Relaxed Documentary Wedding Photographer

I love working with couples to provide an easy-going presence while shooting to capture beautiful and genuine moments. My background is in fine art, graphic design, and music photography. I have 12 years of professional experience as a photographer and 8 of those years have been shooting weddings. Digital packages are available from $1800. Custom packages available in Digital/Film/Polaroid.

Artistic, Documentary, Modern, Vintage

Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Photo, Second Shooter Available

Pacific Northwest and Beyond

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Shara L

Aya is an amazing photographer and I highly recommend her work. Her candid and documentary-style photos are exactly what my husband and I were looking for. She captures emotion, and the human element of an event so well. Aya took photos for our engagement as well as our wedding... Read More day. After getting our engagement photos back, I realized that I wanted more posed portraits. Aya was very receptive to my request, so we ended up with some killer portraits on our wedding day. So happy about that. Leading up to the wedding, Aya was a pleasure to work with. She is prompt to meetings, responsible, and knowledgable. She made sure that she understood the details of our timeline. This really put me at ease.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Danielle T

I can't say enough good things about Aya's professionalism and quality of work! I knew from reviewing her portfolio that Aya's photography is beautiful. What I didn't expect was how totally amazing she would make my husband and I look in our wedding photos! She really captured... Read More the spirit of our friends, our families, and our wedding day. When we started working together I felt more than a little oblivious to the ins and outs of wedding photography, and Aya went out of her way to make us feel comfortable, ask questions about our aesthetic, and provide any info we asked for. Thanks to Aya's direction and coordinating, our photography was the one thing I didn't worry about during the planning process. Like we'd heard, our wedding day zoomed by in a total blur. Getting our photos and seeing not only our favorite parts of the day, but also a ton of small, beautiful moments that happened around us was so amazing. Thank you Aya!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Alex E

Aya was absolutely wonderful! She photographed both portions of our wedding. A ceremony downtown Seattle and a reception a couple of months later on Whidbey Island. I do not like a lot of posed pictures. She really understood this and was great at moving through the crowd and at... Read More capturing more of the candid moments I love. She fit seamlessly into our vision and delivered in every way we wanted. I also really appreciated her technical skills and keen eye, which captured some truly special moments. She actually made both of our events prettier in picture than they were in real-life. Aya is so easy to work with. I thought her contract was straight-forward and fair. At both of the events she had a calming, relaxed presence that put everyone at ease. I got a lot of compliments directed toward her from my guests who recognized her easy and comfortable approach. Our photos are amazing and it is so hard to choose my favorites. I would highly recommend her as a photographer!

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 Holly D

Aya is an incredible photographer! We were so happy with our photos and she captured everything perfectly. She was very non-obtrusive and we barely even knew she was there (in a good way). She is very professional and did a good job dealing with our big family when it came time... Read More for those photos. All I can say is that there is simply no way you could ever regret having Aya as your photographer!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016

Aya is an incredible photographer and I will continue to ask her to photograph any and every important event in the future. She is professional, she knows how to work with all different venues, settings, weather, lighting, etc. She was hidden and sneaky all through out our... Read More wedding ceremony and yet somehow she was in the perfect position to capture all of the candid moments that mean so much to us. She worked really well with our wedding party, our families, and our guests. She truly captured the whole wedding day and as I look through all of our photos I don't feel that anything is missing! Her style is very natural and genuine, and I feel like her photos portray my husband and I perfectly. I HIGHLY recommend hiring Aya for your wedding!

Not Your Average Wedding Photos

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Ashley M

Aya is an artist! With little input from my husband and I, Aya was able to see our vision and bring it to life within our photos! She flew under the radar taking beautiful candid shots while also available to manage our unruly families into great group photos. It was truly a... Read More pleasure to have her at our intimate wedding, she felt like part of the family!

Beautiful Memories

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Aleta C

Aya did an amazing job capturing the wedding. My husband and I are more casual, our wedding was a blast, and the photos reflect our true selves. She didn't force us into any crazy poses or use any weird filters-the photos look natural (but adjusted and all to be beautiful AND... Read More natural) and she captured the moments I wanted to see and ones I wasn't able to since us brides are always running around! She is professional, friendly, and VERY talented-I couldn't recommend her enough!

Everything you can ask for

Reviewed on 10/01/2014

Aya did an absolutely fantastic job for my wife and I. She was professional in all areas while maintaining a relaxed persona that helped all aspects of our wedding photography. Aya was prompt in communication, on time (early, actually), graceful when we weren't on time. She... Read More edited the photo in a timely manner, which is great when you just got married and can't wait to see the photos. Aya did what is most important: she captured us for who we really are. We were thrilled with out photos and constantly look back at them to remember our wedding. One of her best perks that you can just find anywhere is that she's even better with her film and Polaroid cameras than digital! I would recommend Aya to any friend.

Absolutely beautiful work

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Chelsea B

Aya did an amazing job of capturing our wedding day. She has a wonderful eye for composition and a beautiful aesthetic. We loved working with her and would absolutely recommend her.

Aya Tiffany Sato

Polaroid and film enthusiast. Beer and hockey lover.