Classical, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Seattle, WA (206) 406-2929

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Omar H

First class DJs. Could not have asked for a better team to work with. We got the video package with the massive projector screen and it was well worth it. Having gone through the begrudging process of looking for trusted, high-quality, personable vendors let me save you a ton of... Read More time and anxiety -- just hire Bamboo Beats.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Chelsea N

WE LOVED BAMBOO BEATS! Jojo and Isaac were the dream team! We instantly felt a connection at our initial meeting and it only got better from then! They killed it at our reception! We loved all the music they played and they definitely know how to get the party started and keep... Read More the party going! Our dance floor was packed all night long till the very last song! (and we had almost 4 hours of dancing at our reception) They became like friends to us in the end and we couldn't have been happier! They have our highest praise and recommendation!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Lexi A

Bamboo Beats was great! They set up a pre-meeting so that you can go over alllll the songs you could ever want. Our DJ hit all of our musical cues (and there were several) and helped us manage the flow of our evening. I would definitely hire them again!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Catherine S

True professionals. They took our list of music and crafted an evening that really captured the vibe that we wanted. DJ Tecumseh (Isaac) played the songs that we loved that weren't even on the list, by "reading through the lines" of our music. They worked so smoothly with the... Read More venue and our coordinator. The uplighting and the video screens really added to experience, without being overwhelming in the venue. They will make your event!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Kaila D

Bamboo Beats was the easiest decision we made in our wedding planning. They truly are the best and I wouldn't think twice about hiring them for anything. Jojo & DJ Tecumseh took care of every single need & request my husband and I had. We also requested a more atypical flow for... Read More the evening than most vendors are used to and Jojo, who planned it all with me, took it all in stride and made the evening work out perfectly. We also gave a decent amount of very particular song & vibe requests and were not let down - DJ Tecumseh put on the best dance party we could have asked for. All of our family & friends raved about how good our DJ was at reading the room & keeping the energy up all night. Thank you Isaac & Jojo for making our wedding night everything we wanted!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Jen T

JoJo and Issac were awesome! They really are the full package when it comes to weddings! We did not have to worry about anything, and they even made us a really cool slideshow that everyone loved. The flat screens that we got for each side of the room really made things look... Read More modern and clean. It also saved alot of room for our reception area. I loved how they were so on point with timelines and made sure we went over it several times to make sure we were all on the same page before the big day. I highly recommend them for weddings, they made our day awesome and got so many compliments on how great the music was all night!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Stephanie R

Jojo and Isaac were awesome!!! They were so easy to work with and did an amazing job! Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Kathryn G

Jojo and Isaac were great! Their pre-wedding form/sheet is SO helpful. It really actually helped me with my entire day of timeline too! I had so much fun picking out all the songs and looking at what music would be when. They were very reasonable in terms of negotiations and how... Read More this would all come together. They were on time, did exactly what I asked, were very friendly and respectful of the venue. Everyone loved the music and the whole evening really flowed well! Thanks again guys!!!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Taylor W

DJ WD4D was INCREDIBLE! He kept the party going, playing the best of the best! We will be recommending him and Bamboo Beats to ALL of our couples, because he made our job as wedding planners run nice and smooth!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Morgan Y

We had heard all over that Bamboo Beats was the best and everyone was right! Jojo and Isaac are amazing and were so wonderful every time we met with them, they knew our venue and were able to accommodate exactly what I wanted in terms of a dance floor area. Dancing is definitely... Read More not the priority for my husband and I when we go to weddings but that dance floor was totally packed (for our small wedding!) and people were loving everything Isaac played. He was able to seamlessly work in the 80s hair band hits I love and the pop music that had everyone jumping around! It was just a fantastic party from start to finish!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Tamara A

AS a local wedding planner, I know when Bamboo Beats is involved, it's going to be a GOOD wedding! They are always organized, thorough, and I just adore Jojo. I have worked with several of their DJ's and they ALL deliver a packed dance floor, great vibes, on time days, and great... Read More MC'ing etc. I highly recommend them to all of my couples, and anyone getting married! ALWAYS a great time!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Hannah F

Bamboo Beats are SO great. Jojo and Issac are true professionals and so wonderful to work with. We were sold 20 minutes into our first meeting with them. They created a great party for us. The only thing stopping this from being a 5 star review were a few technical issues during... Read More the ceremony where the officiant's mic was fuzzy and there was some feedback on the processional music which they promptly fixed. Other than that the party was incredible and the team is amazing.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Edelyn R

When planning our wedding we were told to focus on 3 main things for an unforgettable day. Music was one of those things. Like most couples out there planning a wedding, we needed help. We did a lot of our own searching but always got really overwhelmed. We ended up hiring a... Read More wedding coordinator whom had Bamboo Beats on their preferred list, that and I had a niece that also kept recommending we work with them. We already knew they were great, since we saw them at the wedding show a month prior. So we ended up pulling the trigger and decided to push forward. From the very first meeting to our very last song of the wedding night. It felt like nothing but the best from Isaac and Jojo. Working with them put our minds at ease. Talking with them was always easy and personable. They are a great team, and genuinely great people who equally love what they do. I was afraid that having such a diverse wedding crowd of 200+ would be hard to please, but everything seemed to flow smoothly. From playing Cannon in D to take me down the isle, to soft lovey dovey songs during cocktail hour. Then to the reception where we had music playing everywhere from 90’s R&B, to traditional Laotian music, to the usual Filipino dance party songs lol, and then back to the top 40’s. It was just great!! The dance floor was always lively. It made us happy to see our guests happy. After the wedding we got so many compliments on how much fun everyone had, which was exactly what we wanted. Thank you Isaac, Jojo, and Bamboo Beats for pulling it off so seamlessly. We highly recommend them for your next musical needs! They really are the best you can get!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Billy H

Bamboo Beats is simply AMAZING!!!! Jojo and DJ Tecumseh aka Isaac were great to deal with from when we first met them at the wedding show in seattle to the private party event they held and hearing our friends rave about them, we knew we had made the right decision to create a... Read More partnership. We considered them family even before our big day. They flawlessly executed our wedding and we couldn’t imagine using anyone else. Everyone had a blast and loved the music that kept them dancing all night! We will end this with a quote from one of our guests, “my daughters don’t dance, but they danced the whole night because of the music.” Bamboo Beats is worth the investment to make your special day memorable for you and your guests.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Mariel I

I was thrilled with my experience with Bamboo Beats. They DJ'd my wedding on July 9, and so many guests said it was one of the most fun dance parties they'd ever had! Bamboo Beats excels at precise attention to detail. We started our relationship via an initial meeting, which... Read More the co-owner and proposed DJ came extremely prepared for. We ended up going with that DJ, and he alleviated so many of my concerns with choosing someone without being at one of their events by HAND MIXING some song specifically for my husband and I. After booking, Bamboo Beats followed up with, again, an extremely high level of attention to detail. They were meticulous about my song requests, my "do not play" list, which specific artist I was referring to when I mentioned a particular song, etc. They also connected me with a phenomenal lighting company to accompany the decor. The week before my wedding, the co-owner, JoJo, called me to go through every minute detail one more time. She ensured the DJ had good pronunciation of names, that we had a song for each part of every event, and that placement of the booth was exactly how we wanted it. Not a detail was overlooked. Most importantly, the wedding itself was flawlessly executed by Bamboo Beats. The DJ had a perfect balance of announcing transitions so the night went smoothly, but letting the music speak for itself and not speaking over it for no reason. The mixing was flawless and he kept to the feel we wanted. Guests were dancing until 2am at which point I had to beg him to play the last song because it wasn't looking like anyone wanted to leave and we were ready to go to bed!! :) Overall, I highly recommend Bamboo Beats and WD4D, the DJ who we chose, for your wedding or any other event that requires attention to detail and phenomenal DJing!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Julia A

Bamboo Beats was such a blast at our wedding! They stayed true to the songs on our "must play" list and also added other songs that worked great with the overall theme we were going for. We made quite a few last minute changes to our music itinerary document and Jojo and DJ... Read More Tecumseh were both very flexible and accepting of our changes. I was actually afraid one of the changes I requested wouldn't be made (I made it the morning of the wedding) but they surprised me by actually making the change; I was so impressed! The price was well worth it and we are so glad we hired Bamboo Beats as the DJ for our wedding!

Reviewed on 3/05/2016 Benjamin N

My wife and I had a very positive experience with Jojo and Isaac at Bamboo beats. The planning process was easy and solid. We live in a different city and setup a face to face meeting to get to know Isaac and talk about the process. They were very organized, with forms to... Read More fill out. They asked all of the right questions about the logistics and allowed us to fill out song preferences. I appreciate that I was able to define the direction of the music and Isaac connected the dots will with other similar music. The actual performance (ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, dancing) was magical and perfect and covered the range of classical, swing jazz, country, heavy metal, EDM, and opera. We are very happy with the planning process, sound & lighting equipment, communication with Jojo, logistics setup the day-of, and of course the DJ performance itself.

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Carla R

We couldn't be happier with our experience with Bamboo Beats. I work in the wedding industry myself, and have worked alongside Jojo and Isaac on many weddings. They'd proven their professionalism countless times over, so booking them for my own wedding was one of the easiest... Read More decisions in the whole planning process. As a bonus, they were also palpably excited to be working with us, which was so refreshing! (No jaded-old-wedding-pro stuff here; these people really love what they do and each client is a fresh opportunity for them.) We were really thrilled that Isaac, aka DJ Tecumseh (the co-founder and principal DJ) was actually available for our wedding date. Score! Email communication was consistently friendly and efficient, and the worksheets we were given to help refine our music choices were incredibly helpful and thorough. DJ Tecumseh's adaptability and calm demeanor is the icing on the cake. He worked seamlessly alongside our musician friend Jon, who played live jazz piano during parts of the ceremony and during the post-ceremony cocktail hour. So, we needed our DJ to play during pre-ceremony cocktails, during dinner, and then for a couple hours of dancing. The complicating factor was that our ceremony was outdoors and our reception indoors; this presented no problem to Bamboo Beats -- they simply set up additional speakers outside, and everything sounded perfect throughout the day, regardless of locale. Dinner ran quite a bit later than expected on our timeline, so the first dances and the rest of the party had a delayed start -- again, no problem for Tecumseh; he took it all in his stride and got everyone on their feet with some *perfect* and danceworthy tunes right from the outset. We didn't have a long list of song requests for the dance party itself, but there were still a few on there that were favorites. Tecumseh managed to streamline them all perfectly into the overall mix of soul and funk that he spun for us. We still chuckle about the fact that my husband's cousin, who had had back surgery not long before our wedding, was still partying hard, walking cane and all! Our only regret is that we hired them until 11pm, when we could've easily kept dancing for another hour. Once the last song had played, all the guests trickled home and Isaac and Jojo were starting to pack up their equipment. At this point, my husband and I were so jacked up on all the energy from the day that there was no way we'd be going to sleep soon, so we sat down and hung out with Jojo and Isaac for a few minutes. They chatted with us about the day and told us little stories of what the wedding was like from their perspective. It was so neat to have that little nugget of downtime with them, and it shows not only how personable and generous they both are, but also how easy it is to be around them! It was such a pleasure to work with a team like Jojo and Isaac. They really made our wedding complete; the music kicked ass and their service was world class. We recommend them wholeheartedly!

Bamboo Beats is the BEST

Reviewed on 9/23/2015

We hired Bamboo Beats based on our experience with them at a friends wedding. Both my Bride and I noted, as guests at that wedding, that neither of us had ever danced so much, or so enthusiastically at another wedding. Based on that we chose to hire Issac and Jojo for our... Read More own wedding a year later. Both Issac and Jojo were professional, responsive, and as enthusiastic about our wedding as we were. I cannot say enough good things about them both, their equipment, and the overall experience. They made the reception, and kept the dance floor packed for guests of all ages all night. If you are in Seattle (or the greater metro area) there is no reason to hire anyone else. Thank you Issac and Jojo, you truly helped make the night unforgettable.

Fantastic Experience!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015

Jojo and Isaac provided an experience neither we will never forget! Our biggest fear going in to the wedding was the fickle nature of our guests and their motivation to stay out on the dance floor; Isaac's beats kept everyone on the floor and dancing until the very end!... Read More Professional and courteous from the very beginning, Jojo made our experience easy to manage and ensured everything was a stress free as possible!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Stephanie C

Bamboo Beats was our only choice for our wedding DJ. Jojo was so incredibly responsive. Isaac was professional and informative. DJ Cues rocked the house at the reception. We have friends who still ask for a repeat of the wedding so they can dance all over again. We couldn't be... Read More happier with our choice!

Bamboo Beats cannot be beaten!

Reviewed on 3/25/2015

These guys are the best DJ's around. Everything from their customized approach to ensuring your event is how you envision it to the organization they demonstrate upon your initial consultation tells you they're passionate about what they do and complete professionals. For... Read More our wedding, DJ Cues put together 3 awesome playlists for the cocktail hour, dinner and the post dinner party. DJ Cues was easily able to size up the crowd and played music that kept all of our 100+ guests on the dance floor all night. I simply cannot say enough good things about Cues and Bamboo Beats. If you're booking vendors for your wedding, you owe it to yourself to at least meet with these guys!

Professional and Excellent

Reviewed on 12/23/2014 Cami H

Bamboo Beats was the perfect choice for our wedding. We wanted dancing to be the focus of our reception and thanks to the help of DJ Cue and his wife, our guests danced the night away. Joanna and the rest of the staff were professional and responsive throughout the entire... Read More planning process. They took all of our requests and made them happen seamlessly. Our wedding would not have been the same without Bamboo Beats!

Awesome as advertised!

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Jillian A

DJ Cues and Rubbie from Bamboo Beats absolutely rocked our wedding! From start to end, the music was excellent, and several guests commented that it was the best music they'd heard at a wedding. They were very professional and easy to work with, and worked extra hard to make... Read More sure everything was set up in time (we had very limited time before the wedding to get ready). We went with the video package, primarily so we could have pictures showing during dinner -- and it turned out to be a great decision! The videos accompanying the old school dance hits were so much fun, and it was a crowd favorite. Bamboo beats was not the lowest bidder of the DJs we looked at, but they are worth every penny in value! I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Bamboo Beats Gave us GREAT Dance Party

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Julia Q

We had DJ Cues for our August 2nd wedding. Him and Ruby were so fantastic. Our only regret was that we only hired them until 10, because people would have kept dancing till midnight if we had let them. We worked with JoJo to get everything situated before the big day, and... Read More then met with DJ Cues a week or so before the wedding. I couldn't think of a genre for cocktail hour and dinner, and DJ Cues suggested rat pack, which was absolutely perfect, and I couldn't believe I didn't think about it before. JoJo gave us suggestions for our entrance song and a final song, all of which were very helpful. We did uplighting, which I highly recommend if they wedding goes into the night. DJ Cues was a great MC. We gave him things to say and part of it, we just let him go with it, and he was great! We would highly recommend Bamboo Beats for any wedding!