Dietary Options

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2010

288 Boston Turnpike, Shrewsbury, MA (508) 754-0505

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Alejandra C

Alice and her team at the bean counter were amazing I am so truly happy we chose them! She captured my perfect wedding cake idea and did it to perfection ! My cake was not only beautiful and glamorous but absolutely delicious !!!! Highly recommend the bean counter they have so... Read More much experience and the most delicious cakes!!!!!!

Delicious and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 5/30/2014

Alice and the Bean Counter created our wedding cake for our wedding on 5/10/14. We had a wonderful experience that began with a tasting months before. Both sets of parents joined us for a selection of 4 cakes and we had plenty leftover to take home. It was tough to pick the... Read More flavor because everything was delicious. Alice sketched out the design I had in mind and it was beautiful. On the wedding day, the cake was delivered on time, looked gorgeous and was topped with sugar peonies flowers that many people thought were real. Would definitely recommend The Bean Counter to any future brides!

Bean Counter Bakery = Beautiful Wedding Cakes!

Reviewed on 4/29/2014 Amber R

My husband and I were married Saturday, and had a cake from Bean Counter. I, as well as 3 of our guests, have a gluten allergy, but I didn't want to have two cakes. So, we set out to find a gluten free cake that no one could tell was gf. Bean Counter nailed it! Pros:... Read More Delicious Gorgeous Gluten free Amazing filling Fantastic service Punctual Cons: Nothing! It was a tad pricey, but worth every penny!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Aida H

Alice and her team were amazing! We had a 5 layer cake with 5 different flavors. Alice was so patient with us and created a simply beautiful cake exactly as we had requested and more. Would highly recommend this bakery!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Lauren Z

Alice and her team were amazing! Alice made us the perfect wedding cake that was delicious, beautiful and unique! We also got a mini cake for my husband who wanted a specific flavor and that was delicious too! Alice was extremely helpful during the design process and I love how... Read More detail oriented and focused on quality she is. We also had mini pasties for the tables and those were unbelievably tasty and beautiful. I highly recommend Alice and the Bean Counter Bakery!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Jaime H

Alice and her team are amazing! They did our cake for our November '16 wedding and it was perfect. At our initial meeting/cake tasting, I brought in so many photos and she was able to take those, combine them and make the cake of my dreams! They have so many different and... Read More delicious flavors, it was so hard to choose just three! I would definitely recommend the Bean Counter and will definitely be going back for my future cake/pastry needs!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Jocelyn B

We got our wedding cake from the Bean Counter and it was delicious! We loved that there were some interesting options other than your standard cake flavors, our favorite was the lemon/fresh raspberry filling with the lemon curd drizzle, it was amazing and our guests loved it!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 LESLEY P

We got cupcakes from Bean Counter Bakery for our wedding and they were amazing. We were able to get multiple different flavors with fillings. Alice was extremely helpful during the tasting and talking to us about the different flavors and fillings. They delivered and set up... Read More the cupcakes which was one less thing I had to stress about. They did an amazing job displaying the cupcakes especially because I gave very little direction. All of my guest loved the cupcakes and the fact that they had different flavor options. We are so happy that we decided to go with Bean Counter Bakery and can not wait to order more cupcakes from them.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

We worked with Alice for our wedding cake!! And defiantly we'll work with her for our futur celebrations..

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Elizabeth D

Alice and her team at Bean Counter made our day special (and yummy)! Alice helped us design our wedding cake, cupcakes and other Italian pastries for a big dessert table. Alice and her team tied in our navy and sunflower theme throughout their designs. The flavors were... Read More awesome and yummy! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Amy

Hi I just wanted to say I had the best experience at Bean Counter. Alice and her employees were great. They knew exactly what we wanted. I highly recommend going,their!! Thanks again:)

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Erin D

This was the only vendor from our wedding that I wasn't wild about. We did a three tier cake and the top tier was noticeable off center. I looked back at the picture I had of their previous cake that we selected, and it was aligned properly. I was definitely bummed when I saw... Read More the cake at our wedding, but not enough to ruin our day. As far as flavor, we were too busy to have any dessert at our wedding and we didn't hear any reviews (positive or negative) about the cake from guests.

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Robin G

Our wedding cake was amazing thanks to the Bean Counter! We met with Alice prior, and she was great about sitting down with us to review all of the different flavored and styles. We ended up choosing to go with their infamous snowflake cake, and everyone loved it! She was very... Read More easy to work with and definitely has a knack for detail. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Dana C

Alice and her team at the Bean Counter Bakery are fabulous! They made us the most beautiful and delicious cake and even offered fabulous Gluten-Free Cupcake options for my mother in-law who has a gluten allergy! Everyone was raving about how delicious everything was!! Highly... Read More recommend using them!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Victoria C

Alice was awesome to work with and the cake came out exactly as we imagined. Everything was delicious and beautiful. I would definitely recommend working with her!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016

The Bean Counter Bakery makes hands-down the most delicious cakes ever. I went with my mom for our tasting, and after tasting the cake at Bean Counter and meeting with Alice, who was so sweet and accommodating, we decided to cancel our other tasting appointments and go with Bean... Read More Counter right then and there. The bakery did a beautiful job of creating a design with buttercream frosting rather than fondant, so the cake was absolutely delicious. I can't wait for our first anniversary cake next year!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Shandra G

Our cake from Bean Counter was perfect! It looked as wonderful as it tasted. I'm vegan, and we got many compliments from our non-vegan guests on how delicious the cake was and that they never would have known it was vegan if they hadn't seen me eat it. We will be getting our... Read More free anniversary cake soon, and I cannot wait to eat it!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Jessica S

Plain and simple, the Bean Counter will be the best cake you will ever have. Not only was our cake beautiful, but it was absolutely delicious. We received so many compliments on it, and I couldn't agree more with all of them!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Taylor Y

We selected Bean Counter Bakery as a preferred vendor with our wedding venue. Our cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious. We had several guests comment how much they loved the cake. While I found the cake upcharges to be somewhat expensive, the quality is outstanding and... Read More unparalleled by other bakers in this area. Alice was easy to work with and clearly passionate about what she does. A pleasure to work with!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Laura O

Alice and her team at The Bean Counter are amazing. Our wedding was 6/20/15. The cake was so fresh, delicious and explactly what we planned it out to look like. All of our guests LOVED our cake, "Best wedding cake ever". My husband and I just celebrated our 1st anniversary and... Read More our anniversary cake from The Bean Counter was just as delicious as our cake last year.

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Laura L

Our cake was lovely and delicious and gluten-free, which was incredibly hard to find. No one at the reception knew, nor could they tell, which made it all the more wonderful. When coordinating with Alice, it was wonderful being able to brainstorm various ideas; my only... Read More challenge was that I needed more guidance about how to make my cake special and unique and was looking for an expert to give me suggestions. We ended up with a lovely ivory cake which was accented with real flowers from our florist; however, the design that was sketched out seemed like it was going to be so much more delicate and intricate than the final result. I also had to re-send and remind this vendor about timelines and information that I had previously provided, which was frustrating when it happened multiple times. Summary: 5 stars for taste and making a gluten-free cake possible, but I had to knock off a star for organization and the need to repeat logistical information multiple times and not having the sketch really come alive the way it was presented during the design session.

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Samantha M

Bean Counter Bakery serves the most delicious cake and cupcakes! Alice (owner) worked with us in creating a customized menu of 10 dozen cupcakes and our own personalized 6" cake. My husband and I love Boston cream pie but since it has to be kept refrigerated and we wanted to... Read More have our cake on display at our wedding, Alice worked on creating a special recipe that we tried during our tasting that allowed us to have our Boston cream and cake too! She was responsive to all my e-mails and they were very flexible when I needed to add on a few extra dozen cupcakes with the wedding only a week away! Guests raved all night long about how good the cupcakes were and loved all the different flavors. With so many great options you cannot go wrong with the Bean Counter for your wedding!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Amy J

We very much enjoyed our cake tasting experience and our resulting wedding lemon raspberry cupcakes! We had visited other bakeries and their buttercreams did not compare! The lemon curd drizzle on the cupcakes were heavenly! The email communication with Alice is very good and we... Read More enjoyed visiting the bakery. She was very patient and accommodating through our whole decision process. We are having another religious wedding ceremony soon and cannot wait to order a cake version of the cupcakes we had!!

Delicious

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Sarah G

The Bean Counter, hands down, is the best bakery. The cake was not only beautiful but so tasty. We were also able to provide nut free cupcakes to friends who had allergies.

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Ariana M

The cake we got from the Bean Counter was delicious and decorated very tastefully. Working with Alice was a real pleasure. She was very flexible to create a cake with the flavor combination we were looking for. Having been to several other wedding cake vendors, this was by the... Read More far best. We are looking forward to picking up a treat for our anniversary!