Gorgeous Downtown Charm in Historic Building

The Chamberlain building was build in 1912 and was originally Taylor Automotive's showroom. Many of the historic characters such as high tin ceiling, penny tile floors and exposed brick are still around today in this beautiful, one of a kind, venue that you and your guests will rave about. Huge floor to ceiling windows bring in light as well as showcase the amazing sculpture garden that is a photographers delight. With our attention to detail, amazing staff and fabulous location we are sure to make your event everything you have dreamed. We invite you to give us a call or email today to set up a time to tour what I am sure will be one of the best locations Des Moines has to offer.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

1312 Locust, Suite 101, Des Moines, IA (515) 330-2849

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Megan S

Bash was a great location for our wedding. Catherine and her staff were on top of everything during the ceremony and reception. The food was really good. The upstairs space was a nice way to split the dinner portion from the rest of the reception. Pricing was fair and in-line... Read More with services received.

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Mercedies B

Beautiful evening,in a beautiful space! We had a wonderful night at our wedding reception! From beginning to end, the whole process was insanely smooth. It was great knowing along the way that we were well taken care of and our special day was going to go off without a hitch.... Read More Catherine and her staff were more than accommodating, they made us feel like we were being taken care of by our own family. We brought in minimal decorations, because the space itself is so stunning. We had multiple compliments by guests on the unique space and food. The food was beyond amazing! We had heavy appetizers, and it was great being able to try a variety of Catherine's recipes! The cupcakes that we had were delicious, and we ended the night with a popcorn bar, which was definitely a fun touch. Everything went exceptionally well, and I can't rave enough about this space. We had a perfect night and it was all thanks to Bash and their amazing staff!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Kelli D

Beautiful space! Tons of different wedding themes and styles would fit in this venue. I will preface with our event was amazing for our guests! Everyone had a great time! Note to Brides- Catherine is very straight forward; she was very easy to work with on somethings and... Read More other things I felt like I had to push and wait for information or ask several times for the same information. I am the type of person who needs all of the information so I can make an informed decision especially when it comes to money. Ask upfront how she would like to communicate, several times emails would go unanswered for weeks and then there was a stream of quick communication. Have several ideas ready and know ahead of time where you are willing to make sacrifices. I felt very unassured of the pricing of things. During one of the last meetings I had asked for wine pricing so we could stick to our budget. Never received any pricing so we blew our wine budget out of the water. She asked what she had told me for pricing of the photo booth... and the bistro lights we wanted, but didn't think the cost was appropriate so we asked for no bistro lights...but they were still up for our wedding! We got lucky on that one! Also we had paid for the surface parking lot just behind Bash and several of our guests mentioned that it was not staffed or open. So don't pay extra for that. Lastly, she had comp'ed us a few things and then ended up charging for them! So make sure you review your bill if you have made any different arrangements. The great parts of working with Bash... We were able to really let our imagination run with this space. Our theme was fall tropical and we were able to bring in tons of plants to really make that tropical feel. Luckily there was not an event the few days before so we were able to drop things off early which really helped. Catherine was quite accommodating in decorating our tables for us and making sure the place settings and seating arrangements were prefect. Also there are digital copies of the photo booth pictures so make sure to ask for those. Like I said, our guests has just the greatest time. I will review the catering in another review.

Catherine Drummond

I'm a mother of two teenage boys an wife to a man who puts up with way more then he should have to. I was born in Queens, NY and spent most of my life between NY and the great state of Nevada. I believe life is always what you make it, so make it great. I love food, family and a fabulous party and it's never lost on me the significance of being there at the start of two lives coming together, i'm always in awe. I'm happy to say I love my life, job and those i'm lucky enough to call friends and each and everyone that trusts us to help them make such lifelong memories.