Beautiful Mess Photography

St. Louis, the Metro East, Columbia, Chicago & Beyond!

Storytelling Wedding Photographer

Beautiful Mess Photography is a St. Louis based fine art wedding and portrait photographer. We specialize in artistic, storytelling photography. We hope to capture not perfect poses and pristine places, but to bring to light the beauty that can be found in the everyday “mess,” or journey, of life.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

7227 Moller Ave, Maplewood, MO St. Louis, the Metro East, Columbia, Chicago & Beyond! (314) 496-1883

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Katie S

My husband and I got married this past May in St. Genevieve, MO. When I was looking for photographers, I knew how important my wedding photos were going to mean to me for the rest of my life. As a graphic designer, I had a vision in my mind of the photography I wanted, and the... Read More wedding galleries from Beautiful Mess showed me that I was going to get something magical. As soon as I met with Bailey and started sharing my wedding vision with her (winery, romance, rustic elements), I knew that she just GOT it. She captured the whole day- from the intimate moments with friends and family to the beauty and ambiance of the French winery- better than I could have ever imagined. Everything was perfect. I'm so thankful for the meant-to-be, divine intervention that led me to Beautiful Mess for my wedding day. We love you guys!

2016-01-05T15:02:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Katie! It was an honor to be a part of your brilliant wedding!

Amazing

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Heather F

I feel that pictures are the most beautiful way to capture moments in time and because I feel this way, choosing our wedding photographer was an important decision. Bailey and her husband Tim are phenomenal photographers and genuinely warm and wonderful people. In our first... Read More meeting with Bailey, it was clear she is a master (mistress, if you will) of her craft. She was very interested in getting to know us and our vision for our wedding day. She also offered incredibly helpful recommendations and thus, it was a very easy decision to choose Beautiful Mess Photography. Bailey had tons of creative ideas for our engagement shoot --she was not only patient with positioning us, but our four-legged fur baby as well :) They turned out beautifully. As for the big day, Bailey and Tim made everyone feel at ease. We got all of the shots we had envisioned, without anyone feeling pressured or rushed. Our wedding party and guests commented on what great photographers we had and the pictures are the best evidence of that fact. Thank you, Bailey and Tim for outstanding pictures!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Emilie K

I truly can't say enough good things about Bailey! I am absolutely in LOVE with our engagement pictures and know I couldn't have picked someone better to capture our wedding day. Not only is she wonderfully talented, but she has been so understanding and helpful when we ran... Read More into difficulties with our wedding planning. I would recommend her to everyone!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Rebecca W

I can’t even begin to express my gratitude to Bailey. So much so in fact that it has taken me over a month to write this review. Every time I’ve tried I just start tearing up. She is so much more than a photographer. Really someone that was as committed to making our special day... Read More perfect as we were. When you meet her that shows right away… she wanted to know everything about us, and what we wanted our wedding to be. She focused not just on me, but also my husband… to make sure she understood what he wanted as well. With Bailey you’re also getting a window in to what makes a great wedding great. If you need a recommendation, she probably knows the very best person to call. She recommended the wedding coordinator, florist, entertainment, makeup artist, and more. We hired everyone, and they were all wonderful choices. The people that surround her seem to be all positive, outgoing, and very professional people. Every time I spoke to her or asked her a question, she was right there with a brilliant answer and a positive attitude. I knew makeup for film is much different than what you’d do on a normal day. So, when I needed advice she not only sent me a referral but also sent me a long email with everything I needed to know and the questions I should ask the makeup artist. That’s the thing about her, time and again, she not only provide the “who” but also the why and the how. She seemed to be really committed to making sure I understood everything well. She also repeatedly demonstrated how committed she was to us and our engagement/wedding. She showed up early to both our engagement photo session and our wedding to scout the location, and find the perfect spots for our photos. She spoke to the site coordinator well in advance to figure out everything she needed to know. She made everything brilliant. …and brilliant it was. When I first saw the photos I teared up instantly. She just captured everything so well, and exactly the way we had talked about. I didn’t have, or want, a lot of staged photos. I wanted her to capture everything very impromptu…sort of “in the moment” so that we would never forget the day. What she delivered wasn’t just our day captured in a series of still photos, but she also somehow managed to capture that raw, joyous emotion and I’ll be forever grateful to her.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Christin H

We were so happy to work with Bailey and Tim on our wedding day. They made taking pictures so much fun! Our engagement session turned out so well that we couldn't wait for the actual wedding day to work with her again. Bailey has the best eye for shots both inside out... Read More outside. She really knows how to play with the natural light to get the best shot possible. We've really enjoyed getting to know her professionally and now as friends. We absolutely love her and her work!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 2/03/2015 Liesl P

We had Beautiful Mess do the photography for our wedding and they did such an amazing job! Bailey was so helpful and calm throughout the entire process - very on top of her game. They did our engagement pictures as part of the package and she instantly put us at ease. Day of,... Read More she was so fun to be around and a very calming presence on our wedding day. She took the time to get to know us and I think that the end result reflects that. Our pictures were absolutely gorgeous, and fit our dynamic as a couple and as individuals. Our entire wedding party and our families loved her and I truly can't speak highly enough of her photos.

Wonderful photographers!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Kristin G

We had a fantastic experience with A Beautiful Mess Photography. Bailey and Tim were such a pleasure to work with and made our wedding day that much better! We loved having them there; they made us feel comfortable and at ease. Their pictures truly captured the emotion and... Read More sentiment I was hoping for, and I would chose them again in a heartbeat!

We found Beautiful Mess and never looked back

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Andrea M

My husband and I are so happy we chose Beautiful Mess Photography for our engagement and wedding photos. We had an outdoor wedding and searched a long time to find a photographer we felt confident would be able to capture outdoor photos well. We found the blog for Beautiful Mess... Read More and never looked back! Bailey is not only a professional, but she's fun. She made both of us feel comfortable in front of the camera so we could get natural-looking photos. When it came to the chaos of wedding group shots, she was on top of every detail and person. We were impressed with the quality of our photos and also with how quickly we received them. We look forward to more shoots with Beautiful Mess in the future for anniversaries and family photos. We would recommend Beautiful Mess Photography, especially if you are planning an outdoor event!

Great Photographer

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Ashley H

We loved our engagement pictures, along with our wedding photos! Bailey captured all the special moments, and we were very impressed.

Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Eve B

After working with Bailey from Beautiful Mess Photography for our engagement pictures we decided we must have her for our wedding! Bailey takes beautiful photos and brings an artistic vision to the photos. There were a lot of details that we wanted captured of the venue... Read More itself, as well as, special details we added for the day. She captured every single shot we wanted and they were stunning. A wedding day goes by so fast and often the bride and groom don't get to see all of the moments. Bailey captured all of the special moments and she did a great job at capturing our guests having a blast! That day, her husband Tim was her assistant and they were so much fun to work with and got along with everyone! Bailey got our pictures back to us way before expected and we were so very happy with them!

Very happy

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Andrea D

Bailey and Tim did my wedding and were wonderful! They was so nice and professional. My wedding was only 3 weeks ago so I do not have the pictures back yet. However, I did get a little preview and love what I saw!

What I wanted and what I got

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Michelle D

When I was browsing the internet endlessly for a photographer for my engagement/wedding photos I stumbled upon Beautiful Mess Photography's website and IMMEDIATELY fell in love with what I saw. I had been searching and searching for a photographer that can take more than just... Read More portrait pictures; someone who would create a realistic representation of the "big day". I knew that I wanted my photos to look just like the ones featured on the blog and website. I booked a meeting with Bailey and found her to be professional, fun, and inviting. During our engagement shoot she made my fiance and I feel WAY more comfortable than we thought we could ever feel in front of a camera. The end result is amazing. I am so in love with the engagement photos we took in Forrest Park. I feel I got exactly what I wanted to get out of the shoot: artistic photos that represent who we are as a couple. I am so looking forward to the wedding photos!!

Beautiful Mess is amazing!

Reviewed on 4/18/2013 Jennifer H

We are absolutely loving our wedding photos from Bailey! She is such a great photographer and got some awesome candid shots during our ceremony and reception. Our favorites are the ones she took at the end of the night... between the fog and the lighting, they turned out... Read More amazing! Can't wait to get them printed and hung in our new home!! :)

Great photographer!

Reviewed on 1/07/2013 Lauren L

We loved working with Bailey and the Beautiful Mess team! All of the photos in her portfolio were amazing and she didn't disappoint when it came to our own wedding. We continue to receive compliments on all of our photos and are happy we chose Beautiful Mess to photograph our... Read More special day.

Great to work with

Reviewed on 12/06/2012 barbara t

Bailey and crew were great to work with, and got some lovely shots throughout the day. We've not seen the final products yet, but trust that the images she showed us during the reception are an indication that we'll have lovely remembrances. She did a great job of keeping us on... Read More task to ensure that all of the 'staged' shots we wanted got done.

Great experience

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Maureen S

We had a wonderful experience working with Beautiful Mess. When we first met with Bailey we were highly impressed by her professionalism while also extremely feeling comfortable conversing with her. During our engagement shoot, we got the opportunity to really get to know... Read More Bailey and how she works. She told us tricks of the trade to make sure our pictures felt natural, and reflected our personalities. Bailey and her assistant Mark were great during our wedding. We enjoyed working with them both throughout the whole day. During group photos they took charge, directing our family and bridal parties, easing a process that can be difficult when you are assembling a large group of people. Close to the end of the evening, we had a a slight incident in which a guest was injured and had to go to the hospital. This resulted the cake cutting and bouquet toss being delayed by two hours. Bailey and her assistant were very understanding through the whole incident and willing to stay through the delay without charging us any extra fees. In a stressful situation, it was such a relief to not worry about cutting the cake on time. We love our final photos! Bailey's creative storytelling really comes through the pictures. We actually feel like we can remember little moments throughout the day by flipping through our pictures. We would highly recommend a Beautiful Mess photography.

Beautiful Mess = Beautiful Photos

Reviewed on 4/17/2012 Leah H

Bailey and Tim are lovely people who so happen to be extremely talented photographers. Our pictures are simply beautiful and were undoubtedly made better by the calming presence that Bailey and Tim had on our wedding day. Bailey always listened to my thoughts and concerns... Read More (however irrational) and provided her thoughts based on her years in the industry but also with a willingness to try new things. Bailey and Tim have such an eye for positioning her clients within a landscape and working with natural lighting to produce some truly amazing photographs. They also have an eye for detail and as much focus is placed on the bride they never forget the groom. Beautiful Pictures, Lovely People and a Wonderful Experience - you can't go wrong with Beautiful Mess Photography!

Perfect Day, Perfect Photos

Reviewed on 1/22/2012 april s

Bailey was great to work with. She was very flexible in working with us to create a photography package that would work for our day. The day of the wedding, Bailey and Beth were both great. They were able to capture all the traditional photos that you need for every... Read More wedding but the non-traditional pictures of the day were incredible. Bailey is very professional and really knows how to capture the special moments when you think no one is watching. Our pictures came out amazing and we get so many compliments on how beautiful they are.

Absolutely Stunning!!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2011 Elizabeth S

I could not be happier with my wedding photos - Beautiful Mess Photography was fabulous. Bailey and her assistant were able to capture every aspect of our wedding day. They were extremely flexible and understanding, very easy to work with, and the photos are just amazing. I... Read More would recommend them to everyone!

Beautiful Mess Photography - Great!

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Jessica P

Beautiful Mess Photography did both my engagement photos and my wedding photos. Bailey and her husband Tim are both super friendly and nice people. They also know how to control a big group of people as we had a very large wedding party. They never seemed intrusive at our... Read More wedding but they never stopped taking photos. They had very creative ideas and seemed genuinely happy and excited to be a part of our big day. I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married. They are great at taking formal shots and also candid shots. They also found areas for photos that I didn't even think of out at St. Albans. They were great and I plan on using them for family photos in the very far future ;-)

Photography :)

Reviewed on 10/23/2011 skyler Z

Bailey was very nice to work with. She knew what she was doing though out the whole process. she gave us the link to the photos very soon after the wedding. All of the photos look great. she was wonderful to work with. she worked with us to create a photo package that we... Read More wanted.

Rating for Beautiful Mess Photography

Reviewed on 9/04/2008 Kirsten G

Bailey Mohr

Beautiful Mess Photography is a St. Louis based fine art, wedding and portrait photographer. Our style is artistic storytelling. We feel it is an honor to be invited into your wedding to capture these once in a lifetime moments of your life. We know storytelling to be an art, a passion, and a personal experience. When you commission us to be your artist, you get us. Beautiful Mess Photography is our dream come true. Whether you are celebrating your engagement or getting married, we would love to capture your story, as your dreams come true.