Artful Weddings by Sachs Photography

Baltimore, MD

Artistic, Documentary

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available

3500 Parkdale Avenue, Baltimore, MD (443) 438-4897

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Megan R

Out of all of our wedding vendors, Anne and her team were our favorite. She helped to make our wedding day perfect, and we would highly recommend her. After the wedding, Anne even got us an article in the Baltimore Sun, featuring two of her pictures of our wedding! Thank you,... Read More Anne, for being organized, having wonderful ideas, and delivering the MOST beautiful pictures.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Erin D

Artful Weddings was amazing! The photographers caught everything we wanted and more. Looking through the photos, sometimes we couldn't believe all the details that they were able to capture. They were very receptive to our requests, but also were quick on their feet when they... Read More spotted a beautiful shot and used the setting well. I couldn't have asked for better photos and portraits of our friends and family.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Tim D

Anne and Joseph were wonderful to work with. They were patient, creative, and dynamic. I would strongly recommend using their services.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

Artful Weddings by Sachs Photography made our wedding memories last forever. Anne was patient, kind, and sweet. She took the time to get to know our story and how we met and really made us feel special.

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Laura T

Anne and her team have been a delight to work with. The photos are amazing and captured joy and love on the day.

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Jaclynne M

This is a long review, so if you don’t want to read my entire review, let me say now - Artful Weddings is a fantastic choice. I specifically had Anne and Howard as my photographers and they were the absolute best. You will not be disappointed with Artful Weddings as your... Read More photographer. Now for more details... I met with Anne about a year before our wedding date and knew immediately that I wanted Artful Weddings, and specifically Anne, to be our photographer. She is incredibly professional, but also very easy to get along with. At first, my fiance and I didn’t want to do an engagement shoot, but after speaking with her she explained that an engagement shoot is - at the very least - a great way to feel comfortable taking pictures with her as the photographer. She was 100% right. Not only did our pictures come out great, but we felt much more at ease with her once the big day came. The time leading up and organizing for the wedding was a breeze with Anne. She and I went through our timeline, what we wanted the focus to be on, my list of photos, and the style of wedding photography we prefer. During one of these prep meetings, we warned her of our large and very - excited - wedding party. We told her everyone is nice, but could be a difficult group to corral. When the day came, Howard was with the boys and Anne was with the girls and it was the perfect fit. Howard was able to capture my husband and the great time he was having with his friends and family getting ready while Anne was able to capture all of the special moments while all the girls got ready. When it came time to take photos with the entire wedding party it was a little hectic as we warned Anne. However, Anne and Howard were the best people to handle this situation. They kept great pace, while making everyone feel comfortable and allowed them to have a great time. With all the craziness, she was able to capture all of the moments I requested and the huge, never fading smile on my husband’s face. I already knew that I loved Anne, but our wedding party and our parents did as well. They felt like she did an amazing job of capturing great moments, but was never “in the way”. We had so much fun with Anne and Howard, we honestly didn’t want them to leave. Anne is a great communicator throughout the entire process. Not only was she very attentive leading up to the wedding date, but her communication was just as timely after the wedding. She and I kept in close contact after the wedding and she let us know the second our pictures were ready. And they were incredible. We had soooo many pictures to look at that captured every aspect of our wedding, which was exactly what we wanted. We are now working on our album, and we can’t wait to see the final result. The proof so far looks amazing. I had the pleasure of working with Anne and Howard, but feel comfortable recommending any photographer who works for Anne. They are very professional, want to make sure your day is perfect and want to make you feel very comfortable. You will be very happy with them as your photographer.

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Marlene P

They are amazing team to work with! Very responsive and always available to accommodate all your needs for the big day. Pictures were amazing, everyone love it! You won't regret it, they are great and definitely highly recommend it!

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 1/18/2016

From the first meeting to finalizing the albums, it has been a pleasure to work with the Artful Weddings team. We first met with Anne as we looked for a photographer for our daughter's wedding and we didn't need to look any further! From the beginning, she was able to... Read More combine her expertise in photography with the feel our daughter wanted in her photos. She and her assistant did a wonderful job of capturing the entire event in beautiful images which conveyed the feelings of the day as well as the actual happenings. Anne worked seamlessly with all of the groups-bride and groom, bridal party, extended family, guests, venue..., and we couldn't be happier with the wonderful collection of images of the wedding. She continued the personal service right down to meeting with my daughter and I to help finalize the plan for both of our albums. I would highly recommend Artful Weddings by Sachs Photography to be a part of your special day!

A dream-come-true photographer

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Marie C

After interviewing 5 photographers, I chose Anne Sachs. Her professionalism, personality, and experience made me sign with her. It was very important to me to select the very best photographer for my wedding, no matter what the cost, because I knew that after the wedding is... Read More over, all you have are the special moments captured in pictures. Anne did just that. I'm not a fan of posed pictures, but you have to have some of those too. Anne understands your requests and captures the wedding flow of events beautifully without being intrusive. I can't be more pleased with the amazing photographic excellence worthy of a magazine, Anne provided.

2015-12-30T11:52:39 Response from the vendor

I had so much fun working with Marie and Felipe - the wedding was gorgeous, elegant and so much fun, just like the two of them. Cheers! And Congratulations! Anne

Hands Down Best Photography in Baltimore

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Carolyn B

My husband and I planned a destination wedding to the Inner Harbor. After meeting with Anne, we knew we had to book her for our big day. That turned out to be one of the best decisions we made in our whole planning process. Anne and Joe Sachs have an excellent reputation in... Read More the area simply because they take amazingly beautiful pictures. Their team of photographers are so very talented as well. My pictures are more gorgeous than I could have ever imagined. It was very difficult to narrow down my favorites for our wedding album. I loved having two photographers there to capture different angles and perspectives. The team was so easy to work with and made everyone very comfortable in front of the camera. We had to make last minute changes and decisions due to the weather, but everything worked out wonderfully. I will tell you that using Sachs Photography will be one of the best decisions you will make.

Amazing photos, but a hiccup in the planning

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Jo H

I booked to have Sarah as my photographer over a year before my wedding date - I live abroad so only had a few times throughout my engagement when I'd be home and able to attend meetings in person. We met with her and felt totally safe and excited right away. I spent weeks going... Read More on about what a cool photographer I had. After our initial meeting we planned to meet again a few months before the wedding to finalize details. A few weeks before that trip home I contacted Sachs to set the date, and was informed then that Sarah was no longer working for them - no one had contacted me when she left to warn us, and by that time it was just a few months out from our date and most other photographers were booked up. We were really upset, especially because we'd thought Sarah would mesh with us so well. And living abroad I couldn't just stop in to meet with their other photographers, like they suggested. That was a really tough week, there were so many other wedding tasks to do it felt really frustrating to have to revisit something we thought was crossed off so long before. Christina, one of their available photographers, contacted me and we exchanged some emails, she was sympathetic about the situation and when I did come into town we met and she turned things around for us. We kept our booking with Sachs and on the wedding day Christina was wonderful. She was so casual, there was no stress, when we were busy she found things to do like getting still shots of dresses and such, she was fun and cheerful and calm and had our shot list and timetable down perfectly. The pictures are spectacular and everyone's personalities come through so well. I am really glad we had Christina and now I couldn't imagine not having here there, I can't say enough about how professional and fun she was, and she always seemed to be in just the right place to get special shots.

2015-12-30T11:57:12 Response from the vendor

Unfortunately, this was a situation that was completely out of our hands. Our photographer had not indicated to us that she was unable to shoot the wedding until we notified her that the client was ready to meet with her to go over details (6... Read Less Read More

Great Gatsby wedding

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Catharine P

Working with Anne was an absolute pleasure! From the moment I stepped into the studio she made me feel comfortable and was immediately able to understand my vision for the wedding day and how I wanted my pictures to look. The entire experience was seamless in that she got... Read More every picture I wanted from the day and many amazing candids I could have never predicted. At one point she was laying in the street in the snow to capture images. Worth every penny. I cannot say enough good things about Sachs Photography.

Thank you Anne and Joe from Artful Weddings!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Stephanie R

One of my best decisions when planning our wedding was to chose Artful Weddings Photography! Anne and Joe were a pleasure to work with both in planning and the day of the wedding. They were incredibly organized and proactive in the planning process, reviewing all the different... Read More solo/ group pictures we needed to make sure nothing was missed. They are also very calming and unassuming to help with those day-of jitters and make you feel comfortable as a couple. Ann and Joe also put immense time and effort into understanding Orthodox Jewish traditions to know the most important moments of the day to capture. They scoped out our venue extensively beforehand to find the best places to shoot, and somehow helped make a golf course look like a beautiful forest/park for outdoor shots. Most importantly, the pictures were ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS and I had our wedding album within 3-4 months!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Brittany B

Choosing Sachs was one of the best decisions that we made. Working with Anne and her team was such a pleasure from the start. She made everything such an easy process, from working with our other vendors to making sure she had the right team with her the day of the wedding to be... Read More sure they got all of the requested shots, and then some! They were so patient with us and professional, never intrusive to get the shot. I'm so glad we also got an album too. The layout was perfect after the first try and it came out beautifully. I highly recommend Sachs (and Anne!) to everyone.

Beautiful Wedding Photos

Reviewed on 4/11/2015 Paige H

We had a wonderful experience with Sachs Photography! From our initial meeting with Anne to follow up consultations with Sarah, we were given the best treatment by the entire team. We were blown away by the number of beautiful, quality pictures and will treasure these memories... Read More for the rest of our lives. -Paige

Wonderful Photographer and Person!

Reviewed on 3/03/2015 Kelly K

Anne is absolutely wonderful to work with. She is very professional and talented. She took great engagement pictures and really made us feel at ease in front of the camera. Our wedding pictures are awesome and she is super helpful selecting pictures for the album! She allowed me... Read More to come in and play around with the spreads for the actual album and the final product far exceeded our expectations!

Perfect choice for our wedding

Reviewed on 2/15/2015 Katie M

We worked with Anne from the first meeting before booking to a final wedding album meeting a few months after the wedding. From start to finish, my husband and I couldn't be more pleased with Artful Weddings. They were prompt for all meetings and on the day of, fit us in for... Read More appointments without delay, were professional, and always helpful. My emails were answered faster than with any other vendor we had. So that's the basics. But what makes them special? Anne knew we wanted great fall foliage for our engagement shots. The night before, Anne contacted us to say that the leaves hadn't quite changed in Baltimore, and suggested an alternate location so we could get the backdrop we'd hoped for. Not only that, but she'd injured her foot/ankle recently, and kept our appointment even so! Total dedication, above and beyond. Then there are the engagement and wedding pictures. My husband and I are very critical of ourselves in photos, so I was a little nervous about choosing a photographer. We're also quite shy. But the photos Anne (as well as Joe at the wedding) took turned out better than we could have hoped. They made it easy to relax, and helped keep us on schedule on the big day. For the wedding photos, they really captured the full spectrum of the day from getting ready all the way to the final waves goodbye. Can't wait for our album to arrive!

LIKE FAMILY!

Reviewed on 1/24/2015

WHAT A TALENT you have in Christina! From start to finish, she was a delight! My family just adored her---such a pro. We cannot wait to see the images as she seemed to always be right where memories were being made. We want to have another party just so she can capture it. We... Read More honestly felt like she was family---just a VERY talented member of the family who has an artistic eye! Honestly, I cannot stop gushing about her. Where can I "shout it from the rooftops" online? Thank you, thank you, thank you! XO

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2014

I loved working with Anne for our wedding. We had Anne and Howard photography our wedding and they did an AMAZING job! Anne really helped us organize what shots we would like and we got a nice variety of pictures. We were able to get a ton of pictures of us, our bridal party,... Read More family and guests. Our wedding album is absolutely beautiful and Anne was so helpful putting it together. Anne is incredibly easy to work with and does exactly what you want. I would absolutely recommend using Artful Weddings!

Great Photographers!

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Courtney B

I loved working with Anne for our wedding this past May. She helped us to organize what shots we would like, and we got a nice variety of pictures- both detail oriented and of all of our guests. We cannot wait to receive our album so we can relive our day over and over! Anne is... Read More incredibly easy to work with and will help guide you in your planning process. Definitely recommend Artful Weddings!

Wow!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

I knew from the beginning I wanted to hire Artful Weddings and I never looked at another company. I fell in love with their editorial style and instantly knew what was what we wanted. I could not be more thrilled with the result- our photographers Christina and Colin were simply... Read More spectacular. They were professional, present without ever feeling instructive, and lovely to be around. They were just so flexible with whatever situation presented itself- (hello Blue Angels flyover!) and reacted seamlessly with clicks of the lens. The finished product is beyond what I dreamed about and we have these visual memories to last us forever.

After my wife, the best decision I made about my wedding

Reviewed on 7/29/2014

Cannot say enough about Artful Weddings by Sachs Photography. As a Groom, I was pretty passive about most of the wedding planning, with the lone exception being the photographers. As someone who (likes to think he) knows a lot about photography, I was very picky. My wife and I... Read More did extensive research online, and then with our circle of friends and fellow couples, and finally had in person meetings with our top 4 firms. Artful weddings had by far the best samples, but they also took the most time understanding what my wife and I wanted for our photos. They helped us understand different styles and how those would translate into the final product, and then helped us build a package around that. Some of it was following our direction, but importantly, Sachs also used their expertise to guide us. On the day of the wedding, Anne Sachs and her team were impeccable. She corralled a gaggle of guests and attendants into the necessary photographs, but never interfered with the celebration. She gave firm guidance when a pushy mother in law wanted to overstep some of the photos, but also was flexible when the groomsmen made a late decision to take some silly photos. She somehow always knew where a slightly drunk relative had wandered off to, which made the photos quicker and left more time for enjoying the wedding. Also, and I think this can't be overstated, Anne somehow got the ring bearer and the flower girl, both under 3 years old, to cooperate and look great throughout what was a long day for both. During the ceremony and reception, Anne and her team were unobtrusive to the point where my wife actually asked if she was still there. It was so nice to be able to enjoy our reception without being constantly told where to look and when to smile. And too top it all off, the reception pictures were amazing, so she was obviously there, shooting away! Also, Anne and her team were very familiar with the venue (although our venue is a pretty popular one) which meant we didn't waste time scouting locations. Also, the use of natural light really shone in the final images, which is probably a combination of photographer talent and location experience. Anne shoots with an elegant touch. The service was quick as well, we received an email that about 500 "preview" images were available during our honeymoon, and about three weeks after the wedding, the full DVD was ready, with just under 1200 images. It should also be noted that Artful Wedding was extremely flexible in building a package of services that fit our needs. They are definitely in the high end range of wedding photographers, but some of the others we met with had a "my way or the highway" attitude. Not Artful Weddings, whom were willing to work with us on timing, the amount of printed images, and a few other key areas. We never felt like we were wasting money, and we never felt bullied into buying something we didn't want. They are by no means a "budget" service, but they also aren't overpriced. Of all the decisions I made about my wedding, I think the two I did the best on were the woman I picked to marry and the photographers I picked to capture the memories.

5 Stars and 2 Thumbs Up!

Reviewed on 12/24/2013 Emily K

We used Sarah as our photographer and she was great! She did a good job of getting to know us as a couple and the way we wanted our wedding to be recorded. Sarah and her partner were talented and efficient -we didn't want our guests to be waiting forever and we didn't want to... Read More sacrifice our wedding pictures - they were able to give us everything we asked for!

Anne Sachs

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Dalina Z

Where to begin!! From the first moment we met with Anne, we felt extremely comfortable! It clicked, we knew she was the one :), the photographer that was going to shoot our pictures on our very special day! We did our engagement pictures and everyone was speechless as the... Read More results. I mean, my fiance and I are cute ;) lol, but WOW all of Anne's pictures belong in the cover of a magazine! We JUST got our wedding pictures and I forwarded them to our families. The texts have not stopped with: "OMG!!! look at this one! oh and this one"... in other words our pictures are flawless!!! the quality, the angles, the lighting, the emotional parts! We are super pleased with our pictures, the only complaint is we want to print and canvas them all...!! lol and having a home full of wedding pics is just a tad conceited so we have to make some tough decision! Anne is an amazing person and a super talented photographer! She literally laid down in the middle of the street for us to get the right angles! She was sooo easy to work with, and so much fun! her personality was super sweet and easy going, and she's sooo funny! She'll sneak some funny words (our favorite was "nuzzle" ;) that will make you and fiance smile and laugh and BOOM, next thing you know, you look like a movie star in that pic. During the wedding day, Anne brought Natasha (her assistant) who was also SUPER nice and talented. They divided and conquered and we are so glad because there's not a single moment of our wedding that was not recorded forever! Anne made it possible for our to relive our dream wedding forever through the perfect pictures she took! Highly highly highly recommend her!

10/4/13 wedding

Reviewed on 10/26/2013 Kayleigh S

Beyond happy with the photos taken at my wedding. Love the detail in the photos with my jewelry, cake, and other accessories. The pictures with my now husband and I are amazing, too good to be true! Thank you Anne and team!!!