Playing favorites from 1940s to Today!

Orpheus and Aphrodite presents Band of Gold--a 6-piece (or more) band of professional musicians dedicated to outstanding entertainment for your wedding. Playing your favorites from Elvis to Outkast, Etta James to Rick James, they will customize playlists, MC and coordinate events.

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music

1945 Tribble Valley Dr., Lawrenceville, GA Greater Atlanta (770) 778-1645

Reviewed on 2/10/2016 Catherine H

Loved having BOG at my wedding. Kris was so timely in answering any emails I sent his way. Went to an open house before booking and knew they would be amazing. The 7 piece band was perfect for my formal, evening wedding. They played all the songs I requested and even let my... Read More groom and I grab the mic for a song! Hope to book the band for events in the years to come! Thank you guys for everything!

The Band of Gold - the best choice for a great wedding reception!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Carolyn N

The Band of Gold was the perfect choice for my daughter's wedding reception. While we initially planned on hiring a DJ we went to an open house to hear BOG play one Sunday afternoon. My daughter wanted a variety of music at her reception so she asked them to play several... Read More different songs - and she was impressed!! Kris, the band leader, is also a DJ so we had the best of both worlds. If you want a song by the original artist, you got it. And music continued during the band's break with a playlist Kris had ready to go. The band has an extensive list of songs and will work to learn or perfect any special songs you want. If there is anything they do not believe they will play expertly, they can find and play the mp3. One of the biggest differences between a live band and a DJ is the energy they exude. During the cocktail hour, before people were dancing, they played great music but were not distracting as some entertainers might be. But as soon as the bridal party was introduced, the party started! Kris was a professional MC for the evening's festivities - and just like he promised - nothing was cheesy. The focus was all on the bride, groom and the celebration. The band tuned in to the guests and played the songs we chose at just the right times. They could extend or shorten a song to keep momentum going. The dance floor was packed the entire evening! Our guests of all ages commented on this being the best wedding they ever attended - and we are so happy that the Band of Gold helped make this celebration very memorable!!

Additional band info

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 Sara S

We had the 8-piece band, and I am so glad we got the big band! The sound was awesome, and everyone had a great time! Everyone commented about how great they were!! They also provided up lighting which was great!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Rebecca B

We went with the 7 piece band for our son's wedding 10/22/16 and had a blast!! They were great to work with and the music was fantastic. Everyone danced all night long. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Lindsey T

If I could give 10 stars I would! They were amazing at our wedding! People were dancing all night long!

BOG Rocked Our Socks Off

Reviewed on 10/20/2012 Laura S

These guys are AMAZING! Our dance floor was packed from the time they started playing until the very last song of the night.

top notch performance

Reviewed on 10/28/2011 Shannon S

not only talented,but genuinely kind ppl.

Best Band Ever

Reviewed on 5/10/2011 Amy S

This band was the best! All my guests were out on the dance floor having the time of their lives! Til this day, people say they can't here the song "I Gotta A Feeling" without thinking of our wedding and having such a great time dancing the night away. It was bliss! Thank... Read More you Band of Gold!

This should be your wedding band!

Reviewed on 4/07/2011 Jessica L

Hands down, this band was worth every penny. We chose them because they have such a wide range of song selections, but I would hire them again in a heartbeat after what a wonderful job they did at my wedding. They read the crowd like a book, and performed the songs better than I... Read More could have imagined!

Kris Bayne

Kris Bayne is "The wedding guy" in the Atlanta area. A graduate of the Georgia State University School of Music, Kris has performed thousands of weddings as a bass player, DJ, MC, and band leader for over 15 years. Since 1999, Kris has entertained audiences throughout the Southeast with Band of Gold's wide variety of music from the 1940's to today. From a jazz trio to their huge, 10 piece dance band, Band of Gold creates the perfect atmosphere for elegance and excitement making them THE top band in Atlanta for weddings, birthday parties, corporate events, private parties and festivals.