ATX DJ - Live Mixing, Unmatched customer service.

ATX DJ is Austin's boutique Wedding DJ company. What does this mean for you? It means that the owner of the company specializes in weddings and will be there for you until after your special day is over. The attention to detail combined with our customer first approach, is unmatched. Our system of DJing weddings ensures that your event is a complete success.

Classical, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning

411 Brazos St#101, Austin, TX Austin, Central Texas, San Antonio, Houston, Destination (512) 689-1005
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Brooke M

DJ Sean Alan is THE BEST! For a couple who loves music so much, but aren't big dancers, DJ Sean was a life saver. He had so many creative ideas and suggestions for keeping our guests entertained while still keeping our vision for our wedding ceremony and reception at the... Read More forefront. Sean is very experienced, knowledgeable and professional, and he's just an all-around cool guy! He's very responsive and will be involved in the planning as little or as much as you need him. He even helped us create the timeline of events for our wedding reception, which was such a huge help, considering we did not hire a wedding coordinator. Sean was absolutely on point and checked-in with us several times throughout the reception to let us know what would be happening next. He is an absolute pleasure to work with and made us feel 100% confident that he had everything under control, which is one less thing we had to worry about! I would recommend him a million times over. Again, DJ Sean is THE BEST!

Best wedding DJ ever!

Reviewed on 10/23/2011 Katie S

I cannot say enough good things about my experience working with Sean. He was one of the most professional vendors we worked with and was always available to answer any questions we had. I really liked that we got to meet with him a few times before the actual wedding to talk... Read More about what we wanted out of our ceremony/reception. He was able to down load any songs we wanted and was great at recommending songs for various activities (cake cutting, anniversary dance). I really feel like he understood what my husband and I wanted out of the night and made that come true. I wanted a fun dance party and you better believe he had everyone up dancing, including my 85 year old grandfather. It was awesome! With all the stress that comes with planning a wedding, it was so nice to work with someone as professional and accommodating as Sean. He was punctual and took care of all the set up/take down involved with the event. The ceremony music went seamlessly and he played all the songs we wanted at the reception. It was very clear that Sean had a lot of experience DJ-ing weddings as he thought of things my husband and I hadn’t even considered (if we wanted our guests to be able to request songs, ways to keep people happy and on the dance floor, how to end the evening). He even let me get behind the turn tables and transition songs, one of my favorite memories from the reception. I would recommend ATX DJ without reservation. Sean was awesome.

ATX DJ - best decision ever!

Reviewed on 2/13/2011 Mindy S

Sean was great, from the day we first contacted him all the way through the wedding day. He was very responsive to our initial emails, and very professional in scheduling the initial discussion, which we had over the telephone, and throughout the time we worked with him. His... Read More online database of songs worked great, and allowed us to get online and browse through songs, select songs we definitely wanted to hear as well as those we definitely did NOT want to hear. The online system is so great because we could pop in there whenever we had time and work on it, so during those last weeks before the wedding when we were really busy, that flexibility was great. Also, there's no pressure to pick through every song. When we had our sit down coordination meeting with him to go over "day of" timeline, he had spent the day before going over our selections, and had developed a very accurate understanding of the type of music we were wanting to hear...so even if you only pick out a few songs you love and hate, he's good at using that information to build a full playlist. He talks a lot about taking your wedding very seriously, and he lives up to that. He sat with us and went over the "day of" timeline, listing out every song we'd like to hear from pre-ceremony, during the ceremony, and all the various high points (cake cutting, toasts, first dances, etc). He reminded us of times we needed to pick specific songs that we'd failed to think about - its obvious he's done a lot of weddings and knows what he's doing. He's got great tools and a great system for developing a customized wedding playlist to fit your preferences, and when there were songs that we wanted that happened to not be in his database, he almost instantly searched them, found them, and downloaded/added them to his list. During the wedding, he was great too. He never missed a beat, was right on time with all the various songs we'd chosen, and worked perfectly with our friend who was helping us with "day of" coordination, all without much, or any, input from us. I was extremely impressed with how great he was during the reception. I got a little worried when a lot of our guests were sitting and hadn't gotten "happy" enough to start dancing like I'd hoped they would. Sean was really great setting me at ease, and doing everything I wanted to do and that he knew to do to get everyone loosened up and dancing. In the end, everyone was dancing and it was a great party. And of course, Sean handled all the setup and packing up of his equipment, without us having to worry about it at all. Sean also provided a mic for our officiant, which was cool since it was outdoors. I couldn't have asked for a better experience with a DJ.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Avery M

DJ Sean is absolutely amazing. He was a joy to work with, and one of the highlights of the whole wedding and wedding planning process. He met with us beforehand to discuss what music we wanted, and what music style we were interested in. We provided a handful of songs and... Read More playlists that we liked, and he played EXACTLY the right type of music at the wedding. He knows what to play to keep everyone dancing, and he knows how to set the mood using the music. It was everything I could have ever hoped for and more, I LOVED working with him! He even helped move the wedding along smoothly, giving cues about when certain activities were supposed to take place, and even finding my toss bouquet when I didn't know where it was! If you are looking for a great DJ, look no further. DJ Sean will be the perfect DJ for your wedding, and a highlight of your night!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Marci C

Sean was by far my favorite vendor to work with! He put all my worries at ease, listened to our opinions were, and was very kind and courteous throughout! He's extremely professional, and during the initial meet and greet his mixing skills blew me away! On the day of the... Read More wedding, he nailed it! Our guests were having a wonderful time! He was also extremely prompt with his setup which I appreciated immensely. His DJ booth is also unlike many other DJs, so aesthetically pleasing! I was able to make my own screen design that carried through the theme of the wedding! I just LOVED working with Sean, and would hire him over and over again!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Carly K

Seriously hands down the best DJ!!! Sean was so sweet and worked with us and played exactly what we wanted. He is great at reading a crowd and playing what everyone wants to hear/dance to. We had a huge crowd on the dance floor the whole night at our wedding. I highly... Read More recommend him if you want an amazing DJ for your wedding or special event!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Victoria M

DJ Sean is the best! Hands down the best wedding dj we have ever experienced. My husband and I loved meeting with him to go over our playlist. He was so easy going and really was on the same wave length as us. He made the whole experience stress free and gave us great advice on... Read More the timeline of our day. He really knows how to read a crowd and drew guests to the dance floor all night. He was able to play music from all genres seamlessly, e.g., Sinatra to Empire of the Sun to a little Biggie to Neil Young and back to M83. Seamlessly. He is not a hype man and was able to orchestrate the evening subtly which we really appreciated. Overall A+ service! Sean, you made our night a dance party to remember and we thank you so much!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Rebecca Y

We seriously couldn't have picked a better DJ than Sean. I was really nervous that the dance floor would be empty at our wedding ( I love to dance ) but I couldn't have been more wrong. He seriously read the room better than any other DJ at any other wedding I've been to!... Read More Everyone was dancing!! It's was seriously packed! He also made sure to meet with us a couple times before the wedding to get a feel for our taste in music! A DJ can seriously ruin a reception, so if you want to avoid that pick Sean!! Also his set up is really nice, we were able to put our wedding logo on his screen in front of his booth so that was perfect!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Amber M

Sean was the DJ for our wedding in July, and we were so happy with his work! He worked with us to choose the perfect songs for us and was happy, friendly, and helpful in the months leading up to our wedding and during the wedding reception. He was an important part of making our... Read More day perfect!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Brett D

Hiring Sean for your wedding/event will be one of the best decisions you make. He is professional, talented, and completely equipped to make sure the music YOU want, gets played. If you're hoping to have a wedding that your friends and family compliment over and over again, book... Read More Sean as soon as possible.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Dianna H

I can't say enough about Sean. If I could give 10 stars, I would. He is awesome. Very professional, thorough and so easy to work with. He did an amazing job at my daughter's wedding and kept the party going. In addition, he was totally on top of the weather and helped ensure... Read More a timely ceremony before the rainstorms hit. He was the one staying in touch with officiant and venue on weather forecast. If you want a great DJ, Sean is your guy.

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Katie W

We are convinced that Sean Alan is the best wedding DJ in Austin. We were so impressed not only with his skill on the turntables, but also his demeanor. He is so genuine and puts to rest any fears we had about the "cheesy DJ". We received so many compliments from our guests... Read More at how fantastic the music was at our wedding. While we like to take some credit for this, we know that we would not have had such a great dance party with such great music if we hadn't had a DJ like Sean--who listened carefully to us and helped us figure out what we wanted and what would work. His services are truly personalized to each couple. Our wedding would not have been the same without him. Don't think twice--this is your wedding DJ.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Shannon B

DJ Sean was amazing!!! He played everything I requested and everyone was dancing the whole time!! Everyone kept telling me how fun the music was and had a blast!!!! He made it a perfect evening for everyone!!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Susan H

SIMPLY THE BEST!! Sean was our DJ for our wedding this past January and we honestly cannot say enough great things about him! He took the time to sit down with us and talk about everything that we did and did not want and he did the rest. We both really appreciated that he... Read More honestly cared about making it just as perfect as we did! Out friends are STILL talking about how awesome DJ Sean was and some have even hired him for upcoming events. It was such a great overall experience that we still keep in touch. Thank you again Sean!! You are the best!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 James L

Sean is fantastic. From our first phone call to our wedding day, he was an absolute gem. He kept everyone dancing the whole time. We got tons of compliments on the music after. And we had a blast. Sean was really collaborative and fun to work with in the months leading up to our... Read More wedding, too. We were wary, probably to a pretentious degree, of having a cheesy wedding DJ experience, but Sean put those fears to rest. He was down to try any ideas we had, including for the ceremony, pre-ceremony and dinner music. He also pulled us back to reality and made sure we had plenty of crowd-pleaser, party-starter songs. He knows his stuff, and knew when to play, say, a band's second most popular song, instead of their sixth. And he figured out the perfect times to drop in some of our more iffy suggestions -- and they totally worked! (It's rare to find a DJ who can keep all your aunts and uncles dancing through Big Freedia's "Azz Everywhere.") Chalk that up to Sean's mixing skills. What really impressed us was how Sean took the time to get to know us as people. By our last meeting, he could run through a list of songs and artists we hadn't even discussed and tell us with stunning accuracy which songs we'd like to play and which we wouldn't. We sent him a bunch of specific ideas, but he could've made a entire list from scratch and nailed it. Sean also made it easy -- he was very flexible about scheduling times to talk, and made us feel reassured with plenty of backup plans. And, he's a great emcee. He kept announcements short and sweet, and my brother, who loves nothing more than ripping on people, said specifically that Sean did NOT have "cheesy DJ voice." What else can you ask for? Oh, and Sean's a really really nice guy. Hire this man.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Priscilla B

DJ Sean is awesome! We still have guests talking about how much fun they had dancing the night away during our reception.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Will O

We could not be more pleased with Sean's services! He provided us with both quality DJ services and the photo booth service, which was an absolute smash at the reception. Seriously, the photo booth is an amazing idea, and every reception should have one! Sean was incredibly... Read More responsive to our needs and interests. He took amazing care of us by consulting to understand precisely what we were looking for during the reception, offering suggestions where we weren't really sure. He responds to e-mails quickly, and takes care of any troubles that you have. He made our reception amazing! By the end of the night, we had turned the ballroom into a full-on dance club, and everybody was loving it. Sean helped us make our reception the social event of the summer. I cannot recommend him enough; he will take excellent care of you and knows exactly how to make for a killer party!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Brenna W

One of the best decisions I made planning my wedding was hiring Sean as our DJ! He was quick to respond to emails and even met with us in person to get a feel for how we wanted our wedding to go. The dance floor was packed the entire night which is exactly what we wanted!... Read More Everyone had a blast! I would highly recommend ATX DJ!

Reviewed on 3/20/2016 Megan R

DJ Sean Alan is AWESOME! He is such a pleasure to work with and is truly one of the most understanding, flexible and easygoing people I’ve ever met. He is incredibly knowledgeable and willing to help as little or much as you need him. Personally, as a bride who did not have a... Read More wedding planner, I found him to be a lifesaver. During the planning process he made suggestions for things that we had not even considered and was always open and honest. He has an easy-to-use website that allows you to build your own custom song list (so much fun!) and made sure we had everything in place in order to make the night run smoothly. And the party – so fun! DJ Sean Alan killed it! Our guests seriously had a blast. Everyone from our 80+ year-old grandmas to the kids were out on the dance floor living it up. I really believe DJ Sean Alan has a passion for what he does and it shows in his work. He is there to make this one of the best nights of your life and he is dedicated to making it happen. We highly recommend ATX DJ – he’s the best!

Reviewed on 3/03/2016 Jillian K

Phenomenal DJ! Sean was one of the few vendors we used that truly seem to care about us and making our wedding an exceptional day. He took the time out to explain things, give us ideas and was very flexible in his schedule. I'm an event planner in my career and have worked... Read More with tons of DJ's for a variety of different events and Sean blew them all out of the water! Without a second's hesitation I fully endorse and recommend Sean for your wedding.

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Kate F

From the very beginning, it was obvious how much Sean loves his work. He spent more than an hour with us during our initial meeting explaining his philosophy and listening to our ideas. He was incredibly communicative and easy to reach via email. He was also great about offering... Read More suggestions and explaining them based on his experience. Additionally, we found that his price was a great value when compared to other DJs in Austin that provide similar services. To top off his great service, Sean's first child was born on the way to our wedding and amazingly, he still came because his backup was no longer available. That's dedication right there! Sean is a great guy, and we would recommend him wholeheartedly!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Jenny H

DJ Sean Alan was one of the kindest vendors we worked with for our wedding. From the moment I met him with my bridesmaid, he was open to hearing about what type of music/atmosphere we wanted for the wedding. During our initial meeting, he even showed us his skills in mixing and... Read More dj-ing. Something other DJs we met with didn't. He has tons of experience in playing at weddings; he has done HUNDREDS of weddings. Once you book with him, you will have access to his website where you can pick and choose the music you want/don't want for your wedding. He is the type of DJ that will let you customize your wedding playlist, and won't be rude about it. He is completely open to anything and everything. My family is Vietnamese and had wanted him to play some Vietnamese music during cocktail hour and dinner. I made him a list of songs my parents wanted to hear and Sean accommodated us! He had found the perfect number of Vietnamese songs to play and my family loved it. They felt like our DJ acknowledged our culture and cared about his clients. Sean is a great DJ and a great guy. He is such an awesome person to work with. Choose him as your DJ, you won't regret it!

Incredible DJ

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

DJ Sean Alan put me at ease from the very first meeting. His response times to calls and emails are incredible, as is his knowledge of music. Where other DJs I talked to seemed too laid-back, DJ Sean Alan had a mix of fun professionalism. He pays very close attention to detail... Read More to ensure your day is perfect! I had an early brunch wedding and he still had everyone out on the dance floor! I highly recommend him.

Best Wedding DJ!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 LeAnn C

Where to even begin with Sean. He is absolutely amazing and is hands down the best DJ to get for your wedding. No ifs, ands or buts about it. In our meetings and communication prior to mine and my husband's wedding, he was always finding ways to ensure everything was perfect. We... Read More went over a timeline with him, he gave tips about the flow of the event and even gave his input on the floor layout. We took his advice for everything and it definitely made our reception 10x better! He went above and beyond to make sure not only the music at the reception was perfect but that our entire reception was perfect. My husband and I are pretty particular about music and love a huge range of it but that was no problem to Sean. He knew exactly what to play, when to play it and for how long. He is not a DJ that hits play and just stands at his table. He is constantly mixing music, added last minute requests by me and gets a good feel of the atmosphere to determine how/if he needs to mix things up a bit as far as genre of music. Sean is professional, fun and truly cares about making your day special.

Sean is the absolute best!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Carolanna T

I can not express how happy I am that we chose Sean for our wedding DJ. Everyone told me (including my coordinator) that a DJ can make or break your wedding, and Sean MADE our wedding!! He is so professional, passionate, and he genuinely cares about your wedding! Sean sat down... Read More with us multiple times to make sure he knew exactly what we wanted! Not to mention he knew exactly what to play to keep everyone on the dance floor! My guest raved about Sean and how their feet hurt because they couldn't stop dancing!! I do want to add that your wedding goes by so quickly, but I remember so much music from our night! When you hear a song you remember from your wedding night it will instantly put a smile on your face! So, THANK YOU Sean for making my wedding so memorable!!

DJ Sean Alan

DJ Sean Alan made a career as a wedding DJ from his love for sound. This happened because he followed his passion for music from a young age. With over 1000 weddings to his credit, it's safe to say that following his love of music was the best decision ever!