Artistic Wedding Films

NEWPORT, BOSTON, NEW YORK & ALL OF NEW ENGLAND.

Cinematic Wedding Films are Our Forte & Specialty

Producing cinematic wedding productions is our specialty! Our passion is to produce a piece that reflects our clients' vision. Capturing in HD and using specialty equipment like Steadicams set our productions apart. We are passionate about our craft & love putting tears and smiles on our customers' faces.

$$$$ – Expensive

Online Proofing, Video, Photo + Video

Bow2010

174 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI NEWPORT, BOSTON, NEW YORK & ALL OF NEW ENGLAND. (401) 369-8438
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 1/12/2016

Words alone cannot fully express how incredibly talented Mike Henriques and his Artistic Wedding Films team is. My husband and I just watched our video for the first time (Mike completed it WAY ahead of schedule, too!) with our families and we were BLOWN away by both the quality... Read More and artistic vision of the film AND his ability to capture the most exciting and happiest day of our lives. Your wedding day flies by all too quickly and Mike is able to preserve your memories forever! It was fantastic to catch up on things we'd missed, to see what our wedding mass was like (since our backs were to the audience!) and to re-live the experience. Mike is a true professional and has an uncanny ability to blend into your wedding day - he never made us feel artificial, uncomfortable or "on display" and he did an amazing job of capturing us as we naturally were. Thank you to Mike and the entire Artistic Wedding Films team! Your time, energy and efforts are appreciated more than you'll ever know! :)

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Danielle M

I knew 4 years before my own wedding, before I even knew my husband, that I was going to hire Mike and his team to film my wedding someday. The first time I watched one of his films I was blown away with the perfection and attention to detail of every aspect throughout the... Read More film. Fast forward a couple of years, I'm engaged and planning our wedding! We booked our venue a year and a half in advance and the next phone call was to book Mike and his team! I knew he had to be our first vendor to book as he books up extremely fast due to his popularity in the Boston area. I eagerly emailed him our date and kept my fingers crossed he would be available! His quick response put my mind at ease as he told me he would be able to shoot our wedding! Oh yes! Lucky lucky us!!! :-) We booked the largest package, the Feature Film! This day only comes once and I wanted the most coverage and detail as possible! As my husband and I always say, Go big or Go Home! We want the best and that's what you will get from Mike and his team! Mike and Dee, his office assistant, were so helpful throughout the entire process of planning and very prompt with responding to emails and phone calls throughout all of the planning. I could feel Mikes energy and excitement over the phone which made the planning process even better as he is a blast to work with! On the day of the wedding, Mike and his crew showed up to start filming. Mike and Pam and team make you feel right at ease with the way they operate. They are so professional and work wonderfully with the other vendors, the entire process is seamless! Mike even would show us little clips on his camera of bits and pieces he had filmed earlier because he knew how excited we were about everything! We had so much fun with the filming, we couldn't wait to see the final edit! Mike delivered our film to us 2 months ahead of schedule! The first time we watched our feature film video, my husband and I cried! We felt like we were watching a Hollywood movie of our love story! The crew captured our emotions and love for each other perfectly throughout the entire day, never missing a beat! Then, a few days later, the Blu-Ray edited version with scene selection of the rest of our special day arrives on our doorstep (Beautifully packaged I must add!) Again, our jaws dropped as we turned it on to the main page and saw a beautiful panoramic picture of us, then went scene by scene and relived everything all over again! Your wedding day is such a blur, that having the video to look back on allows you to see things you may have missed, and also brings back those feelings of each special moment to relive over and over again! My husband and I can't stress to people enough the importance of having your wedding filmed. If you are fortunate enough to book Artistic Wedding Films for your special day, I promise you, you will not be disappointed! They are worth EVERY penny a million times over! Don't hesitate-book the Feature Film! Believe me, you will be happy you did! We can't thank Mike and his team enough for their outstanding professionalism and delivering us the most precious gift of our wedding movie that we watch over and over and over again! We will treasure our movie forever! :-)

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Jamie P

Artistic Wedding Films is nothing short of amazing! Needless to say, wedding planning can be stressful; however these guys found a way to be very professional while making the whole experience enjoyable. At one point during the 'First Look' it was realized that nobody had... Read More picked up the boutonnieres...lo and behold, the Artistic staff left to go pick them up for us, and somehow still made sure the filming was not interrupted! It had been a few months of my wife and I eagerly awaiting to receive our video, but wow, it was worth waiting for their art to be complete. Our wedding night was captured beautifully. Emotions stood strong on the first time watching the clips, and just seemed to build each time thereafter! The wedding was a night filled with love beyond us as the couple; it extended through all branches of our family and friends. These moments will now forever be treasured. The joy in my father, the spirit in my mother, and warm-hearted honest welcoming from my in-laws are each there. Jamie had been planning her 'Father-Daughter' dance since high school. You would think that special moment building throughout these years could not be captured through the lens, but yet, it certainly was. If you want quality in both video and staff, you will want to hire this company. With sincere thanks to our Video team, -Stash(groom) & Jamie (bride)

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Kristina M

WOW! We are so thrilled with our video from Artistic Wedding Films. In the beginning we were unsure of how to budget to use this vendor as they were pricier then others, but after speaking to Mike over the phone, we knew his team would be the best for our day and we do not have... Read More a single regret! Neal and Crystal were the ones to join us on our wedding day, and they were both fun, kind, and great to hang out with the day of. We never felt we had to stage anything which was important, and they did a great job catching natural moments of not only us, but family and friends enjoying the ceremony and reception. It was fun to have them around and we were sad to say goodbye at the end of the night. They not only edited our main wedding film, but as a bonus they made us a link for our wedding dance (a special Salsa/Bachata rouine that we practiced for weeks in advance) and edited that one really nicely as well. I was just expecting a straight shot for the entire thing, but they cut different angles for us and it looks amazing as well! If you are looking for an amazing treasure to have for the rest of your life - look no further. We are so glad that we splurged on this and cut our budget in other parts of our wedding in order to make it work. Thank you so much Neal & Crystal!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Vanessa L

My husband and I decided to do a small destination wedding for our Big Day in Newport, RI (a favorite destination of ours). It was to be a very small and intimate ceremony and luncheon at Castle Hill Inn. My mother in law generously offered to get us a wedding videographer. We... Read More were so moved to think that we'd have a way to relive our special day forever. So obviously, we took her up on her offer! I spent hours researching videographers. I am a designer myself, so I am extremely picky when it comes to quality and details. When I first found AWF's website and got a chance to see some of their past films, there was no denying that this was a talented group. I contacted them and ended up speaking with Mike. Wow, what a nice guy! Personable, professional. You can tell he really knew his stuff and I appreciated all of the info he was able to share with me. It's not ideal to be planning an entire wedding remote since you don't get a chance to meet face-to-face with vendors. But our phone conversation went so well that I felt comfortable moving forward and we decided to hire AWF. In preparation of the big day, he sent us a questionnaire to fill out with all of the important details that were important to the final film (about us, event details, music preferences, etc ). I had a particular song in mind that I envisioned for our video. They happily took my suggestion. And I was anxious to see how our wedding would mesh with my song choice. On the day of the wedding, Mike and one of his crew members met us at our venue. We were getting ready together on-site at one of Castle Hill's beach cottages. It POURED rain that day. But the guys did a lovely job and didn't let the rain hold them back. Nerves were running high that morning, with anticipation of the the day ahead. But Mike did such an amazing job of being engaging, professional, and calming all at once. This was our first ever meeting in person since everything up until this point was via phone or email. I was pleasantly surpassed to find that talking to him was like talking to an old friend. Seriously, can't say enough what a genuinely nice guy! I was nervous that being "on film" during these personal, intimate moments would feel uncomfortable. But they made us feel right at home. And at moments, you even forget they were there filming away. God bless their artistic eye. Some of the angles and shots, just wow. It takes a true artist to do the kind of work they do. Overall they were a treat to work with on our wedding day. We left off that it would be a few months until our film would be ready and I did my best to be patient haha, but it wasn't easy since I was just so darn excited to see the final delivery. I checked in around December (three months after our wedding) and was told that it'd still be a little bit longer. I was a little bummed because my ideal was that I'd have the video in time for the holidays... Literally the day before Christmas, they emailed me with the link to my video! What a happy surprise. We were blown away by the film. Of course I balled my eyes ut all over again. What a special thing to sit down with my husband and relive our day together. It was so beautifully done. And the inclusion of my song choice for the intro was just as perfect as I imagined it could be. We can't say enough great things about Mike and his team. If you should be lucky enough to afford the luxury of having a wedding videographer, look no further than Artistic Wedding Films!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Nicole A

My husband and I can’t say enough great things about Artistic Wedding Films! Over the past year we worked with their Mike Henriques and his team who are all extremely professional and passionate about their work. Mike, along with the Office Manager, Dee, were our initial... Read More contacts and are who we worked with throughout the process, aside from on the actual day of our wedding. They were always responsive, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with! Neal and Myles were our day-of videographers. Neal contacted us about a week prior to the wedding to go over our detailed wedding questionnaire (which we had filled out prior) and to make sure we were on the same page with the wedding timeline and shots we wanted to capture. It was SO helpful to have this conversation and to hear what Neal suggested when it came to these things. When Neal and Myles arrived on the big day, they were prompt, polite and essentially just flies on the walls. They also are very open to specific shots requested from the bride/groom. We received our final edit just this past week and we were truly blown away. This team is clearly talented. It’s been very fun looking back on our special day, especially when its edited so beautifully! We chose to add aerial shots taken by their drone on the wedding day, which we also highly recommend since it’s so unique. I wouldn’t think twice about passing this company on to any of my closest friends.

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Karen B

The best! Hire Artistic Wedding Films - you will be thrilled!! Our wedding video is a masterpiece. My husband and I have been together for more than 10 years and finally decided to get married. We had an absolutely amazing day and one of my top priorities was to have a... Read More beautiful wedding video as a way to enjoy our memories for many years to come. I did a lot of research before selecting Artistic Wedding Films - but as soon as I met Mike, I knew we were in good hands. I cannot believe how lucky I feel to have found Artistic Wedding Films. Mike and his team were born to do this job. Mike's enthusiasm, professionalism, talent, heart-felt approach and deep commitment to not just producing a great wedding video, but to producing a video that illustrates your love story… is magical. I cannot thank him enough for a video that has allowed us to savor our special day and to have an heirloom that I know our family will enjoy for a long time. My deepest gratitude to Mike and Team.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Maria L

Artistic Wedding Films is such an amazing company to work with! They were more than accommodating throughout the planning process and especially when it came to choosing the package that worked best for our wedding day. I would highly recommend them as their professionalism and... Read More utmost attention to detail does not go unnoticed. The team was exceptional to work with throughout the wedding day and was up for anything in order to get some great shots. Selecting Artistic Wedding Films to capture your day will be the best and easiest decision you could make! Mike and Team goes out of their way to beautifully preserve your wedding day memories, allowing you to relive them over and over again. Thank you so much to the entire team!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Vicki M

Mike Henriques and his crew at Artistic Wedding Films are incredible! They filmed my cousin's wedding a couple years prior and she highly recommended them. From the start, they quickly respond to my email and then we set up a phone appointment to learn about what they have to... Read More offer. Mike was super pleasant over the phone and appeared to be genuinely excited to capture our wedding. On the big day, my family and friends kept telling me how awesome the videographer crew was and it looked like they were getting great footage- they were right! We are so happy with our wedding video! It came out even better than expected. They did a great job capturing the special moments and we loved their song choices. Our only complaint was that the assistant videographer was 45 minutes late to film the groom and his family prior to the wedding which was stressful and lost valuable moments not captured on film. However, everything else was so top notch that I cannot recommend them enough.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Stephanie N

Absolutely in love with my wedding video. Mike was so professional and made me feel so comfortable during the whole process. I was extremely nervous and he made jokes to calm me down. He delivered the video prior to the expected date. Couldn't be happier, best quality and great... Read More editing .

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Claire L

Neal and his team were a delight to work with. They were friendly, sweet, available when you needed them, and otherwise not underfoot. They listened to what were hoped to get out of a wedding video and absolutely delivered! They worked well with my other vendors, especially my... Read More photographer. The video they made had me in tears, reliving our wedding day all over again. I would give them more than 5 stars if I could and I would absolutely recommend them to my closest friends. Thank you Neal and AWF!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

We are not ones to write a review (and actually never have), but my wife and I got married a year ago and we still talk about how amazing our wedding video is! We also felt we couldn't miss the opportunity to share in our experience. The wedding video made by Artistic wedding... Read More captured the whole experience, that when we watch it, it is as though we are reliving the day! Other than the solo interviews, it was hard to tell the team were even there. Mike even met with us later to grab still frames from our movie! We would 100% recommend them to anyone looking for a super professional group of people who work wonders with video!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Samantha D

This company was fantastic to work with from start to finish. So nice, helpful, incredible attention to detail, and the final product was breathtaking. Everything felt so personal and special little moments were captured for us to always remember. I cannot recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Erin

Artistic Wedding Films sets the standard for wedding cinematography. They deliver true art. Going with Mike and his team was one of the best decisions that my husband and I made for our wedding. There are moments on your wedding day that can easily be forgotten only days after... Read More the wedding. Mike and his team captures them in a way that lets you relive them and take them with you throughout your lives. Ordinary wedding films show you what happened that day, Artistic Wedding Films remind you of how you felt. It may sound cliche but my husband and I have a renewed love for one another every time we watch it. AWF will bring you back to the moment in a very special way.

Reviewed on 3/15/2016 Alicia S

Truth be told, we weren't originally going to have a wedding video... At the time we thought that those funds would be more useful in other parts of the budget. As a wedding and event planner in my professional life that fact came surprise to everyone I talked to. After... Read More finding out that my grandmothers would not be able to make our destination wedding, the video became a necessity... and thank goodness it did! If I had to do it all again I would have booked Mike and the Artistic Wedding Film team immediately. From the initial consultation, to the in depth interview, they work with you on such a personal level. They really take the time to get to know you, so they are able to roll with the punches on the wedding day. While they captured every aspect of the wedding perfectly, they were never overbearing and never in our face. The film is amazing, I basically cried through the entire thing. Even the music matched us perfectly! If you haven't already booked Artistic... you should now!

Reviewed on 12/31/2015 Joelle R

After researching videography for my wedding it became readily apparent that there was a vast difference in the quality produced by different vendors. Once I watched sample videos of AWFs there was no comparison. I told my fiancé, if we were going to have a video, this was the... Read More one. Given the cost (in wedding vendors this is certainly one of those "you get what you pay" for items) my fiancé was reluctant until we met with Mike and he showed us his work. At that point there was no question and we booked AWF right then and there. To say that they made my wedding day stress-free is an understatement. Mike and his crew worked so fantastically well with how I had planned the day and the ease of communication with my photographer was unbelievable. They made us laugh and they had amazing ideas for shots. Fast forward to the final product, which we could not wait to see. Obviously, this is not a cheap venture, so there was a lot of pressure to be perfect. AWF did not disappoint. The way they captured our day and told our story was nothing short of amazing. The beauty of our film brings everyone to tears! We absolutely love it and can certainly say choosing AWF was the best vendor Decision we made!!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Jaclyn S

Artistic Wedding films did a spectacular job on my wedding video. Everything was just perfect from beginning to end and they captured all the highlights of the day beautifully. They were easy to communicate with before and after the wedding to ensure they knew everything about... Read More the day. I am very gratefully to have such a special video they put together.

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Shawnna T

I wanted the highest quality wedding film possible. I got it. This meant so much to me. They know what they are doing!!! I have worked on films for a living for years and so I had very high expectations and I was not disappointed. I initially picked them because they had the... Read More best personality and the best equipment but they are also extremely talented at editing all of the moments together into enjoyable pieces that everyone will love watching. I was so picky about everything... a pain in the ass and they were sooo patient and professional and made sure everything was perfect.The day goes by so fast. After all the preparation that goes into it, it was just a blur for us until we finally watch our videos. They even captured a lot of cool moments that we missed on the day. It may take a few years to watch as things get hectic but knowing you will have such a beautifully put together collection of the best moments from one of the best days of your life I can assure you you will eventually watch it again and again as I have years later with tears in my eyes every time. Mike and George were there to capture the most intimate moments as well as everyone dancing and having an amazing time without ever really noticing that they were there, unless you needed them as we did. (Mike is the master of pinning corsages).. Mike & team are warm and friendly. I knew even before the wedding after having met with Mike that my husband, family and I would be comfortable sharing our wedding day with them.A wedding is one of the few opportunities that you have everyone you love and both families in the same room. This is an experience you have to record with the best company around. If you can't afford it get a cheaper dress, skip the limo or do your own makeup. This is the most important thing! We are so so happy with our final product. I am really blown away with what an amazing job they did. I highly highly recommend AWV! They are terrific! The BEST!!! Thank you Mike and everyone who helped to make our amazing wedding film!!!!! We could not ask for better results!!!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Jessica M

We were blown away by our video from artistic wedding films. It had all of the right elements from touching, to silly and fun moments throughout the day. They captured our personalities in the film they created, and we had the best time working with them. Mike had us cracking up... Read More while we were getting ready, which kept everyone at easy. I never once felt smothered or overwhelmed by having a photographer and videographer. Mike and Neal felt a part of our day and a part of the celebration, and we had the best time working with them!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015

Mike and his team were awesome, and I would highly recommend them! I did not initially see the value in the investment, but after reviewing the film, it have now been telling of my mother of the bride friends that they need to have this investment!! To call it a video is an... Read More insult. It's an amazing film, a work of art and a wonderful keepsake.

Reviewed on 11/10/2015

Artistic Wedding Films was truly on the mark! Both the highlight and full movie versions totally captured the essence of our day. At first, when my (now) wife stated that she wanted to hire a videographer I was not sold on the idea of needing a wedding video. I could not have... Read More been more wrong! Watching the video has enabled us to relive all the wonderful emotions and joyousness of the day. We spent a year of our lives prepping, planning, and saving for our wedding -- and it turned out perfect! This video enables us to enjoy our day again and again with our family. One of the best parts was that I never once felt that AWF was intrusive. They were able to get all of their video without interfering. In fact, I barely noticed they were present. AWF is professional, quality, and money well spent that I highly recommend! Thanks again for all your hard work.

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Kristen H

Artistic Wedding Films was unbelievable to work with throughout our whole wedding planning process! I first called and spoke with Mike, he was great to talk with and very helpful. Mike explained to me all of my options and how they can customize it to fit our needs. He was very... Read More reassuring that they would capture everything we needed them to, and some, on our wedding day! And they did just that! Neal and Mike shot our wedding day, they arrived on time and captured every little detail. We couldn't have asked for a better experience with the Artistic Wedding Films team. They were kind, professional, well thought out and just hung behind the scenes capturing it all. Our wedding day was the most perfect day; it was a sunny, beautiful, August day on Cape Cod which turned into the perfect sunset on the beach, and a full moon setting on the water by night. All of those moments appear in our video. When we received our video a quick 2 months after our wedding we couldn't have been happier. We got to relive our entire wedding night in just 1 hour. The highlight video that Artistic Wedding Films put together for us has it all. Pam our editor is truly so talented and has every last detail included in our film! I strongly recommend Artistic Wedding films to capture your most perfect day. We would hire them again in a second, their work is unbelievable and they couldn't have been easier to deal with!!! Thank you AWF!! :)

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 venessa H

As a former wedding planner, I have worked countless times with Mike and his team at Artistic Wedding Films and they were the first vendor I would recommend to my couples. Mike has a wonderful personality and an easy way about him that it makes you want to be around him, yet he... Read More operates his business with such authority and he is so knowledgeable about his craft, that you just know you are going to get an amazing product. It really is the best of both worlds. Needless to say that when I got engaged, he was one of the first people I locked in for my own wedding! We don't regret the decision for a single second. Even my fiance who was a little skeptical of spending money on a videographer proclaimed that this was worth every penny as soon as he got to meet Mike in person. We felt like celebrities the entire day- Mike made sure to staff appropriately for our large wedding to ensure that every angle was captured perfectly. Mike himself was an invaluable part of the wedding day- we had a large bridal party and family, so formal photos were challenging and a little frenzied and stressful- Mike realized this and was cracking jokes and making everyone laugh through it all, which we really appreciated when getting the photos back- no strained or fake smiles to be found! Not only was the planning process and day of execution seamless, but the video we recieved was so unbelieveable that it left us speechless and brought me to tears several times (even after the third time watching it!). The moments were captured so beautifully, the angles shot were perfect, the emotions of our family and friends shone through, and the music selections timed perfectly with the scenes. It was utter perfection!! Mike, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all of the time and attention you put into our wedding day, we will remember it for the rest of our lives... We will treasure the memories that you captured and will share them with generations to come! Love, The Azars

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Elizabeth M

Mike & Neil were able to capture AMAZING photos & video of our destination wedding in Puerto Rico. They were so easy to work with and truly down to earth people. The highlight film they put together for us is INCREDIBLE! I watch it everyday! I know everyone usually says this,... Read More but our wedding video is the BEST!!! (no it REALLY is). I would recommend Artist Wedding Films to anyone & everyone! Thanks for unforgettable memories in PR as well as in our photos & video Mike & Neil!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Ashley B

We worked with Mike and Crystal through the planning process. They have an extensive survey ahead of time to assist in capturing your day, they truly want to capture the essence of your day as a story not a quick video. Crystal was amazing during the wedding day, she was amongst... Read More the first vendors to arrive and was so calming and helpful, she was very sweet throughout the day. They were early and professional, it was great to have them. We have only seen our 30 second edit and are dying for the video, so far amazing. We are so excited and again, they were amazing to work with throughout the entire process!