The Art & Craft of Wedding Cakes and Desserts

{Handcrafted, Absolutely Delicious & Stylish Cakes, Cupcakes, & Dessert Bars} From sketch to reality- inside and outside - your wedding cake should capture the essence of your style! From personal service to artfully crafted decor in any motif, Artisan Bake Shop puts passion into each couples cake!

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

265 Walnut Plain Road, Rochester, MA (508) 763-4905

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Katie C

We were extremely please with our entire experience with Meredith. The tasting and consultation was smooth and everything was amazing. We had difficulty narrowing down which flavors of cake and frosting because there were so many delicious flavors. On the day of our wedding,... Read More everything looked terrific. When the cake was served, we receiver many compliments of how amazing the cake looked and tasted. We would highly recommend Meredith and the Artisan Bake Shop to anyone looking for a wedding cake.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Erica J

Meredith and her staff were so pleasant to work with. From the cake tasting all the way up until the big day. The cake turned out better than I imagined it to be and my guest raved about how delicious it was. Thank you!

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Jyl D

Meredith and her team are amazing. I have used Artisan for my parents custom wedding anniversary cake, as well as other small cakes for birthdays and celebrations this past year. Truly beautiful designs, and I heard from so many guests, that it was the best tasting cake they... Read More have ever had at an event!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Chelsea S

I loved working with Artisan Bakery, and our cake and cupcakes came out perfectly, looked just how I imagined, and tasted even better! Our guests also loved the cupcakes. Highly recommend to other couples!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Lena G

Our custom dessert bar was one of the things at our wedding that people are still talking about a month later. Meredith and her team were wonderful to work with. From the start, we don't live nearby, and they were flexible about getting us a tasting box to go so that we could... Read More taste everything on our own schedule, despite the fact that we could only get to the bakery on a day that they happened to be out of town. They gave great guidance on how much of everything we needed, how many different things would be too much, and where to buy the candy that we wanted to add to our table. The displays that they provided for our tables were perfect for our decor (classic and a bit rustic as well), and they arrived and set everything up perfectly, complete with signage. And of course, everything was DELICIOUS. They offer such a great variety and so many of our favorite things. We opted to not have a wedding cake but nobody missed it - everyone was thrilled with the whoopie pies, cookies, cupcakes, cake pops, brownies, and single serve strawberry shortcakes and key lime pies! We also had our candy shipped directly to them and they handled everything which made it so easy for us. I will definitely be buying more baked goods from them even though the wedding's over!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Natalie W C O

Absolutely everything was perfect! My husband and I went early in our planning, completely unprepared for our appointment. Meredith handled it no problem, and within our time we had designed our cake, with only minor changes later on, and selected our flavors. Later, when I... Read More called to confirm our order about a month out, Meredith prompted me for information on our dietary-challenged guests, of which we had many! Not to worry, she jumped right in and made selections for each of them that they were able to enjoy. Day of, the cake arrived in beautiful condition, sat on it's table all evening exceeding our hopes for presentation, and when it was finally time to eat, it tasted fantastic! We had four tiers and opted to do 2 different flavors (awesome choice, by the way!) My husband and I are eagerly awaiting our anniversary when we can go back and use our certificate!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Meaghan M

Not only was our cake so beautiful but it was absolutely delicious, we had compliments from just about everyone! (My mother even snuck a second piece). I can't say how much we loved working with Meredith! My husband, maid of honor and I went to Artisan Bake shop in the early... Read More spring for a cake tasting and we had the best time! I had no idea what I was looking for in a cake but Meredith let us take as much time as we needed to taste everything, gave suggestions on combinations for cake and filling, and drew us several sketches. About two weeks before the wedding it dawned on me that I had a guest with a gluten allergy- I was worried it was too late to come up with anything at that point but Meredith emailed me back almost right away and said not to worry - they would provide a gluten free alternative at no extra charge. For a bride doing 100 things two weeks before their wedding - I couldn't have been more grateful and relieved! My husband and I were amazed when last week we pulled out our contract and compared it to the picture of our actual cake. It was spot on! To the texture of the tiers to all of the little details on the actual cake. Meredith and her team are so talented - we can't wait to come back for special occasions in the future. Thank you Artisan Bake Shop! The Brazers

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Alycia S

We knew from our first tasting that Artisan Bake Shop was the right baker for our wedding cake. Everything we tasted was delicious! Meredith took the time to talk to us and figure out exactly what we were looking for and gave us a lot of advice on what would look best. We were... Read More very happy with the sketch she drew up right away. She also helped me pick out the perfect cake topper for our nautical wedding! We were blown away by how beautiful the cake turned out, it was perfect!! More than that, we got SO MANY comments on how delicious the cake was. Everybody loved it (we had two flavors and most people tried both and loved them both!) My husband and I didn't get to eat much of it (I only had the little bit that didn't get smushed on my face during the cake cutting ;) ! ) However, we are having our top tier made fresh on our one year anniversary, and we are super excited to eat more than our share. Thank you again Meredith and the team there, you guys are awesome!!! -Alycia and Mitchell Bisson

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Kimberly B

Meredith is the sweetest person, and made us the most amazing wedding cake and cupcakes. The consultation day was one of my favorite days of planning. She was able to take our ideas, and come up with a beautiful cake and cupcakes (We didn’t even know we wanted cupcakes!) . She... Read More incorporated all the features I liked in a cake, and came up with pages of designs, that we were able to choose from. She made it extremely easy, fun, and truly shows her incredible talents. The cake was the best cake I have ever had, and we were able to choose lots of fun flavors for the cupcakes. I was beyond impressed with her artistic and baking talents, as well as her beautiful personality.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Maegan A

Words can not describe how amazing artisan bake shop is! Meredith is outstanding and her attention to detail is great! When we went for our cake tasting we were taken aback with how professional Meredith was and the different varieties and flavors of cakes and filling we were... Read More able to taste. Meredith designed our cake right on the spot and then when I wanted to add a few changes to it after we booked she was happy to accommodate them and give me a few additional options. Our cake tasted and looked amazing! It was everything we imagined! Our guests are still raving about how delicious it was! I will definitely be ordering more cakes from artisan bake shop in the future!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Ariana S

Wow! Our cake for our wedding was absolutely stunning. Everyone complimented it!!! It was gorgeous and delicious! We had a five tier cake with 3 different flavors of cake and filling. Every single tier was so yummy! I couldn't have dreamed of a better cake! I have already... Read More recommended Artisan to so many people! Do not hesitate to choose them for your wedding cake because they are perfect and so friendly! They also made a custom cookie wedding favor with a picture of the rosecliff mansion (where we got married on it) Something that may have been difficult they made look easy producing 180 cookies!! I can't wait to order another cake from them again for future events! If you need pictures of my cake, favor, or just hear more about my experience you can ask them for my contact!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Melissa F

We loved Meredith from the second we met her. She is so organized and will quickly respond to any questions that you may have. At our cake tasting, I had given her a picture of a cake that I loved and I was so happy to walk into our reception on 6/24/17 and see it that she... Read More nailed it. The cake was delicious and we already cannot wait to get our anniversary cake with the gift certificate she left in our card box. =]

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Julie S

My husband and I used Artisan for our wedding on June 3. The minute we met with Meredith we knew from the start she was the one who we wanted to design our cake and cupcakes. She has you go in for a tasting and while you try her many amazing options she also helps you design... Read More your dream cake. We decided to do a two tier carrot cake with 200 cupcakes, half vanilla and half chocolate. She narrowed down the design we wanted and we immediately fell in love. We had one special request and that was that our puppy Winston who is a Boston Terrier be peeking from behind the cake. Let me tell you when I saw the cupcake display and the cake I lost it. It was absolutely everything my husband and I envisioned and our guests still are talking about how amazing the cupcakes were and how beautifully everything was displayed, most people even had more than one because they were so good! If you are looking for someone who can make your every dream come true for your cake, cupcakes or desserts I would only suggest you use Meredith from Artisan!!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 David C

We contacted Artisan Bake Shop due to a referral from Molly from Main Street Formals. She just raved about their cupcakes and to me, word of mouth is one of the most powerful marketing tool out there. I had to see and taste for myself so I emailed the shop regarding a 3-tier... Read More cake and got a response right away. Meredith was very helpful from the start so we set up a cake tasting session to go with a custom cake rather than a pre-designed signature cake. During the cake tasting, we reviewed a big binder of cakes that she designed to see which ones we liked. I had already looked online and found a design that I loved, so looking through the binder just confirmed that I wanted a different design and texture for every tier. We then tasted different cakes and frostings and were able to take home the leftovers, along with 3 cake sketches. After consulting with my MOH, we were able to choose the design. And I have to say, the cake turned out beautiful! I was a little nervous about it, but the photos look gorgeous and the chocolate and red velvet flavors tasted absolutely delicious! Our guests raved about the cake too and luckily, we opted for the having the anniversary cake rather than saving the top tier. So we will have the same awesome cake next year :) thanks Meredith and Artisan Bake Shop! David & Maureen

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Tamra T

Artisan Bake shop is absolutely amazing!! Their cakes always taste as good as they look! Every cake I have ever ordered from here has been delicious and my favorite cake was my wedding cake...it was beautiful and delicious!

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Leslie H

The best! Meredith and her team were fabulous to work with, great at communicating, and made seriously amazing cakes! The tasting and design meeting was delightful - we never felt rushed, we ate a ton of delicious cakes/fillings, and Meredith was awesome about our... Read More non-traditional design requests. We had seven different kinds of cakes/cupcakes and asked for simple, clean designs with floral and greenery decor. They totally came through with absolutely gorgeous cakes that were so delicious. Dozens of our guests commented on how good the cakes were - and they weren't kidding, as we didn't have a single bite remaining at the end of the wedding. Artisan Bake Shop killed it!!

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Nicki J

Meredith of Artisan Bake shop created our wedding cake last September for our wedding on the Cape and it was nothing short of spectacular! I don’t have an artistic bone in my body, and was so relieved that Meredith could take a few key elements that I had in mind for our cake... Read More and turn it into a masterpiece! My husband has gluten free dietary needs, and we were so thankful that Meredith could not only create a beautiful design but a delicious cake to boot! Our beach- inspired cake displayed starfish, beach chairs, ocean waves and sand on top of carrot cake with cream cheese filling and butter cream frosting. SO YUMMY!! I was so impressed to find that Meredith left us a hand-written card with voucher for a free replica of our wedding cake on our 1 year anniversary. What a special surprise. We currently live in MN and can’t wait to take a trip back to MA to experience it again!! I highly recommend Artisan Bake shop!

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Elise H

Meredith was a pleasure to work with from our initial inquiry all the way up to our wedding day on November 10, 2016. She was patient, attentive and creative when working with us to design our cake and dessert bar. When I walked into the reception and saw how beautiful... Read More everything looked, I wished I could hug her right then and there! Most importantly, the desserts were delicious. Everyone raved about the cider donuts and pumpkin cupcakes. Our lemon cake with raspberry filling was also a huge hit. I can't recommend Artisan Bake Shop highly enough, and can't wait to return for a sweet treat on our first anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 David C

Meredith was able to take all of our eclectic requests and wishes, turning them into a cohesive and stunning wedding cake. Throughout our consultation we never felt rushed and truly felt like she was focused just on our wedding and needs. The cake was delivered to the venue on... Read More time and in tact- it was truly the star of the reception! The cake the day of (and the following days) was delicious and enjoyed by everyone. Meredith was very responsive to emails throughout this entire process, which was greatly appreciated. We chose two different flavors for our cake, Lemon Cake with Raspberry filling and Chocolate Cake with Raspberry filling- we could not have been more pleased!!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Keely L

Meredith is one of the best vendors we worked with. We met with several other bakers, and Meredith by far was the most talented, professional and artistic one we met with. I had no concerns whatsoever that she understood what we were looking for and would deliver a cake that was... Read More just as delicious as the tasting. I'm not kidding, at our wedding I almost went around to scoop up any of the uneaten plates!! I was ecstatic when we got to our room after the after party to find our venue had put a couple slices up there for us to have. So good! Meredith also created a groom's cake that we discussed over email. My husband is British and I wanted the fruitcake wedding tradition to be incorporated to the reception somehow. His mom even raved about the cake, which is saying something! Thank you Meredith for everything!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Thomas H

Artisan Bake Shop is amazing! Meredith and her staff were lovely and provided exactly what we wanted in a wedding cake experience. I have never seen a more gorgeous confection in my life and they absolutely nailed it in terms of professionalism and creativity. After an... Read More extremely fun tasting, we decided to go with Artisan Bak Shop. Our wedding cake was gorgeous and exactly what we wanted. I recommend Meredith to anyone I know planning a special event -- especially a wedding. Not only was our naked cake gorgeous and exactly what we envisioned, it was the most delicious cake either of us had ever tasted. When we met Meredith, we knew we had an artist on our hands. She took the time to get to know us, listened to us and what we wanted in a wedding cake, and created a beautiful sketch based on our “naked cake” vision. I highly recommend a drive to beautiful Rochester to meet Meredith and experience her talented and creative bake shop.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Jessica C

Meredith and her staff at Artisan Bake Shop are unbelievable! Our tasting with Meredith was amazing, she laid out a variety of different cupcakes and frostings/toppings so we could make our own combinations, plus a tasting plate of other small bites like cake pops and mini... Read More cookies, as we planned to do a dessert table. We ended up choosing three cupcakes, chocolate cake with coconut mounds topping, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and a lemon cake with raspberry preserves filling and vanilla buttercream. PLUS a small cutting cake (vanilla cake with chocolate and pb filling), which was delicious and beautiful, and accompanying vanilla cake pops, mini cookie sandwiches and to-die-for brownies! On the day of the wedding, her team assembled a gorgeous dessert table, with their provided platters (available for rent). I can't wait to receive our fresh anniversary cake next September! :)

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Danielle B

I cannot recommend Meredith at the Artisan Bakeshop enough. Everyone went crazy over the cupcakes which were so incredibly delicious, not to mention the setup was absolutely perfect. She was extremely friendly, and was able to give us exactly what we were looking for.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Courtney A

Cake tasting was one of my favorite things! Being able to sample a range of items and make the final decision was awesome. I was told how awesome it was to have cupcakes instead of a whole cake and it was a real hit! Everyone enjoyed the cupcakes! The cake was awesome. I'm... Read More excited to order our anniversary cake as well!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Sarah G

Extremely happy with Artisan Bakeshop! We live in Germany and Meredith was very helpful and flexible in helping us work out designs and do our tasting at the end rather than the start of the process. The cakes were absolutely beautiful, moist, tasty and everyone was extremely... Read More impressed. The cakes were delivered very promptly and in perfect condition. Additionally, the barrel cake that was supposedly for 14 people ended up getting eaten by almost all of our 60 guests: it was HUGE! I only wish it had been someone else's wedding so I had more time and attention for cake-eating :) Seriously, go with these guys, they're fantastic.

Meredith Rousseau

I bake at work...I bake when I come home from a 12 hour work day! I also love any wedding, so let's just say my job is a match made in heaven. I'd love to work with you on your wedding day and create a gorgeous cake, dessert bar or cupcake display that looks great and tastes even better! A balance of design and flavor is so important to me, and my staff. As a professional pastry chef with training at the Culinary Institute of America and Johnson and Wales, and a love for art and color, my varied background helps me to create a wedding cake that fits flawlessly into your day!