Avalon Legacy Ranch

Mckinney, TX

Book Your Wedding with Avalon Legacy Ranch

A BALLROOM IN MCKINNEY, TX

Avalon Legacy Ranch is about five minutes away from the Downtown Square of McKinney, Texas. You can enjoy 25 acres of peaceful pine woods without leaving the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Ideal for weddings ceremonies and receptions, your guests, before and after your wedding day, can go hiking along the many wooded trails, relax by the scenic lake, watch the wildlife or tour the gardens. They'll also enjoy the unique shops in Historic Downtown McKinney. Avalon Legacy Ranch accommodates up to 300 people and couples can choose a variety of indoor or outdoor locations for their ceremony and reception.

Chapel. The outdoor chapel has stunning stained glass windows and old-fashioned wood church pews on lush green grass, with cedar trees behind it. The beautiful chandelier makes the chapel look like a scene from a fairy tale.

Bridge. A picturesque wooden bridge and stone walkways lead to the chapel. The bridge is perfect for romantic photos or even a small wedding ceremony.

Garden with Pergolas. The garden has gorgeous flower beds and three pergolas with seating.

Hidden Alcoves. For a smaller wedding or beautiful photographs, couples can choose from several secluded wooded alcoves. For a more rustic atmosphere, have your event next to the barn.

Covered Deck. The 2,800-square-foot covered deck outside the 6,000-square-foot historic home is suitable for a big party or an intimate gathering. There's enough space on the deck for dining and dancing and Avalon Legacy Ranch provides decorative lighting at night. Inside, you can enjoy spacious kitchen and bar areas along with comfortable sofas.

Lakeside . The lake has a beautiful view for your ceremony or reception and green grass on the shore. You or your guests can even go swimming.

Avalon Legacy Ranch is not a full service venue, so a wedding planner is recommended. However, the owner will help people who plan their own wedding at no extra charge. Kids, pets and horses are welcome and the barn has a stable and riding ring.

The 600-square-foot bridal suite on the second floor of the historic home comes with everything a bride and her bridesmaids need. It has full-length mirrors, two couches and a settee, a large closet, tables and chairs for makeup and hair preparation as well as washrooms. The bridal suite also has two balconies so the bride can watch or wave to her guests. Here are some of the other available perks:

• Groom's room
  • Beverage service
  • Projector and screen
  • Valet parking
  • Catering
  • Tenting for bad weather
  • Can reserve the venue for a full day
  • Plenty of restrooms
  • Carts to drive guests around the large grounds

Begin Your Legacy Here

You deserve a venue as unforgettable as the special event you are celebrating. Welcome to Avalon Legacy Ranch. Nestled in the midst of 25 wooded acres that border a stunning reservoir, Avalon Legacy Ranch is unimaginably unique and magnificently beautiful. Begin Your Legacy Here

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Garden, Park, Tented

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

2022 Wayside Trail, Mckinney, TX (469) 450-6211

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Kayla G

This was the first venue we looked at and the second we pulled in the driveway my husband and I fell in love. It was so much more than I could have ever imagined. The house is beautiful. My favorite part of the house is the windows. They are unique and gorgeous! When you walk... Read More in the front door you feel right at home. The house has a lot of history to it. The floors are made of old Army barracks, the bar is built from an old barn that was on the property. The bridal suite is huge and spacious with beautiful, huge mirrors. The grooms suite is just as nice with a TV for the Boys to enjoy. The patio is wide and open with plenty of room for eating and dancing and looks out onto three pergolas that are covered in greenery and gorgeous flowers and all of guests loved having the fire pits to go to when they got tired of dancing. The Chapel is surrounded by trees and wildflowers and is drop dead gorgeous and made the perfect setting for our ceremony. They offer a set of old doors for your to walk through that adds to the build up of the bride's entrance. They also have a golf cart that will transport older guests to and from the chapel and that was super nice since my Great Grandma has trouble walking and possibly wouldn't have been able to come without that option. Everyone at Avalon Legacy Ranch was so sweet to us and made us feel so comfortable throughout the whole process. Debi answered all of my questions gave us the best recommendations for other vendors. On the day of, all of the staff were super accommodating. If there was something I forgot about, they were quick to offer any assistance, help or advice. Debi makes you feel like family when you're there. I can't say enough about Avalon Legacy Ranch and how amazing it is. Our whole day ran flawlessly and smoothly thanks to the crew at Avalon Legacy Ranch and all of our guests had so much fun and loved the venue. Everyone commented on how beautiful and tucked away in the woods it is. I give this place 100 stars! We couldn't have asked for a better venue and I would HIGHLY recommend it to any bride!

2016-09-09T18:00:45 Response from the vendor

WE LOVE OUR SWEET, SWEET BRIDES!!! This review warms our hearts SO MUCH. We are thrilled that we could be a small part in your big day! All of our brides and grooms truly do become part of our family. It means so much to... Read Less Read More

Quiet Elegance Marries Rustic Charm

Reviewed on 4/24/2015

I attended a wedding at ALR recently. I was able to tour the ranch prior to the wedding and my first impression was jaw dropping. Pictures online, as beautiful as they are don't even begin to do this spectacular place justice. When I walked in the beautiful front door my first... Read More impression was awe followed by a welcoming peace. There was so much light and space with a comfortable invitation to make yourself at home. The day of the wedding, packed with guest, the atmosphere was no less awe inspiring and peaceful but with the added spice that is joy. The ceremony was held down a enchanting little lane with the trees adorned with carefully appointed wind chimes leading to an open air cathedral complete with pews and a beautiful stain glass cross sculpture. Bricks and stone are no more beautiful than the natural setting of God's creation. I sat on the back row and still I was able to see and hear the ceremony clearly. The reception was beautifully done on a huge covered deck that held tables with seating for 180 people. I sat at table number 20 so I am guessing with the large wedding party there was at least 200+ people on the deck yet was still roomy enough to mingle and dance. One thing I noticed that you don't find in many venues is plenty of restrooms. They were clean and inviting. It started raining during the reception but that didn't impact the festivities one bit. We all stayed nice and cozy. There were even carts to drive us to our car so we didn't have to traverse any mud puddles. I understand that ALR is a relatively new venue but I wouldn't have known it based on the service, profession staff and attention to every detail. I do have one disappointment with this place and that it isn't in Georgia where I would love to have my daughter use this place ;-) I wish Debi the best of success both now and in the future. I know that it is only going to get better and better. God bless you!

2015-04-24T18:31:18 Response from the vendor

Wow - reviews like this make me cry. We do everything we can to be "above and beyond" people's expectations. Nothing is more important to us than giving our all so that the bride can have a wonderful day. Thank you so much for such... Read Less Read More

Perfect in every way!

Reviewed on 4/23/2015 Bekah H

I had the great pleasure of having my wedding at Avalon Legacy Ranch. From start to finish, the venue was a dream. The property and its views are stunning and the owner is a gem. Debi is one of the nicest people I have ever worked with and she eased the stress of the "day of"... Read More for me immensely. Her staff was so friendly and made the day go off without a hitch. Debi made all of my bridal party and guests feel at home. The place was nice and clean when we got there at 8am and we had so much space for getting ready. All five of my bridesmaids had plenty of room for hair and makeup in the HUGE bridal suite (literally the entire upstairs is for the bride!). The groomsmen had a nice cozy room downstairs with plenty of room for dressing an playing on the xbox. Once it was time for pictures, we had a million places to choose from, because as I mentioned, the place is so beautiful. My photographer was so impressed and hoped he would have another wedding their so he could shoot the property again. Overall, it was a perfect day and was such a blessing that we were able to get married at ALR. My family and I are so thankful for Debi and her kind heart. She helped make that day incredible!

2015-04-24T18:43:48 Response from the vendor

We are always so honored to have brides choose us for their day. Your wedding was absolutely fabulous - I so loved the flowers. And of course - your wedding planner was able to make it a day come true was well. You didn't have... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/25/2017 Hanni P

The absolute best!! Save yourself considerable time and energy...just start (and end) your search here. My husband and I will always feel indebted to the wonderful folks at ALR. :)

2017-12-10T16:22:53 Response from the vendor

Oh, Hanni! We are so thrilled you and Dan are part of the ALR family now! Thank you for sharing your sweet families and friends (something blue!) with us! Don't be strangers!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Kendra K

We had our eye on this venue for awhile and as soon as we went for a tour, our deal was sealed. Alee and Debi were amazing, not only with their hospitality but their speedy communication whenever I had a question. Alee definitely stood out and helped make our day the BEST! She... Read More was a presence on the day of and ensured all the setup, tables, and chairs, were laid out like we specified. I went to the venue several times over the course of our engagement (visit with coordinator, to show out-of-town mom, bridal shoot, etc) and each time I was greeted with a smile, warmth, and wonderful professionalism. I highly recommend ALR for your woodland wedding.

2017-12-10T16:26:59 Response from the vendor

Kendra- we can't express how much we absolutely LOVED your wedding day! Getting to hear you sing and play upstairs was something we'll never forget! We also loved getting to hear your story from your sweet, sweet grandmother. Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Laura J

When my fiance and I saw pictures of Avalon Legacy Ranch at the Dallas Bridal Show, we knew we had to go visit because it was our dream venue. Alee was so kind and helpful and scheduled a tour for us that same day since we were coming from out of town. When we arrived we knew... Read More it was where we would get married. The location is beautiful, and the little details of the ranch make it unique and rustic. The windows and lighting are jaw dropping, and the pergolas captured my heart. I knew it would be perfect for our special day because all I wanted was a place where I could relax and feel at home while getting ready, and where my guests from all over the country could spend time together and have fun. They even said we could play lawn games, so I was hooked! Plus, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We signed our contract that same day because we didn't need to see any other venues. Throughout the planning process they were available to answer questions. There were a few things that caused me to not give 5 stars. One reason is that my mom paid the full amount ahead of schedule and was contacted shortly before the wedding because they couldn't find her payment, so she was in panic mode. Another reason is that less than a week before the wedding, I received an email asking me to complete a huge bridal checklist that I feel I should have received earlier on because wedding week is already hectic enough with picking people up and other tasks, so then I was in panic mode. I feel like there could be an improvement in organization so that brides and family members are not stressed out more. My other issue was that our wedding morning was a complete disaster, and not at all relaxing like I wanted it to be. I had sent my table layout in an email ahead of time, but when we arrived nothing was set up the way I had requested, so I spent my morning sweating while moving all the tables around. My fiance and I ended up seeing each other ahead of time because he didn't want me to have to do all the work. Then, while we were trying to get ready, there were people going on a tour. I thought that was a little unprofessional. Finally, my amazing aunt had to go around and get rid of tons of cobwebs that should have been removed before we arrived. However, the wedding itself still turned out to be beautiful and fun like I wanted, and everyone commented on how amazing the venue is. I just think that some improvements can be made so that the experience is just as wonderful for the bride/bridal party/family as it is for the guests.

2017-12-10T16:03:25 Response from the vendor

Dear Laura, We absolutely loved working with you and Ali. I wholeheartedly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, and I am so glad that your day was still the fabulous day your imagined! We didn't mean the list to stress you out; we send it... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/14/2017

Alee and the rest of the Avalon family were AHHHMAZING!! We happened upon the venue when we saw a friend's photos and my groom fell in love with its rustic elegance. He quickly made an appointment to tour and Alee was very accommodating and met us one Monday afternoon...that was... Read More the day we put down our deposit without even a second thought. From there planning continued and Avalon helped offer vendors that they had worked with and any other ridiculous question we had. We went out several times for bridals, with our day of planner and dress rehearsal. It was always in beautiful shape, including new outdoor benches. A week before our wedding our daughter became very ill and hospitalized. When they heard she would be unable to attend the wedding they arranged a live feed of the ceremony at NO CHARGE! It was such a sweet and special gesture and we were beyond grateful! Everything on the day of went perfectly. The staff were attentive, flattering...saying everything a bride and couple in total bliss want to hear. The grounds at Avalon are gorgeous and the staff is extremely thoughtful and professional. If you're looking for a venue that truly cares about the couples that profess their love in their sacred outdoor chapel...look no further. You will truly be treated like family at Avalon!

2017-12-10T16:28:35 Response from the vendor

OHH Jill! We just LOVE y'all! Every time we see lit up Jeeps- we still think of your FABULOUS exit surprise for Adam!!! Sharing your wedding photos with future brides has been such a treat for us. Thank you SO much for picking us to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Chesney B

Avalon was the most amazing thing I could have ever dreamed of! I loved the staff so much too, it's like they all became family. If I could do it over I would pick Avalon as my venue EVERY SINGLE TIME. The venue is beautiful, and that made for such perfect pictures. It truly is... Read More like a fairy tale. I couldn't be happier with the wedding we had...I am such a happy bride and everyone that came to my wedding could not stop going on about how beautiful it was there. Thank y'all so much for sharing my wedding with me!!

2017-12-10T16:30:48 Response from the vendor

WE LOVED YOUR WEDDING, CHESNEY!!! We still cannot get over how perfect EVERY. SINGLE. DETAIL was! From the skeleton hand boutonnières, the cauldron at the bar and the claw foot tub decor- everything you did was SO perfect and FUN!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Cortney H

My fiancé and I looked at a few different venues throughout the Dallas metroplex before we were fortunate enough to learn about Avalon Legacy Ranch. From the moment we looked through the website my fiancé and I fell in love and couldn't wait to go see ALR in person. As... Read More beautiful as the pictures are, they still do not do the venue justice! We were blown away as we pulled down the driveway and got the first glimpse of ALR with all the windows lining the front and the perfect landscaping. From there, we met Alee who was an absolute LIFESAVER throughout my entire planning process. Alee was incredibly helpful and always available via email and phone to ease any concerns I may have had at that particular moment. I knew I was in great hands and cannot put in to words how perfect ALR is from the look and feel of the venue to the people that are there every step of the way (Debi and Alee). The bridal suite was incredibly spacious with more than enough outlets, natural lighting, and massive mirrors to ensure a wedding party of any size has plenty of space to move around. If the perfect décor throughout the inside of ALR wasn't enough, when you walk outside through the covered patio and out to the chapel, there isn't much more you could ask for! The iron and stain glass backdrop with the rustic chandelier give the chapel area a unique feel and is absolutely stunning in pictures. With a venue so well decorated and with such a wonderful layout, the potential for photo backdrops are endless - from the vibrant red barn to the rustic white doors or the wide open lake area. Avalon Legacy Ranch is an absolute MUST SEE!

2017-12-10T16:33:22 Response from the vendor

Cortney- we just absolutely love you two! We cannot get over the GORGEOUS red-glam bridesmaid dresses you picked that matched PERFECTLY with the getaway car! It was an absolute thrill to both coordinate AND host your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Travis B

Avalon Legacy Ranch is perfect! The venue is absolutely gorgeous, the grounds are perfect for pictures, and the staff is super helpful. Debi helped us with everything we needed and made sure it all went smoothly so we could enjoy it. Our wedding turned out perfectly, just what... Read More we wanted, and we're so glad we had it at Avalon.

2017-12-10T16:34:26 Response from the vendor

We love you guys!!! Getting to know your sweet families has been such a blessing! We still talk about each and every detail you both put into planning your wonderful wedding!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Taylor B

Beautiful venue and great staff ☺️

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Halie T

The most beautiful venue! From the outdoor chapel to the covered reception patio, the views are all breathtaking! We couldn't have picked a more perfect venue for our special day- everything you need is there. The bridal suite is huge, and the grooms room has couches and a... Read More perfect space for the guys to hangout. The lake onsite made a beautiful background for our wedding pictures. It feels like there is nothing around but trees yet there are several hotels within 10 minutes to the venue, so guests don't have to drive 30-35 minutes just to get out there. It is very well kept and I'm pretty sure no matter what time of the year you get married the scenery will be beautiful regardless!

2017-12-10T16:05:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!!!! We are so honored you chose us as your venue! Please keep in contact! We love hearing all the details about your new lives together!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Halie F

The most beautiful venue! From the outdoor chapel to the covered reception patio, the views are all breathtaking! We couldn't have picked a more perfect venue for our special day!

2017-12-10T16:08:38 Response from the vendor

Dear Halie, Gosh...we just love love love you and Chance and are so thrilled you chose us as your venue. It was a gorgeous day! From the rehearsal dinner to the end of the wedding night - every detail was perfection! We are so glad... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Allison M

So I technically haven't gotten married here yet, but my fiancé and I are set for 01/19/19 and we could not be more excited about this venue! We love the Texas House feel and the sheer amount of space that you have for your big day! The bridal suite is the most amazing one I've... Read More ever seen and will provide enough room no matter how many bridesmaids you have! Alee and Debbie are wonderful to work with and truly care about you. We can't wait to get married here!

2017-12-10T16:09:38 Response from the vendor

Oh Allison, We are sooooo excited too! It is going to be absolutely gorgeous! Can you believe you have one more month as a single lady:) Call us if you need ANYTHING!!!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Natalie R

From the moment my fiance and I spoke with Alee and Debi on the phone, we knew Avalon Legacy Ranch didn't even compare to the tons of other wedding venue options we were looking at. Alee and Debi are very kind, thoughtful, and truly care about each and every couple that plans... Read More their wedding at Avalon Legacy Ranch. Not being from Texas, I really, really wanted evergreen trees at my wedding, but I knew that would be hard to find in North Texas... until we saw Avalon Legacy Ranch!! My fiance and I are absolutely in LOVE with the property-- the gorgeous pergolas covered with stunning roses, the STUNNING evergreen trees (my favorite), the gorgeous house with beautiful hardwood floors and antique design elements, spacious areas to gather and spend time with family and friends, the incredible outdoor chapel complete with stained glass and rod iron art at the alter, the sliding barn doors at the front of the aisle, and so much more! One of our favorite parts of the venue is that our guests won't be tied to sitting at their dinner table the whole evening-- they can sit around the fire pits in the pergolas, sit on the various porches, go for a walk around the pond, sit in the big comfy leather couches in the living room next to the towering fireplace, or dance on the dance floor on the HUGE deck. We are so excited to get married at Avalon Legacy Ranch in May and are so thrilled we found such an incredible, tucked away gem in North Texas!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Lacey I

We got married at Avalon Legacy Ranch on May 20,2017 and it was my dream wedding. All the details of this venue make it a unique and precious hidden treasure. I wish I could give them 10 stars! The moment you walk in the front door there's a homey feeling that none of the other... Read More venues we looked at could match. We wanted an outdoor wedding and I still can hardly believe we were able to have our ceremony and reception in the same place. We received so many compliments from guests on the beauty and relaxed feeling of the venue. Everyone had a wonderful time! This venue was so unique because we had so much room to work with- plenty of outdoor locations for pictures, outdoor wrap around porch for guests to sit, huge bridal suite on the 2nd floor. Debi and Alee were amazing as well, so kind and helpful. They treated us just like family. No need to look anywhere else. If you want a dream wedding where you will be stress-free the day of your wedding,book at Avalon Legacy Ranch!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Becca W

Avalon Legacy Ranch was was a beautiful place for our wedding. Not only was the ceremony site gorgeous, but the areas for the wedding party to get ready were perfect. The staff were all very welcoming, helpful, and open to working with us. They answered our questions quickly and... Read More effectively, and even helped out the day of by driving our grandparents in their golf cart so that they didn't have to walk back and forth to the ceremony site!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Jan T

Avalon Legacy Ranch was the prefect venue for my daughter's wedding. It was beautiful, peaceful and such a wonderful place for this laid back couple to "tie the knot." I really can't think of anything that we would have changed.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Tamara M

Avalon Legacy Ranch was the perfect setting for my daughter's wedding and reception. We visited other venues that seemed very "corporate", several of which booked multiple weddings for the same day. At Avalon we immediately appreciated its unique and personal ambiance. This... Read More venue manages to present both a rustic and elegant style that still allows each couple to showcase their individual personality. The outdoor chapel, complete with stained glass and pews, is set among the trees, a short walk over a bridge and along a wooded path. The ceremony there was absolutely magical. The covered porch of the ranch house was perfect for the reception. We had a plated meal for 150 guests with over 10 servers and had plenty of room, with space left over for a dance floor, a candy bar, and a photo booth, all on the wrap-around porch. The ranch house itself provided multiple seating areas, as well as the bar. Upstairs is dedicated to a HUGE and luxurious bridal suite, complete with balconies. Even the largest wedding party will have plenty of room to dress, lots of space for the hair and makeup professionals to set up, and a comfortable area to relax before the guests arrive. Downstairs the groom's suite provides the guys a nice place to dress and hang out separate from the girls. The four gazebos with fire pits offer opportunities for small groups to relax or take a break from the dance floor. The back lawn is also perfect for games; we had bocce ball and corn hole games set up, but it would be great for horse shoes, as well. The entire venue is beautiful with climbing roses, crape myrtles, and many other flowers, both cultivated and wild. Photo opportunities are endless here, including a small lake on the property. Unlike those other "corporate" venues, this one is a family business, so you can expect the personal touch. You have the entire property to yourself for your date; no sharing the venue with other events or quick in-and-out affairs. At Avalon Legacy Ranch you have the backdrop to create the wedding of your dreams!

2017-12-10T16:23:58 Response from the vendor

Wow!!! It is so rare for a dad to give a review and we are so so appreciative of all the wonderful comments you have made! It means the world to us you noticed all the hard work we do to keep everything beautiful and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Bethany P

ALR is AMAZING!! I can't put into words how appreciative I am of everything they did to make my day special. The venue is beautiful but they really made me feel like family from the day I first toured and on my wedding day, it felt like I was getting married at a family member's... Read More house. I was so comfortable and felt so taken care of, I can't imagine my wedding anywhere else. This is the only venue I toured because I fell in love immediately, its perfect and Debi and Alee are absolutely wonderful. I am hot natured and while I was getting ready with my bridesmaids Alee came up and placed an extra AC/fan in the room so I could really cool down. It made everyone else cold, but I wasn't sweaty when the ceremony started thank goodness. :D Before the ceremony they had my husband and I make a video to each other saying a few words about how we felt before we got married. When we got back from our honeymoon it was in my inbox with a few photos they were able to snap of the night so I was able to have a few before I got any from my photographers. Watching the videos together was such an amazing first night back from our honeymoon!! #alristhebest

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Megan B

Debi and Alee were a complete and utter joy to work with. From the first day I toured this venue, I knew it was the one. It is so gorgeous, and pictures just have a hard time doing it justice. The ceremony area was perfect for our small wedding, as we could get the cozy feel we... Read More wanted. Debi was so accommodating and helpful. Once we signed our contract, she helped us through everything! She was awesome about getting us measurements and letting us come visit to finalized decor, etc. She is so sweet, and knows her stuff! On the day of, Debi, Fae, and Alee made everything run so so smoothly. Our tables were set up with tablecloths on them, ironed, just how I'd asked. They were ready to do our rehearsal run through the minute we got there, and they helped us with every little thing all day. (Steaming bridesmaid dresses, pinning boutonnieres, taking care of waiting guests, and even helping with the clean up, which they didn't have to do at all!) Our pictures turned out gorgeous, and we had so many comments about how amazing and beautiful this venue was. I will definitely be planning more events here in the future! I couldn't have wished for a more perfect venue experience!!!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Brandi H

This was one of the first venues we looked at but the second I saw the place I fell in love with it and the rest of the venues paled in comparison. This family owned venue was absolutely perfect! They get back you usually within a day and we're extremely understanding. Our... Read More wedding took place this past December so the Christmas decorations were up and they were beautiful. We got lots of compliments on the place. They did change the pews between the time I took the tour of the place to the time of the wedding, and i was not informed of the change, while this did not bother me it, in the future others might want to be informed of such changes. I would HIGHLY recommend this place! Not only is the place gorgeous and breathtaking, the women who run it are extremely nice and sweet!

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Melinda S

Avalon Legacy Ranch was the most beautiful place to get married! it provided a country feel and was outside the city but not by far. it was just at the outskirts of McKinney. it provided a stunning outdoor chapel with a stain glass backdrop out behind the house. it also had a... Read More bridal suite and groom suite with a kitchen for the catering staff and a back deck for the reception. We loved the whole place! it was perfect for the fun and joyful experience we wanted. It was a more relaxed style that we wanted and had a rugged country warmth that you can't get in the city. if we had to go back and do it again we would pick that venue every time!

Reviewed on 12/24/2016 Kimberly C

We got married at Avalon Legacy Ranch on November 6th! Debi and Alee made our wedding day so special! The venue is absolutely picturesque and Debi is a wonderful host. She and her team came alongside of my day-of coordinator and worked hard to make sure everything ran... Read More smoothly. They even went to get more coffee for us when we ran out unexpectedly. They let you use all your own vendors, which is fabulous when you are planning on a budget. It rained on our wedding day, and while I went through brief disappointment that we couldn't hold the ceremony in the outside chapel, the covered patio was transformed beautifully with twinkle lights. Everyone commented that it was such an intimate setting with the rain softly falling in the background :) Please know that hiring a coordinator is essential. Debi and Alee manage the grounds and assist. They aren't your wedding planners, but they did provide great support to my awesome coordinator.

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Jen S

Avalon Legacy Ranch was the perfect choice for our wedding! The venue is beautiful and unique. Debi and Alee were wonderful to work with. Alee was always available by email if we had questions, even if it was late at night. They were flexible and allowed us to work with... Read More multiple different vendors and offered suggestions for others. I can't say enough great things about this place. Our guests are still talking about how much they enjoyed attending our wedding here. I would highly suggest.

2016-12-01T15:56:40 Response from the vendor

Jen- we absolutely LOVED getting to be a part of you and Jerome's wedding!! We still can't get over the smokey pictures.. we wish the absolutely best for you and your new husband! Thank you for allowing us to celebrate with you both. :)