Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

PO Box 929, Mount Pleasant, SC Charleston & all of SC/NC (843) 991-8000

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Allison E

I just absolutely loved AJ for our wedding on 5/12/2017! He was amazing! He knows how to get the party started and keep it going! Best customer service you will ever come by without a doubt! If you are looking for a DJ Ascend Entertainment is it!! Thank you AJ!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Nicole B

AJ and Brandon from Ascend Entertainment are the dynamic duo. From the moment I met AJ I knew we had to have Ascend Entertainment DJ our wedding reception. Both Brandon and AJ made our wedding process very easy as they were prompt in communication, we're super fun and over all a... Read More great addition to make our wedding a success. Brandon assisted us with our super secret first dance surprise to make sure the music compilation my husband and I put together could actually play and made sure it sounded good before the big day. They provided a cell phone charging station which all of our guests loved and up lighting which helped tie all of our decor together. I can't thank Ascend enough to keeping that dance floor packed and making our night so special!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Ashli G

Ascend Entertainment was the DJ for our wedding and I can't say enough good things about them! We worked with AJ and he did an amazing job staying in contact with us throughout the planning process, which made it much less stressful! He was always more than willing to help us... Read More with any questions and was very fast to respond to emails! I would highly recommend using Ascend!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Amanda S

If you want a stress-free experience, Ascend is your vendor!! From day one, we had prompt responses from AJ. The day of the wedding, AJ had all of our guests on the dance floor from 7pm until the end of the night (I literally mean every guests!!). Everyone had so much fun!!... Read More You cannot go wrong with Ascend!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Michelle P

We loved Ascend! From quick email responses to the awesome DJ we had on our wedding day - perfect mix of professional and fun to make your party amazing :-)

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Rebecca E

AJ was the perfect choice for our wedding. Prior to the Big Day, he was incredibly helpful and informative. Responding rapidly to emails and personally taking the time to answer phone calls. His systems and processes were well honed and easy to use. His website allows you to... Read More personalize your music for every moment throughout the event. Even though his collection of music was vast, he was able to further accommodate our wishes and find songs that we requested that he didn't have prior. Throughout the ceremony AJ ensured that there was never a dull moment, keeping everyone happy, responding to requests, pumping up the crowd and keeping the flow of the evening going. We couldn't have been happier with our choice as DJ. He's a personable guy, with all the latest equipment and lots of experience thrown in. We highly recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Ashlee M

AJ is the absolute best!!! My husband and I are from Ohio, so when we were booking vendors for our destination wedding in Isle of Palms, I relied so much on reading reviews. I read so many reviews for DJ's and Ascend Entertainment had the best reviews. So great in fact, that I... Read More felt completely confident in booking with them before meeting them! This was huge for us because we are 9 hours away and couldn't meet any vendors personally. We are SO glad we booked with AJ and Ascend Entertainment! We met with him one time before the wedding and as soon as we met him we knew we made the perfect choice! He was so easy to talk to, laid back and so knowledgable on what he does! At our wedding, AJ was awesome! He kept us up to date on what was going on, what would happen next and he was awesome at being our MC too! He kept people laughing, entertained and he kept the party going all the way until the end of the night! We had guests coming up to us that entire night and even two weeks after the wedding, telling us how awesome AJ was and that it was the best wedding they had ever been to! I'm not sure what we would have done without AJ, he made our wedding so memorable and so awesome for my husband, myself, and all of our wedding guests! AJ really goes above and beyond for each of his clients and we are so thankful! We are beyond happy we chose Ascend Entertainment!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Alysia C

Ascend Entertainment was awesome! When I first reached out the owner, AJ was in the Caribbean getting married himself and he still managed to email me back almost immediately. He was always so concerned about me and my wedding no matter the event he was working at the time I... Read More contacted him. He was wonderful to work with and helped me put together the perfect list of songs for the wedding. Brandon was the DJ for my wedding. He was so sweet and had the energy to keep my crowd going. He was even flexible enough to switch up the toast order since my Maid of Honor was a bit nervous and needed another drink before she spoke! He made sure not to play the songs on my do not play list even though my friends requested them, and he played every song that was important to my husband and I. It was the best night ever and Ascend had a lot to do with that!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Karysma G

AJ got to DJ my wedding and did a fantastic job!! I was super pleased with his playlist and so were my guests, he knew exactly which parts of the ceremony songs I wanted when I walked down the aisle and it was so perfect. The photo booth was a definite hit and its an awesome way... Read More for my husband and I to see that everyone had a great time at the wedding. He did a great job with the cake cutting music and got everyone involved in that, we had a great time with him and I definitely recommend you use him as your DJ!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Shelby B

Brandon was our dj at our wedding and he was absolutely the best! Ascend entertainment was so helpful and so quick to answer any questions I had. I highly recommend them! I can't wait to use them again in the future ❤️

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Bonnie F

I highly recommend using Ascend Entertainment for your wedding. AJ was fun, upbeat, and kept the party going all night. You can also get a photo booth and props through Ascend with ended up being some of the most fun about the wedding. Ascend Entertainment is also very budget... Read More friendly and they have a lot of options to choose from. We especially enjoyed the fact that you can pick specific music you want played at your wedding using their website. Thanks AJ!!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Brandy B

Aj was amazing!! He was always quick to respond with any planning questions I had and was open to meeting with me whenever needed to go through how my day was going to flow. The night of my wedding everything was perfect from his energy, to the photo booth props and attendant,... Read More and to the music choices. He was awesome !!!! I would recommend Ascend Entertainment to any one planning an event in need of music or a photo booth!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 jennifer b

When my husband and I were looking for a DJ for our destination wedding in Charleston, I met with more Djs than I can count, but there was something about AJ. We got to know AJ over the course of our year planning, and he is someone we are proud to now call a friend. We had... Read More extremely high expectations, and AJ exceeded them. I can not put into words how utterly unforgettable he made our wedding. The dance floor was not empty for one second and everyone literally had to be pushed off the floor at the end of the night. I wish I could get married every year just to relive how amazing he made this day for us. Class Act all the way. Jersey loves you AJ!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Abra M

AJ was awesome! We can't say enough good about him. He met with us and our event planner and was so easy to coordinate with especially with it being a destination wedding for us. He kept everything on time and running smoothly. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone as... Read More good as AJ was and at quite a reasonable price! He threw in some light effects and cell phone charging stations for us too which were super great to have! Would give him 10 stars if we could:)

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Jami H

I wish 10 stars was an option for AJ and the whole Ascend experience. I imagine that I was a pretty "high maintenance" bride hosting an out of town wedding, and AJ literally made my life easy and our wedding AMAZING. Quick and sincere responses all the time, a great online... Read More portal, and his willingness to completely customize every detail to reflect my husband and I were just the tip of the iceberg for this guy. Our dance floor was packed all the night long and he even customized a surprise father/daughter dance. I had the best experience with Ascend and cannot speak highly enough of this DJ. Thank you for everything!!! -J&S

Reviewed on 3/25/2016 Leah J

AJ Snow did not disappoint! He was so responsive to my emails (within an hour, if not within minutes) to any question or request I had. He made it work and really gave us the party we wanted for our guests. We danced the night away and he read the crowd perfectly. I danced so... Read More much that I didn’t even want to take my shoes off and take a break. If you want someone who is attentive and really grasps what you need for your day, make sure to book with AJ at Ascend—he is top notch and I am glad I went with my venue’s recommendation!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Sarah S

AJ was incredible for our wedding. I do not live in Charleston so my only communication with him was via phone and email. He responded to any phone calls or emails so quickly and answered every question I had for him. He made our reception incredible- my guests can not stop... Read More raving about how much fun they had dancing.

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Hillary Z

DJ joe was AMAZING!! He kept the crowd dancing all night!! Also, AJ is so great to work with and does everything he can to make the wedding perfect!! He chose the perfect DJ for our wedding. I would highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Regan W

AJ was so friendly and understanding about our budget and what we could do! He provided us with an incredible service and sent one of his best guys out! He kept us dancing and laughing all night! Couldn't be more grateful!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

AJ Snow from Ascend Entertainment was AMAZING! AJ met with us several times before the wedding to discuss the wedding timeline and on the day of he made sure everything ran smoothly. He put so much time and effort into our wedding that he was almost a wedding planner! He... Read More quickly responded to our requests via email and his website is super-helpful in planning what songs are to be played at your wedding. AJ and Ascend Entertainment not only cared about rocking the music and keeping the party going but you could tell he also cared about us as clients. He took an extra moment to go over the music and wedding timeline before the big day started just to make sure we knew exactly what was happening. Once the wedding started everything ran smoothly and our guests are still raving about how much fun they had dancing with us. The little things AJ added to the wedding, like phone charging stations for guests and dance floor giveaways, made a perfect wedding somehow even better. We hired Ascend Entertainment because he was recommended to us by a friend and we will do nothing but recommend him to any and everyone getting married or in need of an awesome DJ. Thank you Ascend Entertainment!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Kaitlin F

AJ from Ascend Entertainment was extremely personable and very easy to work with. We made several last minute changes and AJ made me feel completely confident that it would all be done perfectly, and it was! Amazing wedding and we had no idea what we were doing, Ascend helped... Read More make the ceremony and dances go very smooth and had great suggestions for music when it was time to throw the bouquet and toss the garter belt. Great company!

The best DJ you can find

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Jessica C

AJ from Ascend entertainment is absolutely phenomenal! I heard from so many brides before me that they wish they had gone with a better DJ, so I took their advice and looked for the best in town. It truly was one of our best decisions. The music was a blast and AJ really makes... Read More the reception fun for everyone. He gets everyone engaged, dancing, laughing, and having a blast. He was so responsive and helpful when we were choosing our music and outline for the wedding. He was very accommodating when we made a bunch of late changes too (sorry about that AJ!) Our guests literally raved about how great our DJ was. Thank you SO much for making our wedding perfect amidst a crazy weekend of Charleston flooding!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Danielle R

My husband and I planned a destination wedding outside of Charleston, South Carolina. It was a pleasure to work with AJ. He made the planning process very easy. Loved using his website to pick our ceremony and reception songs. Our reception went off without a hitch. Would... Read More definitely recommend his services to anyone looking for a great DJ!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

Simply put...AJ is the man!!! If you have the opportunity to use him and don't, you're wrong. Having a top-notch DJ and party atmosphere was one of the top priorities for my wife and I. We were very adamant that the DJ be the life of the party and show all of our guests an... Read More awesome time. AJ and his staff were on top of things from the very start. His responsiveness was incredible, his ability to customize playlists and add party favors for the guests made it one of the best nights ever! AJ and his staff had to navigate through travel, thunderstorms and sneaky last minute surprises (my badass wife -- surprised me with Sir Purr from the Panthers and her and AJ totally rocked the entrance!). Most wedding vendors try to fit you in their small area of expertise and say that their services are fully customizable, but AJ actually is. More DJs need to take notes from him. From two people who had very high expectations from this area of our wedding, we were literally blown away at the party atmosphere that he created! PS: the glow sticks were quite the hit and made the pictures look awesome!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015

My wife(still not used to saying that) and I hired Ascend for our wedding on 9/13/15 and we couldn't have been more pleased! They use this software that lets you pick your songs for everything from the processional to the special dances(i.e. Mother-Son, Father-Daughter), so that... Read More we knew that everything would be ready for the big day. The process was really easy(that is important when you have SO many other things going on. AJ was our DJ and he did a phenomenal job. Despite the stellar job our wedding coordinator did, we got off schedule a few times and AJ was there, helping to get us back on track. Everyone said the wedding was amazing and that the music was perfect. I can't thank AJ and Ascend enough for making our special day so memorable and perfect. There is noone else I would even consider recommending for weddings, parties, etc. Ascend is number 1!