Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

265 Walnut Plain Road, Rochester, MA

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Katie C

We were extremely please with our entire experience with Meredith. The tasting and consultation was smooth and everything was amazing. We had difficulty narrowing down which flavors of cake and frosting because there were so many delicious flavors. On the day of our wedding,... Read More everything looked terrific. When the cake was served, we receiver many compliments of how amazing the cake looked and tasted. We would highly recommend Meredith and the Artisan Bake Shop to anyone looking for a wedding cake.

FABULOUS taste and design!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Pam N

From the moment you meet Meredith you become aware she is equal parts, competent, professional, and creative. Her desserts taste and look impeccable. She is open to all ideas and executes them beautifully. You cannot go wrong here! Before my wedding, I had placed orders... Read More many times with Artisan Bake Shop and I have always been more than satisfied with quality of food, taste, and design. She is extremely good at what she does! You will be blown away!

Amazing Dessert Table & Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 8/24/2013 Caitlyn S

When planning for our wedding, the wedding cake was never high on my list. I figured it would be easy to find a reasonably priced delicious cake. We were wrong, and tried some terrible cakes with horrible customer service. I found Artisan bakery while searching online and... Read More was instantly drawn to the pictures of gorgeous dessert tables and cakes. When we met Meredith for our appointment, I knew almost instantly that Artisan Bakery was going to be the one. Meredith was incredibly sweet, and so knowledgable about her craft. She knew facts about cakes, the averages people eat, things I never even knew mattered. I loved how she set up each type of cake, filling and frosting and let us take our time choosing our combinations. She gave us facts and information on each one. She also had amazing cookies for us to try. Once we had decided on flavor combinations we created a dessert table where she sketched out everything and figured out our price. We had two types of cookies, a wedding cake, donut holes, mini shortcake "shots" and cupcakes for 170 guests. The price was AMAZING and affordable for the quality and amount we were getting. For the first time in my wedding planning, I was incredibly excited for dessert! Anytime I had a question after that meeting, Meredith was quick to respond to my emails, and I never had to worry about a thing. I never saw Meredith or her team on our wedding day, while I was getting ready they set up the dessert table perfectly using a few items I provided, and the rest that she provided as a rental. I was truly speechless when I saw it. It was almost to beautiful to eat, and I made sure to get lots of pictures before our guests even touched it. Our cake was gorgeous, Meredith crafted a beautiful birch heart out of fondant that topped our cake with our initials, and every item was exactly like the original design we created. All of our guests LOVED the dessert table. I'm still getting compliments on the cupcakes, the cake - everything! My husband and I saved some of the cookies and ate them all on the way to our honeymoon! Another part we loved about Artisan Bakery- we never had to save the top of our cake. Meredith left us a card that lets us order an Anniversary cake, made with the exact flavors of our wedding cake, for next year! I highly recommend Artisan Bakery and Meredith. We could not have been more pleased by the entire process of working with her, and I truly think using anyone else would have been a mistake. I will continue to use Artisan bakery anytime I need a cake or dessert for an event! All brides should be as lucky as I was to have such a fantastic vendor like Artisan Bakery. Thank you very, very much!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 David C

Meredith was able to take all of our eclectic requests and wishes, turning them into a cohesive and stunning wedding cake. Throughout our consultation we never felt rushed and truly felt like she was focused just on our wedding and needs. The cake was delivered to the venue on... Read More time and in tact- it was truly the star of the reception! The cake the day of (and the following days) was delicious and enjoyed by everyone. Meredith was very responsive to emails throughout this entire process, which was greatly appreciated. We chose two different flavors for our cake, Lemon Cake with Raspberry filling and Chocolate Cake with Raspberry filling- we could not have been more pleased!!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Keely L

Meredith is one of the best vendors we worked with. We met with several other bakers, and Meredith by far was the most talented, professional and artistic one we met with. I had no concerns whatsoever that she understood what we were looking for and would deliver a cake that was... Read More just as delicious as the tasting. I'm not kidding, at our wedding I almost went around to scoop up any of the uneaten plates!! I was ecstatic when we got to our room after the after party to find our venue had put a couple slices up there for us to have. So good! Meredith also created a groom's cake that we discussed over email. My husband is British and I wanted the fruitcake wedding tradition to be incorporated to the reception somehow. His mom even raved about the cake, which is saying something! Thank you Meredith for everything!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Thomas H

Artisan Bake Shop is amazing! Meredith and her staff were lovely and provided exactly what we wanted in a wedding cake experience. I have never seen a more gorgeous confection in my life and they absolutely nailed it in terms of professionalism and creativity. After an... Read More extremely fun tasting, we decided to go with Artisan Bak Shop. Our wedding cake was gorgeous and exactly what we wanted. I recommend Meredith to anyone I know planning a special event -- especially a wedding. Not only was our naked cake gorgeous and exactly what we envisioned, it was the most delicious cake either of us had ever tasted. When we met Meredith, we knew we had an artist on our hands. She took the time to get to know us, listened to us and what we wanted in a wedding cake, and created a beautiful sketch based on our “naked cake” vision. I highly recommend a drive to beautiful Rochester to meet Meredith and experience her talented and creative bake shop.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Jessica C

Meredith and her staff at Artisan Bake Shop are unbelievable! Our tasting with Meredith was amazing, she laid out a variety of different cupcakes and frostings/toppings so we could make our own combinations, plus a tasting plate of other small bites like cake pops and mini... Read More cookies, as we planned to do a dessert table. We ended up choosing three cupcakes, chocolate cake with coconut mounds topping, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and a lemon cake with raspberry preserves filling and vanilla buttercream. PLUS a small cutting cake (vanilla cake with chocolate and pb filling), which was delicious and beautiful, and accompanying vanilla cake pops, mini cookie sandwiches and to-die-for brownies! On the day of the wedding, her team assembled a gorgeous dessert table, with their provided platters (available for rent). I can't wait to receive our fresh anniversary cake next September! :)

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Danielle B

I cannot recommend Meredith at the Artisan Bakeshop enough. Everyone went crazy over the cupcakes which were so incredibly delicious, not to mention the setup was absolutely perfect. She was extremely friendly, and was able to give us exactly what we were looking for.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Courtney A

Cake tasting was one of my favorite things! Being able to sample a range of items and make the final decision was awesome. I was told how awesome it was to have cupcakes instead of a whole cake and it was a real hit! Everyone enjoyed the cupcakes! The cake was awesome. I'm... Read More excited to order our anniversary cake as well!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Sarah G

Extremely happy with Artisan Bakeshop! We live in Germany and Meredith was very helpful and flexible in helping us work out designs and do our tasting at the end rather than the start of the process. The cakes were absolutely beautiful, moist, tasty and everyone was extremely... Read More impressed. The cakes were delivered very promptly and in perfect condition. Additionally, the barrel cake that was supposedly for 14 people ended up getting eaten by almost all of our 60 guests: it was HUGE! I only wish it had been someone else's wedding so I had more time and attention for cake-eating :) Seriously, go with these guys, they're fantastic.

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Allyson W

Meredith is amazing! All I can say is holy tasting. we went to several wedding cake vendors and when we came to Artisan we were blown away. Meredith is a complete professional and really takes the time to get to know the couple and designs a cake or cakes in our case (as we had... Read More 12 different cakes) that is exactly what you want. The amount of detail that she puts into the tasting just gives you a sense of how much effort she is going to put into your cake. She took our crazy idea of cake centerpieces and helped design 12 different cakes each with different filling, cake, and frosting combination. Meredith was very responsive and easy to contact. Any time we stopped by the shop she was always gracious and always followed up with an email to make sure we were on the same page. It made us feel very well cared for and kept us calm. we knew we would have nothing to worry about with Artisan.

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Matthew T

Artisan Bake Shop made a beautiful and delicious cutting cake for our wedding. The cupcakes and desserts we ordered were a big hit with our guests. We highly recommend Meredith and her staff to anyone who is looking for a cake for a special occasion.

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Ruth A

I already knew my cake was going to have a unique look to it but Meredith went above and beyond my expectations. Six months later and people still talk about how amazing the cake looked and tasted!

Reviewed on 3/02/2016 Jenna D

Meredith is amazing. Her attention to detail was right on point! My cake and cupcakes looked great and also tasted like heaven... Her prices are very reasonable. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a great cake. She also gives you a gift card for your 1 year anniversary... Read More so you don't have to save cake for a year!!

Still dreaming about my desserts

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Kjestine A

My groom and I wanted to only have a 1 tier cake for cutting and then a dessert bar instead of cake for dessert. When my original baker fell through I was at a loss for who I would use. Thank goodness for Google. I loved that Meredith met with us and we were able to... Read More sample some of her delicious creations. She sat with us and drew out design options for our cake. She sent us home with full bellies to sleep on it. The desserts were a huge hit. I would especially recommend her brownie cake pops! Our cake was just what we wanted and Meredith gave us a beautifully displayed dessert bar. Meredith was sensitive to our guests with allergies and made them each a separate cupcake. After the wedding the cake was on the counter and neither one of us could go into the kitchen without eating a piece of it! I am not a big cake eater but the smell of it was so enticing! One of the most delicious cakes I've ever had.

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Daniel T

No question about it - 5 stars. From beginning to end, Meredith and the team at The Artisan Bake Shop were one of the best vendors; they understood the vision, they were accommodating and responsive, they needed no direction and just delivered exactly what was expected. From... Read More the very beginning, the cake tasting experience was incredible. Meredith let us sample everything - and really spent a lot of time to understand exactly what we wanted; down to every detail. I left feeling so very confident with our choice of bake shops (and very full of goodies!). We got an entire dessert table for the wedding; our guests loved it - it was absolutely aesthetically beautiful, and everything was absolutely perfect. We couldn't have asked for better!!! Thank you, Meredith!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Kristin N

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Meredith and team for such an AMAZING wedding cake and experience with Artisan Bake Shop. From the moment we met Meredith at our appointment up until the day of the wedding- she was absolutely wonderful. Toward the end of our appointment I... Read More asked my husband (then fiancé) if he even wanted to go to the next appointment, because we were so impressed with her and the shop. Just to make sure we covered all bases, we did go to the other appointment and I'm glad we did. It made us realize even more just how awesome Meredith and the Artisan Bake shop was. There was absolutely no comparison between our experience at Artisan and at the other shop. To start, the flavors and quality of the product were perfect and well above expectations. Also, Meredith was super kind, patient, and didn't try to sway us one way or another. And finally, she provided a personal one on one experience that made us feel she really cared about what we wanted. Months later I reached out to Meredith regarding gluten free options for a couple of my guests- she quickly responded letting me know that she would be able to provide complimentary cupcakes for these guests. When I walked into the reception room the day of the wedding I was absolutely floored at how beautiful the cake and cupcakes turned out and how perfectly they matched our theme. Meredith was able to perfectly capture our vision in the 1 hour we met over 9 months ago and bring it to life with out ever even having to reach back out. It was so unbelievably easy to work with her! When it came to dessert time people were raving about the flavor and both guests with gluten allergies immediately came over to me thanking me because they could finally have a cupcake again! Thank you so much for making our experience so special and I'll highly recommend Artisan!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Kristin N

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Meredith and team for such an AMAZING wedding cake and experience with Artisan Bake Shop. From the moment we met Meredith at our appointment up until the day of the wedding- she was absolutely wonderful. Toward the end of our... Read More appointment I asked my husband (then fiancé) if he even wanted to go to the next appointment, because we were so impressed with her and the shop. Just to make sure we covered all bases, we did go to the other appointment and I'm glad we did. It made us realize even more just how awesome Meredith and the Artisan Bake shop was. There was absolutely no comparison between our experience at Artisan and at the other shop. To start, the flavors and quality of the product were perfect and well above expectations. Also, Meredith was super kind, patient, and didn't try to sway us one way or another. And finally, she provided a personal one on one experience that made us feel she really cared about what we wanted. Months later I reached out to Meredith regarding gluten free options for a couple of my guests- she quickly responded letting me know that she would be able to provide complimentary cupcakes for these guests. When I walked into the reception room the day of the wedding I was absolutely floored at how beautiful the cake and cupcakes turned out and how perfectly they matched our theme. Meredith was able to perfectly capture our vision in the 1 hour we met over 9 months ago and bring it to life with out ever even having to reach back out. It was so unbelievably easy to work with her! When it came to dessert time people were raving about the flavor and both guests with gluten allergies immediately came over to me thanking me because they could finally have a cupcake again! Thank you so much for making our experience so special and I'll highly recommend Artisan!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Kristin B

I came across reviews for Artisan when I was searching reviews on wedding websites. Meredith's work and reviews far surpassed others I saw. I'm so glad that they did. I could not have been happier with the masterpiece she created for our big day. I had found a photo of a cake I... Read More loved and she replicated it to the T. When we met with her for our tasting, she was extremely open, helpful, and down to earth. I needed direction with certain things and it was clear that she's a true professional. She truly made the entire process seamless. Each and every flavor she has is out of this world. It was extremely difficult to make our flavor decisions, because each one was just as good as the others. On the big day, the cake came within perfect time. I teared up when I saw it because it was truly perfect. I'm still getting comments about how delicious and beautiful our cake was. We truly could not have been more pleased.

fall cake

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 stephanie p

Our cake was delicious! I have never heard people look forward to wedding cake or heard so many compliments on the taste. Our cake was pumpkin and vanilla with cream cheese filling and a butter cream frosting. Meriwether took our vision and created a beautiful cake for a... Read More reasonable price. Highly recommend.

Simple, Elegant, DELICIOUS

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Jessica T

Meredith is amazing at what she does and a pleasure to work with. Artisan was the first and last bakery we went to after numerous personal recommendations. All of her cakes are so beautiful, but it was the taste that sold us. We had assorted desserts provided by our caterer... Read More for our wedding so we didn't actually serve the cake, but we wanted something simple, just a single tier that we could use for the cake cutting (and to eat ourselves after). Meredith made us a beautiful buttercream frosted 7" round cake with sugar pearls "strung" round the top and draped down the sides, finished off with a beautiful black lace ribbon around the bottom of the cake. The cake itself was a lemon cake with raspberry and lemon filling. We've been storing it in the fridge and over a week later it still tastes amazing!

The best!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Janine E

Meredith and her talent are beyond! She is so much fun to work with, and helps bring your vision to life! She did a dessert spread and naked cake for our wedding, and all of our guests were raving about how delicious everything was! Almost every family member of mine uses her... Read More for weddings, birthdays, or any excuse for her ahhh-mazing cupcakes! Cannot recommend Artisan enough! XO

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Adrienne S

I am so happy I decided to use Artisan Bake Shop for my wedding! From the first meeting with Meredith, I felt very comfortable because she was so sweet and extremely professional (not to mention the cakes and desserts we tasted were amazing). I wasn't sure what style of cake I... Read More wanted but Meredith helped guide me and my fiance and the end result was more beautiful and delicious than I could have imagined! We also did a dessert bar for our wedding which all of our guests raved about! Meredith was able to help us pick the best combination of desserts and even matched the colors of them, along with the platters and stands to the color scheme of my wedding. I also ended up asking Meredith to make a groom's cake for my fiance as a surprise at our rehearsal dinner. I can't begin to tell you the compliments we received. Everyone there said it was the most amazing cake they had ever seen! She incorporated my fiance's three favorite things (Disney, Christmas and the Patriots) seamlessly. I didn't even want to eat it, it looked so good! Overall, Artisan Bake Shop exceeded my expectations and I would 100% recommend them!

Start a Conversation!