The Art & Craft of Wedding Cakes and Desserts

{Handcrafted, Absolutely Delicious & Stylish Cakes, Cupcakes, & Dessert Bars} From sketch to reality- inside and outside - your wedding cake should capture the essence of your style! From personal service to artfully crafted decor in any motif, Artisan Bake Shop puts passion into each couples cake!

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

265 Walnut Plain Road, Rochester, MA

Yummy!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Alexia O

We had such a great experience with Artisan Bake Shop. Meredith was a pleasure to work with and listened to our ideas and style. The tasting was so good! We had a really hard time narrowing down our favorites. We finally settled on the chocolate cake. Then, we weren't sure about... Read More the fillings (she must have brought us a dozen to try) and asked if she had any coffee fillings. She brought back espresso, mocha, and another one that were all delicious. We knew one filling had to be the espresso buttercream. And after a few days of thinking, we decided on the raspberry buttercream as the other one. Meredith was great at giving us ideas and recommendations of how to split the flavors. She also sketched the cake design effortlessly, and the real thing was beyond what we could have imagined. The cost was also very reasonable for our needs and fit well within our budget.

FABULOUS taste and design!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Pam N

From the moment you meet Meredith you become aware she is equal parts, competent, professional, and creative. Her desserts taste and look impeccable. She is open to all ideas and executes them beautifully. You cannot go wrong here! Before my wedding, I had placed orders... Read More many times with Artisan Bake Shop and I have always been more than satisfied with quality of food, taste, and design. She is extremely good at what she does! You will be blown away!

Amazing Dessert Table & Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 8/24/2013 Caitlyn S

When planning for our wedding, the wedding cake was never high on my list. I figured it would be easy to find a reasonably priced delicious cake. We were wrong, and tried some terrible cakes with horrible customer service. I found Artisan bakery while searching online and... Read More was instantly drawn to the pictures of gorgeous dessert tables and cakes. When we met Meredith for our appointment, I knew almost instantly that Artisan Bakery was going to be the one. Meredith was incredibly sweet, and so knowledgable about her craft. She knew facts about cakes, the averages people eat, things I never even knew mattered. I loved how she set up each type of cake, filling and frosting and let us take our time choosing our combinations. She gave us facts and information on each one. She also had amazing cookies for us to try. Once we had decided on flavor combinations we created a dessert table where she sketched out everything and figured out our price. We had two types of cookies, a wedding cake, donut holes, mini shortcake "shots" and cupcakes for 170 guests. The price was AMAZING and affordable for the quality and amount we were getting. For the first time in my wedding planning, I was incredibly excited for dessert! Anytime I had a question after that meeting, Meredith was quick to respond to my emails, and I never had to worry about a thing. I never saw Meredith or her team on our wedding day, while I was getting ready they set up the dessert table perfectly using a few items I provided, and the rest that she provided as a rental. I was truly speechless when I saw it. It was almost to beautiful to eat, and I made sure to get lots of pictures before our guests even touched it. Our cake was gorgeous, Meredith crafted a beautiful birch heart out of fondant that topped our cake with our initials, and every item was exactly like the original design we created. All of our guests LOVED the dessert table. I'm still getting compliments on the cupcakes, the cake - everything! My husband and I saved some of the cookies and ate them all on the way to our honeymoon! Another part we loved about Artisan Bakery- we never had to save the top of our cake. Meredith left us a card that lets us order an Anniversary cake, made with the exact flavors of our wedding cake, for next year! I highly recommend Artisan Bakery and Meredith. We could not have been more pleased by the entire process of working with her, and I truly think using anyone else would have been a mistake. I will continue to use Artisan bakery anytime I need a cake or dessert for an event! All brides should be as lucky as I was to have such a fantastic vendor like Artisan Bakery. Thank you very, very much!

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Ruth A

I already knew my cake was going to have a unique look to it but Meredith went above and beyond my expectations. Six months later and people still talk about how amazing the cake looked and tasted!

Reviewed on 3/02/2016 Jenna D

Meredith is amazing. Her attention to detail was right on point! My cake and cupcakes looked great and also tasted like heaven... Her prices are very reasonable. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a great cake. She also gives you a gift card for your 1 year anniversary... Read More so you don't have to save cake for a year!!

Still dreaming about my desserts

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Kjestine A

My groom and I wanted to only have a 1 tier cake for cutting and then a dessert bar instead of cake for dessert. When my original baker fell through I was at a loss for who I would use. Thank goodness for Google. I loved that Meredith met with us and we were able to... Read More sample some of her delicious creations. She sat with us and drew out design options for our cake. She sent us home with full bellies to sleep on it. The desserts were a huge hit. I would especially recommend her brownie cake pops! Our cake was just what we wanted and Meredith gave us a beautifully displayed dessert bar. Meredith was sensitive to our guests with allergies and made them each a separate cupcake. After the wedding the cake was on the counter and neither one of us could go into the kitchen without eating a piece of it! I am not a big cake eater but the smell of it was so enticing! One of the most delicious cakes I've ever had.

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Daniel T

No question about it - 5 stars. From beginning to end, Meredith and the team at The Artisan Bake Shop were one of the best vendors; they understood the vision, they were accommodating and responsive, they needed no direction and just delivered exactly what was expected. From... Read More the very beginning, the cake tasting experience was incredible. Meredith let us sample everything - and really spent a lot of time to understand exactly what we wanted; down to every detail. I left feeling so very confident with our choice of bake shops (and very full of goodies!). We got an entire dessert table for the wedding; our guests loved it - it was absolutely aesthetically beautiful, and everything was absolutely perfect. We couldn't have asked for better!!! Thank you, Meredith!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Kristin N

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Meredith and team for such an AMAZING wedding cake and experience with Artisan Bake Shop. From the moment we met Meredith at our appointment up until the day of the wedding- she was absolutely wonderful. Toward the end of our appointment I... Read More asked my husband (then fiancé) if he even wanted to go to the next appointment, because we were so impressed with her and the shop. Just to make sure we covered all bases, we did go to the other appointment and I'm glad we did. It made us realize even more just how awesome Meredith and the Artisan Bake shop was. There was absolutely no comparison between our experience at Artisan and at the other shop. To start, the flavors and quality of the product were perfect and well above expectations. Also, Meredith was super kind, patient, and didn't try to sway us one way or another. And finally, she provided a personal one on one experience that made us feel she really cared about what we wanted. Months later I reached out to Meredith regarding gluten free options for a couple of my guests- she quickly responded letting me know that she would be able to provide complimentary cupcakes for these guests. When I walked into the reception room the day of the wedding I was absolutely floored at how beautiful the cake and cupcakes turned out and how perfectly they matched our theme. Meredith was able to perfectly capture our vision in the 1 hour we met over 9 months ago and bring it to life with out ever even having to reach back out. It was so unbelievably easy to work with her! When it came to dessert time people were raving about the flavor and both guests with gluten allergies immediately came over to me thanking me because they could finally have a cupcake again! Thank you so much for making our experience so special and I'll highly recommend Artisan!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Kristin N

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Meredith and team for such an AMAZING wedding cake and experience with Artisan Bake Shop. From the moment we met Meredith at our appointment up until the day of the wedding- she was absolutely wonderful. Toward the end of our... Read More appointment I asked my husband (then fiancé) if he even wanted to go to the next appointment, because we were so impressed with her and the shop. Just to make sure we covered all bases, we did go to the other appointment and I'm glad we did. It made us realize even more just how awesome Meredith and the Artisan Bake shop was. There was absolutely no comparison between our experience at Artisan and at the other shop. To start, the flavors and quality of the product were perfect and well above expectations. Also, Meredith was super kind, patient, and didn't try to sway us one way or another. And finally, she provided a personal one on one experience that made us feel she really cared about what we wanted. Months later I reached out to Meredith regarding gluten free options for a couple of my guests- she quickly responded letting me know that she would be able to provide complimentary cupcakes for these guests. When I walked into the reception room the day of the wedding I was absolutely floored at how beautiful the cake and cupcakes turned out and how perfectly they matched our theme. Meredith was able to perfectly capture our vision in the 1 hour we met over 9 months ago and bring it to life with out ever even having to reach back out. It was so unbelievably easy to work with her! When it came to dessert time people were raving about the flavor and both guests with gluten allergies immediately came over to me thanking me because they could finally have a cupcake again! Thank you so much for making our experience so special and I'll highly recommend Artisan!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Kristin B

I came across reviews for Artisan when I was searching reviews on wedding websites. Meredith's work and reviews far surpassed others I saw. I'm so glad that they did. I could not have been happier with the masterpiece she created for our big day. I had found a photo of a cake I... Read More loved and she replicated it to the T. When we met with her for our tasting, she was extremely open, helpful, and down to earth. I needed direction with certain things and it was clear that she's a true professional. She truly made the entire process seamless. Each and every flavor she has is out of this world. It was extremely difficult to make our flavor decisions, because each one was just as good as the others. On the big day, the cake came within perfect time. I teared up when I saw it because it was truly perfect. I'm still getting comments about how delicious and beautiful our cake was. We truly could not have been more pleased.

fall cake

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 stephanie p

Our cake was delicious! I have never heard people look forward to wedding cake or heard so many compliments on the taste. Our cake was pumpkin and vanilla with cream cheese filling and a butter cream frosting. Meriwether took our vision and created a beautiful cake for a... Read More reasonable price. Highly recommend.

Simple, Elegant, DELICIOUS

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Jessica T

Meredith is amazing at what she does and a pleasure to work with. Artisan was the first and last bakery we went to after numerous personal recommendations. All of her cakes are so beautiful, but it was the taste that sold us. We had assorted desserts provided by our caterer... Read More for our wedding so we didn't actually serve the cake, but we wanted something simple, just a single tier that we could use for the cake cutting (and to eat ourselves after). Meredith made us a beautiful buttercream frosted 7" round cake with sugar pearls "strung" round the top and draped down the sides, finished off with a beautiful black lace ribbon around the bottom of the cake. The cake itself was a lemon cake with raspberry and lemon filling. We've been storing it in the fridge and over a week later it still tastes amazing!

The best!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Janine E

Meredith and her talent are beyond! She is so much fun to work with, and helps bring your vision to life! She did a dessert spread and naked cake for our wedding, and all of our guests were raving about how delicious everything was! Almost every family member of mine uses her... Read More for weddings, birthdays, or any excuse for her ahhh-mazing cupcakes! Cannot recommend Artisan enough! XO

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Adrienne S

I am so happy I decided to use Artisan Bake Shop for my wedding! From the first meeting with Meredith, I felt very comfortable because she was so sweet and extremely professional (not to mention the cakes and desserts we tasted were amazing). I wasn't sure what style of cake I... Read More wanted but Meredith helped guide me and my fiance and the end result was more beautiful and delicious than I could have imagined! We also did a dessert bar for our wedding which all of our guests raved about! Meredith was able to help us pick the best combination of desserts and even matched the colors of them, along with the platters and stands to the color scheme of my wedding. I also ended up asking Meredith to make a groom's cake for my fiance as a surprise at our rehearsal dinner. I can't begin to tell you the compliments we received. Everyone there said it was the most amazing cake they had ever seen! She incorporated my fiance's three favorite things (Disney, Christmas and the Patriots) seamlessly. I didn't even want to eat it, it looked so good! Overall, Artisan Bake Shop exceeded my expectations and I would 100% recommend them!

Delicious and Accommodating Cake Vendor

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Cristina L

I am so lucky to have a soy allergy, otherwise I never would have met Meredith or enjoyed her amazing cakes. The usual vendors that my venue works with could not accommodate my allergy, so the wedding coordinator reached out to Meredith and she was more than willing to find a... Read More cake that my fiance and I loved that was soy-free. She had a number of options for us during our tasting - all of which tasted absolutely amazing like any normal cake (with soy) would! We picked a lemon cake with buttercream frosting and raspberry buttercream filling that I dream about daily. Meredith is very talented and so easy to work with! Cannot recommend Artisan enough.

Delicious and Beautiful Cakes!

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Jamie W

We could not have made a better decision when it came to our wedding cake. Artisan Bake Shop was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. We met Meredith at our cake tasting, which was delicious, and set up wonderfully! Meredith took bits and pieces of pictures of... Read More cakes we liked and created sketches for us to choose from. She then took the sketch we chose and turned it into the perfect wedding cake. Not only did our cake look beautiful but it also tasted delicious! Meredith was so helpful in choosing the perfect combinations of cake and filling options. We absolutely recommend Artisan Bake Shop to every couple planning their wedding!

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Jamie W

We could not have made a better decision when it came to picking a bakery for our wedding cake. From meeting Meredith at our cake tasting, which was set up wonderfully, to showing up at our reception venue and seeing the cake everything was perfect!

Amazing Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Darah W

When I tell you that EVERY guest at my wedding raved about the cake, I am not exaggerating in the least. My cousin's husband had two pieces in one sitting and I've had about four emails from people asking where they can order a smaller version. Meredith is AMAZING to work with…... Read More she's patient and creative and sweet. I kept her for ages talking about all of my options (I was convinced I didn't want to be a traditional cake bride), and then when I actually DID decide on a cake, she was great about supplying me with new quotes and breakdowns without a peep of annoyance (which I would have found difficult to do in her position). I can't recommend Artisan enough… the spice cake with cream cheese frosting knocked 80 people's socks off.

Rustic Dessert Table

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Robin D

Meredith was an absolute joy to work with! We hired her to do our dessert table at Bittersweet Farm and our guest still have not stopped talking about the beautiful display and the delicious desserts! She also baked a two tier wedding cake that was to die for ... So good that... Read More the bride herself had 3 pieces the next day! From the moment we met Meredith at our consultation we knew we wanted to hire her. She made the process so much fun by sketching her ideas for our dessert table right there with us and allowing us to try all of her delicious cakes and variety of desserts! We highly recommend her, especially for dessert tables, and we definitely will be using her for our future events!

Dairy Free Cake Heaven!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Lori F

I loved my moist vanilla cake with raspberry filling. My husband and I had a blast at our cake tasting with mixing an matching cakes and fillings. Her unique design was wonderful too! Meredith is a delightful artist who sketched designs for me and was able to make bride and... Read More groom whales as my cake toppers based on a photo of a cake topper I loved online. She matched the colors of my whale's bouquet to my real bouquet and made glasses for the groom's whale. It was wonderful! Everyone loved the taste and design! We look forward to using our 1 Year Anniversary cake voucher for a small cake of our choosing to celebrate next year. Meredith is wonderful, and I am certain you will love her and her team too!

Best wedding cake ever!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Vanessa M

Our wedding cake was just perfect, lovely elegant and simple! Not only was the cake gorgeous it also tasted delicious and many of my guests made it a point to tell me this! Meredith is a sweetheart and a true pleasure to work with. She is the best in the game! She is quick and... Read More responsive to answer emails and all questions. If you don't choose this bake shop, you are surely loosing out!

Delicious

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Bruna P

The cake was absolutely delicious!! And Meredith was wonderful to work with and super professional. When we did the cake tasting, all of her flavors were so good that it was very difficult to pick them for our wedding. And the cake came out beautiful as well - we were very... Read More pleased all around. Thank you Meredith!! :)

Delicious!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Bruna P

Cake was delicious and came out very pretty! Meredith was very easy to work with and very professional! Received several compliments on how good it was!