AVIVA Strings

Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, Poconos, Philly, Allentown & beyond!

Elegant live strings for weddings & occasions!

Your unique event should be an expression of you! What better way to do that than with elegant live string music playing as you greet your guests or say your 'I do's'! We are available to play for weddings, showers, mitzvahs, birthdays, anniversaries, proposals, & other special events! Serving NEPA, Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, the Poconos, the Lehigh Valley, Allentown, Philadelphia and beyond!

Instruments

Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Keyboard, Mandolin, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, Poconos, Philly, Allentown & beyond! (570) 954-8593
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/27/2016

Aviva was just outstanding start to finish. I am the mother-of-the-bride and I myself am also in the service industry. It is so refreshing to come across vendors who are wonderful in the work and so professional to deal with. Jessica was on top of things organizationally and... Read More a pleasure to deal with. Most importantly, they sounded fabulous. You will not be sorry if you hire them as your string quartet. It was a magical evening.

2016-07-29T10:18:14 Response from the vendor

We LOVED working with you and your entire family on such a spectacular and perfect day! Thank you for including us in the celebration!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Taylor P

We are so pleased that we chose your services for our rehearsal dinner and wedding ceremony. You are by far the best group of musicians we have come across. We would like to sincerely thank you for all the effort you put into making our wedding a memorable event. It was... Read More beautiful, and your friendliness and professionalism surpassed our expectations. Forever thankful, Taylor and Gino

2016-07-29T10:19:01 Response from the vendor

We loved being there for BOTH your rehearsal dinner and ceremony! Thank you for having us, Taylor & Gino!!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Jillian G

Aviva Strings helped make our dream wedding even more incredible! I really wanted strings for our ceremony, and they definitely delivered. The music playing sounded absolutely amazing, and Jessica is such a pleasure to work with!! I HIGHLY recommend using Aviva Strings for... Read More weddings, birthdays, anything!!!

2016-06-28T10:34:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for these beautiful words!! We absolutely loved being included in your gorgeous day - thank you for having us!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Annaleigh F

AVIVA strings played for our wedding in September, and they were absolutely incredible! The trio made our ceremony extra special by playing beautiful songs chosen by us :) Jessica was such a pleasure to work with! We highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Andrew L

My wife and I used Aviva Strings to play at our wedding ceremony on September 30, 2017 at The Inn at Woodloch in Hawley, PA. We reviewed several musicians very thoroughly before deciding on Aviva Strings and we could not be happier. They played beautifully, just loud enough to... Read More provide the perfect backdrop for our wedding, but just quiet enough that I got to focus fully on my bride and our special day. Aviva Strings has a very wide-ranging repertoire and it was very easy to pick exactly the music we wanted for our ceremony. They were also very flexible and even wrote a custom arrangement for us for a modest $75 fee. We wanted "You Are The Best Thing" by Ray LaMontagne for our recessional and, not only did they score it for us, but it came out great! It was the perfect way to cap our wedding. From start to finish, working with Aviva Strings was easy. They were very responsive in the months leading up to the ceremony. Any time we had a question or a request, they answered quickly and made the whole process very easy. Most importantly, on the day of the wedding, we didn't have to worry about a thing. They came in, set up and packed up all on their own without any hassle. All-in-all, it was a great experience and we would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Jenny H

I cannot thank AVIVA Strings enough for the beautiful music they played for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Jessica was great to work with from the time of booking until after the event. We left it up to her to pick the music that would be played and they did a great job. We... Read More cannot thank you enough!! I highly recommend AVIVA Strings for your next event!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Kelly N

We used a string trio for our ceremony music and we couldn't be more thrilled with Jessica and her team of extremely professional musicians! They have a huge selection of both classical and contemporary repertoire and were even able to learn new pieces. Our guests loved all the... Read More songs they played and the trio was even kind enough to take an Instagram pic of our ceremony which ended up being one of our favorite guest photos!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Tara S

My husband and I decided to book AVIVA strings for our July 2017 wedding. I'm so glad we did! Working with Jessica was a breeze. When I walked into my ceremony hearing Guns and Roses "Sweet Child of Mine" I literally broke down in tears, it sounded so beautiful. Hire AVIVA... Read More strings for your wedding and take your event to the next level! We also received so many compliments from our guests. Thanks Jessica and AVIVA strings! :-)

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Nicole K

We hired AVIVA strings on short notice, after learning that another band we were using couldn't play any classical music for our ceremony. Despite how late we booked them AVIVA took great care in working with me to select which pieces we wanted played and with what... Read More instrumentation. We ended up with a lovely cello-violin duo. I didn't have a chance to meet the musicians on the day of the wedding, but our officiant told me later that he was very impressed with how professional and accommodating they were. They sounded great despite playing in a tent on a rainy day, and they sound good on the video, too. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Tara G

AVIVA Strings added so much to our wedding and they were so easy to communicate with. They were very professional and their responsiveness was always very prompt, even though we only booked them for a short ceremony. We had them do a custom arrangement for our recessional and... Read More it turned out beautifully. We got so many compliments from guests and family afterwards.

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Meredith J

As anyone reading reviews on a wedding website knows, planning a wedding is an overwhelming amount of work. AVVIA and the owner Jessica, is one of those wonderful vendors, who you choose to work with, and they do so much of the planning work for you. From the first step of... Read More receiving the quote, all of the information arrived quickly, and all of the details were presented clearly to understand what each option would cost. It made it easy for me to determine that with our budget, music for the prelude & ceremony by a duo would be best, but I was able to clearly see what it would cost for a trio or quartet, what it would cost to add the cocktail hour etc. I got some quotes from other musicians, and not only were they less clear, the thing that was clear is that they were far more expensive. We opted to pay an extra fee for a custom arrangement of one of our favorite songs for our processional, but left up to AVVIA what to play for the prelude selections, and they were all really lovely. I wish that I could say that I had some great interactions with the musicians, but given the short block of time that we booked them for, I never even had the chance to thank them. But, the truth is... that is exactly what you want, is on your wedding day to have people who efficiently arrive, do what they are scheduled to do, and you never have to take time to give them instruction, Jessica made sure that all of the details were perfectly mapped out well in advance. I could not recommend them more highly, having their lovely soundtrack for the most important part of our wedding day was so meaningful, and in the one phone call before the wedding when the stress of everything I had to get done was really settling in, she was so reassuring and offered me some great advice to help stay calm & focused. If you chose to hire AVIVA for your wedding, you will be in very good hands during a time when any stress you can take off your plate is vital!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Jaime R

Aviva was more than I could ask for. Hey we're prompt, professional, and truly added exactly what everyone needs to make their ceremony magical. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Rachel F

I Would highly reccommend having AVIVA strings at your Wedding or event . I worked with Jessica throughout the entire planning process and she was wonderful. Very organized, professional, and prompt. We choose to have a string trio and the musicians were incredibly talented to... Read More say the least, and the love strings really made for a beautiful addition to our wedding ceremony.

2017-06-08T09:22:02 Response from the vendor

We so loved celebrating with you Rachel! Thank you so much for including AVIVA Strings! Wishing you both so much love and happiness!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Ashley K

My husband and I booked AVIVA Strings to perform at our wedding June 3, 2017. From the very beginning of my corresponding back and forth with Jessica, I knew they would be great. She was timely with responding and answered all of the questions I had for her (and there were quite... Read More a few). She paid attention to detail and was very thorough to make sure our day was just as we had envisioned. We had a violinist and guitarist perform our ceremony, cocktail, and dinner. They were so elegant and sounded absolutely amazing, their sounds just flowed so well together. They played a variety of music, which was perfect. We also had custom arrangements played for our ceremony and our first dance, I couldn't have imagined it sounding any more beautiful. It made our special day all the more special. They were great to work with, from start to finish. We were very pleased with our decision of choosing AVIVA Strings to play at our wedding.

2017-06-08T09:23:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much Ashley! What an incredible day - we were so thrilled to be part of the celebration from beginning to end! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness together!!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Katherine D

AVIVA Strings made our daughter’s wedding celebration extraordinary. Their service was very professional. They were a pleasure to work with, friendly, and made planning very easy. We had their jazz trio for the reception and received many compliments. We really appreciated the... Read More atmosphere and class the live trio added and their music was perfect. They sounded amazing! We were very impressed and satisfied.

2017-06-08T09:22:24 Response from the vendor

We were so honored and excited to be part of Hannah & Chris' amazing day!! Thank you for these kind words!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Karley K

My husband and I are so pleased we chose AVIVA Strings to play at our ceremony. Your music is elegant and beautiful. Everyone enjoyed listening to you! You're easy to work with and that is exactly what I needed being an overwhelmed bride. It was so nice to meet you all Saturday... Read More and I recommend everyone to you!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Amy H

We recently had a string quartet from Aviva Strings perform at our wedding ceremony, and I cannot even put into words how amazing they made our wedding day. The music was so beautiful and added such a nice touch to our ceremony. My husband and I were extremely happy, and all of... Read More our guests complimented us on our music choice. Jessica was fantastic to work with. She made everything so easy for us and was so professional. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Jacqueline S

When you are the parents of the bride, you hope to hire vendors whom you can trust to make the day magical and Aviva Strings set the perfect mood for our daughter's wedding. We only had one request - the bride wished to walk down the aisle to Canon in D - otherwise we trusted... Read More the musicians to select the music and their selections created the traditional, classical mood we were hoping for. The piano music during the following cocktail hour was modern, upbeat and fun! Jessica was wonderful to deal with - very quick to respond to emails and answer questions. I highly recommend Aviva Strings.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Alex F

Only great things can be said about AVIVA Strings performance during our wedding. Extremely easy to work with and responds to questions in timely fashion. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Jennifer H

Great company, easy to work with. So happy I found them. Musician was awesome!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Janelle P

Aviva Strings were amazing at our wedding ceremony! This was the second time we used them for an event and we will continue to use them in the future! Thank you Jessica for making our day even more special!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Joan P

I hired a violin soloist for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They helped me to choose music for ceremony-it was truly helpful .The soloist did a beautiful job!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Amy W

Seriously the easiest vendor to work with. Jessica was prompt in sending out questionnaires and contracts to get us situated, I couldn't believe it was that simple!!!! I didn't get to meet our musicians the day of our wedding, but the music was perfect for our little chapel! I... Read More will definitely use AVIVA Strings again in the future! Thank you all for your professionalism and beautiful music! Amy & Chad Wineland

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Bailey G

Aviva Strings helped me out when I was in a major bind. My original musician cancelled 2 weeks before my wedding. I reached out to Jessica at Aviva Strings because my venue works closely with her company. With only 2 weeks left before my wedding she found us an incredible... Read More violinist to play our ceremony music. Jessica was super quick to respond and reliable. I was very pleased with how beautifully the musician played and so relieved it worked out for the better!! They have an amazing list of songs to choose from. Can't wait to watch our wedding video so I can relive it all again.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Barbara

AVIVA Strings were Excellent! Very accommodating and amazing music. HIGHLY Recommend.