Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

1613 E. Passyunk Avenue, Philadelphia, PA PA/NJ/DE (267) 679-4119

Reviewed on 2/03/2018 Nora J

Dana and her team did a great job. They were responsive, patient, and on time. Thankful to Dana's team for making us look wonderful on our big day!

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 C M

I had initially contracted with these people at the suggestion and recommendation of a friend who had used them. I liked the make-up job they did. I told them what I wanted, they quoted me a rate. I also told them I was a stand alone bride, no wedding party and where I was... Read More getting married. I thought I was set. A few weeks later they told me they could not possibly take care of me and could not travel to WEST CHESTER to do my hair and make-up. I will again note that I never hid what I wanted or where I was being married. I did not object to travel rates, etc. THEY set the rates. I would have paid more in travel expenses had they offered it. But no, what they told me is as a bride, I was not worth the trip. And when I complained to my friend, the business owner told me to "not be like that". To that I say like what? She could have completely ruined my day by her lack of professionalism. If I was too far or not interesting enough or was only one person she should have said so BEFORE I had thought I had booked them. The irony is, I was giving them a try instead of going with the professionals I knew who could do it best. I wanted to give them the business because they knew my friend. BIG mistake. 12/22/2017 I am responding to the Beautiful Brides Philly’s "explanation" from the Knot the other day. Let's tell the truth. I saved the emails. I was not told there was a "minimum". As I was a stand-alone bride I could have fit into category of event hair and make-up as well. I hid NOTHING about location and so on. THEY quoted me a price said the date was ok in their calendar, I accepted. They never even mentioned a trial/deposit/contract, so when I contacted them to confirm and find out what topay was when I was told they oops weren't doing what they had agreed to do via email (unknown if they actually have contracts). The business owner decided I had ample time, and well why would I trust her judgement? And I most certainly did NOT have three months left to find someone. If they had simply replied to my review that they screwed up and they were sorry, this would be the end of it. But they didn't and a place where the customer or potential customer is wrong is not right. Beautiful Brides reply to this review: QUOTE: "We are terribly sorry this potential client is so upset. We try to always service all of our clients when possible. Her location was too far for a bride-only service (i.e., she did not meet our minimum) and this was explained to her. She in fact DID NOT have any contract with us as she states. Nothing was presented to her, signed or paid for. She assumed she had us "booked" by a simple email exchange. We do not book any clients without a signed contract or proper deposit. She had 3 months to find a stylist for her wedding which is ample time. Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused"

2017-12-19T14:54:40 Response from the vendor

We are terribly sorry this potential client is so upset. We try to always service all of our clients when possible. Her location was too far for a bride-only service (i.e., she did not meet our minimum) and this was explained to her. She in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Carol P

Dana is the owner & a delightful person to work with. She is super responsive & we loved her little shop on Passyunk St for the trial. Amanda was our stylist & she came to us for hair & makeup on the day of. Everything went very smoothly. An A+ rating from us!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Karyn F

Stephanie did our hair for the wedding and it turned out gorgeous. I could not have been happier with the result. Everyone in the party looked stunning and perfect. Stephanie is such a wonderful person, easy to talk to and fun to be around. Glad to be able to call her my friend... Read More :) Thanks girl!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Courtney Z

We used Beautiful Brides for hair and makeup for myself, my bridesmaids, my mother and my mother-in-law. We are so happy with how everything turned out! Dana and her team arrived early (which never happens!) to my suite the morning of my wedding, and got right to work. They... Read More brought a great energy to the room, were so accommodating to all of our requests, and made me feel so relaxed that morning. I can't say enough good things! I felt so beautiful. I would highly recommend Dana and her team!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Erin K

I used Beautiful Brides for hair and makeup for myself and all of my bridesmaids, and we could not have been happier with how things turned out. Dana and her team made the process very easy. Along the way I was able to send ideas of what I was looking for, and they absolutely... Read More delivered on that. The team is very organized and on top of everything. They even were willing to be flexible when I had a last minute schedule change. Everybody's hair and makeup looked amazing, and I was told so many times that everyone looked beautiful. Very happy I went with Beautiful Brides!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Erin G

As a woman of color with a multicultural wedding party, I searched high and low for a hair and makeup company that could help my diverse group of gals look their best on my big day. Dana, Steph, and Anh absolutely blew my expectations out of the water. From my trial (only a... Read More month before the wedding!) to the day of, Dana and her team were consummate professionals. Maggie was a pro at organizing schedules, Dana and Steph listened to my vision for what I wanted to look like on my wedding day and helped me to look my very best, and Anh had our makeup on point. On what can be a whirlwind, stressful day, Dana, Steph, and Anh kept everyone in line, on time, and looking beautiful - I can't thank Dana enough for her help and am so happy I made the decision to go with Beautiful Brides Philly for my wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Nicole M

Maggie, Kristin and Emily did my bridal party's hair and makeup for my wedding and could not be happier with how everything turned out. From the time I started the planning process, through my 1000's of questions, all the way up to the big day, Maggie handled everything... Read More perfectly. my trial appointment was so much fun, and just solidified that I made the right choice for the wedding day. They bring a great energy to the room, even at 8am when everyone is not so excited to be awake. They were all completely professional but still super funny and made me feel like I was just hanging out with a bunch of old friends. I can't thank them enough for making us all look beautiful for my wedding. :)

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Amelia S

Beautiful Brides Philly did a fantastic job for my 95 degree July wedding. Brianna and Stephanie were my stylists-- and Maggie did our coordinating. I had my trial in April, and I requested similar styles to the trial -- with a little more drama. The stylists took this... Read More direction beautifully. They had pictures ready from the trial looks and knew exactly how to amp up the drama in each. The owner, Dana, also allowed my request of purchasing a demo hair piece used at my trial. Maggie was wonderful with communications during the planning process. They also provided us with clear directions on prep, and they arrived promptly as per our agreed timeline. The stylists all finished work for everyone involved and were able to do touch-ups as needed. More than that -- when I kept thinking I must need to touch up makeup and hair due to the heat and happy tears throughout the night, everything remained perfect and in place. I have never felt more beautiful -- BBP helped make it the most perfect day ever. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Rebecca F

Beautiful Brides Philly made everyone feel so beautiful on my wedding day, from ages 18 to 90!!! Our stylists were Maggie, Elisa, and Lan. All 3 arrived on time and were so friendly, upbeat, and fun to chat with during our styling session. Also an important note: they ran... Read More exactly on schedule and were even done a little bit early, which left time for touchups before the photographers arrived. Before the wedding, my hair/makeup trial was done earlier than normal, about 7 months before, because I live across the country, but Maggie and Elisa did a great job of documenting everything they did to recreate my look on the big day. We also appreciated that they were so accommodating when one of my bridesmaids at the last minute (3 weeks before) could no longer attend our wedding due to a family crisis. I was pleasantly surprised that they hair lasted perfectly the entire day - I have very curly, fine hair that frizzes easily, so I was really nervous about the style holding and it did!! My makeup also lasted well, even though it took more of a beating with all the happy tears and dancing all night long -- I still felt beautiful at the end of the evening. Working with Maggie was also perfect because she handles all of the scheduling, so she sent a draft schedule well in advance and promptly responded to our questions/comments we had. They were the perfect choice our wedding!

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Laura P

After a great experience with Dana and her team at a friend's wedding last year, it was a no-brainer that I would be using Beautiful Brides Philly for my own wedding this February. Dana, Maggie, and Stephanie were wonderful and fun to work with, and I and all of my bridesmaids... Read More were so happy with our hair and makeup!! Dana's team is talented, accommodating, punctual, fun, and professional. Also, having the beauty pros come directly to you takes a whole lot of stress out of your day! BBP is definitely worth it - I highly recommend! Thanks again Dana, Maggie, and Stephanie for bringing the beauty to our wedding day!!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Kara D

We had a great experience with Beautiful Brides Philly! Dana was really easy to work with, and Kristin did an excellent job on my hair and makeup! As the bride, I was thrilled that both really stayed throughout the entire (long) day and even the after-party! The others were... Read More very happy with the work that Kristin and Amanda did too. I'd recommend!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Angela D

I had a great experience with Beautiful Brides Philly!! They quickly responded to any concerns I had and were even super helpful when dealing with my MIL :)! The day of the wedding, the team arrived early and began working! They both were super personable and we enjoyed... Read More spending time with them the morning of the wedding. The work was BEAUTIFUL and we all were very happy with both makeup and hair! It was great to be able to have the team come to my home and spend the morning in my own space. I highly recommend Beautiful Brides Philly!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Lannon F

Beautiful Brides Philly was amazing! I had a large party of 8 bridesmaids, myself and my mother and they were right on time! Not only were they professional, but they were so enjoyable to be around that they could've hung out with us all day and it would've been a pleasure.... Read More Everyone enjoyed their make up and hair. In particular, Maggie was a delight to work with and just has the best personality. I would work with them in a heart beat!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Melissa C

Maggie and Elisa did an AMAZING job for myself, my bridesmaids, and mothers. They were right on time, got set up in my hotel suite and went to work! Everyone's hair and makeup looked fabulous and stayed looking great throughout our 100 degree wedding day. I was pretty nervous... Read More since I have naturally curly hair, but Elisa and I worked together to come up with a fabulous naturally curly up-do. We did end up running 45 minutes late, but I kind of expected that and it wasn't an issue at all. Thank you to Beautiful Brides Philly!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Jessica K

I would absolutely recommend booking Beautiful Brides Philly! I used them for my wedding this May and was so happy with Maggie (makeup) and Stephanie (hair). In December, I had a trial for both hair and makeup. They took their time to listen to me and took pictures so that... Read More they could recreate the looks in a few months. On the morning of my wedding, they arrived at 7:00 on the dot--the perfect beginning to my wedding day! All of the bridesmaids were thrilled with their hair and makeup. Maggie and Stephanie stayed on their timeline and completed everyone exactly when they anticipated. Maggie had 7 people for makeup, and Stephanie had 8 for hair. Not only did they do a great job, but we enjoyed spending the day with them. Thank you to Maggie and Stephanie for making my bridal party look and feel beautiful!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Linda D

Thank you BBP!!! I originally found BBP online and booked them based on the excellent reviews. I was not let down. On my wedding day, BBP took amazing care of me, my MIL, 10 bridesmaids, and two flower girls (with hair and makeup services). I loved working with Maggie and... Read More Kristen in particular - who were so friendly and professional, even with my two hair trials. :) My bridesmaids felt beautiful and the prices were very reasonable. The BBP team arrived early in the morning, with a pre-made schedule, and I was able to enjoy the day because I was never feeling rushed. I am so glad I booked them and would recommend the team to anyone looking for on-site hair and makeup!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Juliana K

Beautiful Brides Philly did a fantastic job and I highly recommend them. They provided hair and makeup services for my recent wedding (March 2016). When I asked about pricing and setting up a trial, it was pretty easy. Dana, the owner, was pretty quick to respond to all my... Read More questions. Setting up a time for the trials was also pretty easy between Dana and her assistant, Maggie. At the trial, Dana and Stephanie both asked for and listened to feedback. I wanted a light, natural look for the wedding and while it felt like a lot of makeup for someone who doesn't normally wear much, but it looked so natural in photos. Both moms actually got a trials too and enjoyed it. After a few hours, some of the trial hair and makeup did fall apart a little and we let Dana and Stephanie know about this and what we wanted to change for the day of. (Happy to say that the day of work was awesome and everything stayed). A few weeks prior to the wedding, Maggie made a timeline for us to let us know who and when would get hair and makeup services the day of the wedding. Dana and Stephanie arrived on time the day of the wedding and got setup fairly quickly. They were very professional and friendly. It was a bit like having friends over to do your makeup. Dana and Stephanie made sure that all hair and makeup was perfect before they left. The moms and sister-in-law were pleased. My mom looked fabulous and I know she was not an easy customer:-p My makeup looked great and it stayed the day-of. I touched up a little under my eyes (didn't really have to) and reapplied my lip gloss, but everything else stayed put. Stephanie did a great job on my hair. Everyone commented on how gorgeous my updo was and my hair stayed up the entire night. Overall, Beautiful Brides Philly did a great job on hair and makeup. They are affordable, professional, and I would recommend them to any bride.

Reviewed on 2/03/2016 Silver V

Appalled. Too much paperwork and contracts are catered to "the owners" needs not the bride. Awful quality. Horrible customer service. Owner is rude and unprofessional. Bobby pins were showing as if a child did my hair. Makeup was cheap. Doesn't return calls. Wish I never used... Read More these people.

Beautiful Brides made me a beautiful bride :)

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Stephen G

I found Beautiful Brides through this website, and I contacted them at the same time that I contacted another bridal makeup company. I went with Beautiful Brides because they responded to my inquiry that very day, and they were so professional the whole way through. (I heard... Read More back from the other company later that week, and when I was trying to schedule my trial, she was so vague about availability and eventually stopped answering!) I dealt mainly with Maggie. She was so friendly during the planning process. She emailed me a timeline of when each bridesmaid would be worked on, which was helpful so that they knew when they had to be there. They showed up right on time! They worked on everyone from 8:30, and they were done by 11. (I had 6 bridesmaids, plus myself and my mother.) This gave us plenty of time to have fun, take "getting ready" pictures with the photography, and just relax! Carmela did my makeup the day of. She put me right at ease. I had a breakout the night before (probably due to stress!), but you would never have been able to tell. Maggie and Carmela made everyone look like goddesses. We all looked like ourselves, but enhanced. The makeup lasted all night, and we were all sweating on the dance floor too. The makeup artists at Beautiful Brides are pros at what they do. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Hali B

Beautiful Brides did a remarkable job on not only my hair and makeup, but everyone in my party. My hair and makeup were flawless and stayed that way throughout the day and into the night. Everyone was so happy with their results, as we each got a range of different styles and... Read More looks. Whether it was an updo or a full set of curls, everyone looked their very best. Beautiful Brides was professional, friendly and made us feel like we were their only wedding! I would recommend them to everyone and anyone in the future. You will not be disappointed.

Amazing hair and makeup

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Christina C

Lauren, our lead stylist and Johanna her assistant were fabulous. Everyone looked gorgeous and were so happy with their work. As the bride I could not be happier. Everything looked exactly as I had envisioned it. My makeup and hair stayed flawless all day and night. I... Read More highly recommend Beautiful Brides Philly!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Mariel S

inquired with the company to jave make up only services for my wedding party (10 girls). I spoke with the owner Dana. I provided info about my wedding and then filled out the info sheet she asked me to. She said she would be able to provide the services and so I paid the $200... Read More soft hold to secure the date and booked my trial. The night before the trial I asked if we could change the number of girls to 8 and she said no problem. At the trial Dana quickly reviewed details of the wedding, mentioned timing might be tight, and began applying make up. After make up application and beginning to write up the contract she stated she could not do 8 girls in this time period. She placed all blame on me for not giving her info (such as timing and location), which I had given to her via email and the form she asked me to fill out. She repeatedly mentioned she was the owner and making an exception to do just make up services. I had never asked for the owner or any exceptions. I simply asked if they could provide the services, gave the information they requested, and she said the services could be provided. First she asked me to hire a 3rd make up artist for an additional fee which I agreed to do, then told me she did not have one, then accused me of being unwilling to pay the fee for a 3rd make up artist and when I again said that I would told me she did not have another make up artists available for the second time. She ultimately told me she could only provide services if I hired her for 5 hair styles. I could only do 3 hair styles and she said then I would have to pay for 5 styles. She said the timing would have worked fine if we started earlier but that would involve what she estimated to be 45mins “down time” which she was not willing to do. Since she was unable to provide the services she stated she could I asked for a full refund and she refused. Not to mention make up was horrible.

2015-08-13T15:22:11 Response from the vendor

From the start, the client sent her information (ready time—1pm;services-10, changed to 8) which we use to determine timing.It wasn’t until after trial and the client was about to sign, since she was happy, that I discovered that we were restricted to a 10:30 start... Read Less Read More

Convenient and Stress-Free

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Lindsey D

Having Beautiful Brides Philly come to my home on my wedding day to help myself and my bridal party get ready made the whole day easy and stress-free.

Great job and value!

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Naia C

Beautiful Brides did a great job on my wedding day! Dana is amazing and we had so much fun at their salon for the makeup trial. She also accommodated my ever changing requests for who needed what (don't ask, was a whole MOG situation). I booked site unseen because I live on the... Read More West Coast and I was so happy with the choice-- I've never felt more beautiful! My makeup was executed perfectly and they handled my very stubborn Asian hair well. Only reason for the 4 star would be the second artist wasn't as on point as mine, and a few of the girls hairdos were completely gone by the end of the night. But all in all, fantastic value and I would recommend!!!