Battleground Country Club

Manalapan, NJ

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Welcome To The New Battleground Country Club

Welcome to the NEW Battleground Country Club. Featuring newly renovated ballrooms and breathtaking views, enabling Battleground to become one of the premier country clubs in New Jersey. Let us plan your special wedding day with facilities, food and service that is second to none! SALE ON 2015 DATES!

Country Club

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

1 Covenhoven Rd, Manalapan, NJ (732) 462-7575

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Alyson W

I searched and searched for the perfect wedding venue (12 to be exact) and BCC was beyond what we could have hoped for. Jean is brilliant and worked with us throughout the entire process to make sure all our bases were covered. The grounds are beautiful and even though it rained... Read More on our wedding day, we managed to take some pictures outside on the golf course. Vinny, the maître'd was attentive, kind, and wonderful. My wife and I did not need to ask for anything the entire night. Thank you, BCC for making our wedding dream come true!

Magnificent

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Caitlin B

Battleground Country Club truly made my wedding day the best day of my life. The venue and grounds were absolutely beautiful. Our entire wedding planning experience with Battleground was easy and non stressful. We were impressed with EVERYTHING at the venue. Our guests continue... Read More to rave about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. Liz was extremely easy to work with and went over and above to make everything perfect for us and our large group of guests. The day of the wedding, Jonnette and the staff were phenomenal! I would 110% recommend this venue to anyone. It was truly the best day ever and I can't thank BCC more for making it that way! THANK YOU!! Love, Caitlin and Bobby

Excellent

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Heather R

No stone unturned with the staff at battleground. From the initial setup to the time of event everyone was great. The food was outstanding did not hear one bad thing from the guests. All three dishes were amazing and the venue looked great day of. Would highly recommend for... Read More any event but wedding especially. Spacious even with 175 people.

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Megan S

Battleground Country Club helped make our wedding absolutely amazing. From the first time we called to inquire about dates and prices to the day of the wedding, Jean was absolutely amazing! Jean answered any questions we had and helped plan everything down to the smallest... Read More detail. On the day of the wedding, Vinny and Tony made sure everything was perfect. The guests absolutely loved the food and atmosphere and can’t stop talking about it. We highly recommend this venue. Thank you to everyone at Battleground Country Club for making the first day of married life the best day of our lives. – Megan and Ben

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Kevin B

We had our wedding at the Battleground this past Saturday and we couldn't be happier with how it went. Jean, Vincent, and Ed all went above and beyond to make sure it was a magical evening for my bride and I. We are incredibly grateful and will always remember the great... Read More experience we had there. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Natalie M

We had the most amazing time at the battleground for our wedding. The staff was amazing, especially Jean, Vincent and Kylie. Anything I needed we had in seconds! The food was amazing! My guests are still raving over it. I can't say enough great things about this place.... Read More Definitely a day we will never forget!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Jade c

We had our Wedding here on 10/29/16, and I couldn't be happier with the Battleground Country Club! It really is such a beautiful and magical venue. Jean was the best, you must work with her. She went above & beyond to make our Wedding day the most amazing day of our lives.... Read More Vinny our Maître d' was outstanding and his assistant Tony was wonderful as well. They left no stone unturned, ensuring that we had everything we needed at every moment. We had an outdoor ceremony on their grounds and it was gorgeous. The setting here is just simply breathtaking. Cocktail hour was an absolute hit! There was an over abundance of delicious food that our guest are still raving about it! The main courses were scrumptious. We were even able to personalize the chicken course with Jean, creating a chicken cordon bleu that was to die for. We had over 200+ wedding guest, and unbelievably, there was never a line at the bar. The bartenders worked extra hard that night, pumping out drink after drink. The same goes for our servers as well, the feedback from our guest was how friendly & attentive their servers were to them. Anything, anyone needed was brought to them. The desert hour was fantastic, and left our guests in awe. Thank you Battleground Country Club for making our wedding dreams a reality. We will be forever grateful for the tremendous role that you all played in making our wedding day the best day ever!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Kara G

There are not enough words to express how amazing battleground country club is! I was married in July 2016 and everything was absolutely perfect! Jean our sales rep was amazing! She accommodated all of my crazy requests and made sure everything was just so. She went above and... Read More beyond to make sure my wedding day was everything and more! I loved working with her and she made me feel at ease about everything! The day of ran so smoothly and I never wanted the night to end. Vinnie, the maitre d was so attentive and made sure the night was perfect! The wait staff was amazing, the food was amazing, the desserts were amazing! All in all, well worth every dollar spent! I couldn't have asked for better wedding reception! Highly, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Paulina K

We decided to have our wedding at the Battleground CC because unlike many of the other venues in the area the outdoor area was as beautiful as the inside. We were set on having an outdoor wedding but wanted to make sure that in case of rain the inside would also be nice. The... Read More staff at BCC worked so hard to make sure our day would be everything we hoped for. During the planning process Jean was always available to answer questions and give suggestions. We really loved working with her. She also did a great job coordinating our many pinterest ideas and made sure everything worked out perfectly. On the day of the wedding Tony went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I (and our bridal party) were taken care of. He helped tremendously as we did the first look outside on a super humid day and during the ceremony as it started raining. The food was great, the room looked amazing, and all the small details were taken care of. If we could do it again we would definitely choose BCC all over again. Thank you for making our special day such a beautiful one!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Jamie Y

My husband and had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Battleground Country Club on June 18, 2016. It was the best decision. We had the most amazing and special wedding. The evening surpassed all of our expectations. The place looked beautiful, the food was delicious, and... Read More the service was impeccable. In addition, we have heard nothing but incredible reviews from all our guests that attended our ceremony and reception. They have all raved about the place and the food! Jean's, the Manager of Catering Sales at the Battleground Country Club, assistance in planning the wedding and on the wedding day was invaluable. She answered all questions, helped us plan the perfect menu, and gave us essential advice on vendors. Her dedication and hard work allowed us to have a special day that was as perfect as we always hoped it would be. We highly recommend this venue for a wedding or any other occasion!

Reviewed on 3/01/2016 Jillian

The team at Battleground Country Club is truly impressive. I would recommend this venue for those looking to host a wedding, communion, anniversary party, etc. So glad to have had my wedding reception at the same venue my parents selected for theirs 30 years prior. Jean assisted... Read More every step along the way. She allowed us her time and patience in order to make sure all of the details were just right. We even got a few minutes in the grand ballroom to practice our first dance on the dance floor two days prior to our wedding (we were dropping off a few items for the reception)! My top priority/concern with regard to our reception was my husband’s poultry allergy, but the kitchen at Battleground Country Club truly went above and beyond for us. They were able to tweak recipes and customize the items we wanted to serve to remove all poultry (and broth, stock, etc.) from everything except the chicken entrée option. The kitchen was careful not to cross-contaminate anything else being served at our reception with the chicken entrée and this allowed my husband to have a worry-free day and eat anything he wished. Jean was also able to have the kitchen assist with accommodations for vegetarian meals, gluten free meals (and cake during our dessert hour!) and any other dietary restrictions we needed to tend to for our guests. Both prior to and during our reception Vinny was extremely accommodating. The entire staff was wonderful to work with, very kind and exceeded all of our expectations. Tony was primarily looking after the bridal party and immediate family and really did a great job checking in and making sure everyone was comfortable and happy—thanks for the ride on the golf cart too, Vinny! The value and service at Battleground Country Club is unprecedented. I can’t wait to host another event there!

Reviewed on 12/20/2015

Having my wedding at Battleground was one of the best decisions I ever made. The venue is absolutely beautiful. The disney wedding that I was going for worked out better than expected. Liz and Jean were extremely helpful and put me at ease throughout the planning. They were... Read More very quick to answer all of my questions. They were very accomdating to my needs and made things work. For that I can not thank them enough. My guest were very happy with the delicious food. Viennese hour was to die for! The staff was on top of their game and very responsive to not only me and my husband, but to all of my guest. Vincent, the maitre D, was extremely helpful and made sure that everything went smoothly. Everything worked out perfectly! -Stacy & Chris

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Samantha F

My husband and I got married at Battleground Country Club on Friday, October 23,2015. The day was everything we could have dreamed of and more, thanks to the staff at Battleground! Jean Castaldi was absolutely amazing, and went above and beyond throughout the whole planning... Read More process to ensure that we had the most memorable day! She was very accommodating and very quick to respond to all my questions/concerns. Her staff was so incredible, from Tony, our attendant to Vinny, our maitre'd to the bartenders and waiters! The grounds were gorgeous! There were endless places to take our pictures! We got married outside at the gazebo, and it was breathtaking! The ballroom was beautifully set up! The food was never ending and out of this world. The cocktail hour were unbelievable. The dinner was absolutely delicious. The night went off without a hitch! We could not have asked for a better night! Our guests cannot stop talking about how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food was! Thank you for everything!

Perfect Wedding!!!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Kacy S

Battleground Country Club allowed me to have my dream wedding!!! From the employees (Liz, Vinnie, Anthony) to the food and the service, it all exceeded my expectations. Every bride is nervous about their wedding day running smoothly and because they were so amazing I didn't... Read More have to worry about anything. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Jeanne C

I am so unbelievable happy that we chose to have our wedding at Battleground Country Club! Liz, Jean, and Vinny were WONDERFUL! Any time I had a question, they were always prompt with their response. They were always welcoming to any of our ideas and doing whatever they could do... Read More make us happy. The venue allowed us to take pictures on the golf course and the newly renovated fire pit! I cannot rave enough about how perfect our wedding day was!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Jean C

Even though the weather wasn't perfect, the reception at the Battleground Country Club was. The venue was spectacular, the food was delicious, the grounds were beautiful, and the staff - amazing. Liz helped plan an unforgettable event. She paid attention to what my daughter... Read More and now son-in-law wanted. She made great suggestions, and tailored the wedding to them. All questions and concerns were taken care of immediately. And she is a lot of fun! On the day of the wedding, Jean and Vinny paid attention to all the details. They set up everything perfectly, addressed any concerns that I had, and everything ran smoothly. Throughout the evening they checked in with us to see if anything was needed. And we had Victoria running around paying attention to the needs of the bridal party and parents, getting drinks, and tending to the bridal suites. We felt like royalty. We all had a fantastic time and my only disappointment was that the evening went too quickly.

Best Day Ever!

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Moire G

We chose to have our wedding at the Battleground Country Club for a few reasons 1) Jean was so welcoming and provided us with so much information at our first meeting as far as the types of questions we should be asking, what we should be looking for, etc. 2) We know a few other... Read More people who have attended weddings at the BCC and they had a fabulous time, and 3) the food was delishious. From the minute we walked into the BCC we knew it was our venue. Everything just fell in line from the decor, space, staff, location and the ability for one event at a time. During the months leading up to the wedding Jean was so great helping us and answering all of our questions, making sure the things that were important to us were written into the contract, etc. Our wedding day was the best day ever mostly due to our fabulous maitre d Johnette. She was so incredibly attentive to us and each of our families, she was on point and had such a happy personality where you could tell she just loves what she does. Johnette really went above and beyond for us and for that we will never forget. It was absolutely a day to remember and our guests had nothing but great things to say. We also chose to have our rehearsal at the BCC prior to the wedding. We decided to have a brunch rather than a dinner the week before the wedding and I have to say, it was a blessing in disguise. It was so nice not having to worry about having a rehearsal the night before the wedding with everything else going on. Our guests for the rehearsal absolutely loved not only the brunch idea but the food. We had a nice private room overlooking the golfcourse which was a beautiful setting combined with great food from french toast to bagels to carved turkey and a mimosa fountain. Everything was set up so nicely and spacious but yet felt very cozy for our small group. I would definitely recommend this venue to any bride interested in great service, great decor, one event at a time, and affordable. I look forward to having more events there in the future!

Loved the Battleground!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 lacy c

You only have one chance to make your wedding day perfect, and choosing Battleground Country Club is an excellent first step in making that perfect day a reality. The grounds for the ceremony were beautiful, the food was outstanding and all of the members of the venue's staff... Read More were professional, polite, helpful and responsive. We returned from our honeymoon over a week ago and are still hearing from friends and relatives about the wonderful time that they had at our wedding. The presentation of the food available during the cocktail hour was topped only by how delicious everything was (or so we are told by our guests, we were too excited and awestruck to be very hungry). Our Officiant had never performed a wedding ceremony before (he was a close friend) and we didn't do a formal rehearsal, so Liz and Johnette had their work cut out for them. Both of these ladies deserve a special thank you for making sure everything was such a success. Our Maitre d' (Johnette) was friendly, attentive and very fun to work with. Call us biased if you must, but we feel that Battleground Country Club is the perfect place for a wedding and We would strongly recommend this venue for your next special event. Fall graced us with the perfect weather for an evening wedding, our friends and families made the perfect guests to celebrate our special day, and Battleground County Club took care of the rest. ***Side note: one of our relatives ruined their tie prior to the ceremony and asked one of the wait/bar staff if there were any nearby stores where he could purchase one in time. After advising that there weren't any such stores close enough, the employee let this relative borrow his tie to wear to the ceremony. These are the types of people who make this such an easy venue to recommend***

Battleground made the most amazing Wedding

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Melissa M

I have to start by sharing how Amazing the staff was at Battleground Country Club. Liz was great with setting everything up months, weeks and days leading up to my wedding as well as helping on the day of my wedding. Liz was so helpful in answering any questions I had, and... Read More even helped with small pre-wedding problems like one of my bridesmaids shoes breaking seconds before we walked down the aisle. Johnette was absoultely the BEST! She was everywhere and anywhere she needed to be and then some, from checking in on me and my groom to making sure the line at the bar did not back up during the reception. Johnette made us feel so welcomed at the Battleground from the moment we met her I knew we were in great hands for our wedding day. It rained on my wedding day and we had to make the decision to have the wedding inside, which was not our preferred option of course. An hour before the wedding ceremony it stopped raining and the sun was out, the Amazing staff including Liz and Johnette were literally running around moving flowers from inside to the outside, so I could have the most beautiful ceremony outside. The food was absolutely amazing, people are still telling me how awesome the cocktail hour was as well as the reception food and desert room. I cannot say enough about how amazing the staff was in making my wedding the absolute best day! I would highly recommed the Battleground to anyone looking to have an amazing wedding!

Incredible Service

Reviewed on 5/06/2014 Kristin A

Our entire wedding planning experience with Battleground was phenomenal. From the moment we took the tour to book, Jean was fantastic and I will never forget her and Liz for their professionalism, attentiveness, and always ensuring me that everything would go smoothly. Jean and... Read More Liz ensured every detail of our day was executed exactly how we envisioned. Our staff for the day of the wedding were phenomenal and could not be more accommodating. The room looked absolutely beautiful, the Viennese and cocktail hours were amazing, and out guests are still raving about the food. I am forever grateful to each of them for their hard work and truly caring that our evening was perfect. Thank you all!!!

Wonderful Spring Wedding

Reviewed on 5/23/2013 Laura C

We were hoping to have our ceremony and cocktail hour outside for a May wedding. However, Mother Nature was not on our side and we ended up having everything inside. We were able to take pictures on the grounds before the wedding and we can't wait to see some of the shots with... Read More the beautiful greenery and flowers in the background. Despite the weather, the entire event was a huge success. Having the ceremony and reception at one location made it very convenient for us and our guests. The bridal and groom suites were an added bonus and a great place to get ready. All of our guests commented on how delicious the food was and how nice and helpful the staff were. The cake from Normandie Bakery was mouthwateringly delicious. All of the rooms were set up beautifully and the lighting in the ballroom was a wonderful addition to our romantic ambiance. Last but not least, we thoroughly enjoyed working with Liz Zarko, who was patient and responsive throughout the entire planning process. She answered our millions of questions and met with us several times. We also enjoyed having Johnette as our Maitre D on the day of, she brought a great energy and did a great job coordinating everything for us even with the last minute location change from outside to inside. We would highly recommend you choose Battleground as your wedding venue or any event venue for that matter. Everyone was a joy to work with and the grounds and rooms were spacious and beautiful.

2013-05-25T11:14:16 Response from the vendor

We are so glad that your guests, and more importantly you and your new husband had such a wonderful time! It was a pleasure working with both of you throughout the planning process and I hope to work with you again soon!

Best place to get married!

Reviewed on 8/21/2012 Kristin L

Excellent food, scenery, and service! The staff so accomidating and sincere. It wasn't all about the business part. They were amazing with everything! LOVED our matradees!!! Beautiful grounds if you want awesome pictures outside and roomy and just as beautiful inside!

The venue of your dreams!

Reviewed on 6/04/2012 Stacey A

I do not even know where to begin! We were so, so, so happy and pleased with the Battleground!! You must visit the venue, you will fall in love! From working with Jean all throughout the planning process to the night of, everything was PERFECT! The food was out of this world,... Read More our guests are still raving about the Chateaubriand! The room was exactly how we envisioned it! The staff was friendly and professional. The grounds outside are gorgeous! I highly, highly recommend the BCC!

Great Food

Reviewed on 2/08/2012 regina k

My fiance and I are getting married at his grandparents home in New Jersey and since they are members of the local country club, we are using them as our caterers. I did a taste testing out there a few months ago and their food is amazing, I cannot wait until the big day -... Read More it's going to be perfect!

Great place!

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Colleen C

Its been two weeks since my wedding and people are still talking about how delicious the food was! Everyone who worked our wedding was fantastic.