Arrowhead Golf Club

Wheaton, IL

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Arrowhead Golf Club in Wheaton, Illinois is a sought-after location for wedding events. The charming stone and brick clubhouse sits on beautifully landscaped grounds with a well-tended, 27-hole golf course, a lake, flowing fountains and lush fairways. The tri-level property and its grounds are located between Herrick Lake Forest Preserve and Danada Farms in the suburbs of Chicago. The site offers picturesque surroundings with the sophistication that country clubs are renowned for. It has an indoor and outdoor venue for ceremonies and receptions.

The Lawn. Guests sit on either side of a pretty brick pathway that leads to a raised platform area where the couple exchanges their vows under a white pergola. The beautiful backdrop of landscaping with lush greenery, colorful flowers and the lake make for stunning wedding photos.

The Grand Ballroom. This magnificent ballroom features French glass doors and picture windows offering guests panoramic views across the golf course. With a vaulted ceiling and 5,304 square feet in size, it accommodates up to 300 guests or can be divided into three smaller areas for more intimate receptions. The stylish decor includes mahogany trim, floor length draperies in rich tones and a carpet with the signature arrowhead design. The Grand Ballroom has twin private balconies allowing for aerial wedding photos and guests can relax in the adjacent Atrium Living Room. The romantic stone veranda has views of the fairways and flowers and can be set up to enjoy cocktail hour. After the main reception meal, guests can dance the night away on the large wooden dance floor.

Arrowhead Golf Club's wedding professionals provide impeccable service and take care of every detail. The executive chef is known for producing handcrafted cuisine and artistically creative culinary menus. Arrowhead Golf Club's VIP Package includes a six-hour reception with a four-hour premium bar package. A selection of bottled domestic beers and estate wines are included as well as an elegantly appointed candlelit cocktail room. A champagne toast is included and wine is served with dinner, which consists of sumptuous plated cuisine, plus coffee service. The table of honor is tailored and draped, pressed ivory linens are provided and so are glass votive decorations for each guest table.

The Exclusive Upgrade to this package includes a four-hour super premium open bar, butler-passed hors d’oeuvres or late-night snacks, a wedding cake, floor-length ivory linens and custom satin lamour chair ties and covers. One choice can be made from a butler-passed signature drink, an additional selection of domestic and imported beer, additional butler-passed hors d’oeuvres or colored table runners for the guest tables.

The hot and cold butler-passed hors d’oeuvres include phyllo wrapped asparagus, mini crab cakes, bleu cheese stuffed dates and Caprese skewers. Alternatively, three can be chosen and accompanied by a display, such as vegetable crudités or a Mediterranean display. Other options include a sushi display, a seafood hot and raw bar or the chef's antipasto table.

For the plated dinner, a choice of starters and salads is given followed by chicken, beef and seafood entrees. The chef's signature collection includes dishes such as roasted rack of lamb, apple cider brined grilled pork tenderloin and the AGC signature trio. Combination and duet selections are also available, such as filet of beef sirloin and pan-seared chicken or French cut chicken and shrimp. Separate meal choices are available for children under 10 years of age.

For beverages, the Premium VIP Packages includes two wines to be served with dinner and two standard beers and spirits. These choices can be upgraded in the Super Premium Exclusive Upgrade. Nonalcoholic beverages are complimentary with both of these packages. Further upgrades are available for the beer and wine. Enhancements can include a martini bar, a mojito bar and a personalized cocktail.

As well as a custom wedding cake, there are numerous dessert options. These include dipped monogrammed treats, fruit kabob trees, a nitro dessert station and a make-your-own trifle bar, among others. Late-night snacks and a coffee station are also available.

Arrowhead Golf Club has recommended vendors to make planning the wedding easier and more convenient for the couple. These vendors include florists, hotels, DJ and entertainment services, ice sculpture professionals, a ceremony officiant and music, a valet service, lighting and decor companies, photographers and videographers.

When booking a wedding event at Arrowhead Golf Club, there are numerous benefits:

• The third story of the clubhouse is reserved for exclusive use by the couple and their guests
  • Only one wedding reception is hosted per evening
  • A personalized tasting session is given with the executive chef
  • A private bridal suite is given to the couple on their wedding night, complete with champagne
  • Recommended hotels for wedding guests have special rates and shuttle arrangements
  • A personal maître d’ attends to the couple throughout the entire wedding event
  • The Exclusive Upgrade includes a luxury couple's massage and a golf package for the groom

Perfect memories are made here.

Arrowhead provides extraordinary facilities, delectable cuisine, supreme service, and spectacular views. Every aspect of your special event can be customized to your satisfaction. Our facility accommodates up to 300 guests. Arrowhead is the perfect site for wedding receptions and ceremonies.

Ballroom, Country Club

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

26W151 Butterfield Rd., Wheaton, IL (630) 653-5800

Reviewed on 2/19/2016

Arrowhead Golf Club was our BEST vendor (we had several great ones) and with how well our wedding turned out , we feel that is saying a LOT! Our primary contact was Brittiny and secondary was Alexis. They were both awesome! Brittiny was always supportive, available, and... Read More considerate. She coordinated all of our tastings (they went out of their way to make sure we were happy with our food choices), timelines, drop-offs, endless questions, etc, while seemingly always being available and willing to give suggestions and guidance when we needed. My now wife's mantra was "Just call Brittiny and it's taken care off." We chose the exclusive package which with all it included like upgraded bar, the cake, extra hors d' oeurve, and more, made it a great deal. Our amazing dinner choices were a little non conventional - bourbon salmon and apple cider pork. To this day, two months later, we continue to get compliments on how delicious all the food was. The only complaint about the food we ever heard was multiple people being upset they did not leave enough room for our dessert (the monogramed treats) and late night snack (nacho bar) both of which everyone said were incredible. Many guests told us it was the best meal they ever had at a wedding. They also loved how the hors d' oeuvres were served, all at once with four choices on the plates rather than having to wait for each one. Arrowhead also went to great lengths to cater to the bride. We were provided with a private bridal suite, a buzzer if we ever needed anything, and were assigned a captain who personally took care of anything we needed. Finally, the place is beautiful. We had a Christmas wedding and the entire place was decked out to the point that we felt we did not need so much of our own flowers. etc. Even in the dead of winter January when we first saw it, its beauty shined. We loved being the only wedding there & having the whole third floor to ourselves. Arrowhead, Brittiny & Alexis, thank you so much! We loved it!

Perfect Setting, Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Traci S

Few brides can say that their wedding day went as smoothly as ours did! Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate, but Brittiny and I were in communication from 9am about deciding where to hold the ceremony. We decided to move indoors due to high 50s and damp grass.... Read More Nonetheless, the room for the ceremony looked gorgeous and our guests were warm and happy! The transition from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception was seamless as well. We received so many compliments on the food (prime rib) and the drinks. We received so many compliments from our friends and family. They all had such a wonderful time. The only negative was the rehearsal the day before, which was a little chaotic due to wedding guests from the Friday wedding hanging over in our rehearsal space. Nevertheless, Brittiny from Arrowhead helped us move them along! I would highly recommend Arrowhead to any bride/groom! The food was phenomenal and the space and scenery are so beautiful. Their staff is always available to answer questions. They make planning a wedding much easier! Love Arrowhead!

Our winter wedding at Arrowhead

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Lynn R

We had our wedding in December at Arrowhead Golf Club and it was absolutely perfect!! The golf club was decorated beautifully with wreaths, lights, garland and Christmas trees.. It was breathtaking inside and out! We even had our ceremony inside the venue and they flipped the... Read More room during cocktail hour for our reception! Having the ceremony there made it intimate for our family and friends and it was beautiful from the decor to the chair covers and ties. The entire wedding ran smoothly, the appetizers were amazing and so was the dinner! Our guests have not stopped talking about how amazing and elegant our venue was! We worked with Alexis Wiley and Brittiny and they were incredible to work with! Alexis always kept me informed and was so helpful throughout the whole process. Any time I had questions or concerns, she would answer my emails or phone calls. The staff were also amazing the night of the wedding making sure that everyone had everything they needed. The waiters and bartenders did an outstanding job! We will never forget our wedding day and how amazing it was at Arrowhead Golf Club!!! It was truly the wedding of our dreams and working with such amazing people made it that much more memorable for us!!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Camille P

Alexis & the staff at Arrowhead were wonderful for our April, 2017 wedding! My husband and I live in Chicago and have zero ties to Wheaton, but selected Arrowhead because the space is SO beautiful and Alexis was great at giving us any and all information we requested during our... Read More selection process. The entire planning process with Arrowhead was seamless & stress free. Everyone loved the food served & made it known what awesome service they received!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Jamie S

Arrowhead was amazing and perfect! We couldn't have asked for anything more, everything went smoothly! Brittany and Nikko were a key part in our planning and big day and they helped us to make sure we didn't have to stress about anything! Love arrowhead!!!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Ramiro S

Let me begin by saying how happy my wife and I are, we decided on Arrowhead for our venue. This past Saturday, on our way home, we didn't have anything but positive thoughts about how everything came out and how much fun our family had on Friday. I've had several calls from... Read More friends and family members, who keep complimenting us our wedding and venue. Arrowhead is not cheap, but it is a GREAT VALUE, for the venue, food, drinks and extras you can get. During our selection process, I was in charge of the budget, and working with Brittiny, we were able to plan a solid event within our budget. The staff at Arrowhead, goes above and beyond to make sure you and your guest are having a great time. Thank you to the Arrowhead team for such an amazing time!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Brian H

My bride and I chose to stop in at Arrowhead Golf Club when we were out looking at other places and we are glad that we did. The team at Arrowhead took the time to listen to our concerns and worked with us to make sure that all the requirements of the day were fulfilled. The... Read More venue is gorgeous, the food options were plentiful and after tasting numerous items and speaking with the chef, we were able to put together a delicious menu. The vegetarian/special diet requests were extremely well prepared and drew raves from our guests. The Ultimate Nacho Bar was delicious and extremely popular. The service was smooth and any issues (which were never brought to our attention) were handled flawlessly. (Thank you staff.) Our 110 guest wedding was a felt little cramped in the cocktail hour, but there was plenty of space available, people were just swarming the new couple. We also chose to have a rehearsal dinner with Arrowhead. This also went extremely smooth, we had access to the ceremony area the night before the wedding and the food/bar for the dinner was excellent. All in all, after weighing all our venue options, the attention to detail from the staff, the facility, and the overall experience with Arrowhead made out night great and both the bride and groom are happy we decided to stop in.

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Hannah J

Arrowhead Golf Club was the perfect venue for our wedding! We hosted our indoor ceremony and reception in their gorgeous upstairs ballroom. Brittiny was our main contact and she was incredible to work with, very responsive and always answered all of my questions within a day or... Read More two. I felt like I was in such good hands with her the day of the wedding and it showed. We got so many compliments on the beauty of the venue, and most importantly, the food. Our meals were delicious and our guests raved about them. We loved that we had a private food tasting ahead of time and were able to attend a bridal showcase to try all the wine and hor d'oeuvres. We did the upgraded Exclusive Package and it was well worth the money for the cocktail hour hor d'oeuvres, signature drink, cake and more. I would tell any bride looking for a beautiful venue with an incredible staff to consider Arrowhead. They really made our wedding a night to remember!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Lauren K

I got married here November 19, 2016. From the very beginning stages of planning Arrowhead and its coordinators were super responsive and helpful. They were always accommodating and helped put me at ease through out the planing process. The food for the wedding was AMAZING,... Read More hands down one of the best meals I have ever had. Even though it was cold out there were plenty of places to take pictures inside, including the bridal suite where we got ready. Even with a few wedding day hick-ups everything went smoothly thanks to the staff for being so patient and working around us. They make your day feel so important and really put the bride and groom first. I can't say enough good things about Arrowhead! :)

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Lizzie G

Truly a top class wedding venue. My husband and I had our reception at Arrowhead and cannot say enough great things about the entire experience. Brittiny was our coordinator and she was exceptional. Very responsive and attentive to our requests along with being very... Read More knowledgeable. We along with our guests were treated like royalty at the reception. We highly recommend Arrowhead and Brittiny to anyone looking for the best wedding reception.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Catherine H

We used Arrowhead Golf Club for our wedding reception in mid-October. Brittiny is a miracle worker – she always made us feel like our wedding was the top priority, and paid such close attention to all of the little details we wanted worked into our big day. Everything was... Read More perfect, and she was there throughout the reception to make sure all of the little details of our big day were perfect as well. The service, efficiency, communication, and attention to detail were first class; we could not be more thrilled to have had our wedding reception at this beautiful venue. All of our guests (still to this day) rave that the venue and service were top notch. I have never had more people express how delicious their food was either – a huge compliment to the chef! If you are looking for a wedding venue, I highly advise that you stop by and take in the beauty of this golf club (and course!). The service from all of the staff, Brittiny in-particular, make it a “no brainer.” Thank you all, for giving us the perfect wedding reception.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016

We knew instantly when we toured Arrowhead Golf Club that this was the venue for us to hold our ceremony and reception. We were very impressed by the breathtaking grounds and ceremony site. It was also important to us that we would be the only wedding that day at the venue.... Read More Our point of contact was Alexis and she ensured that our day was be perfect and that everything went smoothly each step of the way. We advised Alexis at the start of our planning that we had no expectations and left a lot up to her experience. We were not disappointed. Our day was perfect and there is not one thing we would change. The food was amazing! The chef attended the tasting and was able to answer any questions we had regarding the menu which enabled us to make some slight changes. The service was also impeccable and we didn't have to request anything. The bride and groom are given a buzzer should anything be needed. We never utilized it because our servers were right there providing attention. The parents table also received the same level of service as well. All being said, our wedding was beyond fabulous and we truly thank Arrowhead Golf Club and Alexis for making that possible.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

When we were looking for a wedding venue this is one that caught my eye! I went to check it out and thought it was beyond beautiful!! I loved that it was an entire floor, beautiful views and so spacious. What I didn't exactly like was some pictures that I saw online made the... Read More room look small. In person the room is large and so pretty. Online the pictures make the venue look like someones home or low ceilings. I wanted the pictures to look nice, and maybe the people had a bad photographer but that was something that was important to me. They also have great package deals and the woman who handles the weddings is so sweet and caring!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 caitlin m

I had nothing but a great experience with Arrowhead Golf Club. From the moment I came in to view our possible venue to the time we left, was nothing but professional and perfect. Brittiny was my event coordinator and she was always there to answer every (and there were many)... Read More emails and concerns I had. All of my decorations were out perfectly and the staff working that night were amazing. They were very timely with any thing we asked for, and took care of the head table and family tables to an A+ rating. I'm so happy I chose Arrowhead as my venue, and will continue to choose them with anything else I need celebrating!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Katie W

I can't imagine a more beautiful, flawless wedding than the one we had at Arrowhead. My husband and I had our wedding (indoors) and reception on August 20, 2016, and everything was fantastic from start to finish. Our main contact was Alexis, and our backup was Brittiny. Alexis... Read More was friendly, professional and responsive (and always had an away message up when she was out of the office, so we weren't left hanging), and she was incredibly helpful throughout the wedding planning process. Alexis was present during our wedding, and was really just awesome from start to finish. We had less contact with Brittiny, but she was also excellent. The venue is huge and beautiful, and has sprawling golf course views. The guest area for our wedding was basically the whole second floor of the building, and looks very classy and elegant. There's a large hall with a big dance floor, a seating area away from everything where people can relax and talk, a well-stocked bar, and a large cocktail area/anteroom that provided an area for guests to mingle and take a break from the music and dancing. The food was so good. The best wedding food I've had. We chose the filet mignon, the spinach-stuffed chicken, and a vegetarian option. Everything was done perfectly and our special requests were fulfilled with no problem. I've had multiple compliments on how great the food was, and I myself really liked what I was able to eat during the busy evening. We also had a gelato cart and a nacho bar, which were HUGE hits with our guests. And there are TONS of add-on options like these. We chose the upgraded Exclusive Package, and were provided with additional alcohol, a cake, a huge variety of table linens to choose from, and various other upgrades, including additional (delicious) hor d'oeuvres. Overall the service was fantastic, the food was amazing, and the venue is absolutely gorgeous. It's pricey, but well worth the money. We had a beautiful, elegant wedding that went off without a hitch.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Barb H

We had both our ceremony and reception at Arrowhead. We are still beyond impressed with our entire experience. From our first visit to our wedding day, there was constant communication and professionalism from Alexis, our coordinator, as well as the various other staff we... Read More encountered. The ceremony site is lovely and you forget that you are on a golf course. The guests do face the setting sun, but the surroundings makes up for that fact. We were married in July and the landscaping was perfect - not too much to draw from us, but enough to keep the space beautiful. We loved that we were the only wedding for the day. There was more than enough space for our 185 guests. The cocktail area and ballroom flowed nicely throughout the night and allowed our guests to step away from the dancefloor to mingle when they wanted. Alexis truly made our experience so wonderful. She was so helpful and accommodating in making our wedding day all that we pictured. The staff was extremely attentive and the food was outstanding. We went with the exclusive package and it was definitely worth the money; all allergies were respected and our vegetarians raved about their entrees - the chef even came to speak with them to make sure they enjoyed their food! We would not hesitate to recommend Arrowhead as your wedding venue!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016

We just had our wedding at Arrowhead. Everything was great! Our wedding was very organized and everything went smoothly. Service was on point and everyone commented on how great the food was. We appreciate all the work they put into our special day. Highly recommend... Read More checking out this venue for your wedding or event.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Chris M

We loved having our wedding at Arrowhead. The food was delicious and the room was set up beautifully. All of the staff was very helpful the day of the reception and everything ran smoothly. I would highly recommend Arrowhead as a reception location.

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Sue P

We were very impressed!! Everything was perfect. Guests were raving about the food and service. Beautiful grounds. Couldn't have gone any better. Brittany was wonderful and very helpful. Would definitely recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Sarah T

Arrowhead was wonderful to work with! Brittiny helped us with planning each step of the way. The week leading up to the wedding, we wanted to add a few last minute things. Brittiny was more than willing to help us get this done even if it included calling vendors at the last... Read More second or rush ordering the candy for our candy bar. The day of the wedding was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. The room looked amazing and atmosphere was exactly what we had expected. Throughout the night Brittiny checked in with me a few times to make sure all was going well. The service throughout the night was amazing!! A waiter checked in with the bridal party throughout dinner to see if we needed any drinks and the waiters at the bar were as friendly as could be! Our guests had many great things to say about how delicious all of the food was and how nice to staff was! We are forever grateful to share our wonderful day with Arrowhead Golf Club!! Thank you Brittiny and the AGC staff who made our day one we will never forget!!!

Reviewed on 3/26/2016 Alexandra E

Arrowhead was an absolute pleasure to work with and our day was absolutely gorgeous!! The grounds are so well kept and there are so many amazing areas to get photos. Brittiny and Alexis are amazing to work with as well and helped so much. My husband and I can't say enough... Read More wonderful things about the venue and it's highly recommended!!!

Reviewed on 3/04/2016

We held a winter wedding reception (February 28, 2016) at Arrowhead. Our celebration was a smaller event (60 guests) and we were looking for a location which was cozy, elegant and had a "rustic feel". The center ballroom with it's views of the golf course and hardwood... Read More floors also added to the wonderful ambiance. It could not have turned our more perfect. Our cocktail hour, butler passed hors d'oeuvres and dinner were excellent. Brittiny and the staff at Arrowhead handled every detail with care. The staff is exceptional. I HIGHLY recommend checking out this location for any event. They're simply the best.

Reviewed on 12/28/2015

I wish I could give even more stars! I never wanted to have a big wedding but when it came down to it- destination wasn't going to happen. Arrowhead was originally a little over what we wanted to spend, especially having a guest list of 250, but now that it is all over, we... Read More couldn't be happier that we chose Arrowhead. It was worth every single penny. I don't know many people who aren't stressed on their wedding day. You could even call their system there flawless. Working with Alexis and Brittiny was AMAZING, you just don't have to worry about a thing. They do an amazing job and are super accommodating. But the day of they make everything absolutely beautiful. I didn't once worry about anything. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for a nice big wedding in suburbs with elegant Country Club feel!!

Arrowhead Ceremony/Reception

Reviewed on 12/20/2015 Christina O

Arrowhead is such a beautiful place to have a wedding. While I found the venue to be somewhat pricier than what my husband and I initially wanted to spend - we just couldn't find another venue like this one and we made it work. I don't regret the decision at all! We received so... Read More many compliments regarding the venue and decor. One of my favorite things about the venue is that there is only one wedding a night and we had the entire top floor to ourselves!! We had our ceremony and reception there. Everyone I spoke to said the food was amazing! The mushroom soup got rave reviews. Alexis (catering manager), was super accommodating and a pleasure to work with. I bombarded her with so many questions and she always got back to me in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend this place.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Kate F

Everything at Arrowhead Golf Club was amazing - the people, the decor, the food, etc. I could not have had a better experience. Everyone was very easy to get a hold of and help in any way possible. The day of went without a hitch and was my dream wedding. I highly recommend this... Read More venue!