April Ward-Stanbrook, Justice of the Peace

Brockton, MA

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Ceremony, Wedding

Brockton, MA (508) 667-0866

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Kristen F

I'm so grateful that I found April after reading her great reviews from others. She was able to accommodate us last minute and was so easy to work with. She responded to every message within minutes and put together exactly what we were looking for without much input from us.... Read More Her personality is amazing! She is very professional but at the same time you feel like you have known her for years. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a justice of the peace.

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Kristen F

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Christina C

We hired April after my grandmother decided that officiating our ceremony would be way too emotional for her. From the start April was very responsive and helpful. I had chosen her after seeing all of the great reviews on here, and she did not disappoint! She had me send her... Read More over a little blurb about my fiance and I, and she was able to craft the perfect ceremony. I had gone back and forth about how to incorporate our kids in the ceremony, and she created the perfect family vows, and brother sister necklace ceremony. People still can not stop talking about how beautiful (and cute) the ceremony was. April seriously did an amazing job and was so easy to work with. She made sure I had all of my ducks in a row and made the whole process very stress free! I highly recommend her to anyone looking for someone to create a beautiful and unique ceremony!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Kayla M

April was absolutely incredible!! So personable and down to earth, positive with a bubbly attitude and made my wedding day less stressful and even more exciting!! If your looking for someone that's not like every other JP and fun to be around, then April is your woman!! Would... Read More recommend to any and all of my family and friends (and anyone I talk to that says their getting married)

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Marisa D

April did such an awesome job marrying my husband and I. She assisted me from day one with any questions I had. She did a wonderful job with the vows, opening and closing statements. She has such a great personality too, you won't be disappointed with her! April is also an... Read More amazing photographer and took fabulous pictures of Jon and I! I highly recommend hiring her as a photographer too!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Sandra C

April was great. Even gave me suggestions as to location for my elopement. Even took pictures of the family. Can’t say enough of her. Dry attentive and sweet. Took time and made arrangements to meet out date. Thank you for making this special occasion amazing !!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Brittny B

April was absolutely fantastic from the beginning. She was so great and easy to work with! Her personality was just what we were looking for. She answered all questions within minutes. She even added quotes from the Step Brothers movie into our vows. It was funny but yet... Read More perfect. I highly recommend April to anyone looking for a fun and loving JP!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Wanda B

I really wish that I could give April more stars. She truly is an amazing person. She was there for me and my fiance (now hubby) every step of the way. She has amazing ideas and great attention to detail. You can tell she completely loves what she does. Not once in my long... Read More engagement did I ever question my choice in hiring her. She listened when I needed to vent and was amazing at trying to problem solve with me. All of the guests are still telling me how sweet and wonderful she was. Also if you are eloping, she has amazing photography skills! Do yourself a favor and give her a shot, you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Catie D

April is fantastic at what she does! She officiated our ceremony in September and we couldn't have been happier. She is very easy to work with and really personalized the vows around the couple. She is organized and was good at reminding me when I needed to do certain things... Read More on my end. She's a wonderful person and truly added a special touch to our day. I highly recommend using her for your ceremony.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Cassie W

April is amazing and definitely deserves more than a 5 star rating! She was super helpful and made sure that we had no worries about any part of our special day. She was always there no matter what to explain things, offer suggestions and to just help make us both relax (even... Read More minutes before the ceremony when we almost forgot to breathe haha) We couldn't have been happier with the way that our special day went and it's all thanks to her especially with the awesome vows she wrote for us. Thank you so much April you were amazing and we couldn't be happier that we chose you to be there with us on our wedding day!!!! <3

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Jessie B

I wish I could leave April more than 5 stars. We approached April with ideas of what we'd like the ceremony to be, and were immeadiatly greeted with kindness and enthusiasm. She got to know us, and wrote a ceremony that had both my husband and I in tears before we even recited... Read More our vows, whilst incoporating the nerdy touches that are a part of who we are. Never would I have thought so many Star Wars and Legend of Zelda quotes could be woven into such a beautiful ceremony so seamlessly, never sounding cheesy (which was my concern when my husband enthusiastically agreed they were needed, I now whole heartedly agree) but bringing many smiles to us and all of our loved ones, and reflecting a big part of our shared interests. She made our wedding ceremony everything we wanted, and more, even including our son in the unity candle ceremony. I highly recommend anyone who wants a ceremony to reflect who they are and the love they share to have April officiate. I can't for even a moment imagine anyone else standing up there with us, pronouncing us man and wife. The force is strong with this one!

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Marietta S

I just want to say Dan and I got married July 15,2017 and April was so amazing! She customized our vows to show who Dan and I really are. She is so wonderful and caring. This isn't just a job to her. She takes the time to get to know you and become a friend. We highly... Read More recommend April as your "Offbeat Officiant." She's the best❤❤❤

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Julia R

My husband and I wanted an officiant to provide a heartfelt, non-religious ceremony. April did just that. Her ceremony was eloquent and beautiful, from start to finish, and tailored to us. She had many options for vows in case you don't want to write your own, and she learned... Read More the history of our relationship so she could weave it into the ceremony. We would recommend April to any couple looking for something a little different on their special day.

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Danielle L

April officiated our wedding on May 20,2017 and she was SPECTACULAR! From the first time I spoke with her, I felt like I had known her forever. I immediately knew that she HAD to be the one to complete our special day. You can tell she not only loves what she does, but she was... Read More made for it. I never once worried about our ceremony, our vows, or the legal process of our marriage license. She took our ideas for our vows, and wrote them for us (creative inspiration is not our forte). Our vows were the most beautiful piece of art I have ever read. I highly recommend April to anyone who wishes to obtain the perfect dream of a wedding everyone chases. I know ours was ☺️

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Jill S

When I first found April online, I was drawn to her style- a little funky! We are not the type to have a stuffy, traditional wedding ceremony so we knew we wanted to go with someone willing to make it unique and special to us. Every communication with April was comfortable, open... Read More and prompt- she always responded quickly and answered every question I had. Upon first meeting, both my (now) husband and I instantly felt comfortable with her. She took a lot of time to ask us questions about our relationship and really left no stone unturned. When we left we felt confident that this was our person- we had a lot in common and felt she really "got us" We were able to work with her to put together the perfect ceremony and when the day came, she delivered 150%! There was not a dry eye in the place. What she put together was sweet, meaningful and perfect for what we wanted- she even worked with us so we could have a translator for some of our family members who needed the ceremony in Spanish. April's goal, from the beginning, was for people to think we have been friends for years when she performed our ceremony. When people actually said "oh, I thought you were already good friends!" Or "I can't believe you didn't know each other before this!" I knew she had done what she set out to do. Thank you so much, from the bottom of our hearts, for being everything we could have wanted and more. You made our wedding day so incredibly special!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Leanne L

I have to say on behalf of my husband and I, we absolutely LOVED having April be our officiant. She was so laid back and helpful throughout the entire process. She was also professional, knowledgeable, and had a great sense of humor throughout everything. April provided input... Read More and was also open to any and all ideas we had that were a bit "out of the box" but she made our day very special. We strongly recommend April!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Angie K

We were so happy with April as our JP. We wanted short, sweet, and to the point, and she definitely delivered. She was very prompt responding to emails and was great about reminding us about the marriage license. She wrote a ceremony that was perfect for us. I highly recommend... Read More her!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Caitlin M

I can not say enough about how truly beautiful and amazing my wedding ceremony was. We got so many compliments all night about how it was the perfect amount of tradition and fun. Everyone loved how beautifully she delivered the ceremony, even the die hard church ceremony... Read More advocated couldn't deny how amazing she was.

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Melissa L

April was truly amazing! It was like a dear close friend was marrying us although I met her for the first time 20 minutes before the ceremony! April kept in constant contact making sure to offer her help with the ceremony. The words she wrote were unique and beautiful and she... Read More delivered them with sincerity. She did an amazing job with our hand fasting ceremony which was her first. She truly is passionate about marriage and you can tell that she loves what she does. Highly recommended!!