Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Indian, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

11814 Kirkbriar Dr., Houston, TX (281) 827-7528

Best DJ ever!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014

My fiance and I were looking for some one who was professional, punctual, and fun. That's what we got and more! Sam is wonderful, he is very professional, will make sure you are ready for your big day. Our guests loved him, he is very approachable and he played songs that WE... Read More enjoy. He was our second wedding coordinator, he took the time to help us make and go over our timeline. He is a perfectionist, which speaking from a bride's point of view, that is very much appreciated! You want your day to be perfect. He is punctual and devotes all his time to make your Dream Wedding a reality. We loved having him as our DJ!!

It's in the title--AWESOME

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Natalia V

We hired Awesome Music Entertainment for our wedding and it was absolutely one of the best decisions we made. Not only did DJ Sammy do a fantastic job on our wedding day (including some improvisation), but the planning process leading up to it was incredibly thorough. He did his... Read More best working with us on our budget and would give us practical wedding advice too when we wanted it. He did a really good job easing any concerns. We had so much fun at our reception and so did our guests, which was our aim. Many of them approached us and commented on how much fun they had. AND, for any bilingual brides/grooms, he made our reception completely bilingual, accommodating our Spanish/English speaking families. You will not regret hiring him for your wedding!

Great Job!

Reviewed on 4/18/2014 Henry R

Compared to all the other wedding vendors, Awesome Music Entertainment did the best job detailing the services that would be provided and following through at the wedding reception. DJ Sammy also worked great with the other vendors!

Professionl Music Entertainment Services!

Reviewed on 4/18/2014 Eduardo P

Samuel did an excellent job in our wedding and I recommend him for any event you are planning. He has a lot of experience in what he does which is very important when you are organizing an event. He provided us with feedback that helped us to create our dreamed wedding. Best;... Read More Dr. Eduardo Perez

Khris and Nikki's Wedding

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 Nikki H

We used Sam for our wedding and reception in October, and he did an absolutely amazing job! We really didn't have a coordinator, but he stepped up and basically helped organize our entire event. He made sure he knew exactly what we wanted, and met with us multiple times to knock... Read More out all the little details you don't really think about. He did such a good job at the actual wedding, the ceremony flowed smoothly and he accommodated or live singers and guitar players, and the sound and volume was spot on! At the reception, our dance floor was FULL the entire night! We had a six hour reception and people were so bummed when the last song came on, they didn't want the wedding to end! Let me tell you, as the bride, having piece of mind about the ceremony and reception music and coordination is priceless! I got so many compliments on my wedding and reception, and I couldn't have done it without Sam! I would HIGHLY recommend Sam to anyone who wants a high quality DJ who actually cares about how your wedding and reception turns out!

David and Amber's Wedding

Reviewed on 1/25/2014

DJ Sammy did an amazing job. Not only was he the professional Disc Jockey at our wedding reception in addition to providing helpful ideas in structuring the layout of the reception hall. He puts his heart in soul in what he does. We give him a 6 star!!

The Best in Houston - Hands Down

Reviewed on 12/21/2013 Jacob W

All of the awards, reviews, everything is true. Sam was an outstanding DJ, but the amazing part of what he does is much more than a traditional DJ. He will meet with you THOROUGHLY. He will know your program better than you do, which is helpful during the chaos of the... Read More wedding. He will work with you on ANY special request or circumstance that you may have. He will respond by phone. He will respond by text. And most of all, he will put a great deal of love into your wedding, because it's what he loves to do. Yes, it sounds incredibly cheesy, but it's true. My wife and I were out of the country for two straight months before our wedding. In Europe. Without cell phone reception. Arriving back two days before our wedding. Sounds like a recipe for disaster, right? Wrong. Sam proved to be not only responsive, but a downright lifesaver. He emailed us frequently. When we randomly had cell phone reception on a mountain, there was a text waiting for us, letting us know that he was taking care of everything - calling people involved in the wedding, making sure that things were getting done, doing everything that we couldn't really do ourselves from the other side of the ocean. In addition, he helped us design the most unique and amazing reception intro that I've ever seen. He even included a recording that we sent him while we were in Europe, spending hours upon hours to make sure it was right. His dedication is unreal. The day of the wedding, Sam was superb. Of course, he had already talked to the photographer, caterer, you name it in order to coordinate things behind the scenes. When we were unsure of something for the reception, Sam would take care of it. And come the actual reception, our guests were on their feet, dancing, and having an amazing time. Absolutely best value. Absolutely best, money aside. I couldn't have imagined a more professional, warm, and positive person to have as a part of your wedding.

DJ Sammy is truly AWESOME!

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Gladys L

Brides/Grooms, do not underestimate how important your DJ/Emcee is to you wedding day. If you know exactly what you want or even if you don't have a clue and need someone to help you get organized, call DJ Sammy. From the moment my fiance and I met DJ Sammy we knew he was... Read More PROFESSIONAL, passionate and truly cared about making our dreams come true on our wedding day. He is thorough and goes above and beyond what you can expect. He sits down with you and listens to your vision, makes very helpful suggestions and then puts it all together in a very organized and detailed outline, that even our venue coordinator was impressed with. DJ Sammy made sure that we were on time and worked with all of my vendors to make sure there would be no hick ups. Honestly I didn't have to worry about a thing, my fiance and I just relaxed and had FUN with our family and friends. Not only did DJ Sammy provide the sound system, microphones and music for a beautiful outdoor ceremony but also for the FUN cocktail hour and ballroom reception entertainment. He even arrived extra early to perform a sound check with our ceremony vocalist. I specifically wanted a TRUE bilingual DJ/Emcee and DJ Sammy was perfect. He kept out our culturally mixed crowd ENTERTAINED, INFORMED and HAPPY the whole evening. I truly appreciated that DJ Sammy was well dressed (tux or suit depending on your attire) and did not try to market himself during my wedding. He doesn't have to, his work speaks for itself. Everyone commented on how great he was!! Even one of my engaged friends that attended my wedding has now booked DJ Sammy for her wedding because she liked him so much. DJ Sammy is truly AWESOME! Gladys and Richard - 11-11-12 Wedding: 11/11/2012

Nyron and Sara Padilla

Reviewed on 8/17/2013

Even though there were some details left out in my wedding and it seem like we were running around like chickens w/o heads, but Sammy did an awesome job with the music. It felt like a fairy tale wedding! Him and his team are great.

Ariella and Zak's wedding

Reviewed on 8/15/2013

Not only myself personally but most of the guest at our daughter's wedding cannot say enough about Sammie from Awesome Music Entertainment.Not only did he work closely with us to pick the appropriate music, he educated us on wedding etiquette while making himself available... Read More whenever we needed him. A true professional that I'm proud to say has become a friend.When he told me don't worry about anything, when you get to the wedding your only job will be to sit back and enjoy your daughter's wedding...he wasn't lying. A man in charge and on top of all the little details, and also a Godly man! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Miriam and John

Terrible!!

Reviewed on 12/26/2011 Alejandra R

I was extremely disappointed!! Samuel sub-contracted the worst MC you can imagine. His lack of ability playing music and his lack of ability speaking to the audience was a nightmare. I would not reccommend him to anyone.

2014-04-18T18:01:23 Response from the vendor

Please Disregard This Review!!! This review was not written by a client and I have taken measures to have The Knot/Wedding Channel remove it.

Great!

Reviewed on 3/06/2011 Catherine S

Great DJ! Very personable and in tune with what we wanted. Kept everyone dancing when the should be; music not too loud during dinner. Everything went smoothly.