Dietary Options

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2010

288 Boston Turnpike, Shrewsbury, MA (508) 754-0505

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Alejandra C

Alice and her team at the bean counter were amazing I am so truly happy we chose them! She captured my perfect wedding cake idea and did it to perfection ! My cake was not only beautiful and glamorous but absolutely delicious !!!! Highly recommend the bean counter they have so... Read More much experience and the most delicious cakes!!!!!!

Delicious and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 5/30/2014

Alice and the Bean Counter created our wedding cake for our wedding on 5/10/14. We had a wonderful experience that began with a tasting months before. Both sets of parents joined us for a selection of 4 cakes and we had plenty leftover to take home. It was tough to pick the... Read More flavor because everything was delicious. Alice sketched out the design I had in mind and it was beautiful. On the wedding day, the cake was delivered on time, looked gorgeous and was topped with sugar peonies flowers that many people thought were real. Would definitely recommend The Bean Counter to any future brides!

Bean Counter Bakery = Beautiful Wedding Cakes!

Reviewed on 4/29/2014 Amber R

My husband and I were married Saturday, and had a cake from Bean Counter. I, as well as 3 of our guests, have a gluten allergy, but I didn't want to have two cakes. So, we set out to find a gluten free cake that no one could tell was gf. Bean Counter nailed it! Pros:... Read More Delicious Gorgeous Gluten free Amazing filling Fantastic service Punctual Cons: Nothing! It was a tad pricey, but worth every penny!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Susie K

When everyone tells you that they had multiple pieces of cake, well, you know you made the right choice. Alice was amazing to work with, and she totally got our cake vision, adding on her expert advice and suggestion. It came out beautifully. And most importantly, each of our... Read More three flavors tasted divine. Definitely not your average wedding cake. Can't wait to order more baked goods from here!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Jessica M

Our cake was beautiful and tasted amazing. We booked Alice as soon as we picked a date with our venue, even before the caterer! I had some samples at a bridal show and knew I had to book her. We selected vanilla cake with chocolate chip cannoli filling and everyone loved it.... Read More Alice draws a sketch of your cake while you're at the bakery for your tasting, and she was very quick to send over any changes I made down the road as our headcount fluctuated. She was very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Katie K

The cake was included in our Wedding package at The Colonial Hotel but because we opted for a specialty flavor there was an extra charge per tier. There were other additional charges for the crystal bands, the cake sparkles and cake topper so it was still an additional cost but... Read More totally worth it. We decided on the red velvet cake and Alice told us that she could use food coloring to make the two top tiers green and the bottom one purple. The green looked amazing but the purple could have been more vibrant. Also, the word "Forever" was supposed to have extra sparkles to make it pop but I didn't see any difference from the rest of the cake. Regardless, the cake was absolutely delicious and the to-go containers that we ordered from them was a huge hit because so many of our guests were too full after dinner for cake but took theirs home or back to their hotel room. The Colonial even packaged up the leftover slices and brought them over to our after party in the bar where many guests enjoyed the cake later in the evening and none of it went to waste. Overall I was very pleased with the service, quality and value from The Bean Counter.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Caroline K

Alice is a true artist. My husband and I had a particular idea in mind for our cake and she really brought our vision to life. Our flower was calla lily, and she crafted the most beautifully delicate calla lilies that adorned our cake. She was incredibly easy to work with and... Read More very accommodating with our schedule. And also of importance, everyone raved that the cake was delicious!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Michelle B

My husband and I hired Bean Counter Bakery for our wedding day and we couldn't be happier! From first encounter Alice was so incredibly kind and we loved sampling her delicious cakes at our tasting. We ended up going with the vanilla cake with lemon and fresh raspberries and oh... Read More my was it AMAZING; I wish I was eating it right now, haha. They were so easy to work with, made our cake EXACTLY how we wanted it to look and everyone was so pleased with the taste! You (and your guests) will not be disappointed. Choose Bean Counter Bakery!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Jillian Z

Alice made the best wedding cake I have ever had at any wedding, and I am so glad it was mine! We had layers of chocolate mouse and layers of fresh raspberry and lemon curd which were absolutely to die for. We have gotten so many compliments from our guests about our wedding... Read More cake. She also had many options to choose from at the tasting and it was a tough decision choosing flavors because they were all delicious. I would highly recommend Alice and her team to make your wedding cake!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Laura W

BEST CAKE EVER. I am beyond impressed with the work that Alice and her team at the Bean Counter do on wedding cakes. All of their work is incredibly detailed! We had a 3-layer cake for our 9/9/17 wedding with 3 different flavors of cake/filling and no one was disappointed!... Read More Funfetti, Chocolate with peanut butter mousse, and vanilla with chocolate mousse - all of them were so freaking delicious. We got to take a few slices home from the wedding and they were so good even a day or two later. Alice was super easy to work with. I made a couple of changes after our initial meeting and there was no issue whatsoever. She was very responsive to emails and the cake was gorgeous! Would highly recommend Bean Counter!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Robert G

As someone who has an intolerance to gluten, I can say with assurance that this was the absolute best gluten-free cake I’ve ever tasted. Without a doubt, you would not be able to tell it’s sans gluten. Our gluten-free guests raved about it. And the other glutenous cakes, one... Read More chocolate, one vanilla, for our other guests were also a hit. Beyond the taste, the decorations were stunning. My wife and I are both English teachers, and the Bean Counter was able to make a cake that looked like an adventure novel. They also worked with us to help us stay within our budget to feed our entire guest list while still creating the overall look we were going for. We highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Lauren A

Alice and her team the the Bean Counter Bakery did an amazing job with our wedding cake for our wedding on August 19, 2017. Alice met with us several times to come up with the perfect design for us and was fabulous at helping with suggestions but also listening and creating the... Read More design with us! Her team delivered it right on time and were so professional, especially considering it was a super hot summer day and the wedding was outside. All of our guests raved about our delicious vanilla cake with the white chocolate buttercream and raspberry jam filling. Communication was great and I would recommend Alice and her team to anyone looking for a great experience with a bakery especially for their wedding! Thank you Bean Counter!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Julia M

There are no words to express how beautiful our cake was for our wedding! Alice did such a phenomenal job--she is extremely talented! We met with her for the taste testing and discussed what I was looking for in my cake design. She drew up everything right there and made sure I... Read More loved what we had planned out. The cake exceeded my expectations, it was absolutely beautiful--not to mention it tasted INCREDIBLE. I highly recommend Alice and her team if you want a beautifully designed cake that is worth every penny! Thank you again Alice!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Caitlin K

Bean Counter Bakery makes absolutely stunning wedding cakes! Professional, quick responses, willing to work with your schedule, custom cakes, and they deliver to your venue. I would definitely recommend this bakery!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Sarah P

Best wedding cake ever. Alice met with my husband and I for our tasting and it was something right out of a movie. She went through the flavors we chose to taste, cut us a small piece of each and talked us through the design we might want. She even drew out what we were... Read More describing so we had a good idea of what our finished product would look like. The cake outshone my expectations for taste and design. I can't rave enough about the quality. Every cake we have needed since that tasting we have gotten from Bean Counter and we will continue to use them for all our confectionary needs.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Alyssa S

Alice and her team are amazing! Our wedding cake really captured our theme and the hand painted sea creatures were such an amazing touch! Details such as pictures from our first date were able to be presented on the cake which made it that much more sentimental! Our wedding... Read More cake was completely gluten free and our guests had no idea, it was that delicious! I highly recommend bean counter bakery for anyone looking for a wedding cake, or dessert in general especially if you are gluten free like me! Not only was our cake amazing but Alice and her staff are really dedicated to what they do and made sure our cake was just as perfect as our wedding day :)! Thank you so much for everything !

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Laura T

Our wedding cake was delicious and beautiful! So happy we chose them as our cake vendor.

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Victoria H

You've found your vendor so stop looking! Alice at the Bean Counter is fantastic! From start to finish she was very helpful. I grew up in Shrewsbury so I knew that their baked goods were delicious. When we got married I wanted to do cupcakes instead of cake. I feel like the... Read More cake is only liked by some people (the bride and groom since they pick it) and most of the time people are too busy dancing to eat it so it goes to waste. I wanted to give our guests options of different flavors and I knew the Bean Counters cupcakes were my favorite! I found cupcakes were more budget friendly then a wedding cake. We went to a few local bakeries in RI since we were getting married in Newport but at the end of the day the price was about the same but the taste was so much better but it was worth the travel fee. Alice was wonderful to work with. I wanted the dessert style cupcakes not different flavors that all look the same, just like they sell in the shop. Alice and her team made 210 Dessert style cupcakes for us from Salted Caramel, Cookies & Cream, Strawberry cheesecake, funfetti, and more. People were running up to me on the dance floor to tell me how much they loved the cupcakes! All I can still hear is “Those Cupcakes were AMAZING!” and “Where did you get them!” when I see our any of our guests after the wedding now. I would recommend the Bean Counter if you are looking for an AMAZING cake and delicious!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Aida H

Alice and her team were amazing! We had a 5 layer cake with 5 different flavors. Alice was so patient with us and created a simply beautiful cake exactly as we had requested and more. Would highly recommend this bakery!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Lauren Z

Alice and her team were amazing! Alice made us the perfect wedding cake that was delicious, beautiful and unique! We also got a mini cake for my husband who wanted a specific flavor and that was delicious too! Alice was extremely helpful during the design process and I love how... Read More detail oriented and focused on quality she is. We also had mini pasties for the tables and those were unbelievably tasty and beautiful. I highly recommend Alice and the Bean Counter Bakery!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Jaime H

Alice and her team are amazing! They did our cake for our November '16 wedding and it was perfect. At our initial meeting/cake tasting, I brought in so many photos and she was able to take those, combine them and make the cake of my dreams! They have so many different and... Read More delicious flavors, it was so hard to choose just three! I would definitely recommend the Bean Counter and will definitely be going back for my future cake/pastry needs!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Jocelyn B

We got our wedding cake from the Bean Counter and it was delicious! We loved that there were some interesting options other than your standard cake flavors, our favorite was the lemon/fresh raspberry filling with the lemon curd drizzle, it was amazing and our guests loved it!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 LESLEY P

We got cupcakes from Bean Counter Bakery for our wedding and they were amazing. We were able to get multiple different flavors with fillings. Alice was extremely helpful during the tasting and talking to us about the different flavors and fillings. They delivered and set up... Read More the cupcakes which was one less thing I had to stress about. They did an amazing job displaying the cupcakes especially because I gave very little direction. All of my guest loved the cupcakes and the fact that they had different flavor options. We are so happy that we decided to go with Bean Counter Bakery and can not wait to order more cupcakes from them.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

We worked with Alice for our wedding cake!! And defiantly we'll work with her for our futur celebrations..

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Elizabeth D

Alice and her team at Bean Counter made our day special (and yummy)! Alice helped us design our wedding cake, cupcakes and other Italian pastries for a big dessert table. Alice and her team tied in our navy and sunflower theme throughout their designs. The flavors were... Read More awesome and yummy! Thank you!!