African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

PO Box 929, Mount Pleasant, SC Charleston & all of SC/NC (843) 991-8000

Reviewed on 2/18/2018 Anonymous U

Extremely rude. Do not hire Aj Snow. Very unprofessional.

Reviewed on 12/22/2017 Lucy B

My then-fiancée put me in charge of getting a DJ, something I was not looking forward to. I contacted 9 DJs in the Charleston area for our wedding. AJ, and Ascend Entertainment, was the last person I called on the list. Immediately, I just had a good feeling about Ascend. As... Read More someone who contacted many different companies, I can say that Ascend will always have a competitive price compared to the others but they also have that extra something special about them (if you’ve talked with them on the phone, you may already know). AJ and the team are extremely responsive with every email or text message being responded to within 10-20 minutes (even passed midnight). Although it is not necessary to pick songs, as they already have great playlists, if there are any must-have songs at the wedding, their library is easy to navigate. In the off chance they don’t have a specific song in their library, they can get it! The weeks before the wedding, we spoke with Ascend about the order of our events for our reception and they offered great advice from all of their experience. We specifically had AJ at our wedding. He has a great personality and got the party going in no time. He kept to the schedule and knew exactly how to transition from one part to the next. It truly was a fantastic day and we definitely attribute a lot of it to AJ and the Ascend Team. We would highly recommend Ascend Entertainment, without reservation.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Steven F

AJ and Ascend Entertainment were amazing from the moment we met him to the moment the party ended. AJ is hospitable, flexible, knowledgeable and professional. He will work with you on your timeline, your logistics, your song choices and more. He will put you at ease, and during... Read More the tumultuous planning process, that is priceless. I will strongly recommend that you, or anyone, use AJ and Ascend Entertainment for your event. Seriously, they crushed it.

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Amanda E

AJ did the music for my wedding 2 weeks ago and also for my sister's wedding in May. Both times he did an amazing job! He was upbeat, fun, and easy going. I really appreciated that if he didn't have a song that I wanted, he was open to getting it for me and was able to make all... Read More the song choices that I wanted work for the reception and ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Lacy P

AJ and Ascend Entertainment SAVED our wedding day!! After having our DJ cancel on us 14 days before our wedding, they came to the rescue!! From the first email conversation with AJ, I knew that he was the DJ that we HAD To have for our wedding day! He was so responsive and... Read More willing to do ANYTHING to help! He was pretty much available to me 24/7 to answer any questions I had and to help relieve my stress. I could not have found someone more helpful! Our wedding turned out awesome!! Aj knew exactly what songs to play to keep our guests on the dance floor all night long! Everyone had a blast and he was super fun and professional!! I would totally recommend using Ascend Entertainment for your wedding! :)

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Katie S

AJ is a very, very busy vendor, but he made us feel like we were the only couple. His response time to questions is second to none. When we met AJ we loved his energy and requested him for day of and it ended up working out! We had a dancing crew and they loved the music! We... Read More also ended up doing the photo booth as well and I didn't particularly like the new version of it, but hey it came up with awesome pictures! Also, I honestly do not think you can beat the price!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Gareth C

AJ from Ascend Entertainment was Amazing! From our first contact with AJ he was very prompt in responding and felt very comfortable with our choice. We then met AJ (We were planning from abroad) and was blown away with his enthusiasm and energy. We were also very grateful for... Read More his advice in general. He had worked at our venue multiple times so he knew what worked and gave us so many suggestions to think about! We were delighted with our choice. Then 2 days before our planned wedding day (09/09/17) Hurricane Irma cancelled our wedding. We had 24hours to rearrange this for 08/09/17 (UK date). AJ was there for us and made us feel confident that we would pull this event off. He was amazing and worked with us all the way through the event and we had a great day! I've not met any other DJ's in the Charleston area but I'm confident that if you choose anyone else for your wedding, then you will be accepting 2nd best. When we first read these reviews, we thought they were fake because we doubted that anyone could be that good.....and now we are writing one of these 'fake' reviews! We can't thank you enough AJ. You rock!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Allison E

I just absolutely loved AJ for our wedding on 5/12/2017! He was amazing! He knows how to get the party started and keep it going! Best customer service you will ever come by without a doubt! If you are looking for a DJ Ascend Entertainment is it!! Thank you AJ!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Nicole B

AJ and Brandon from Ascend Entertainment are the dynamic duo. From the moment I met AJ I knew we had to have Ascend Entertainment DJ our wedding reception. Both Brandon and AJ made our wedding process very easy as they were prompt in communication, we're super fun and over all a... Read More great addition to make our wedding a success. Brandon assisted us with our super secret first dance surprise to make sure the music compilation my husband and I put together could actually play and made sure it sounded good before the big day. They provided a cell phone charging station which all of our guests loved and up lighting which helped tie all of our decor together. I can't thank Ascend enough to keeping that dance floor packed and making our night so special!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Ashli G

Ascend Entertainment was the DJ for our wedding and I can't say enough good things about them! We worked with AJ and he did an amazing job staying in contact with us throughout the planning process, which made it much less stressful! He was always more than willing to help us... Read More with any questions and was very fast to respond to emails! I would highly recommend using Ascend!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Amanda S

If you want a stress-free experience, Ascend is your vendor!! From day one, we had prompt responses from AJ. The day of the wedding, AJ had all of our guests on the dance floor from 7pm until the end of the night (I literally mean every guests!!). Everyone had so much fun!!... Read More You cannot go wrong with Ascend!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Michelle P

We loved Ascend! From quick email responses to the awesome DJ we had on our wedding day - perfect mix of professional and fun to make your party amazing :-)

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Rebecca E

AJ was the perfect choice for our wedding. Prior to the Big Day, he was incredibly helpful and informative. Responding rapidly to emails and personally taking the time to answer phone calls. His systems and processes were well honed and easy to use. His website allows you to... Read More personalize your music for every moment throughout the event. Even though his collection of music was vast, he was able to further accommodate our wishes and find songs that we requested that he didn't have prior. Throughout the ceremony AJ ensured that there was never a dull moment, keeping everyone happy, responding to requests, pumping up the crowd and keeping the flow of the evening going. We couldn't have been happier with our choice as DJ. He's a personable guy, with all the latest equipment and lots of experience thrown in. We highly recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Ashlee M

AJ is the absolute best!!! My husband and I are from Ohio, so when we were booking vendors for our destination wedding in Isle of Palms, I relied so much on reading reviews. I read so many reviews for DJ's and Ascend Entertainment had the best reviews. So great in fact, that I... Read More felt completely confident in booking with them before meeting them! This was huge for us because we are 9 hours away and couldn't meet any vendors personally. We are SO glad we booked with AJ and Ascend Entertainment! We met with him one time before the wedding and as soon as we met him we knew we made the perfect choice! He was so easy to talk to, laid back and so knowledgable on what he does! At our wedding, AJ was awesome! He kept us up to date on what was going on, what would happen next and he was awesome at being our MC too! He kept people laughing, entertained and he kept the party going all the way until the end of the night! We had guests coming up to us that entire night and even two weeks after the wedding, telling us how awesome AJ was and that it was the best wedding they had ever been to! I'm not sure what we would have done without AJ, he made our wedding so memorable and so awesome for my husband, myself, and all of our wedding guests! AJ really goes above and beyond for each of his clients and we are so thankful! We are beyond happy we chose Ascend Entertainment!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Alysia C

Ascend Entertainment was awesome! When I first reached out the owner, AJ was in the Caribbean getting married himself and he still managed to email me back almost immediately. He was always so concerned about me and my wedding no matter the event he was working at the time I... Read More contacted him. He was wonderful to work with and helped me put together the perfect list of songs for the wedding. Brandon was the DJ for my wedding. He was so sweet and had the energy to keep my crowd going. He was even flexible enough to switch up the toast order since my Maid of Honor was a bit nervous and needed another drink before she spoke! He made sure not to play the songs on my do not play list even though my friends requested them, and he played every song that was important to my husband and I. It was the best night ever and Ascend had a lot to do with that!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Karysma G

AJ got to DJ my wedding and did a fantastic job!! I was super pleased with his playlist and so were my guests, he knew exactly which parts of the ceremony songs I wanted when I walked down the aisle and it was so perfect. The photo booth was a definite hit and its an awesome way... Read More for my husband and I to see that everyone had a great time at the wedding. He did a great job with the cake cutting music and got everyone involved in that, we had a great time with him and I definitely recommend you use him as your DJ!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Shelby B

Brandon was our dj at our wedding and he was absolutely the best! Ascend entertainment was so helpful and so quick to answer any questions I had. I highly recommend them! I can't wait to use them again in the future ❤️

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Bonnie F

I highly recommend using Ascend Entertainment for your wedding. AJ was fun, upbeat, and kept the party going all night. You can also get a photo booth and props through Ascend with ended up being some of the most fun about the wedding. Ascend Entertainment is also very budget... Read More friendly and they have a lot of options to choose from. We especially enjoyed the fact that you can pick specific music you want played at your wedding using their website. Thanks AJ!!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Brandy B

Aj was amazing!! He was always quick to respond with any planning questions I had and was open to meeting with me whenever needed to go through how my day was going to flow. The night of my wedding everything was perfect from his energy, to the photo booth props and attendant,... Read More and to the music choices. He was awesome !!!! I would recommend Ascend Entertainment to any one planning an event in need of music or a photo booth!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 jennifer b

When my husband and I were looking for a DJ for our destination wedding in Charleston, I met with more Djs than I can count, but there was something about AJ. We got to know AJ over the course of our year planning, and he is someone we are proud to now call a friend. We had... Read More extremely high expectations, and AJ exceeded them. I can not put into words how utterly unforgettable he made our wedding. The dance floor was not empty for one second and everyone literally had to be pushed off the floor at the end of the night. I wish I could get married every year just to relive how amazing he made this day for us. Class Act all the way. Jersey loves you AJ!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Abra M

AJ was awesome! We can't say enough good about him. He met with us and our event planner and was so easy to coordinate with especially with it being a destination wedding for us. He kept everything on time and running smoothly. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone as... Read More good as AJ was and at quite a reasonable price! He threw in some light effects and cell phone charging stations for us too which were super great to have! Would give him 10 stars if we could:)

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Jami H

I wish 10 stars was an option for AJ and the whole Ascend experience. I imagine that I was a pretty "high maintenance" bride hosting an out of town wedding, and AJ literally made my life easy and our wedding AMAZING. Quick and sincere responses all the time, a great online... Read More portal, and his willingness to completely customize every detail to reflect my husband and I were just the tip of the iceberg for this guy. Our dance floor was packed all the night long and he even customized a surprise father/daughter dance. I had the best experience with Ascend and cannot speak highly enough of this DJ. Thank you for everything!!! -J&S

Reviewed on 3/25/2016 Leah J

AJ Snow did not disappoint! He was so responsive to my emails (within an hour, if not within minutes) to any question or request I had. He made it work and really gave us the party we wanted for our guests. We danced the night away and he read the crowd perfectly. I danced so... Read More much that I didn’t even want to take my shoes off and take a break. If you want someone who is attentive and really grasps what you need for your day, make sure to book with AJ at Ascend—he is top notch and I am glad I went with my venue’s recommendation!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Sarah S

AJ was incredible for our wedding. I do not live in Charleston so my only communication with him was via phone and email. He responded to any phone calls or emails so quickly and answered every question I had for him. He made our reception incredible- my guests can not stop... Read More raving about how much fun they had dancing.

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Hillary Z

DJ joe was AMAZING!! He kept the crowd dancing all night!! Also, AJ is so great to work with and does everything he can to make the wedding perfect!! He chose the perfect DJ for our wedding. I would highly recommend them!!