The Art & Craft of Wedding Cakes and Desserts

{Handcrafted, Absolutely Delicious & Stylish Cakes, Cupcakes, & Dessert Bars} From sketch to reality- inside and outside - your wedding cake should capture the essence of your style! From personal service to artfully crafted decor in any motif, Artisan Bake Shop puts passion into each couples cake!

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

265 Walnut Plain Road, Rochester, MA

Yummy!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Alexia O

We had such a great experience with Artisan Bake Shop. Meredith was a pleasure to work with and listened to our ideas and style. The tasting was so good! We had a really hard time narrowing down our favorites. We finally settled on the chocolate cake. Then, we weren't sure about... Read More the fillings (she must have brought us a dozen to try) and asked if she had any coffee fillings. She brought back espresso, mocha, and another one that were all delicious. We knew one filling had to be the espresso buttercream. And after a few days of thinking, we decided on the raspberry buttercream as the other one. Meredith was great at giving us ideas and recommendations of how to split the flavors. She also sketched the cake design effortlessly, and the real thing was beyond what we could have imagined. The cost was also very reasonable for our needs and fit well within our budget.

FABULOUS taste and design!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Pam N

From the moment you meet Meredith you become aware she is equal parts, competent, professional, and creative. Her desserts taste and look impeccable. She is open to all ideas and executes them beautifully. You cannot go wrong here! Before my wedding, I had placed orders... Read More many times with Artisan Bake Shop and I have always been more than satisfied with quality of food, taste, and design. She is extremely good at what she does! You will be blown away!

Amazing Dessert Table & Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 8/24/2013 Caitlyn S

When planning for our wedding, the wedding cake was never high on my list. I figured it would be easy to find a reasonably priced delicious cake. We were wrong, and tried some terrible cakes with horrible customer service. I found Artisan bakery while searching online and... Read More was instantly drawn to the pictures of gorgeous dessert tables and cakes. When we met Meredith for our appointment, I knew almost instantly that Artisan Bakery was going to be the one. Meredith was incredibly sweet, and so knowledgable about her craft. She knew facts about cakes, the averages people eat, things I never even knew mattered. I loved how she set up each type of cake, filling and frosting and let us take our time choosing our combinations. She gave us facts and information on each one. She also had amazing cookies for us to try. Once we had decided on flavor combinations we created a dessert table where she sketched out everything and figured out our price. We had two types of cookies, a wedding cake, donut holes, mini shortcake "shots" and cupcakes for 170 guests. The price was AMAZING and affordable for the quality and amount we were getting. For the first time in my wedding planning, I was incredibly excited for dessert! Anytime I had a question after that meeting, Meredith was quick to respond to my emails, and I never had to worry about a thing. I never saw Meredith or her team on our wedding day, while I was getting ready they set up the dessert table perfectly using a few items I provided, and the rest that she provided as a rental. I was truly speechless when I saw it. It was almost to beautiful to eat, and I made sure to get lots of pictures before our guests even touched it. Our cake was gorgeous, Meredith crafted a beautiful birch heart out of fondant that topped our cake with our initials, and every item was exactly like the original design we created. All of our guests LOVED the dessert table. I'm still getting compliments on the cupcakes, the cake - everything! My husband and I saved some of the cookies and ate them all on the way to our honeymoon! Another part we loved about Artisan Bakery- we never had to save the top of our cake. Meredith left us a card that lets us order an Anniversary cake, made with the exact flavors of our wedding cake, for next year! I highly recommend Artisan Bakery and Meredith. We could not have been more pleased by the entire process of working with her, and I truly think using anyone else would have been a mistake. I will continue to use Artisan bakery anytime I need a cake or dessert for an event! All brides should be as lucky as I was to have such a fantastic vendor like Artisan Bakery. Thank you very, very much!

Still dreaming about my desserts

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Kjestine A

My groom and I wanted to only have a 1 tier cake for cutting and then a dessert bar instead of cake for dessert. When my original baker fell through I was at a loss for who I would use. Thank goodness for Google. I loved that Meredith met with us and we were able to... Read More sample some of her delicious creations. She sat with us and drew out design options for our cake. She sent us home with full bellies to sleep on it. The desserts were a huge hit. I would especially recommend her brownie cake pops! Our cake was just what we wanted and Meredith gave us a beautifully displayed dessert bar. Meredith was sensitive to our guests with allergies and made them each a separate cupcake. After the wedding the cake was on the counter and neither one of us could go into the kitchen without eating a piece of it! I am not a big cake eater but the smell of it was so enticing! One of the most delicious cakes I've ever had.

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Daniel T

No question about it - 5 stars. From beginning to end, Meredith and the team at The Artisan Bake Shop were one of the best vendors; they understood the vision, they were accommodating and responsive, they needed no direction and just delivered exactly what was expected. From... Read More the very beginning, the cake tasting experience was incredible. Meredith let us sample everything - and really spent a lot of time to understand exactly what we wanted; down to every detail. I left feeling so very confident with our choice of bake shops (and very full of goodies!). We got an entire dessert table for the wedding; our guests loved it - it was absolutely aesthetically beautiful, and everything was absolutely perfect. We couldn't have asked for better!!! Thank you, Meredith!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Kristin N

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Meredith and team for such an AMAZING wedding cake and experience with Artisan Bake Shop. From the moment we met Meredith at our appointment up until the day of the wedding- she was absolutely wonderful. Toward the end of our appointment I... Read More asked my husband (then fiancé) if he even wanted to go to the next appointment, because we were so impressed with her and the shop. Just to make sure we covered all bases, we did go to the other appointment and I'm glad we did. It made us realize even more just how awesome Meredith and the Artisan Bake shop was. There was absolutely no comparison between our experience at Artisan and at the other shop. To start, the flavors and quality of the product were perfect and well above expectations. Also, Meredith was super kind, patient, and didn't try to sway us one way or another. And finally, she provided a personal one on one experience that made us feel she really cared about what we wanted. Months later I reached out to Meredith regarding gluten free options for a couple of my guests- she quickly responded letting me know that she would be able to provide complimentary cupcakes for these guests. When I walked into the reception room the day of the wedding I was absolutely floored at how beautiful the cake and cupcakes turned out and how perfectly they matched our theme. Meredith was able to perfectly capture our vision in the 1 hour we met over 9 months ago and bring it to life with out ever even having to reach back out. It was so unbelievably easy to work with her! When it came to dessert time people were raving about the flavor and both guests with gluten allergies immediately came over to me thanking me because they could finally have a cupcake again! Thank you so much for making our experience so special and I'll highly recommend Artisan!

fall cake

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 stephanie p

Our cake was delicious! I have never heard people look forward to wedding cake or heard so many compliments on the taste. Our cake was pumpkin and vanilla with cream cheese filling and a butter cream frosting. Meriwether took our vision and created a beautiful cake for a... Read More reasonable price. Highly recommend.

The best!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Janine E

Meredith and her talent are beyond! She is so much fun to work with, and helps bring your vision to life! She did a dessert spread and naked cake for our wedding, and all of our guests were raving about how delicious everything was! Almost every family member of mine uses her... Read More for weddings, birthdays, or any excuse for her ahhh-mazing cupcakes! Cannot recommend Artisan enough! XO

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Adrienne S

I am so happy I decided to use Artisan Bake Shop for my wedding! From the first meeting with Meredith, I felt very comfortable because she was so sweet and extremely professional (not to mention the cakes and desserts we tasted were amazing). I wasn't sure what style of cake I... Read More wanted but Meredith helped guide me and my fiance and the end result was more beautiful and delicious than I could have imagined! We also did a dessert bar for our wedding which all of our guests raved about! Meredith was able to help us pick the best combination of desserts and even matched the colors of them, along with the platters and stands to the color scheme of my wedding. I also ended up asking Meredith to make a groom's cake for my fiance as a surprise at our rehearsal dinner. I can't begin to tell you the compliments we received. Everyone there said it was the most amazing cake they had ever seen! She incorporated my fiance's three favorite things (Disney, Christmas and the Patriots) seamlessly. I didn't even want to eat it, it looked so good! Overall, Artisan Bake Shop exceeded my expectations and I would 100% recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Jamie W

We could not have made a better decision when it came to picking a bakery for our wedding cake. From meeting Meredith at our cake tasting, which was set up wonderfully, to showing up at our reception venue and seeing the cake everything was perfect!

Dairy Free Cake Heaven!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Lori F

I loved my moist vanilla cake with raspberry filling. My husband and I had a blast at our cake tasting with mixing an matching cakes and fillings. Her unique design was wonderful too! Meredith is a delightful artist who sketched designs for me and was able to make bride and... Read More groom whales as my cake toppers based on a photo of a cake topper I loved online. She matched the colors of my whale's bouquet to my real bouquet and made glasses for the groom's whale. It was wonderful! Everyone loved the taste and design! We look forward to using our 1 Year Anniversary cake voucher for a small cake of our choosing to celebrate next year. Meredith is wonderful, and I am certain you will love her and her team too!

Best wedding cake ever!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Vanessa M

Our wedding cake was just perfect, lovely elegant and simple! Not only was the cake gorgeous it also tasted delicious and many of my guests made it a point to tell me this! Meredith is a sweetheart and a true pleasure to work with. She is the best in the game! She is quick and... Read More responsive to answer emails and all questions. If you don't choose this bake shop, you are surely loosing out!

Delicious!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Bruna P

Cake was delicious and came out very pretty! Meredith was very easy to work with and very professional! Received several compliments on how good it was!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Sylvia C

We had a very small intimate wedding in Cape Cod. I planned from Texas so I was not able to do any taste testing. I wanted a small cake but I also wanted it to be special. Artisan Bake Shop, is incredibly professional and are very good about communicating. I got more than I... Read More expected. Our cake was so delicious and beautiful. Thank you so much for helping to make our day so special ♥ Jeff & Sylvia Thomas

AMAZING !!

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 valerie c

I can NOT express enough how amazing Meredith is ! She truly listened to everything I had to say and put up with me changing my mind a few times. She never had anything less then a smile on her face. I went to her with a few different drawings and she came up with the most... Read More beautiful and breath taking cake I ever saw ! She was so helpful. I enjoyed working with her and I cannot wait to do more business with her. Not only was the cake absolutely Gorgeous it was delicious. I LOVED it my husband loved it and all of our guest loved it. It was my dream cake and I can't thank her enough !

A-MAZING!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Melissa B

Working with Meredith was so easy, I gave her an idea and she ran with it! al 4, yes 4, of our cakes were amazing! When we couldn't decide on just one we ended up coming up with a trio based on a previous design we saw in her extensive book of work. My husband owns a... Read More landscaping company and I told her I wanted a grooms cake to resemble a landscape design. She really went above and beyond! ALL of our guests loved the taste, to make something look beautiful is one thing, but to have it taste amazing too is was just perfect! I can't thank her enough and I look forward to many sweet treats in the future!!

Amazing cake

Reviewed on 7/29/2014

Meredith did a great job on our cake. When we discussed the design I was excited. On my wedding day when I seen the cake it made me cry because it was better than I could have ever imagined. The taste was even better, I still have people telling me how good the cake was. Thank... Read More you Meredith for all you did.

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Sarah D

Artisan was wonderful to work with and the cake was delicious. Everyone told us how much they enjoyed it, and it was beautiful too :) Definitely would recommend to anyone!

Personal service and delicious cakes!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Elizabeth L

Meredith was great to work with from day 1. She was professional, thoughtful, creative and she is great at what she does. Give her an idea and she will run with it and make it even better than you could have imagined. Not only was my wedding cake beautiful but it tasted... Read More amazing and was affordable. People are still asking me where I got it. She even offers budget friendly options. My husband and I highly recommend her and now use her for all of our cake-worthy occasions.

Kara

Reviewed on 2/03/2014 Kara B

I had nearly come to the conclusion that I would not be eating cake on my wedding day after a long search for a gluten free bakery in the Cape Cod area. Luckily my search finally came up with Artisan bakery and I am so glad it did. Meredith made a gluten free cake for my husband... Read More and I to cut and regular cakes for our guests. She was such a wealth of knowledge at our cake consultation and the cake itself was just absolutely amazing. Definitely my husband's favorite part of wedding planning! Meredith gave us tons of options so that we were able to actually come in UNDER budget on our wedding cakes! On our wedding day the cake was exactly as I had imagined it in my head. It was elegant, beautiful, and most of all delicious!! I would highly recommend Artisan bakery for not only anyone with a gluten allergy- but for anyone who loves baked goods in general!

Amazing cupcakes and beautiful display...

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Mark C

Meredith was extremely friendly and perfectly accommodating, she designed our cupcakes exactly how we asked her to. They looked amazing. The top cake was also beautiful and delicious. Set up and delivery was perfect, also. Can't wait for our free anniversary cake!!!

Cupcake Heaven!

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Adrienne C

My husband and I had a Yankees/Red Sox themed wedding but I didn't want a "Baseball" themed wedding. We did a cupcake tower with a small tier on top. We chose red velvet, carrot, and lemon/raspberry cupcakes. During the tasting, I really had no idea what I specifically wanted... Read More (design wise), but I wanted something to incorporate Yanks/Sox without being baseballs and home plates. Meredith offered to dye half the red velvet blue, so we could have Yankees Blue Velvet and Red Sox Red Velvet cupcakes and fashioned our initials out of fondant using Red Sox and Yankees team fonts. The tower looked awesome and everyone loved the idea of blue velvet and raved about the cupcakes. Meredith worked with me, within my budget, and delivered fabulous cupcakes for our wedding! I would recommend Artisan Bake Shop to anyone looked for delicious, creative baked goods!

Great Dessert Bar!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2013 Jenni C

We used Artisan Bake Shop as our dessert bar at our wedding. They were great and we never worried about a thing! We had two different kinds of dessert shots, three different kinds of cupcakes, cookies and mini cheesecakes. After the tasting we couldn't decide on the cupcake... Read More flavors, they were all so good!! On the day of the wedding the team came in and set up the dessert bar and it looked great! We had talked about the set up beforehand but it looked better then I imagined. Thank you for making the best wedding desserts!!

Amazing job!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Courtney O

After giving artisan bakery a few pictures of what I had in mind, they came up with a few sketches for me to pick from. I was amazed on my wedding when the cake was exactly what I had wanted and envisioned. Communication was great and even though I know it was their busiest... Read More season she made me feel like I was a priority. My husband and I just used our certificate for our FREE one year anniversary cake from! (Their treat for ordering with them)

Absolutely fantastic!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 Samantha M

Meredith truly created the wedding cake and dessert bar of our dreams. We had such a good time at our tasting with Meredith, all of her flavors are amazing and it was so much fun creating the menu. On my wedding day I was blown away with how gorgeous everything was, It looked... Read More like it belonged in a magazine! In addition to looking gorgeous, the cake and desserts tasted Amazing. I couldn't be more happy with Meredith!