Classical, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Seattle, WA (206) 406-2929

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Morgan Y

We had heard all over that Bamboo Beats was the best and everyone was right! Jojo and Isaac are amazing and were so wonderful every time we met with them, they knew our venue and were able to accommodate exactly what I wanted in terms of a dance floor area. Dancing is definitely... Read More not the priority for my husband and I when we go to weddings but that dance floor was totally packed (for our small wedding!) and people were loving everything Isaac played. He was able to seamlessly work in the 80s hair band hits I love and the pop music that had everyone jumping around! It was just a fantastic party from start to finish!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Tamara A

AS a local wedding planner, I know when Bamboo Beats is involved, it's going to be a GOOD wedding! They are always organized, thorough, and I just adore Jojo. I have worked with several of their DJ's and they ALL deliver a packed dance floor, great vibes, on time days, and great... Read More MC'ing etc. I highly recommend them to all of my couples, and anyone getting married! ALWAYS a great time!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Hannah F

Bamboo Beats are SO great. Jojo and Issac are true professionals and so wonderful to work with. We were sold 20 minutes into our first meeting with them. They created a great party for us. The only thing stopping this from being a 5 star review were a few technical issues during... Read More the ceremony where the officiant's mic was fuzzy and there was some feedback on the processional music which they promptly fixed. Other than that the party was incredible and the team is amazing.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Edelyn R

When planning our wedding we were told to focus on 3 main things for an unforgettable day. Music was one of those things. Like most couples out there planning a wedding, we needed help. We did a lot of our own searching but always got really overwhelmed. We ended up hiring a... Read More wedding coordinator whom had Bamboo Beats on their preferred list, that and I had a niece that also kept recommending we work with them. We already knew they were great, since we saw them at the wedding show a month prior. So we ended up pulling the trigger and decided to push forward. From the very first meeting to our very last song of the wedding night. It felt like nothing but the best from Isaac and Jojo. Working with them put our minds at ease. Talking with them was always easy and personable. They are a great team, and genuinely great people who equally love what they do. I was afraid that having such a diverse wedding crowd of 200+ would be hard to please, but everything seemed to flow smoothly. From playing Cannon in D to take me down the isle, to soft lovey dovey songs during cocktail hour. Then to the reception where we had music playing everywhere from 90’s R&B, to traditional Laotian music, to the usual Filipino dance party songs lol, and then back to the top 40’s. It was just great!! The dance floor was always lively. It made us happy to see our guests happy. After the wedding we got so many compliments on how much fun everyone had, which was exactly what we wanted. Thank you Isaac, Jojo, and Bamboo Beats for pulling it off so seamlessly. We highly recommend them for your next musical needs! They really are the best you can get!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Billy H

Bamboo Beats is simply AMAZING!!!! Jojo and DJ Tecumseh aka Isaac were great to deal with from when we first met them at the wedding show in seattle to the private party event they held and hearing our friends rave about them, we knew we had made the right decision to create a... Read More partnership. We considered them family even before our big day. They flawlessly executed our wedding and we couldn’t imagine using anyone else. Everyone had a blast and loved the music that kept them dancing all night! We will end this with a quote from one of our guests, “my daughters don’t dance, but they danced the whole night because of the music.” Bamboo Beats is worth the investment to make your special day memorable for you and your guests.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Mariel I

I was thrilled with my experience with Bamboo Beats. They DJ'd my wedding on July 9, and so many guests said it was one of the most fun dance parties they'd ever had! Bamboo Beats excels at precise attention to detail. We started our relationship via an initial meeting, which... Read More the co-owner and proposed DJ came extremely prepared for. We ended up going with that DJ, and he alleviated so many of my concerns with choosing someone without being at one of their events by HAND MIXING some song specifically for my husband and I. After booking, Bamboo Beats followed up with, again, an extremely high level of attention to detail. They were meticulous about my song requests, my "do not play" list, which specific artist I was referring to when I mentioned a particular song, etc. They also connected me with a phenomenal lighting company to accompany the decor. The week before my wedding, the co-owner, JoJo, called me to go through every minute detail one more time. She ensured the DJ had good pronunciation of names, that we had a song for each part of every event, and that placement of the booth was exactly how we wanted it. Not a detail was overlooked. Most importantly, the wedding itself was flawlessly executed by Bamboo Beats. The DJ had a perfect balance of announcing transitions so the night went smoothly, but letting the music speak for itself and not speaking over it for no reason. The mixing was flawless and he kept to the feel we wanted. Guests were dancing until 2am at which point I had to beg him to play the last song because it wasn't looking like anyone wanted to leave and we were ready to go to bed!! :) Overall, I highly recommend Bamboo Beats and WD4D, the DJ who we chose, for your wedding or any other event that requires attention to detail and phenomenal DJing!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Julia A

Bamboo Beats was such a blast at our wedding! They stayed true to the songs on our "must play" list and also added other songs that worked great with the overall theme we were going for. We made quite a few last minute changes to our music itinerary document and Jojo and DJ... Read More Tecumseh were both very flexible and accepting of our changes. I was actually afraid one of the changes I requested wouldn't be made (I made it the morning of the wedding) but they surprised me by actually making the change; I was so impressed! The price was well worth it and we are so glad we hired Bamboo Beats as the DJ for our wedding!

Reviewed on 3/05/2016 Benjamin N

My wife and I had a very positive experience with Jojo and Isaac at Bamboo beats. The planning process was easy and solid. We live in a different city and setup a face to face meeting to get to know Isaac and talk about the process. They were very organized, with forms to... Read More fill out. They asked all of the right questions about the logistics and allowed us to fill out song preferences. I appreciate that I was able to define the direction of the music and Isaac connected the dots will with other similar music. The actual performance (ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, dancing) was magical and perfect and covered the range of classical, swing jazz, country, heavy metal, EDM, and opera. We are very happy with the planning process, sound & lighting equipment, communication with Jojo, logistics setup the day-of, and of course the DJ performance itself.

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Carla R

We couldn't be happier with our experience with Bamboo Beats. I work in the wedding industry myself, and have worked alongside Jojo and Isaac on many weddings. They'd proven their professionalism countless times over, so booking them for my own wedding was one of the easiest... Read More decisions in the whole planning process. As a bonus, they were also palpably excited to be working with us, which was so refreshing! (No jaded-old-wedding-pro stuff here; these people really love what they do and each client is a fresh opportunity for them.) We were really thrilled that Isaac, aka DJ Tecumseh (the co-founder and principal DJ) was actually available for our wedding date. Score! Email communication was consistently friendly and efficient, and the worksheets we were given to help refine our music choices were incredibly helpful and thorough. DJ Tecumseh's adaptability and calm demeanor is the icing on the cake. He worked seamlessly alongside our musician friend Jon, who played live jazz piano during parts of the ceremony and during the post-ceremony cocktail hour. So, we needed our DJ to play during pre-ceremony cocktails, during dinner, and then for a couple hours of dancing. The complicating factor was that our ceremony was outdoors and our reception indoors; this presented no problem to Bamboo Beats -- they simply set up additional speakers outside, and everything sounded perfect throughout the day, regardless of locale. Dinner ran quite a bit later than expected on our timeline, so the first dances and the rest of the party had a delayed start -- again, no problem for Tecumseh; he took it all in his stride and got everyone on their feet with some *perfect* and danceworthy tunes right from the outset. We didn't have a long list of song requests for the dance party itself, but there were still a few on there that were favorites. Tecumseh managed to streamline them all perfectly into the overall mix of soul and funk that he spun for us. We still chuckle about the fact that my husband's cousin, who had had back surgery not long before our wedding, was still partying hard, walking cane and all! Our only regret is that we hired them until 11pm, when we could've easily kept dancing for another hour. Once the last song had played, all the guests trickled home and Isaac and Jojo were starting to pack up their equipment. At this point, my husband and I were so jacked up on all the energy from the day that there was no way we'd be going to sleep soon, so we sat down and hung out with Jojo and Isaac for a few minutes. They chatted with us about the day and told us little stories of what the wedding was like from their perspective. It was so neat to have that little nugget of downtime with them, and it shows not only how personable and generous they both are, but also how easy it is to be around them! It was such a pleasure to work with a team like Jojo and Isaac. They really made our wedding complete; the music kicked ass and their service was world class. We recommend them wholeheartedly!

Bamboo Beats is the BEST

Reviewed on 9/23/2015

We hired Bamboo Beats based on our experience with them at a friends wedding. Both my Bride and I noted, as guests at that wedding, that neither of us had ever danced so much, or so enthusiastically at another wedding. Based on that we chose to hire Issac and Jojo for our... Read More own wedding a year later. Both Issac and Jojo were professional, responsive, and as enthusiastic about our wedding as we were. I cannot say enough good things about them both, their equipment, and the overall experience. They made the reception, and kept the dance floor packed for guests of all ages all night. If you are in Seattle (or the greater metro area) there is no reason to hire anyone else. Thank you Issac and Jojo, you truly helped make the night unforgettable.

Fantastic Experience!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015

Jojo and Isaac provided an experience neither we will never forget! Our biggest fear going in to the wedding was the fickle nature of our guests and their motivation to stay out on the dance floor; Isaac's beats kept everyone on the floor and dancing until the very end!... Read More Professional and courteous from the very beginning, Jojo made our experience easy to manage and ensured everything was a stress free as possible!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Stephanie C

Bamboo Beats was our only choice for our wedding DJ. Jojo was so incredibly responsive. Isaac was professional and informative. DJ Cues rocked the house at the reception. We have friends who still ask for a repeat of the wedding so they can dance all over again. We couldn't be... Read More happier with our choice!

Bamboo Beats cannot be beaten!

Reviewed on 3/25/2015

These guys are the best DJ's around. Everything from their customized approach to ensuring your event is how you envision it to the organization they demonstrate upon your initial consultation tells you they're passionate about what they do and complete professionals. For... Read More our wedding, DJ Cues put together 3 awesome playlists for the cocktail hour, dinner and the post dinner party. DJ Cues was easily able to size up the crowd and played music that kept all of our 100+ guests on the dance floor all night. I simply cannot say enough good things about Cues and Bamboo Beats. If you're booking vendors for your wedding, you owe it to yourself to at least meet with these guys!

Professional and Excellent

Reviewed on 12/23/2014 Cami H

Bamboo Beats was the perfect choice for our wedding. We wanted dancing to be the focus of our reception and thanks to the help of DJ Cue and his wife, our guests danced the night away. Joanna and the rest of the staff were professional and responsive throughout the entire... Read More planning process. They took all of our requests and made them happen seamlessly. Our wedding would not have been the same without Bamboo Beats!

Awesome as advertised!

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Jillian A

DJ Cues and Rubbie from Bamboo Beats absolutely rocked our wedding! From start to end, the music was excellent, and several guests commented that it was the best music they'd heard at a wedding. They were very professional and easy to work with, and worked extra hard to make... Read More sure everything was set up in time (we had very limited time before the wedding to get ready). We went with the video package, primarily so we could have pictures showing during dinner -- and it turned out to be a great decision! The videos accompanying the old school dance hits were so much fun, and it was a crowd favorite. Bamboo beats was not the lowest bidder of the DJs we looked at, but they are worth every penny in value! I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Bamboo Beats Gave us GREAT Dance Party

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Julia Q

We had DJ Cues for our August 2nd wedding. Him and Ruby were so fantastic. Our only regret was that we only hired them until 10, because people would have kept dancing till midnight if we had let them. We worked with JoJo to get everything situated before the big day, and... Read More then met with DJ Cues a week or so before the wedding. I couldn't think of a genre for cocktail hour and dinner, and DJ Cues suggested rat pack, which was absolutely perfect, and I couldn't believe I didn't think about it before. JoJo gave us suggestions for our entrance song and a final song, all of which were very helpful. We did uplighting, which I highly recommend if they wedding goes into the night. DJ Cues was a great MC. We gave him things to say and part of it, we just let him go with it, and he was great! We would highly recommend Bamboo Beats for any wedding!

Music is VERY important to us. Bamboo Beats nailed it!

Reviewed on 4/14/2014 Cameron T

After reading previous reviews for Bamboo Beats and meeting with DJ Cues, it's no surprise that people are still talking about the dance floor of our wedding night. It was the perfect choice for us!! We were very particular about the music we wanted played during the ceremony... Read More and cocktail hour. Not only did DJ Cues mix our music perfectly, but he found the perfect compliments to our chosen music to set just the right mood. My mother wanted to do a goofy, choreographed mother/son dance ('cupid shuffle' and 'crank that' - hah!) so Cues mixed a special medley for us and sent me an mp3 ahead of time to let us practice -- allowing us to look _slightly_ less foolish. I thought that was a really nice thing to do for us. Once the dancing started, we asked for his expertise to guide the night, and it was packed and raging the entire time. It was perfect!! Highly recommend Bamboo Beats and DJ Cues for your wedding.

Simply Fabulous!!! The Best!!!

Reviewed on 1/09/2014 laura r

Wow! What a fabulous evening you created for Truc and John. We could not have been more pleased. I think you are an asset that no wedding should be without. Our caterer told us not to let anyone talk us into any other DJ. It had to be Bamboo Beats and ignore other... Read More recommendations. She was right on. It is obvious that you have done many events. The suggestions you had for getting guests on the dance floor were brilliant. We had an older couple say that they were sore the following day saying they hadn't danced like that since they were 18. We had nothing but positive comments from all of our guests. You were perfect and did a great job reading the crowd. The dancing was the perfect length of time (thanks to your recommendation), the music was perfect and the overall party feel was perfect. I loved Jojo. She was so helpful keeping us on schedule and making sure everything flowed perfectly. She was almost like the evening event coordinator. Nothing but positive comments for you. Thanks for making this quickly planned event magical,

Top-notch DJ service and awesome party starter!

Reviewed on 1/02/2014 Ellisa B

Securing Bamboo Beats for my wedding was the best decision I made to guarantee a successful wedding day. I selected Bamboo Beats for my wedding because they have a great reputation for getting the party started and also reading the crowd. I also like that they are not a “push a... Read More button on a laptop” DJ – they use turntables to mix songs together seamlessly - basically the real deal. From the start they were easy to work. I appreciate that they take the time to thoroughly understand your vision for your wedding day and your audience. I had some particular music cues I needed them to hit, and they executed them better than I had pictured in my head. Honestly, I don’t think of myself of a huge dancer without some liquid courage…but two seconds into the reception I couldn’t hold back. And neither could my guests – young and old. I had a couple song requests, and they took over the rest with absolute perfection. Huge success. Everyone is still talking about awesome my DJ was.

Bamboo Beats

Reviewed on 10/31/2013 Jess A

WOW...what can I say about Bamboo Beats!?! They were simply amazing to work with and truly professional. Our wedding was simply EPIC and we could not have done it with out them. Music was one of the most important things that we knew we had to be just right for our wedding.... Read More I've known DJ Tecemseh and his wife Jojo for 10+ years and have been a guest at other weddings they've DJ'd and known several others who have hired them. Besides that I've had the pleasure of working with them and enjoying their music at other events around Seattle. It's always a great experience knowing you're working with top talent and awesome people who know how to deliver! They traveled from Seattle to Half Moon Bay, CA to dj our event. You must be thinking that there are a ton of dope dj's here in The Bay Area that I could reach out to, but I knew I could trust none other than Bamboo Beats for our once in a lifetime event. DJ Tecumseh, Gumbeux and Cues were on point with everything from the music, lighting and MC'ing. How cool is video djing?!? They catered to the old and the young and made sure everyone had a great time while sticking to the timeline and improvising when things were off track. I can't thank you all enough for giving us the wedding music of our dreams! :)

Aims L.C.

Reviewed on 9/11/2013 Ami L

First off - Jojo communicates so efficiently any bride would be put at ease. DJ Cues and Rubbie were awesome! We did a lot of things ourself for our wedding but didn't want to take a chance with music. We got the package for the ceremony and reception. We had a lot of last... Read More minute changes to manage but needless to say, the energy changed once the music started. They kept everyone calm with great music and very positive attitudes :0) DJ Cues and Rubbie brought all of their experience with them, paid attention to fine details, and offered help when needed. Rubbie actually decorated our impromptu metal arch with flowers! I felt like I'd known them for years, yet they were extremely professional. My side of the family is from South FL, Chicago, and Atlanta. My husband's side is from CA and WA. Everyone was impressed, happy, and groovin right along. The mood and music went hand in hand. I'm so glad we went with Bamboo Beats. I will always remember where I was, who I was with, and how I felt when the music started.

Amazing DJ!

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 TJ M

Isaac kept our party rolling all night! It was one of the best dance parties I have ever attended and I heard similar sentiments from many of our guests. After all the traditional formalities, we wanted a true dance party, and he was able to provide just that. He was great at... Read More reading the crowd and adjusting and mixing the music accordingly. Everyone was blown away. The lead up to the wedding was equally impressive. Isaac and JoJo are a great team who know how to ask the right questions and come prepared. They are incredibly professional while also making a personal connection. We felt really comfortable working with them and sharing our thoughts about music preferences. The reception went so smoothly much thanks to Bamboo Beats and the excellent MC-ing that took place at our wedding. The communication before and during the wedding was perfect and the music was a huge hit. We would recommend Bamboo Beats to anyone looking to throw a great celebration.

Greatest DJ's!

Reviewed on 5/26/2013 Pam S

Bamboo Beats Dj'd our wedding at the end of April and they were fantastic. We are so lucky to have found JoJo and Isaac. They are such a great pair and do such a great job. They are both very personable and willing to do anything that makes your special day the best it can be.... Read More The uprights were awesome.. All the music and the videos were awesome. My husband asked Isaac to play the Monday night NFL song when he did the garter toss, at the last minute and Isaac was able to do it. We always recommend Bamboo Beats to anyone that is getting married or having a big party. They are just so awesome, words can't express. Thank you JoJo and Isaac! We are SO lucky to have you share our special day!

Guests are still talking about it.

Reviewed on 1/20/2013 Mary D

All of my guests said that Bamboo Beats was the best DJ they had ever heard at a wedding. It was the perfect balance between making sure that everything kept moving and playing awesome music. He read the crowd perfectly and everyone had a great time in large part because of the... Read More music.

Bamboo Beats is great!

Reviewed on 11/19/2012 Christina C

We used Bamboo Beats for our wedding on 10/26/2012. They were fantastic! Music was great and they kept the event moving all night long. They were so friendly and easy to work with and always responded quickly to my emails. We met several times prior to our wedding and they... Read More were so helpful planning the evening’s timeline. I was also having trouble finding the right music for our ceremony but, Jojo came to the rescue! Bamboo Beats is fantastic and I would highly recommend them.