I think it's safe to say this is the single best wedding venue in California.
Consider the reasons:
- It's gorgeous. It's just you and nature, with 660 acres of golden hills, which make for an epic backdrop during your wedding. The structur...
es on the ranch add to the rustic feel. And the Art House makes for beautiful photos, too, with solid wood design and amazing views over the valley. And then there is that old oak tree on the hill that has overseen so many couples get married, including us. It is magical.
- It's remote. That means you can party all night and no one will care. But it's not that hard to get to: It's just 2.5 hours south of San Francisco. The closest town is 40 minutes north, along a winding road. Your cellphone won't get service, which is perfect. (There's still WiFi in the houses if you really need it.)
- The Borland family and ranch staff. Tim, Michelle, James, Rebekah, the ranch staff, and TIm and Michelle's children work so hard to make your wedding dream come to reality -- while just being the nicest, warmest people in the process. We can't thank you all enough for allowing us to celebrate our special day on your magnificent property. And thank you all so much for being so welcoming and warm. They are truly wonderful people!
- It's good value. Renting the ranch for your wedding typically means you get the entire property for the whole weekend, including beds for up to 35 people. Then there's ample space for other guests to camp. While you do have to rent bathrooms, etc., for campers, you can recoup some costs by charging guests small housing fees. And otherwise there is plenty of infrastructure there.
- Most importantly, you have freedom. We ultimately chose the ranch because they allowed us to create the wedding we wanted: a party in the middle of a field that lasted until 5 a.m. So many other venues we considered had countless rules about where we could go, what vendors we had to use, when we could be there, etc. Bar SZ Ranch has very little of that. The ranch is your canvas from when you arrive on Friday to when you leave on Sunday, enabling you to create your very own wedding weekend.
We are so thankful we chose Bar SZ Ranch and highly recommend it for any other couple looking to create a memorable, laid back wedding.
Jack & Sonia