Bar Harbor Inn & Spa

(17)

Bar Harbor, ME

Capacity: Up to 150 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Bar Harbor Maine's Premier Oceanfront Resort

At the Bar Harbor Inn you and your guests will enjoy your celebration at the ocean's edge with amazing views of Frenchman's Bay and the Porcupine Islands. Your reception will be held in an ocean view room where your friends and family will enjoy gourmet cuisine, served by experienced staff.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall, Hotel/Resort, Restaurant

Newport Drive, Bar Harbor, ME

amazing

Reviewed on 6/23/2011 Jill C

had my wedding there and it was amazing.

Absolutely Wonderful

Reviewed on 12/28/2012 Yvette T

If you want a low stress turnkey wedding the Bar Harbor Inn is your place. I can not tell you how many compliments we still get on our wedding. The wedding planners at the Bar Harbor Inn really did everything they could for us to make this as awesome as possible. The venue was absolutely gorgeous. We had our wedding on the lawn and couldn't have asked for a better view. Dinner was absolutely spectacular. We saved money on decorations too. The Bar Harbor Inn has flowers and lanterns on every table already so we were able to save a ton on flowers by using their arrangements. The florist on site even went so far in to match our wedding colors. The wedding planners we so helpful - the day before our wedding my mother decided that she didn't like the desert we ordered any more, Nicole told her just to pick a new one off the menu and had a single desert made for her. We don't have a single regret about our venue choice and plan on going back each year for our honeymoon.

Couldn't Have Asked For More

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Lori N

The Bar Harbor Inn was my dream location for my wedding as it is our favorite vacation place. The staff (Nicole and Melissa) were very attentive to every detail and made our day even better than we could have dreamed of. The venue, the food and sevice were outstanding. We would highly recommend this location to anyone.

Beautiful Venue, Decent Service

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Amy R

The Bar Harbor Inn is a gorgeous venue where you can get food, linens, and cake all in one package. It made things easy and was a great value. The only problem we ran into was the coordinator was hard to get a hold of and on the wedding day, certain elements were left incomplete. For example, our sweetheart table was supposed to have the bouquets from the wedding party put on the table but they were left off. Apparently, they had not received the bouquets after the ceremony. However, instead of asking us for them, that detail got ignored. My dad had to retrieve the bouquets and I put them on the table myself. Also, we would email the coordinator and not receive a message back until a week later (if at all). Often, I would have to call/email a second time. The morning of, the coordinator apparently did not communicate with the Hair Dressers in the spa very well and we had to make our Mimosa's ourselves since no one was there to set things up for us. Overall, we had an amazing time at our wedding. The food was delicious, the scenery was beautiful, my hair looked perfect, and our cake was incredible. They also made extreme accommodations for us as far as ensuring my new husband, who has a lot of food allergies, could eat on our wedding day. We really couldn't have had a more perfect day.

Overall Wonderful

Reviewed on 1/01/2014 Carrie k

The Nicole, Melissa, and the rest of the staff at the Bar Harbor Inn were wonderful to work with. They were responsive and very helpful. Additionally, as a same-sex couple, the staff treated us with dignity and respect. The venue was lovely. The outdoor wedding space over looking the harbor and the Margaret Todd Schooner was beautiful despite being overcast. The Reading Room was also beautiful with the panoramic views of the bay. This was the selling point for us. We opted for the brunch which was delightful. Their wedding cake vendor, Celebration Cakes by Janice Strout, was awesome. We were delighted that the wedding cake both looked good and was tasty! Our guests also commented on its tastiness. The guest rooms at the Inn in certain sections were a bit dated looking. However, the main areas in the Inn were nice. Instead of a rehearsal dinner the night before, we invited guest to join us for a sunset cruise on the Margaret Todd Schooner. This was a great event to see our friends and family together the night before the wedding. The proximity to downtown Bar Harbor was also great. I would recommend the venue to others.

Amazing Place to Get Married

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Kristen M

We got married at the Bar Harbor Inn this August and everything was fantastic! Nicole and Melissa, the sales and event coordinators, were amazing throughout the planning process; they were very responsive, professional and made me feel like everything was under control. On the wedding day everything went smoothly and without a hitch. Nicole and Melissa made sure that everyone was where they needed to be and that everything was just the way we wanted it. The food was delicious, the cake was beautiful, and every one had a great time! Also, you can't beat the views at the Bar Harbor Inn. The lawn overlooks the harbor and the large schooner (Margret Todd) sails by during the ceremony which makes for great pictures. Overall, I am so happy that we chose to get married here! I can't imagine a more beautiful or elegant place for a wedding!

k

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Laura T

k

Great Time!

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Anna M

The Bar Harbor Inn was a great place to stay -- they gave us complimentary Sparkling Cider as a wedding gift and kept our room spotless throughout the week. I also recommend The Reading Room Restaurant and a seat by the window.

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 9/05/2012 Margaux P

They had excellent service in preparation for my beach wedding in Bar Harbor. I used the spa and har a pedicure done. It was relaxing and quiet and the people were nice. We really enjoyed our preparation. They took us in at the last minute which was nice as well!

April in Maine

Reviewed on 5/26/2012 Davi L

The backdrop was beautiful, the Inn was vintage and we had everything we needed for our day!

Fantastic Location for a Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/06/2011 Amber A

Such a beautiful setting for an outdoor wedding! Due to their dinner service at the inn, receptions held in the Reading Room must end by 4:30pm but it worked out perfectly. With an early morning ceremony and afternoon reception, everyone was able to enjoy the sights and sounds of coastal Maine. The staff, especially the event planner and group manager, were super friendly and extremely helpful. Any questions or concerns were addressed in a timely manner. The reception room is elegant and the circular floorplan with large windows overlooking add to the atmosphere. The hors d'oeuvres and the cake/cupcakes were phenomenal. As a budget-conscious bride & groom, the Bar Harbor Inn was the ultimate location, meeting and exceeding our expectations!

honeymoon

Reviewed on 9/19/2011 Christina S

we stayed at the Bar Harbor Inn and Spa for our honeymoon and thought it was wonderful. We got upgraded to a great suite and was given complimentary champagne from the hotel. We cant wait to go back for our one year anniversary.

Excellent Location

Reviewed on 8/09/2011 Cari P

The staff was helpful and friendly, food was great and you can't beat the view

awesome

Reviewed on 7/25/2011 Lucy K

we stayed here for our wedding night as a surprise from our parents and it was awesome!! I've been going to Maine every year since I was little and have always wanted to stay here. The room was so nice with a fireplace, and the views oh my gosh.....so beautiful! They set our bed with treats that our parents left at the front desk! They really went out if there way to make it special!

Fabulous Place

Reviewed on 12/10/2010 Nicole H

This is the best place in Maine!

Incredible staff, incredible view, incredible day

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 Nicki D

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at the Bar Harbor Inn. Our event coordinators Dede and Nicole were amazing, calling and emailing often as the date approached and we planned last minute details from Boston. The ceremony site on their front lawn in front of the harbor was ideal and we used very few flowers as we didn't want to detract from the natural beauty of the area. The staff was all friendly and helpful and the day went off without a single hitch. I would strongly recommend using this location.

highly recommend

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Lori B

The people at the Bar Harbor Inn were wonderful to work with. They took care of everything... no need for a wedding planner! The inn was gorgeous and service great.

Send Email