficult set of shots was trying to get all 100 guests into one picture. Getting our families to do anything coordinated is like herding cats, so I was super impressed that Steven managed to get everyone in the picture, and everyone looking nice! There was also a lot of creativity going into the "detail" pictures, and efficient use of time: April used the light and nice features of my parents' house to take pictures of my dress on a hanger, and my jewelry and shoes, while I did my sister's makeup. Steven took pictures of the rings and invitations while the groomsmen did some venue setup. One of the ring pictures, I have no idea how he did it--it looks like it was taken in a studio with carefully controlled lighting to make them glow from within against a completely shadowed background. They had our photos ready right on time per the contract. Communication was great too: they put our photos online and mailed the DVD of digitals at the same time. That made them easy to share and make prints of. We're so happy with how they turned out. Our parents apparently carry the albums around to show their friends and co-workers, so that might be a downside?

Everything We Wanted!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Emily O

April and Steven were the best! Starting with engagement photos last fall, they made us feel extremely comfortable considering neither of us were used to getting our pictures taken professionally. The engagement photos were extremely natural and did not seem forced, it was hard... Read More to choose our favorites! This continued through our wedding. They showed up early while I was getting ready with my bridesmaids and took some great candid shots of the morning as well as my dress, accessories, etc. We didn't do a first look so April stayed with me and Steven went with my husband and the groomsmen to take photos before the ceremony with family and friends. We barely noticed them throughout the ceremony and reception which was especially clear when we got our photos back because there were so many moments that we didn't even realize they were able to capture. They never put a time cap on our day and were there from the beginning through the last song, so they didn't miss a thing! The photos represent the day better than I could have ever imagined for and each time I look through them, I wish we could do it all over again! We would highly recommend April & Steven, they do a beautiful job and were worth every penny!

2014-10-29T14:41:33 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU so much! It was such a beautiful wedding!

Wonderful Service & Beautiful Quality

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Christina M

My husband and I are so happy with our choice to work with April and Steven. The photos from our engagement session and wedding all came out fantastic. We’ve received so many compliments from our family and friends about how wonderful our photos turned out. For both the... Read More engagement session and the wedding April and Steven stayed longer to make sure we had plenty of options to choose from. April and Steven are truly a wonderful couple to work with for such a happy yet stressful event. Steven stayed with my husband and April stayed with me during the preparations to be sure that details were not missed. Their professionalism let me be at ease all day. I never once felt worried. These two have such a positive and happy energy that helped everyone to relax and have fun. They truly were non-invasive throughout the event and blended in well. I however, LOVED watching them do what they love to do. Their passion definitely translates to their photos. We would recommend these two in a heartbeat! My husband and I definitely hope to work with them in the future for when we start building our family.

2014-10-29T13:00:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We would LOVE to work with you again in the future when you have new addition to your family :)

Every little detail

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Devin G

It was a joy working with April and Steven for our engagement and wedding photos. We had interviewed a lot of photographers, but their work really stood out to us. They have a wonderful photo journalistic style with a good mix of color and black and white photos. Before the... Read More wedding they asked me to complete a list of different shots I wanted. I included my "something blue" which was to be sewn into my wedding dress. While I was getting ready, April and Steven were going through the list and getting all of the shots I had requested. They quickly realized that the something blue had not been affixed to my dress by the seamstress. We were able to get it fixed in time for the ceremony. April and Steven saved the day! They have a fantastic attention to detail and are not obtrusive while working. They came up with some really cute and fun poses for my husband and I as well as the bridal party. I have absolutely recommended them to friends and know they have also been very happy with April and Steven's work.

2014-10-29T13:04:55 Response from the vendor

You both are so sweet! Thank you

Fabulous photographers

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Hal B

We hired April and Steven to take our engagement photos back in the summer of 2011, and were so happy with the results that we asked them to photograph our new-born daughter three years later. The photos are fantastic and really capture the different moments as we begin our... Read More lives together as a family. Compared to other high-end photographers in the area, the price is also reasonable. Highly recommended!!

2014-10-29T13:06:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you :) Your daughter is absolutely beautiful!

Awesome people and wonderful photographer

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Fang Z

We're so lucky to have April and Steven as our photographer for both our engagement and wedding. It was truly an amazing experience to work with them. They're super easygoing and fun, and gave us a peace of mind by creating a very comforting shooting environment in a very... Read More stressful day. They went above and beyond to make sure every precious moments were captured for us, and they also made sure that we enjoyed our big day as much as possible. And we did. We received lots of compliments from our guests and one friend commented: "Love your wedding photos, never seen anything so lively. " so we just want to say Thank you to April and Steven for doing such a wonderful job and created so many beautiful memories for us.

2014-10-29T13:07:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you!

Friendly and passionate

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

April and Steven are so friendly and passionate. I love all the photos they took from both the engagement and wedding photos. All the photos kept all the good memory, and highlighted the event that night. Excellent job!

Perfect Shot

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

I am so THRILLED I found April and Steven. Our engagement and wedding pictures are so beautiful and we adore them. They were both so easy and fun to work with and were able to make us feel comfortable and have fun and the pictures really show that. They both have such a great... Read More eye for the perfect shot and they knew just how to get us moving and interacting so the pictures werent so posed or stiff. They were a pleasure to work with and what they delivered is such a special gift that we will treasure for the rest of our lives.

Memorable Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

April and Steven were a blessing in disguise after having looked for a photograpger for our wedding on short notice. They were very professional and extremely friendly. The pictures were fabulaous and still get rave reviews from all my friends and family. Definitly recommend... Read More them. Kajal & Jacob

Wedding and Family Photos

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 T O

It was a pleasure working with both April and Steve for our wedding and for our recent family photos. When we met them we were immediately sold by Steve's carefree and fun loving attitude and willingness to get the shot at all costs. We also loved April's quiet confidence and... Read More attention to detail. As a duo they complement each other very well which is very evident in the quality of pictures we have received from them; fun, yet very detailed! (The price did not hurt either!) Our wedding pictures turned out awesome and we have received lots of compliments from friends and family alike. We liked April and Steve's work on our wedding photos so much that we recently invited them to photograph our family (which now includes our daughter aged six months). and they did not disappoint; the pictures are absolutely stunning! Thanks so much for capturing some of the most beautiful moments of our lives and we wish you continued success in all your future endeavors.

High quality work

Reviewed on 7/27/2014 John Edward D

Very polite, flexible, and provide quality work. April and Steven were enthusiastic about getting good photos infused with our personality. They are prompt with correspondence and accurate with estimates for deliverables. I would recommend their services to friends.

Amazing Photos

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Marissa J

April and Steven were amazing to work with. During both our engagement photo session and wedding day they were they were on site longer than what was contracted with them. They took an incredible amount of photos making sure we had plenty of different options to choose from. You... Read More are going to have these pictures for the rest of your life and you want to make sure that every moment is captured and they did just that. The clarity and colors of our photos were beautiful and all of my friends were completely impressed. I could not have asked for better photographers not to mentions at such a reasonable cost.

2014-10-29T13:12:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We loved your wedding~ the party is so energetic, and we had so much fun :)

Amazing experience

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Maria L

April and Steven are the perfect team. When we first met them, they were easy to talk to and asked us lots of question to get a sense of our style. They were always accommodating of our schedule and preferences. At the wedding, they truly captured the look and feel of the... Read More wedding, all without interfering. We had so much fun with them during the reception. It was a great time and we loved all the photos they took!

Captured

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Amanda G

When you're planning a wedding, you want to find vendors that produce quality products for a great value. If you're in the Princeton area, I would highly recommend April and Steven. They were fantastic throughout the entire experience, going above and beyond. Before the... Read More wedding, they were extremely communicative in answering my questions and concerns. On the day of the wedding, they stayed with us from the time we were getting ready to late in the night - an extremely long day for them. As a bride, you can appreciate that they cared enough to stay and capture everything. Having two photographers at my wedding, April and Steven not only captured my special moments, but also the moments I missed. I cannot begin to describe how beautiful my pictures turned out (Take a look at their site - amazing photos!). I have had many people that weren't at the wedding comment how beautiful the pictures came out. Again, I cannot thank them enough for all their work. They have captured wonderful memories that will be treasured for a lifetime. Don't bother contacting any other photographer - these two are it!