#1 Top Rated Artist in Missouri & Illinois

Our goal is to create a look that is nothing more or less than YOU. 24 hr. waterproof makeup & flawless skin. Come meet us now. Check out some of our brides we worked with pictures. Best of Weddings 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. FIRST & ONLY Winner, Best of Weddings Hall of Fame - STL Beauty.

Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Beauty

132 W. Monroe Avenue , Kirkwood, MO

BEAUTIFUL WEDDING

Reviewed on 4/25/2014

THANKS FOR MAKING OUR FAMLIES DAY EVEN MORE SPECIAL. WHAT A PLEASURE TO WORK WITH LAUREN WILKERSON FROM BEAUTY BY BROXIE. SHE WAS SO FRIENDLY REALLY WENT THE EXTRA MILE TO SATISFY THE WHOLE WEDDING PARTY. OUR MAKEUP AND HAIR TURNED OUT BETTER THAN WE COULD HAVE EVER ASK FOR. LAUREN WAS SO PROFESSIONAL AND UNDERSTANDING TO OUR PARTICULAR NEEDS AND WANTS. OUR FAMILY WOULD USE HER AGAIN. THANKS

Absolute perfection!

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 Corinne J

I had Lauren Wilkinson do my makeup and my bridesmaids' makeup for my May wedding. I couldn't ask for such a wonderful service and end result. Lauren was on time, prepared, and friendly. She exceeded my makeup expectations. She did such a natural and beautiful job. We didn't look like we had a ton of makeup on, nor did we look like plain Jane. Her makeup techniques made us look like ourselves, but the best and most beautiful. I could not ask for a better makeup artist. Lauren is the best! You will not be disappointed!

2014-04-30T11:32:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you HVM you were such a beautiful bride! I enjoyed working with you and your family!

Above and Beyond!

Reviewed on 2/19/2014 Lauren D

D'Shannon did my best friend's makeup for her wedding and she was absolutely stunning! So of course when it came time for my wedding, she was the first person I contacted. Unfortunately she was already booked for my date, but went out of her way to track down a trusted colleague that was available. I cannot thank her enough for her awesome customer service, especially when she had nothing to gain! Thank you thank you thank you! I ended up getting my makeup done by Lauren Wilkerson and could not have been happier. She is so sweet, and extremely knowledgeable about everything makeup! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015

Do not book this makeup artist! She walked out on me on my wedding day. She is irresponsible, rude, and dishonest. I booked Lauren Wilkerson 8 months before my wedding. Never once did she mention to me that she was pregnant and expecting to have a child near the time of my wedding. I found out about her pregnancy 1 month before my wedding. I had no choice but to stay with her because of such short notice. All brides know it is practically impossible to find a new makeup artist within a month of your wedding. Her dishonesty almost ruined my makeup for my wedding. She had told me that I was in good hands and that there was going to be no problems and that she would be expecting her baby in June, even though my wedding was late May. One week before my wedding I get a text from Lauren telling me that she will not be able to do my wedding makeup because she just had her baby. While that is a beautiful moment in her life, I was left frantic. I had pleaded for her to do at least my bridal makeup for my wedding day, since I had no idea who would be doing my makeup. I could not believe what a big disaster this turned into. She then scrambled to find other makeup artists to do my two-day wedding. Out of the 3 makeup artists she planned as back up, only one could do my makeup for the 1st day. I was left without anyone to do my 2nd wedding makeup. I had to wait another day (now 6 days before the wedding) to find out that Lauren would be glad to come as planned to do my 2nd day wedding makeup and that she would bring a qualified assistant to help. Throughout all this craziness, she told me that quality of work would not diminish and that I had nothing to worry about and that everything was going to be fine. My 1st day wedding makeup went amazing by the Jen the Makeup Artist from Flawless. She was amazing and everyone should book this wonderful and pleasant person. She ended up saving my wedding because she was the one who came to do my 2nd day makeup, which was truly flawless! On the 2nd day of my wedding, Lauren comes in, not chatty and not friendly. Her assistant she brought was horrible! Her assistant couldn't even put on false lashes! The eye makeup was extremely disproportionate, unequal, and poorly applied coverage. Furthermore, the assistant criticize my sister and told her that her lips were too dark for pink to look good on her, justifying why my sister had purple lipstick on when she was wearing a peach dress... IT was DISGUSTING to be around rude people like that. If Lauren or her assistant were anywhere near being a decent or even professional, she could of concealed her lip color first before putting the pink lipstick on without bashing my sister who isn’t that dark to begin with. I told Lauren that she wasn’t upholding her promise that the makeup would be perfect as what she initially did at the trial. Lauren poorly covered my face. She messed up my eye look. Lauren clearly did not want to be here doing my makeup, given her negativity, attitude, and quality of makeup work. Lauren ended yelling at me saying "NEVER IN ALL MY LIFE" and stormed out and walked out of my house, in front of my hairstylist, leaving me without my makeup done or my mothers or my sisters with 6 hours left before my ceremony. Very unprofessional, do not hire her. She almost ruined the happiest day of my life. It is sad that there are people like her out here.

Reviewed on 7/01/2015

Do not book this makeup artist! She walked out on me on my wedding day. she is irresponsible, rude, and dishonest. I booked Lauren Wilkerson 8 months before my wedding. Never once did she mention to me that she was pregnant and expecting to have a child near the time of my wedding. To make matters worse, I found out about her being pregnant one month before my wedding. I had no choice but to stay with her because of such short notice. All brides know it is practically impossible to find a new makeup artist within a month of your wedding. Her dishonesty almost ruined my makeup for my wedding. She had told me that I was in good hands and that there was going to be no problems and that she would be expecting her baby in June, even though my wedding was late May. One week before my wedding I get a text from Lauren telling me that she will not be able to do my wedding makeup because she just had her baby. While that is a beautiful moment in her life, I was left frantic. I had pleaded for her to do at least my bridal makeup for my wedding day, since I had no idea who would be doing my makeup. I could not believe what a big disaster this turned into.

Flawless experience!

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Emily G

Beauty By Broxie is the most amazing makeup artist in the STL area and beyond. She is professional and makes everyone feel special, not just the bride. She stays current with makeup trends & is always finding new products that work with various clients. She is quick to respond to emails and always makes sure she has things organized & convenient for fellow vendors as well as clients. I only use BBB for my makeup needs & refer her to all clients looking for a flawless experience.

absolutely fabulous

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Alexandra M

D has to be the best make up artist ever ! she was so amazing she had me look perfect all day from the beginning of the wedding to the end of the night she was with me fixing my hair , vail and of course my make up it was wonderful i didn't have to worry are stress about how i looked i just had fun. Ds make up skills are fantastic she had me looking like a Disney princess for my wedding but for my reception she turned me in a Victoria secret angel.

Lookin Great!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Kayla W

D'Shannon was the very first vendor we hired for my daughter's wedding! She came to us with such great recommendations, we didn't want to take a chance that she would be busy that day! She was so amazing! She met with us and went over everything my daughter wanted for her wedding day. She met with her several times to do trials and to discuss her options until her make up was perfect! And we not only hired her to do the make up while my daughter and her bridesmaids got ready, but for the entire day!!!!!!!!! She followed the wedding party all day for pictures and then back to the church before the wedding to make sure everyone looked their best (including me :) !!! She did an outstanding job! She worked with each girl to enhance their features and give them the look they wanted. We could not have been happier with how everyone looked that day and in the pictures! Thank you D'Shannon for being such a professional and for doing such an amazing job :) You're the BEST!!!

Great work!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Cherie N

D'Shannon did an amazing job on my make up for my wedding this past weekend! I received many compliments! Thanks again D! :)

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Julie V

D'Shannon and team are so incredible. I am a wedding planner who recently got married. I have used D'Shannon and her team for several of my brides plus my own wedding. Personally, she did a fantastic on me. I did not realize I could be so beautiful. Looking back at the pictures makes me want to call and thank her each time! For my other brides that she has done work on they all feel the same way! Every bride has loved working with her and her team. I would highly recommend D'Shannon and her staff to any bride!

Thank you D'Shannon!!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Michelle C

I am so happy the i found D'Shannon for my wedding. She is truly an amazing makeup artist. I've never felt so beautiful before. She knew exactly how I wanted to look without me being able to explain it. Not only is she a great artist but she was a blast to be with all day. She went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. Thank you so much for making my wedding day so amazing!!!!

Engagement party

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 sanaa h

I recently had the pleasure of working with D'Shannon for my engagement party in August. I booked D'Shannon months in advance. When I first met her for a consultation she asked me questions about my preferences, what color my outfit would be, little things about how I liked my eyeliner to be done, etc. She wanted to know the small details. I showed her a few pictures I liked of previous brides, and after a few minutes she knew exactly what I wanted. She was polite, courteous, and energetic, which made me even more excited to work with her. The day of the engagement she arrived to my house on time, and started working right away on a few of my family members. In fact aside from doing just my family she also ended up working on my friends as well that requested their make up to be done last minute. A lot of times make up artists are hesitant to take last minute requests, but D'Shannon was more than happy to do so! Everyone was thoroughly pleased with their makeup, including myself. I think the best part of working with D'Shannon is that she's cultured and has an artistic sense of what will look great. She ended up doing my engagement make up a bit differently than what we had previously done at my trial run with her. She asked me to trust her and let her do her magic, and that is exactly what I did. As far as pricing goes, she's very reasonable, especially for bridal make up. She charged me by the hour instead of per person which made things a lot easier since I had events on 2 different days that she did make up for. Will definitely be working with her again in the near future! Thanks D!

Amazing Bridal Make-Up & Hair

Reviewed on 9/11/2013 Sonal M

I just got married over Labor Day weekend and like all brides, what I looked like was of utmost importance. As a South Asian bride, I needed an artist who understood my skin tone, the looks I wanted, and could service the multiple events I had with different but consistent looks. D'Shannon was incredible! I received compliments at every event on my make-up and hair and everyone is still talking about how I looked! :) But even more importantly, D'Shannon went above and beyond her contracted terms to ensure that my family and I looked gorgeous for our events. She was ultra flexible, knowledgeable, and friendly. I highly recommend her to any bride- she knows skin and hair and will bring out your natural beauty!

Best Makeup Ever

Reviewed on 9/10/2013

I cannot say enough good things about D'Shannon - she was so great, a true makeup "artist" I felt completely pampered the whole time and she went above and beyond to make sure we all looked fantastic. The makeup lasted all night long. Not only was she a great makeup artist, she was so sweet and kind, giving me a minute to calm down during all the stress of the day, and letting me get myself together before starting. She was better than amazing, I would absolutely refer her to every bride!

stunning makeup

Reviewed on 9/04/2013 Lauren G

I was married in August, in St. Louis humidity and spent 3 hours running around outside before the wedding taking pictures all over the city and my make up survived, remaining flawless all night long. D'Shannon did a fantastic job catering to all the requests of my bridal party, making sure each one of the girls unique features were highlighted. She's very professional and fun to have around. I would recommend her to anyone looking for an experienced, talented and professional make up artist in the St. Louis area.

D Makeup Artist Review

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Francesca D

D Makeup Artist is absolutely the best anyone could ask for. Her talent and beautiful personality translate your dreams into a reality. I feel like I can take on the world each and every time she does my makeup. Her expertise and knowledge of makeup and skin are unsurpassed. I would highly recommend her to anyone for lessons as well as makeup application. Her kind heart and generous spirit make D Makeup Artist stand out amongst others.

Loved Her!

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Neena P

I am so happy that I booked D'Shannon for my wedding. She was absolutely wonderful to work with! Not only was she professional, but she was also fun to hang out with while getting make up done and helped calm me down when I was rushing to get all myself together before one of my wedding events. She made all of us look so elegant and glamorous while also looking natural. I didn't feel like I had pounds of make up on and I felt my make up looked amazing! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND using D'Shannon and I can't wait to have her do my make up again! =) Thank you again D'Shannon for everything! You were great to work with!

Amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Sheena P

We were very lucky to work with D'Shannon during my sister's wedding. She did an absolutely amazing job at making everyone look perfect. The makeup looked beautiful, natural, and exactly how we wanted! I can't wait to work with her again! She is highly recommended!!

Job well done!

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Rebecca D

The entire wedding party, including the bride and mother of the bride, looked absolutely stunning! D'Shannon did an amazing job on everyone's makeup especially the bride. She looked incredibly beautiful and D'Shannon helped make that happen. She comes highly recommended!!

A Flawless Touch

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Kelly m

The experience was relaxed and comfortable and the entire wedding party looked stunning. Whether you prefer a more natural look, dramatic look or have no idea, D was able to bring it all together. And, the pictures looked amazing (photographed extremely well).Highly recommended for a night out or special event.

Stunning work!!!

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Jennifer D

I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid in my beautiful friend's wedding last weekend! D'Shannon did make up for the bride and all the bridesmaids. She was on time, organized, fun, and so talented! Everyone looked incredible and no detail was overlooked. She personalized each girl's make up and made us all look super glamorous and aisle-ready, but still kept us very much true to our own style of eyes, lips, coloring, etc.! Our make up was impeccable and stood the test of not only time but also weather (which is a pretty remarkable testament to D'Shannon and her products since we had rain and sunshine to contend with). She was available and was eager to touch us up throughout the day/evening. I would 100% recommend her services!!! If I could hop in a time machine and hire her for my wedding I definitely would! Thank you for making us all look so wonderful for such a special day!

A true make-up artist

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Kathy J

D'Shannon was a delight. First of all, she did the make-up for eight bridesmaids, the bride and the mother-of-the-bride. She kept everyone on schedule and made everyone look just beautiful. She runs a tight ship, keeping an eye on the clock. Yet, she takes the time to give everyone the personal attention they needed. She asked what I wanted. I replied: no wrinkles, bigger eyes, long lashes...what any 50-something wants. She delivered. I truly felt like I had a full make-over.

Happy bride, happy repeat customer

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 KASEY J

I have had D'Shannon do my makeup SEVERAL times and every time I have been so so happy. I recently this weekend had her do my makeup for my wedding. It was awesome. I have never seen my MOH look better. Her eyes were incredible. My fiance (now husband) thought I looked gorgeous. I have worked with her on both personal and professional shoots and she has always made me look glam. I really like her work-- and I know all her other clients have always been happy with her! Love her!

Great makeup

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Genevieve E

D'shannon did a great job w/our makeup!

TO Beauty By Broxie