Engagement

Wedding

Destination Weddings, Photo, Social Media Sharing

5000 4th Street, Kalamazoo, MI (616) 401-1795

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Tara K

After choosing our venue we knew the most important thing to us was our photos. After looking through so many, we found Ashley's and fell in love with her romantic style. More than that, we loved what she had to say about how important our moments are to her. Everything about... Read More how she described wedding day was perfect and we knew we found our gal. Fast forward and we are ecstatic about our wedding photos and are beyond happy that we hired her and her husband!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Connor S

Ashley and her husband Jonathan are consummate professionals, and they make an excellent team for your wedding day. Ashley made us feel completely at ease, and she tends to opt for the more natural and candid approach for her subjects, rather than constantly posing them, which... Read More was a refreshing change from other photographers. My wife and I had an absolute blast on our wedding day, and knowing that we could count on Ashley to just "be there" and capture those moments without us having to worry about them was a huge stress reliever. Additionally, Ashley and Jonathan are just FUN to be around, and they both fit right in with our wedding guests, which was a huge plus! We were ecstatic when we received our finished photos; Ashley's work is beautiful and timeless, and we feel so fortunate to have such cherished memories captured in such a beautiful way. Thanks again, Ashley! :-)

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Nancy F

Ashley is amazing! From the initial meeting to the end of the wedding night - i could not have asked for a better experience. Ashley takes her time to build a relationship with her clients and she genuinely cares about their lives, not just the wedding. Booking with ashley was... Read More one of the best choices I made - I was literally blown away by all of her work. She is an outstanding artist and i feel so blessed that I was able to work with her!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Amy R

Ashley has an eye for all things beautiful! Every photo of the wedding looks stunning and she perfectly captures the magic of our big day. She is very professional and made me and my husband feel comfortable.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Shauna D

The moment I got engaged I was on a mission to find the perfect wedding photographer to capture mine and my husbands love story! My friend came across Ashley's instagram account, sent it to me and all it took was one glance and I knew I HAD to hire her! Her style of photography... Read More is one I can't even explain, it's so magical and breathtaking. Each and every photo has a way of shining and emphasizing the beauty and love of the couple. She truly did an unbelievable job taking both our engagement and wedding photos and I couldn't be happier! From her personality and professionalism to her art of photography, she is an incredible person and photographer and great to work with! I get so many compliments on our wedding photos, and it's all thanks to her! If you are looking for a wedding photographer, choose her! She won't let you down!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Mucki D

You guys, if you are looking for a great photographer I would highly recommend Ashley. She is so personable and professional. She was able to make us feel at ease both at our engagement photos and on the wedding day! We had a few snafus with the timeline (we accidentally went... Read More rogue) and she was so adaptable and captured the most stunning photos! I also have to mention her commitment to her craft as she was stung in the face by a bee while shooting our photos! She just pushed through and laughed it off. We had family tell us all day how wonderfully funny and kind she was, and we are so excited about our images.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Maryal C

If you're considering Ashley Slater as a potential photographer for your wedding and engagement photos, stop searching and book her now! Seriously! Ashley is not only one of the most talented, kind, caring, lovable vendors we had the pleasure of meeting during our wedding... Read More planning journey, she's also one of the most talented, kind, caring, lovable humans as well. My now husband and I had SO much fun working with her, and found that our favorite part of working with Ashley was that she's pretty much game for anything, and can get the most incredibly beautiful, romantic, flattering and fun photos in even the worst conditions. My husband said it best when he said this about Ashley, "Man, she just gets out there and plain works her butt off" and that's just so spot on. She flew all the way out to Arizona from Michigan to shoot our engagement photo session, and despite it being freezing cold and insanely windy on that day, she got the most gorgeous photos that we'll cherish for the rest of our lives, and it looked like the weather was perfect! And on our wedding day, it literally rained so hard nonstop for the entire day, and Ashley got completely soaking wet in order to get us the most incredible photos of our special day and we honestly could not love those photos more. They're stunning. To say that we're grateful to have found her is an understatement. She is so much fun to be around, as is her husband, she's always so positive, she brings so much experience and passion to her craft and her photos are just plain drop dead gorgeous. She has a way of finding beauty in ways that others can't, and has such an incredible eye. Honestly, our wedding day was more fun because Ashley and her hubby were there - they kind of became part of the family and we couldn't love them or all of our gorgeous photos more.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Jarvie T

Ashley is truly the best photographer in the business. She shot our engagement photos + wedding and we couldn't have loved the photos or working with her any more! She spent quality time understanding our vision and made us feel super comfortable in front of the camera. Ashley... Read More captured the most beautiful photos that really look like "us." Highly, highly recommend her!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Jessica T

Look no further... Ashley Slater is your girl!!! Her talents, hard work, passion, dedication and professionalism are above and beyond. She continues to educate herself and others to become better at what she does, which in turn gives ASP clients a higher quality finished... Read More product. Also important to mention is that you'll have so much fun throughout the entire process because Ashley is so personable! The very first time I met Ashley it felt as if I was meeting a friend for coffee. My husband and I knew instantly that we had found our wedding photographer! I knew that photography was the one area of wedding planning that I didn't want to "DIY" or slack on. Because just like the rest of life, your wedding day will fly by. When I received our wedding album from Ashley I cried, laughed and smiled the entire way through every photo. I will not only get to relive how everything and everyone looked on our wedding day but I will also be reliving the emotion of that very special day every time I look at our photos. My children and grandchildren will get to look at these photos and get a sense of the love that was present on that day. Ashley's photography tells a story, and shows emotion! With wedding planning comes chaotic and stressful times. It was always refreshing to contact Ashley and know that I'd be hearing back from her within a couple days, if not sooner. She was 100% reliable throughout the entire process! I encourage all of you to check out Ashley Slater Photography's website, which is beautifully designed and easy to navigate through! Now that our wedding has come and gone I'm already thinking of other life events that I could potentially have Ashley photograph :) She takes the time to get to know you, the groom, and the two of you as a couple. She is deeply passionate about what she does and she truly cares for her ASP clients. Ashley is exactly who you need to tell the story and capture the emotion of you and the love of your life during one of the most special times you'll ever experience!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Rachel G

My bride and I flew Ashley out to California for our wedding, and we could not have been happier with our decision. Ashley's eye for creative shots along with her ability to direct the process makes her one of the more coveted wedding photographers in the industry!

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Emily G

I cannot recommend Ashley Slater enough! She did our wedding photos and our engagement photos and they both turned out way better than I ever expected. Ashley is so skilled at making clients feel comfortable in front of the camera, even my most awkward friends and family... Read More members look great, comfortable, and natural in her photos. She will make you and your significant other look and feel beautiful.

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

I am beyond excited to write this review for Ashley Slater Photography!! It was so nice working with Ashley thru out our wedding planning! After getting engaged Ashley was the first call I made to start our planning; seeing her work with other couples we know, it was not even a... Read More question who our photographer was going to be!! Our engagement pictures were my husband’s and my first time begin photographed professional together and we were both a little nervous! Ashley was very understanding and helpful, our lake engagement session could not have turned out any more perfect!!! For our wedding Ashley and her team were so awesome! I loved being able to see the moments of the groom and groomsman before the wedding and all the detail shots of our décor that were captured with such a great eye!! I was also excited and a little shocked to receive our photos so quickly after our wedding (I don’t think we were even back from our honeymoon)!! Thank you Ashley Slater Photography, we look forward to working with you in the future!! The Halls

Reviewed on 9/08/2015

Ashley was so fun to work with! She was very accommodating when it came to taking our engagement pictures and getting the perfect lighting, even if that meant rescheduling our session a couple times due to the weather, and we're so glad she did because they turned out... Read More beautifully! My husband and I are also very pleased with our wedding photos! Ashley is so talented and has a great eye. She knew how to take charge the day of the wedding and keep everything running smoothly and on schedule. Overall, we couldn't be happier with our decision to choose Ashley Slater Photography!

Wonderful photographer

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Tracy H

She did such a wonderful job. We visited several different places to get a variety of backgrounds. They turned out great. I'm so happy I have those pictures to look back at now. I am hoping that I can have her take more pictures of us someday and I would recommend her to... Read More anyone. I love the natural feel of the photos. I would highly recommend Ashley for any type of photography.

Great Photographer

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Lori B

Ashley did an awesome job on our engagement and wedding pictures! They were exactly what we wanted and she did an amazing job capturing everything at our wedding. She was a joy to work with and fun to be around which are important qualities in a photographer. I highly recommend... Read More Ashley Slater Photography!

Amazing photographer !

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Janyka T

Ashley slater photography is amazing ! She was extremely professional and we couldn't be happier. She made sure she knew what we wanted for the day and accommodated us perfectly ! She took charge and kept us not track and made sure we had pictures with everyone we needed to .... Read More The pictures all turned out so beautiful ! I am so happy with Ashley and have used her in the past for maternity pictures and will definitely use her service again !

She's the best!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Ashley's creative eye for photography, combined with her love and passion for people makes her a wonderful photographer. She keeps the photo sessions flowing by making her clients feel comfortable and beautiful. Ashley lightens the mood by keeping her clients laughing. I'm... Read More always so excited to see her images and have loved working with her on editorial and styled shoots for publication. Ashley always brings out the best in her clients through her editing and retouching, making the client's (love) story come to life. As a client and friend, I recommend her to anyone and everyone!

THE BEST!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Kristina Z

If you are looking for the perfect photographer for wedding/engagement photos Ashley is it! I am extremely particular about photos and LOVE them so much. It was what I cared about most for our wedding and I am so thankful that I found and selected Ashley to be our wedding... Read More photographer. Ashley was more than a photographer to me on our wedding day, she was a friend. Holding my dress, fixing my hair, attaching my vale - she helped to ensure everything was perfect! So many of my guests at our wedding asked how long I had been friends with her, how we met and commented on how great she was through the ENTIRE day. The way she captures lighting, moments, and memories is amazing. I was so impressed with our photos! Everyone I show them to always compliments them. They are clean, crisp and magical, capturing the most perfect moments and details. 11am - 11pm Ashley was there taking pictures of all the memories that I cannot wait to re-live over and over and over again. :)

Grace and Professionalism

Reviewed on 9/15/2014

As a wedding officiant, I've worked with Ashley on several occasions and have observed that she has a great skill for capturing stunning pictures using natural light. Her happy personality along with her grace and professionalism puts the wedding party at ease as she works to... Read More capture extraordinary photos.

Outstanding

Reviewed on 9/15/2014

We had Ashley Slater Photography as our photographer for our wedding this past weekend. And I can honestly say, from meeting other photographers and seeing their work, that Ashely was by far the best one. Her hard work and determination to capture the moment in the... Read More pictures really stands out in. The pictures are stunning and really take your breath away. She was an absolute blast to be with, and really fun to be around. Defiantly made me laugh a time or two :) . I highly recommend Ashley Slater Photography.

Wonderful!!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Geana S

My fiancé and I feel so lucky and are so excited to be using Ashley Slater Photography for our wedding in June 2015!!!! Her work is awesome, and she's a sweetheart. She made me feel like we've known each other for years when I met with her for our first meeting. Our engagement... Read More pictures are a few weeks away and I cannot wait to see her work her magic. I would HIGHLY recommend Ashley to anyone!!!

Top Notch

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Stacy S

Ashley provides a wonderful service and her photos are gorgeous. I am always amazed by her work! She is very passionate and hard working! I have used her for animal, kids, wedding and family photos. I highly recommend her!! Her talent far exceeds any words I can express!

Professional and Elegant

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 jonathan s

She is extremely passionate about her work and truly loves and appreciates the opportunity to be a part of the the biggest celebration of the Bride and Groom's lives!

Wonderful to Work With

Reviewed on 9/14/2014

I have worked with Ashley several times and she delivered the same quality, professionalism and out-of-this world talent each and every time. I will definitely work with her again in the future!

Wonderful.

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Keshia M

Words do not do justice for how happy we were with our engagement and wedding pictures. I looked at maybe two of her previous wedding pictures and knew she would be perfect. She was also recommended to me by another photographer. Ashley not only was super punctual and... Read More professional, she was also fun, easy going and honest. She has a passion for photography which is evident in every single picture she snaps. Our wedding was absolutely everything we wanted and she sealed the deal. I would highly recommend her for any type of event!