Flower Girl Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Custom Designs, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

907 Caroline St, Fredericksburg, VA (540) 899-7771

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Stephanie D

They were great!! Very attentive and keep your budget in mind when helping you pick out a dress. Super friendly and they really make it about you!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Chaniece C

I absolutely love this place, and I loved working with Patty in helping me find my dream wedding dress. She was patient with me at all times and was available to me when I had any questions. All of the employees here are very friendly and have great customer service skills.... Read More Patty even remembered my son's name after I had only visited the shop once. This allowed me to connect and feel comfortable with her when buying my beautiful wedding gown! I would definitely recommend others to visit this shop when shopping for a wedding dress :-)

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Kristina J

I LOVE this bridal shop and incredibly happy with the team here! My dress was literally PERFECT and I owe it all to Ashley- she was the one who picked out not only the dress but my beautiful belt to go with it. She did a great job picking out dresses that went with the style... Read More that I was going for and was incredibly patient with me! Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Allison F

I got married on May 27th, 2017. I had picked my wedding dress out a little late in the game, about 7 months before my wedding, and Ava Laurenne absolutely rocked it. At the point I had gone to Ava Laurenne I had been to 8 other shops, and Ava Laurenne was my last. First of all,... Read More the shop is absolutely beautiful! It had exactly the feel of what a bridal shop should (some of the shops I visited lacked that). The attendant who helped me (Kate) was absolutely PHONIMONAL! Working with Kate was an absolute dream! She had asked me about the other shops that I had been to, about the dresses that I had tried on and what I liked She let me and my girls go through the store and picked what we thought I would like. She was never, ever pushy about buying a dress, and never tried to talk me into a dress that I just wasn't feeling. She would ask me what I did and didn't like about a dress, and then after we had been through most of the dresses we picked she went back up to pick out a dress that she thought I would like. As she walked down the steps I already knew that the dress was stunning, and I hadn't even tried it on yet. I put on the dress, and it was absolutely stunning, and I fell in love with it instantly. It was exactly everything that I was looking for in my wedding dress, it was only lacking a little bling, and she easily fixed that by finding the most beautiful belt to go along with it! And then she showed me a cathedral veil that just seemed to be made for the dress. I bought all three that very day, I didn't need to look around anymore, I knew I had found the wedding dress/look of my dreams. Overall it was the best experience, as Kate was more concerned about actually helping me find the dress of my dreams, rather than trying to sell me a dress. 10/10, if I had to do it all over again I would absolutely go straight back to Ava Laurenne! Also, I looked absolutely STUNNING on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Marybeth S

I had the best experience at Ava Laurenne! I purchased my wedding dress from Ava Laurenne in May 2016 (1 year prior to my wedding). I worked with Ashley and she was absolutely amazing! The owner, Wendy, greeted me with a huge hug when I met her and made me feel so welcome in... Read More their shop. They had a wide variety of options within my budget and I ended up selecting an Ava Laurenne private label gown. Ashely was so patient and kind and made me feel beautiful in every dress I tried on while giving her honest opinion on styles that would be the most flattering on my body type. The construction/quality of the dress was fantastic and it was ready to be picked up 3 months after I purchased it. Because I currently live in Miami, Ava Laurenne graciously held on to my dress for over 3 more months until I was home for the holidays. Although they do not do alterations, they gave several suggestions for places they recommended. Ava Laurenne is so much more than a wedding dress shop- they treat each and every bride like family. They host events for their brides and even created a Facebook group for Ava Laurenne brides to connect and ask each other wedding questions- a great tool throughout the planning process! I couldn’t recommend Ava Laurenne enough and have several friends who have since bought their wedding dresses from them as well. Highly recommend Ava Laurenne!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Samantha H

Ava Laurenne was the first bridal salon we went to and we had a wonderful experience! They had such a great variety of dresses for everyone's style and everything was reasonably priced. I ended up getting the 4th dress I tried on and I couldn't have been happier with my... Read More decision. The dress was beautiful and perfect and Ava Laurenne definitely helped make that experience one to remember.

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Kimberly A

Ava Laurenne was my first stop when searching for my wedding dress. After visiting shops in Richmond and northern Va, I found my perfect dress in Fredericksburg at Ava Laurenne. Their dresses are the most beautiful I have seen and their service was like nothing I have seen. I am... Read More a flight attendant with a crazy schedule. Patty went above and beyond to meet with me before and after hours. Her expertise and patience was much appreciated! Ava Laurenne is located in historic downtown Fredericksburg on Caroline Street. A wonderful experience for mom and daughter!

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Stefanie R

I had a wonderful experience at Ava Laurénne Bride! Everyone who works there's makes you feel so welcome and special and makes the whole experience of finding the perfect dress a truly wonderful and exciting thing.

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 A C

When planning my wedding, I wasn't sure what I wanted for a dress and kept putting off dress shopping. I started to feel pressure from friends and family that I needed to find a dress in order to have one in time for the wedding. Ava Laurenne was local but I thought it would be... Read More way too expensive and was hesitant to go. After going in just to look with my mom, Patty helped us feel comfortable and let us take time to try on several dresses. She made the experience absolutely amazing and helped me find a dress that I love and stayed within budget. I almost settled for a consignment dress because of trying to stay within a certain price point and it was more than my dress at Ava Laurenne. I'm so happy I gave them a try and became an Ava Laurenne Bride! I love my Justin Alexander dress and felt so beautiful on my wedding day. I would recommend Ava Laurenne to anyone!

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Brandi W

This is such a wonderful bridal salon! I had a very negative experience at the last salon I'd been to and I was feeling a bit discouraged, but at Ava, everything was perfect. Katie was helpful, friendly, and just all around amazing! She is truly suited for this job. She makes... Read More the entire experience a positive, happy one. She clamped the dresses tightly so I knew exactly how they would fit and didn't mind me trying on a lot of dresses. She wasn't pushing for me to buy any specific dress, but provided helpful advice about styles and the way they fit me. The salon is beautiful and I am SO HAPPY to be an Ava Laurenne Bride!!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Bree J

I've never considered myself very picky, but even so, I went to about seven shops and almost gave up on finding the right wedding dress... then I decided to keep one last appointment, which happened to be at Ava. The consultants were so kind and friendly, and the dresses are so... Read More beautifully made! The second dress they put me in was the one. They also helped me accessorize and create just the right look. I felt so beautiful and the quiet atmosphere was very relaxing! The consultants also referred me to a great alterationist and gave me everything I needed for my big day. I'm so excited to wear my dress down the aisle!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jessica M

I had the best experience while shopping for my wedding dress at Ava Laurenne Bride. The ladies that work there are so kind, sweet, and attentive to every need of their brides. I love the one on one approach this shop has with their brides. Unlike some of the chain dress... Read More stores out there, Ava Laurenne makes sure that their staff is working with only one bride at a time. Giving the bride the 120% attention that she deserves. A lot of time, money, and effort goes into picking out the perfect dress, and it is so refreshing to have a dress shop that provides the bride with individual attention. I would recommend this shop to all those newly engaged brides out there.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Aspen K

This bridal salon was amazing! They were kind and friendly and all of their dresses were GORGEOUS. I had a rough time deciding but ended up with a gorgeous dress that happened to be on sale! they were attentive and I was able to give them an idea of what I wanted and my budget... Read More and they brought dresses to fit it and to open my mind to other things that were amazing. I traveled an hour to go to this store and it was 100% worth the time and drive. If you live in the DMV area before you choose your dress you must see them first!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 H W

I had such an amazing experience here! Coming from NY visiting my parents, I never expected to be going home with my dress! On the first day there, first time trying on dresses. It is truly a magical experience. Kaitlin and Ashley took their time to work with me and gave me... Read More their genuine opinions. I trusted them and their expertise. They were patient and passionate about what they do. I HIGHLY recommend coming here to give them a try, a true gem in old town Fredericksburg! You will be amazed and in for a big surprise! I didn't want to take my dress off, it was stunning! For all the out of town brides, think outside of the box! You won't forget it! :-) thank you again for making me feel so amazing and beautiful!! I can't wait for my big day!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Chelsea J

I went there after shopping for dress at two other stores and honestly the others didn't compare in quality of dresses or quality of service. The consultants are so knowledgeable and accommodating and I was able to purchase two breathtaking dresses for my ceremony and... Read More reception. This store has such a lovely and large selection of reasonably priced dresses and everyone is so friendly and excited to help you find your dream dress (which isn't hard to do at that store). they really do care about their brides and I highly recommend finding your dress there.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Clare S

Working with Ava Laurenne was an amazing experience. Prior to making an appointment, we had been to two other bridal shops (trying on countless dresses) and came out with one or two that we sort of liked, and thought that they MIGHT be the dress. When we went to Ava Laurenne,... Read More EVERY SINGLE dress we tried on (which was a lot) was exponentially more beautiful than any of our favorites at the other stores. It did not take Ashley (our bridal consultant) long to bring me the perfect dress, and we all immediately knew with no questions that this was in fact the dress. Beyond simply their selection, their customer service was EXCELLENT. We were the only customers in the store during our session (also the store is beautiful) and we really felt like they were focused on making this experience amazing- which it was! Ashley was so sweet, and sat down with us to get to know more about me (the bride), my family, my fiancee, my wedding, etc. She used that information to pick out absolutely amazing dresses which all perfectly fit my style. I cannot say enough about how great this experience was, and I am so glad that I am an Ava Laurenne Bride!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Bridget P

Ava Laurenne was the first and final bridal shop I visited for looking for THE dress. They were so helpful and so friendly and made it very easy for me to find the perfect dress!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Brittany A

After visiting many bridal boutiques, and receiving many praises and recommendations to Ava Laurenne Bride, I understand why. Purchasing my wedding gown with Ava Laurenne was such a special experience. I give credit to the owners and staff who worked with me on two separate... Read More occasions to help me pick the perfect Justin Alexander dress for me! I am so happy to share my wonderful and magical experience so other brides can do the same in the future!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Christina B

THE BEST EXPERIENCE EVER! If you are looking for your perfect dress, look no further. I went to Ava Laurenne just to browse around, and ended up finding my dress - and it was on clearance! You can browse their "off the rack" dresses for a greatly discounted price! DONT LOOK... Read More ANYWHERE ELSE! Also, ask for Patty, she went above and beyond just to make me feel special. Hands down the best woman ever.

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Sarah M

Most AMAZING experience. Ava Laurenne was my second stop while trying to find a dress back in November. I wanted what every girl sees on TV to be my experience. Surrounded by friends and family and most importantly to find my dress. Jeri MADE the appointment. She listened to... Read More everything I said and came up with the perfect dress. I never felt rush or overwhelmed. The dress she created I never expected to love, but I trusted her completely and it worked. I left and went to two other salons only to be disappointed. They didn't listen and tried to force things on me that didn't work. Naturally I returned to Jeri and felt immediately calm. She remembered me and made me feel at home. Thank you so much for helping me find my dress. Jeri was ABSOLUTELY why I came back. She was so knowledgable and made me feel like I was with a friend I had known for years. Thank you! Can't wait to pick up my dress next week :-)

Reviewed on 3/05/2016 Joshua W

I loved this experience!! I could not be happier. Getting your dress here is like a fairytale. ( Ask for Jenny, she's amazing!)

Reviewed on 3/01/2016 Erica H

I went to Ava Laurenne with the understanding that the dresses were probably out of my price range but I wanted to get an idea of what I liked. I had heard SO MANY wonderful things about this shop so I knew we had to visit. My first appointment was on a busy Saturday and I had 3... Read More bridesmaids and my mom with me. We were immediately greeted by a woman I would soon come to find out was one of the owners, Wendy. She immediately made me feel at home and had my bridesmaids seated in a beautiful sitting area. I tried on several dresses when a dress across the room caught my eye. Wendy tried to squeeze me into it (haha) but it was a street size 2 and I am a 6 or an 8. It was a dress from the shop's private collection so it was one of a kind (aka I couldn't go anywhere else to find it or try it on). I had a bridesmaid try the dress on and fell in love with it. Wendy told me she usually doesn't recommend buying a dress you can't try on but that she was so confident I would love the fit on myself if I decided to buy it and ended up hating it that the shop would keep it and I could pick another dress instead. This was a really generous offer and it made me realize that Wendy really is the best and just wants brides to find the perfect dresses. I left that day without getting the dress and immediately sent them a message explaining that I loved the dress but I just couldn't spend so much on a dress I hadn't tried on. A couple days later I got a call from Ashley at the shop and she told me that the next weekend they were having a trunk show on their private collection...I felt like this was fate and the fact that they took the time to reach out to me meant a lot. I found a store in VA Beach that had a similar fit dress and loved the way it looked on me. My mom and I drove up to Fredericksburg on the next Saturday and I GOT THE DRESS!!!! They went out of their way to celebrate with me when I decided on the dress and made it so special. Everyone was so wonderful and helpful. I never expected to get into dress shopping the way I did and I really have Wendy and her crew to thank for that. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had shopping for ANYTHING!!! which says a lot. I cannot wait to go back and try on my dress when it comes in... I will be bringing the rest of my bridesmaids this time because I want them to experience the beautiful shop and amazing atmosphere. I rambled on a lot here but I really just want to say THANKS!!! and tell other brides to go to this shop! Wendy and her crew are changing the way wedding dress shopping is done for the better :)

Reviewed on 2/10/2016 Dani G

I went to a different dress shop in Fredericksburg before going to my appointment at Ava Laurenne and left feeling disappointed. So, I walked into my appointment at Ava Laurenne with my family and maid of honor not thinking that I was going to find anything. Boy was I wrong! The... Read More first person that greeted me was my consultant, Ashley. She let us all settle in and asked me what look I was interested in. So, soon after she was ready. The first dress she picked out for me was absolutely gorgeous! Not at all what I was looking for but I thought maybe that would be the one until the second dress, which was their own private label. I tried it on, went down to show my family and they erupted! She accessorized the look and was so accommodating to my family (who were kind of all into everything and excited). Haha the best part is, when I finally said yes to the dress they rearranged the whole store and the owner and his wife sang a gorgeous song! I am not usually someone who gets choked up and emotional but man oh man! The experience I had at Ava Laurenne was nothing but magical! They turned my day completely around. If you're looking for a bridal shop that knows what they're doing, how to treat you and will take their time accommodating your every need go to Ava Laurenne! They don't just do their job because they get a paycheck, they're hearts are in it as well!

Reviewed on 2/07/2016 Greta B

From their online reviews, I was so excited to experience Ava Laurenne, and they did not disappoint! Where to start? The salon was beautiful. The dresses were easily accessible so we were able to browse and have a clear idea what we were looking at (no plastic, no packed racks).... Read More AND WENDY. If I could, I'd take her shopping with me everywhere. She was so quick to pick up on my style and guide me to other dresses I may like. She wasn't afraid to tell me one dress didn't flatter me as much as the other. And she was not shy with the compliments. She truly made me feel stunning in each and every dress. She was so fun and enthusiastic, I couldn't imagine doing this with anyone else. The salon goes above and beyond to make the best experience for each and every bride. Seriously. Make an appointment. Experience the fun :)

Reviewed on 2/06/2016 Brittany G

I can honestly not say enough about how wonderful my experience with Ava Laurenne Bride. The fabulous customer started with my call to make an appointment and did not end until I walked out of the door. Jenni was a wonderful consultant to work with!! She took the time to get... Read More to know me, my style and was I was looking for in a wedding dress. I went to three different bridal salons that day and she was they only one who seemed to care about me and what I wanted, not making a sale. If you are looking for a beautiful dress, take the time to go to Ava Laurenne Bride. You will not be disappointed